test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which Faction did you choose, why, and how do you like your choice?

Comments

• trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I went with both sides but I have to admit I like the Klingon side better, except for the uniforms.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited February 2014
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    I went with both sides but I have to admit I like the Klingon side better, except for the uniforms.

If the KDF had better/more uniforms (especially uniforms that arent broken or break the kits/prevent them from showing up), there would be no contest.

The contraband/dil grind is so much better on the KDF side, though. Also, Nausicaan Pirate trait isnt bad either.

I want to play Fed stuff, but i still need to grind out dil, so it is KDF all the way.
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    protogoth wrote: »
    I am allied with the Orion Syndicate and the Klingon Empire.

There are numerous reasons for this choice, not least of which was the overbearing snobbery and prejudice of the Vulcan ambassador in the mission where we talk to Feds and Klingons before the bomb goes off that changes the tune of both the UFP and Klingon Empire.

Also, I cannot fly a D7 if I ally with the UFP, and that would suck majorly, since the only female Romulan seen in TOS was commanding a squadron of D7s.

And female Orion allies are helpful to a character who lives for espionage (my character, the head of the Tal'Diann).

Plus, Reunification is not a bad idea, but it will not happen until the Vulcans realize they messed up, and that doesn't seem likely any time soon.

So, until then, I'll just keep seducing individual Vulcans to march beneath the Raptor's Wings, and blasting away at Starfleet vessels in places where they shouldn't be.

I see.....

Personally i cant see myself siding with those who enjoy the deaths of our people. To me, romulans need to side with the orians to be covert. WE are the masters of covert opertaions. we one needs to be covert they should side with US.
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I see.....

Personally i cant see myself siding with those who enjoy the deaths of our people. To me, romulans need to side with the orians to be covert. WE are the masters of covert opertaions. we one needs to be covert they should side with US.

It is a mistake to paint all Klingons with the same brush. Even Worf, whose parents were killed by Romulans, eventually came to recognize that not all Romulans are dishonorable curs (and that attack on Khitomer, in non-canonical literature, was ordered by an insane Praetor). In addition, Romulans have been allied with Klingons more than once.

Having said this, it is also a mistake to paint all Vulcans with the same brush. T'nae, however, was a very poor choice for the Feds to send to the Khitomer Conference of 2409; the woman was obviously biased against Romulans, and her attitude was one of arrogant self-assurance as well as overweening arrogance. In the end, the only reason she agreed to support the Republic was to prevent the Klingons from gaining any advantage.

The other Federation representative to the conference was naive and idealistic to a fault, imagining that Romulans would have embraced the values of the Federation and become part of one big happy family (which isn't true even within the Federation itself, going back at least as far as the TOS era, as evidenced by such episodes as "The Way to Eden").

And, for what it's worth, the Orions control the Klingon Empire now. If Di'on Charvon's vulcanoid pheromones had been as powerful as those of an Orion woman, the outcome of "The Enterprise Incident" would likely have been much different than it was. As it was, Spock did fall in love with her (as shown by their private conversation in the turbolift aboard the Enterprise), and that may have had more to do with his re-founding of the Reunification movement than anything else.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I joined the fed for several reasons.

-The Klingons smells. Which is even worse for female Vulcan (T'pol in Enterprise), so that's might be true for Romulan to.
    -Klingons and Romulan share a common hatred for some time now. As a Romulan would say "Notice the primitive rage in his eye, the uncontrolled brutality... Klingons can be quite entertaining, can't they? Every Romulan zoo should have a pair!"
    -Romulan think the Klingons are stupid bully. And they doesn't suit the sneaky approach the Romulan have anyway.
    -The current Chancellor is not worthy of any respect.
    -When Romulus was destroyed, and just before that, the only ones trying to help the Romulan were first Spock (even if he was too late), and then the Fed. The Klingon attacked the Romulan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    It is a mistake to paint all Klingons with the same brush. Even Worf, whose parents were killed by Romulans, eventually came to recognize that not all Romulans are dishonorable curs (and that attack on Khitomer, in non-canonical literature, was ordered by an insane Praetor). In addition, Romulans have been allied with Klingons more than once.

