What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Time to nerf the Valdore

Comments

• stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Well said.

Also, I have been keenly observing all the whiners, lying in wait, ready to pounce at the first opportunity they get to take away from others. And now, with a major rep nerf incoming, they smell blood. Typical. You give them a finger, and they try to take the whole hand. Whereas it's really THE finger they should be getting.

Well said.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    oracion666 wrote: »
    This comment bugs me a bit. It reminds me of all the posts feds used to submit about how klinks had cloaking and they didnt.

IT should bother you. It should also bother you that the real heart of the problem is that feds didn't have any uniqueness to them at all, while the KDF got all the special toys AND the overpowered consoles.
  • oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    IT should bother you. It should also bother you that the real heart of the problem is that feds didn't have any uniqueness to them at all, while the KDF got all the special toys AND the overpowered consoles.

O please. If that were the case, why does the KDF have such low player numbers on their side? Fed side has, or had, a majority of content behind them, while the KDF had to make do with what scraps they had until Cryptic got their act together and gave them a 1-50 lvling experience. They have far fewer ships than feds, and whenever they received ANYTHING, feds were right there banging on the door and crying to Cryptic to give them the same thing.

This thread just goes to show that it's happening again, except this time its the Romulans on the chopping block.
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

edited March 2014
    O please. If that were the case, why does the KDF have such low player numbers on their side? Fed side has, or had, a majority of content behind them, while the KDF had to make do with what scraps they had until Cryptic got their act together and gave them a 1-50 lvling experience. They have far fewer ships than feds, and whenever they received ANYTHING, feds were right there banging on the door and crying to Cryptic to give them the same thing.

This thread just goes to show that it's happening again, except this time its the Romulans on the chopping block.
    In the end, nothing really changes :rolleyes:.
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

• dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    noblet wrote: »
    It's already been nerfed, hard.

Currently, it's balanced as is.

You must be joking. I use it and it provides 2,400 heals per second. That console needs a serious nerf badly. If anyone says otherwise then you got a problem. And no nobody needs compensation for buying the ship. It was way OP and still is way OP.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    O please. If that were the case, why does the KDF have such low player numbers on their side?

Because no one cares about the KDF? They were always the Federation Foil in the TOS, and kinda interesting space samurais in TNG, and right back to honorable barbarians in DS9.

They just don't have a fanbase to speak of, so they will never have the numbers to match the feds. Cryptic has tried to favor them with better consoles and then better doffing, trying to get people to play them more but to no one's surprise, most people STILL just don't care about them. I get there are some hardcore KDF fans, but for some reason accepting this truth has always been an issue. "Oh, if ONLY the KDF had more content, or more attention instead of those vile feds we'd have more players!" Is something that's been bandied around for years, and its as hollow now as it was then.
  • gedged2gedged2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You must be joking. I use it and it provides 2,400 heals per second. That console needs a serious nerf badly. If anyone says otherwise then you got a problem. And no nobody needs compensation for buying the ship. It was way OP and still is way OP.

I have the valdore console too and don't get nearly your 2,400 heals per second rate :eek:
    After they nerfed that console the first time the heal doesn't come when you need it. It can take 15 sec before I get even 1 proc. It's just like the 2.5% proc rate of weapons, it can come at widely varying times and not always when you need it.

If you have 2,400 heals per second then they must have missed nerfing your console the first time and need to nerf yours hard. :rolleyes:
  • khaldun1khaldun1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    gedged2 wrote: »
    I have the valdore console too and don't get nearly your 2,400 heals per second rate :eek:
    After they nerfed that console the first time the heal doesn't come when you need it. It can take 15 sec before I get even 1 proc. It's just like the 2.5% proc rate of weapons, it can come at widely varying times and not always when you need it.

If you have 2,400 heals per second then they must have missed nerfing your console the first time and need to nerf yours hard. :rolleyes:

QFT. Yet another "Cry NERF! And let slip the dogs of QQ!". Too many cries for NERF and not enough talent to just make what they have work.

It was nerfed. The fact it is a zen console and was still nerfed is nothing short of a miracle. The devs won't nerf it again just because of people whining. If it's nerfed again, no one will buy it. Period. Therefore, Cryptic won't touch it again.

I have the stupid console. Is it nice? Sure. Is it a game changer like it used to be? I don't think so. It used to be you could throw it on and outheal anything out there. Even more than say a Tal Shiar Adapted Battlecruiser with the 2 part Borg set and its 2 part regeneration.

Now, it helps. But it is nothing like it was.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Want the mogai console nerfed eh? Sure, do that. But they may as well make the 2 piece worth using, maybe buffing the 2 piece drain resist bonus? It'd sure help us fleet mogai pilots out :P
    I need a beer.