True. But lately, the klingons atked romulan space, killing romulans. That wasnt very long ago and if the FE cinematic means anything, the klingons could careless about us romulans....

Having said this, it is also a mistake to paint all Vulcans with the same brush. T'nae, however, was a very poor choice for the Feds to send to the Khitomer Conference of 2409; the woman was obviously biased against Romulans, and her attitude was one of arrogant self-assurance as well as overweening arrogance. In the end, the only reason she agreed to support the Republic was to prevent the Klingons from gaining any advantage.

Once again you an i agree.... I love to rub her logical face face in it....just for kicks...

The other Federation representative to the conference was naive and idealistic to a fault, imagining that Romulans would have embraced the values of the Federation and become part of one big happy family (which isn't true even within the Federation itself, going back at least as far as the TOS era, as evidenced by such episodes as "The Way to Eden").

agreed

And, for what it's worth, the Orions control the Klingon Empire now. If Di'on Charvon's vulcanoid pheromones had been as powerful as those of an Orion woman, the outcome of "The Enterprise Incident" would likely have been much different than it was. As it was, Spock did fall in love with her (as shown by their private conversation in the turbolift aboard the Enterprise), and that may have had more to do with his re-founding of the Reunification movement than anything else.

I am not as well briefed it would seem. i dont think i would say the orians are in control of the klingons....or did i miss something.....

see the red....
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I chose Federation for lore reasons at the very least Romulans were Vulcans at one time. Klingons on the other hand generally despise Romulans and I doubt they have much respect for any of their allies Romulan or other wise. Sure the Federation is probably using the Romulans to get what they want by pretending to be their friends but that can work both ways. After all manipulation is a Romulans best friend.:D
    Klingons on the other hand are savage barbaric hot heads that no one can trust. One your momma is a P’tach joke and the whole Klingon armada would be breathing down your neck with disruptors charged.:rolleyes:

That said I do regret choosing federation because the Klingon side offers better Romulan faction uniforms and their pvpers generally know how to pvp unlike Federation nincompoops...
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
    edited March 2014
    see the red....

With regard to your first point, I believe bltrrn has answered that rather well in this post.

As for the Orions being in control of the Klingon Empire, see the Path to 2409, under the year 2394, and especially the supplementary material ("Archival Log") following the "Long" discussion; Melani D'ian sent 1500 Orion women to "serve" the Great Houses of the Klingon Empire. The supplementary material for this year in the Path to 2409 consists of a letter from Melani D'ian to her sister, in which she says (among other things), concerning her niece (Irina, one of the women sent to "serve" the Great Houses and daughter of the sister to whom she is writing):
    "I have every confidence in her ability, and those of the other girls we’re sending."

The ENT episode "Bound" explains what this means very plainly.

Fifteen years of exposure to the pheromones of Orion women ought to be more than sufficient for the Klingon Great Houses to have been brought under the control of the Syndicate.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    With regard to your first point, I believe bltrrn has answered that rather well in this post.

As for the Orions being in control of the Klingon Empire, see the Path to 2409, under the year 2394, and especially the supplementary material ("Archival Log") following the "Long" discussion; Melani D'ian sent 1500 Orion women to "serve" the Great Houses of the Klingon Empire. The supplementary material for this year in the Path to 2409 consists of a letter from Melani D'ian to her sister, in which she says (among other things), concerning her niece (Irina, one of the women sent to "serve" the Great Houses and daughter of the sister to whom she is writing):
    "I have every confidence in her ability, and those of the other girls we’re sending."

The ENT episode "Bound" explains what this means very plainly.

Fifteen years of exposure to the pheromones of Orion women ought to be more than sufficient for the Klingon Great Houses to have been brought under the control of the Syndicate.

This is still based on several premises:
    1.) That Orion phermomones actually work on Klingons, which we don't even know.
    2.) In that case it would also have to not affect Klingon females, otherwise they'd have the same headache problems as human females. And I'm sure a Klingon female with a headache is destructive beyond comprehension.
    It would also given them a massive clue what's going on.
    3.) Klingons are complete morons who have been unable to deduce what's going on for 250+ years. They have known the Orions at least as long as humans have, maybe even longer.

*EDIT, forgot one:
    4.) Starfleet never told their long-term allies how dangerous Orions are. Sure they shared torpedo guidance system, sensors tech and warpcore overdrives. But knowledge about the biohazards members of a criminal syndicate pose? Nope, let them figure that one out for themselves. ;) *
    edited March 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    This is still based on several premises:
    1.) That Orion phermomones actually work on Klingons, which we don't even know.
    2.) In that case it would also have to not affect Klingon females, otherwise they'd have the same headache problems as human females. And I'm sure a Klingon female with a headache is destructive beyond comprehension.
    It would also given them a massive clue what's going on.
    3.) Klingons are complete morons who have been unable to deduce what's going on for 250+ years. They have known the Orions at least as long as humans have, maybe even longer.

1. Melani D'ian certainly seems to have believed that Orion female pheromones work on Klingons. The letter to her sister supplies evidence in favor of that belief:

"As I had instructed, she successfully caught the eye of their chief negotiator. He was practically drooling as she danced close to him. The look on his face when she reached out to stroke his beard was priceless ..."

2. So you are assuming that Klingon females would develop headaches like Human females?

3. And yet, sometime between ENT and TOS, the knowledge of the effectiveness of Orion female pheromones was apparently somehow forgotten by the Humans ...
    *EDIT, forgot one:
    4.) Starfleet never told their long-term allies how dangerous Orions are. Sure they shared torpedo guidance system, sensors tech and warpcore overdrives. But knowledge about the biohazards members of a criminal syndicate pose? Nope, let them figure that one out for themselves. ;) *

Edit: 4. See 3.
  • neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I really wish that there had been a "Independent Option" rather than having to choose between two ridiculous options. My character chose Fed, doffs were cheaper, I try to avoid Fed zones as much as possible. I have a fair number of KDF romulans for the simple fact that they are fantastic for Doff and Dil grinding for which they do nothing else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. Melani D'ian certainly seems to have believed that Orion female pheromones work on Klingons. The letter to her sister supplies evidence in favor of that belief:

"As I had instructed, she successfully caught the eye of their chief negotiator. He was practically drooling as she danced close to him. The look on his face when she reached out to stroke his beard was priceless ..."

2. So you are assuming that Klingon females would develop headaches like Human females?

3. And yet, sometime between ENT and TOS, the knowledge of the effectiveness of Orion female pheromones was apparently somehow forgotten by the Humans ...

Edit: 4. See 3.

1.) So she's assuming. Thus you're assuming what she's assuming. And because you're assuming what she's assuming it's fact because...?
    Sorry but Klingons are not exactly known for their subtlety or being prude about sex, with or without phermones as this scene shows:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyE0x6-2jNc
    and that's how they react to one they DONT' fint attractive.

And as we know from the reaction of male Trek fans Orion girls affect them through a TV screen without even having a physical presence.;)

2.) Klingons and humans are genetically close enough to reproduce. So if you assume it affects the males I can just as much assume it affects the females because of the same genetic smilarities that make you assume it works on Klingon males.
    Anything else would be too convenient and smell like handwaving a plothole as well.
    T'pol was immune due to her Vulcan physiology, not because she was female.
    So appearantly it's binary: either it works on both genders or none.

3.) That's mostly because it's "Enterprise"+retcon, like the Borg, the Ferengi, holodecks, replicators or cloaks nobody in the 23rd century knows anything about either.
    That still leaves the assumption the Klingons are dumber than this guy:
    https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/641x500q90/196/3b8.png
    and that's scary to me.
    edited March 2014
    1.) So she's assuming. Thus you're assuming what she's assuming. And because you're assuming what she's assuming it's fact because...?
    Sorry but Klingons are not exactly known for their subtlety or being prude about sex, with or without phermones as this scene shows:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyE0x6-2jNc
    and that's how they react to one they DONT' fint attractive.

And as we know from the reaction of male Trek fans Orion girls affect them through a TV screen without even having a physical presence.;)

2.) Klingons and humans are genetically close enough to reproduce. So if you assume it affects the males I can just as much assume it affects the females because of the same genetic smilarities that make you assume it works on Klingon males.
    Anything else would be too convenient and smell like handwaving a plothole as well.
    T'pol was immune due to her Vulcan physiology, not because she was female.
    So appearantly it's binary: either it works on both genders or none.