• neonevangelionneonevangelion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    When people will start to realize that is the combo aux2bat + FAW/CRF that makes everything so OP in this game? Without that the Valdore console is subpar, losing its 'shiny' status to other universal consoles.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    #1 - Definitely a bug if it procs on proc based damage and worse with pets. Big bug. Throw out gravity wells, tyken's rifts, and all other pulse based damage to get more procs, very wrong.

#2 - The programmers have a heck of a mess with what they classify damage. I wouldn't be surprised if they classified tachyon beam as damage and hence why it seems to act as it instead of a drain, which is wrong.

Oh I highly agree that it is bugged, even the solanae hull leech has been acting the exact same way.

Eliminate the bug, and it is perfectly fine at a 2.5%.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited March 2014
    When people will start to realize that is the combo aux2bat + FAW/CRF that makes everything so OP in this game? Without that the Valdore console is subpar, losing its 'shiny' status to other universal consoles.
    Again on this a2b route? :rolleyes:
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf

• disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I will point out that these arguments sound almost the same as the ones about plasmonic leech.

If the devs feel the need to adjust the console they will. that have done it before.

The healing could use looked at as it has an outrageous benefit for cannon ships over beams. It would probably be better if there was a cap for min max healing. That way everyone gets the same amount of healing out of it an no one goes "WAHHH HE HEALS TOO MUCH!" or "WAHHHH I DON"T HEAL ENOUGH COMPARED TO THAT GUY!"

On my mogai I do see procs of over 2400, This is a bit much even if it usually happens when I'm at full shields, Perhaps there should also be a cap on when it can activate, only healing when you are damaged by x%
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm all for normalizing the repairs of the Valdore Console (and I'm an avid Mogai user). But if you're doing that, you could buff that weapons drain resist for the 2 piece bonus as compensation :cool:
    XzRTofz.gif
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Perfect (IMO) fix for the Valdore console:

Don't change the effectiveness of it at all, but change it instead to come from the tier 5 retrofit version of the Mogai, so it can only be used on that ship and it's fleet version. Add a script to automatically deequip it from every non-tier 5 Mogai or fleet Mogai.

Problem solved. You didn't nerf it, people didn't lose anything, and you will only ever see the 'uber healing' of the console on the Mogai and fleet version. Also the current tier 5 Mogai console goes to the Valdore instead and can be used on all Warbirds.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Perfect (IMO) fix for the Valdore console:

Don't change the effectiveness of it at all, but change it instead to come from the tier 5 retrofit version of the Mogai, so it can only be used on that ship and it's fleet version. Add a script to automatically deequip it from every non-tier 5 Mogai or fleet Mogai.

Problem solved. You didn't nerf it, people didn't lose anything, and you will only ever see the 'uber healing' of the console on the Mogai and fleet version. Also the current tier 5 Mogai console goes to the Valdore instead and can be used on all Warbirds.

Not sure if giving all warbirds access to the ion beam is a good solution. I know that most people don't tend to spec into particle generators, but those who do would get an extremely powerful weapon. This thing is the reason the Mogai is considered a vaper. 80k+ hits (unresistible due to electrical damage) are not unusual. Combined with a BO3 it never fails to make a kill in PvP.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Valdore is OP, plz nerf
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Yeap. I am also sick of all the whines to nerf the valdore console. Its not OP, the builds are OP. In the builds of PvErs min/maxers or PvPers looks OP, but lets say on average players builds its just decent. Heck even on a sci ship, wich just 6 weapon slots (well... 5 if you take out the kinetic beam wich is allready a standard), its behaving subpar.

Also a big problem its stacking. On everything. Debuffs, damage, heals... Stacking should be limited, even boff skills cross-profesions. Like on dmg, if you have dmg boots from EPtW, when activating AP:Omega, the extra dmg boost not to apply, only the other efects. Same for heals, both shield and hull, incliding items/sets aswell. Like if you have HE or Fermionic field on, and the borg 2 pc set procs or the 3 pc Solanae proc, no extra heal to be gained, only cleanse. Same for the sheilds, if TSS is on or other shield healing ability its on, a proc from valdore console not to heal anything. And same for the debuffs, like limit the beta/delta stacks to, lets say, 5 times max (number is cuz of team players number and to not feel a nerf to the recluse/weavers owners...)

Also I find so hypocritical that some PvPers whine about the valdore console, yet not about soo many real OP stuff in this game like the Fleet Elite shields, Elite Fleet disruptors or the aceton assimilator (wich I remember some time ago even a dev stated in an interview that its OP and it should be nerfed).
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Valdore is OP, plz nerf
    Of course ... of course ... :P
    P58WJe7.jpg

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    eisenw0lf wrote: »
    Not sure if giving all warbirds access to the ion beam is a good solution. I know that most people don't tend to spec into particle generators, but those who do would get an extremely powerful weapon. This thing is the reason the Mogai is considered a vaper. 80k+ hits (unresistible due to electrical damage) are not unusual. Combined with a BO3 it never fails to make a kill in PvP.