3.) That's mostly because it's "Enterprise"+retcon, like the Borg, the Ferengi, holodecks, replicators or cloaks nobody in the 23rd century knows anything about either.
    That still leaves the assumption the Klingons are dumber than this guy:
    https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/641x500q90/196/3b8.png
    and that's scary to me.

1. Her letter recounts her observation, not an assumption.

2. Vulcans and Humans are genetically close enough to reproduce as well. Neither male nor female Vulcans are susceptible to Orion female pheromones, as you know. Whether that's something in Vulcans' genetic makeup (which would strongly suggest that Romulans would likewise be immune) or the result of their practice of Cthia is an open question. There are certainly other conditions which affect Humans which do not affect Vulcans, and vice-versa. I would have to review everything in canon to remind myself if there is a similar situation with Humans and Klingons, but it wouldn't surprise me.

3. Yes, strangely, the last series to be made predates the first series to be made, and here again are continuity issues to which I have referred elsewhere. But I don't think it has anything to do with an assumption of Klingons being dumb, and quite a lot to do with males being ... well, males. Still, I've often wondered what effects Orion female pheromones would have on Human females who are attracted to other females (sexual orientation is partially physical, after all).
    edited March 2014
    My god. I had NO idea....

You see, i didnt watch much of ENT. when it started out rewriting history i wrote it off. To me, it just wasnt that good. Granted not because of the acting, but because of the writting behind the show.

On the Orian woman thing......If it is one thing i had learned in life it is that a wooman will use and abuse a guy if he lets her....shame the stupid klingons didnt learn that. Serves them right i suppose.

So, what is the plan? Take over annnddd......then what? They HAVE to know what once Worf finds out he going to drop a Mogh armada on their doorstep....

Also, i loved the riker+klingons episode cited above.....i think i will go make my first Klingon toon.....One who doesnt care much for Orains......
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. Her letter recounts her observation, not an assumption.

2. Vulcans and Humans are genetically close enough to reproduce as well. Neither male nor female Vulcans are susceptible to Orion female pheromones, as you know. Whether that's something in Vulcans' genetic makeup (which would strongly suggest that Romulans would likewise be immune) or the result of their practice of Cthia is an open question. There are certainly other conditions which affect Humans which do not affect Vulcans, and vice-versa. I would have to review everything in canon to remind myself if there is a similar situation with Humans and Klingons, but it wouldn't surprise me.
    If only there was a list of races genetically compatible with humans... oh wait... There is. :P

But yeah... we can't assume anything about how the pheromones would affect races that we haven't seen them used on.... especially Cardassians.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited March 2014
    If only there was a list of races genetically compatible with humans... oh wait... There is. :P

In saying "I would have to review everything in canon to remind myself if there is a similar situation with Humans and Klingons, but it wouldn't surprise me," I was referring to: "There are certainly other conditions which affect Humans which do not affect Vulcans, and vice-versa."

The most obvious is Ponu Faru (or Pon Farr, or Ponn Farr, depending on which transliteration you prefer; personally, I would go with Pon Farr, except for having had that little "Vulcan Language Guide" from April Publications for so long, which gives it as "ponu faru," so I usually spit out something like "Ponu-Farr" if I don't actually look at the "Vulcan Language Guide" to check the spelling), which affects Vulcans and not Humans, but -- if not for Star Trek III -- that could be argued to be a result of Vulcan practice of Cthia (as suggested by Spock's own explanation in "Amok Time"), and not a biological imperative (if it be a biological imperative, then we have the question of whether it developed among Vulcans in the past 2 millennia or so, or if it be considerably older, which latter would mean that Romulans might share the condition). Now, as noted, Star Trek III certainly demonstrates that it's biological, but there's another of those continuity issues to which I have alluded at various times; namely, Spock's explanation in "Amok Time" suggests very strongly that Pon Farr is psychological and not biological. I would find the idea that Romulans share this condition rather hard to swallow, due to their well-known reputation for being "passionate."

There's also the trellium-D matter. Trellium-D is a neurotoxin to Vulcans, but not to Humans, nor to Denobulans (I don't recall offhand if there were any other species aboard the Enterprise NX-01 besides Humans and the one Vulcan and the one Denobulan; but only T'Pol was affected, at any rate).

Memory Alpha does a fair job of summarizing the similarities and differences in Vulcan and Romulan physiology.

Having had some time to think about it after the previous post, I thought I remembered Worf having redundancy in his internal organs, making it very difficult to kill a Klingon by means of conventional weapons (i.e., not energy weapons and the like). I confirmed my memory on this by consulting Memory Alpha:
    Internally, Klingon anatomy was markedly different from that of Humans. There was a great deal more multiple redundancy in their organs, a principle they called brak'lul. This allowed Klingons to survive severe injuries in battle. They had twenty-three ribs, two livers, an eight-chambered heart, three lungs, and even redundant neural function as well as multiple stomachs. Some geneticists believed that the extra organs, notably the third lung, evolved to give Klingons greater stamina on the battlefield.

The very next sentence is rather interesting as well, in connection with questions of what Klingons know about their bodies (I'll give the next two sentences, because I almost posted something very similar in a previous post):
    Klingons had relatively little knowledge of their own biology and their medicine was very poorly developed. This was largely due to their warrior traditions – a Klingon who was wounded was expected to be left to either survive through his own strength, die, or undergo the hegh'bat, a form of ritual suicide.

There are also known differences in longevity. The Klingon average lifespan is 150 years. For Romulans, it's 250 years (this is probably from some novel and may not be found in canon, but I don't recall). For Vulcans, it is at least 200 years. In the 24th century, it's 120 years for Humans.
    But yeah... we can't assume anything about how the pheromones would affect races that we haven't seen them used on.... especially Cardassians.

Too bad we don't have a copy of this, isn't it? I will say that my Orion finds Cardassians only slightly less repulsive than Letheans, Nausicaans, and Vidiians. I'm fairly sure she would mate with a Ferengi before she would do so with a Cardassian. But of course, that's my real-word ethical sense (I cannot condone Cardassian behavior in the majority of cases, although there are a few exceptions) intruding into the role of my Orion, so I can't be certain of how she would view these species. I am certain that she's fairly ... uh ... "friendly" with most species, and doesn't discriminate on the basis of gender. She won't even flirt with a Gorn, however, but that's due to a certain Foundry mission she did in which some Gorn were using Orions for food.
  • moosoomanmoosooman Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would have chosen Tal'shiar than either of them a bit disappointed we were automatically against them from the beginning, oh well I chose Klingon but I refuse to wear any uniform until the reunification of romulan peoples happens.

Salve

Aneus Flavius Claudius
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rtb321rtb321 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Klingon's redundant organs don't really make them hard to injure. As they regularly die to stabbings .

Fighting better under optimal conditions? sure, but extra organs don't necessarily men redundancy .
    edited March 2014
    rtb321 wrote: »
    Klingon's redundant organs don't really make them hard to injure. As they regularly die to stabbings .

Fighting better under optimal conditions? sure, but extra organs don't necessarily men redundancy .

re·dun·dant
    adjective \ri-ˈdən-dənt\

: repeating something else and therefore unnecessary

—used to describe part of a machine, system, etc., that has the same function as another part and that exists so that the entire machine, system, etc., will not fail if the main part fails
    edited March 2014
    re·dun·dant
    adjective \ri-ˈdən-dənt\

: repeating something else and therefore unnecessary

—used to describe part of a machine, system, etc., that has the same function as another part and that exists so that the entire machine, system, etc., will not fail if the main part fails

Dude, infection, bleeding, shock, your appendix is "redundant" it can still kill you, if it gets infected or if you struck with a sharp object or blunt object. Also if it wasn't used your body does not waste calories on it.

Your left lung is not redundant, even though you have 2 you need both to function a peak levels, and losing a long outside of surgery often lead to death.
  • remianenremianen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I chose Fed because my Romulan was backstoried to be a proteg
  • ghostsights28ghostsights28 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I chose Federation to have access to Federation ships that would meet my needs and desires through the leveling process. Don't get me wrong I love the cloaking devices and such, but, it is what it is. I plan on trying the turn over to Klingons at some point and see how it works out.
    A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.