I understand what you are getting at. It would give Romulans another 'vape' weapon, but honestly, unlike some of the other stuff out there, it is still only one target and doesn't ignore shields. Compared to something like Proton Barrage, which ignores shields, is AoE, and is hard to resist as well.

Sure you can use both of those things together (among other vaping 'tools') but in my opinion there is such a thing as 'overkill' when it comes to that kind of stuff, and honestly you do reach a point where you can kill someone, and you don't need the rest of your vape.

Besides, I'd rather give all Warbirds another vaping weapon over a console that lets them pretty much keep up shields more or less 100% of the time, letting them live a LOT longer, and a lot easier because of it.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Sure you can use both of those things together (among other vaping 'tools') but in my opinion there is such a thing as 'overkill'
    Hogwash. There is no overkill. There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mosul33 wrote: »
    I am also sick of all the whines to nerf the valdore console.
    Why aren't these people asking to nerf the Plasmonic Leech console?

Probably because they already *have* one.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Valedore is, at best, worth the slot it takes, unlike the must-have plasmonic leech. It's the 2nd most useful cstore console, but a distant 2nd. Everything else in cstore aren't worth the slot they take.

All this does is calling dev attention to nerfing the plasmonic leech. Talking about shooting yourself in the foot.:D
  • neonevangelionneonevangelion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A fully spec'd flow caps toon can get what from plasmonic, 30 extra power to all subsystem? From a single slot console, worth 25m @Fed, 1500z @KDF, that doesnt even need to hit the target to activate its proc. 30 extra power, people. Back in the day, purple mk xii engineer consoles gave 4 to ONE system and people with 4 of those slotted used to brag about it.

Oh, and one could argue that the Scimitar cloaked barrage console is also OP, specially with the 2nd shield console. But i dont see anyone opening threads about it, lol.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Plasmonic Leech on my Fed is probably indeed a mite OP; on my Rom, however, it is simply a must-have Console, as you're not gonna hit that [Amp] across the board otherwise, ever.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ah valdore console, how I love your reliable and nigh-constant 3000+ shield heals.

2-piece Borg + Valdore console + covariant cap x2 shield = casually tanking ESTF gate on my own with no shield or hull heals.

Seriously, this console needs a major nerf.

I have one and I'd prefer it to be nerfed into the ground.

For your information, a lot of people were calling for a nerf to the plasmonic leech. The only reason the complaining has stopped is because we've all gotten bored of asking for it. Same goes for a lot of the overpowered stuff in this game, including elite fleet shields and field generators (which were op even when they weren't stackable).
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think there's room for some reasonable scaling back of performance on the Valdore and leech consoles without destroying their purpose. Some ideas:

Valdore console:
    Add a min/max limit like the Solonae Hull Integrity Leech, and then add a minor or moderate skill power bonus to one of the shield skills (i.e. something like this: Min heal of 250 shields per facing, Max heal of 1500 shields per facing, +20 Starship Shield Emitters)

or

add a threshold limit like Nanite Health Monitor, Work Bees, and Repair Platform drones (i.e. Valdore console effect doesn't kick in until a single facing is below 50% or all 4 facings are below 75%)

Leech console:
    add a max limit on the total, stacked amount of drain, perhaps at +10 all systems, then add a skill buff to compensate somewhat for the loss in performance to very high-end users of it, maybe +Starship EPS Systems or +Starship Flow Caps

And as a side note that occured to me while thinking about the leech console and it's effects, since it completely displaces the Engineering +power consoles, why not give them a revamp?

Engineering Power Bonus Consoles:
    replace flat power bonus with a scaling efficiency bonus based on final power numbers (i.e. more power to system at low final number levels not power slider setting, amount of efficiency increases with greater mark level/rarity and a skill buff to Starship X Performance skill) Example console: "new" Console - Engineering - Booster Modulator: +x Aux power bonus(higher at low levels), +25 Starship Auxiliary Performance, the +x Aux power at maybe +15ish max when the Aux subsystem final number is around 25 (note: this console wouldn't count itself for the "final" power level)
    edited March 2014
    Bland, tasteless, gray, hollow, sheep, equal, lack of commitment.

Every time people call "nerf X" for their own made up reasons.
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It doesn't need nerfing, only fixing because as it stands along with the solanae hull leech both proc off pretty much any form of attack coming from you or pets.

Fix the bug, and it would be fine.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    When I got serious about leveling up my Rom, first thing I did was get the infamous Valdore console. Then, several weeks later, I needed the slot for something else, and figured "Heck, why not?! For lolz." And, lo and behold, I hardly even miss it, LOL.

Tl;dr: reports of Valdore being OP are highly exaggerated.
    3lsZz0w.jpg