George S. Patton
  • captain185captain185 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I chose Fed for both my Rom toons because of the consoles you get for them. Specifically, the Point Defense Turret. That console is WICKED!!! Love it!:)
    So, I just push the buttons and things blow up? Fascinating...
    edited March 2014
    Dude, infection, bleeding, shock, your appendix is "redundant" it can still kill you, if it gets infected or if you struck with a sharp object or blunt object. Also if it wasn't used your body does not waste calories on it.

Your left lung is not redundant, even though you have 2 you need both to function a peak levels, and losing a long outside of surgery often lead to death.

Humans are not Klingons. Multiple rediundancy in the organs of Klingons is established in canon. Go tell Beverly Crusher that she's wrong about this.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My two bars of GPL? OP, you're over thinking this a little too much and a little too publicly. The only question you need to ask yourself is this:

Which alliance would make my Rommie be more fun to play?

Play the game the way you want to. Decide for yourself. Listen to what others say, sure. But if you allow other people's advice to take your toon in a direction you're not comfortable with, then you'll not have as much fun with this toon as you want to.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • flesson616flesson616 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    grejvx wrote: »
    My first Romulan went KDF (that Fed Ambassador guy was annoying).
    After that I realized whole new world (I was offline since right before Season 6), I've got myself Ferasan and made another Reman character for KDF.

Besides that Ambassador, other reason why I joined KDF (before I realized easy Dil and Contraband farming) was their "romantic" history, although there was always betrayal, usually by Romulan side, somehow they belong together.

only played fed, I hear contraband farming alot, what are the different ways u can do it better than feds please
    edited March 2014
    Marauding missions the KDF equivalent of "Diplomacy" gets prisoner and contraband, Like Federation military raids on criminals in cardassian space. Also turning prisoners in to labor nets you more dilithium than the Federation prisoner hand in.

You can also sell prisoners and colonists into slavery for GPL. As for Dilithium farming, Defense against the federation, Romulan's(Tal'shiar), and True Way, nets about 1440 Dil a mission.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Now, as noted, Star Trek III certainly demonstrates that it's biological, but there's another of those continuity issues to which I have alluded at various times; namely, Spock's explanation in "Amok Time" suggests very strongly that Pon Farr is psychological and not biological. I would find the idea that Romulans share this condition rather hard to swallow, due to their well-known reputation for being "passionate."
    Actually the idea that it's at least partially psychological makes sense to me. Why? Well.... one of the main differences between Romulans and Vulcans is that Romulans don't try to suppress their emotions the way Vulcans do. Thus it kinda makes sense for their to be.. side effects.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • serenitysalanderserenitysalander Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have 2 Romulans 1 Fed aligned and 1 KDF aligned. Mostly because I wanted a variety in Bridge Officers, as much as I want a pure Romulan crew there is something nice about different species contributing different traits and skills to the mission.

(side note: I think Romulans could make a Klingon blush in bed eyooo.)
    tumblr_inline_nqn574h3sb1qhuwtq_540.jpg
    Name: Meaghan

Fleets: Tal'Diann, Imperial Romulan Fleet, Axanar Marines, LGBT of Starfleet, House of Ta'al

Characters: Dhivael i'Ratleihfi t'Kamemor (Rom-KDF), Empress Sela(Rom-Fed), V'alkris Morath(Fed), Kara Thrace(Fed), Jaeih Piccolo(Rom-Fed), Ellaria(KDF), Zylim Dukat(Fed)
  • flesson616flesson616 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Marauding missions the KDF equivalent of "Diplomacy" gets prisoner and contraband, Like Federation military raids on criminals in cardassian space. Also turning prisoners in to labor nets you more dilithium than the Federation prisoner hand in.

You can also sell prisoners and colonists into slavery for GPL. As for Dilithium farming, Defense against the federation, Romulan's(Tal'shiar), and True Way, nets about 1440 Dil a mission.

the defense missions, are those daily's that open up at a later stage like the ones in defari for fed?