What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    When was the last one of these unexpected shutdowns? A couple months ago? That isn't a bad record for a F2P MMO.

Couple months? I would say 2 perhaps 3 patches ago, there was an immediate emergency downtime to address a problem in the patch and the day after it was patched again. Since (to me) this was in itself not news to me, I did not note the date or situation but 2-3 months seems too long of a stretch.
  • Options
    varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    gholendhor wrote: »
    Any news from cryptic yet?you would think they would give regular updates about the outage.Like we are aware of the problem and have a team investigating.estimate time for repair so and so minutes.

They have already done so. The only thing they don't know yet is an ETA.
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Are they going to extend the Mirror Invasion rewards to make up for lost time?
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm DLing the last Tribble patch. is Trib down too?
  • Options
    corgwyncorgwyn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I read page 1 on this issue and seeing 67 pages of thread in 4 hours since page 1 initial report, I think we can assume it's not an isolated incident, plus several posts have mentioned this affects more than just STO, so it's time to occupy ourselves elsewhere until our server elves fix it.
  • Options
    enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    p3jx1075 wrote: »
    If there have been any updates on facebook/twitter/reddit/vine about this could someone be so kind as to share with the rest of us on the forums plz.

They haven't posted anything. Also folks, the first post will be updated as soon as their is any ETA
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Cryptic, you better not have misappropriated my invested thousands and forgot to pay your internet bill this month. I will be furious!!!!

Now.. fix PvP and give a fleet version of the harpengh torpedo!

NOW!!!!!!

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do we have any idea of an eta on this yet?
    Its 21:41 here and my gaming day is almost over.
    Is it worth me hanging about watching trollwars? or shall i just take my whiskey and go watch t.v?
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    scrappymcflyscrappymcfly Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Tracing route to 208.95.186.32 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
    2 24 ms 11 ms 18 ms 69.243.232.1
    3 8 ms 10 ms 9 ms te-8-2-ur01.hillcrestprk.al.mobile.comcast.net [68.87.161.193]
    4 10 ms 8 ms 8 ms te-8-4-ur01.mobile.al.mobile.comcast.net [68.85.202.13]
    5 8 ms 10 ms 11 ms te-3-4-ar01.l3-mobile.al.northglf.comcast.net [68.85.202.45]
    6 25 ms 27 ms 27 ms te-0-1-0-7-cr01.dallas.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.91.61]
    7 26 ms 26 ms 27 ms pos-0-2-0-0-pe01.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.86.150]
    8 43 ms 43 ms 44 ms as174-pe01.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [75.149.230.150]
    9 42 ms 42 ms 43 ms be2031.ccr21.dfw01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.7.45]
    10 43 ms 43 ms 44 ms be2064.mpd21.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.5.217]
    11 43 ms 42 ms 42 ms be2156.ccr21.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.86]
    12 66 ms 67 ms 68 ms be2138.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43.202]
    13 66 ms 66 ms 66 ms te4-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.42]
    14 62 ms 56 ms 68 ms 38.111.40.114
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 * * * Request timed out.
    17 * * * Request timed out.
    18 * * * Request timed out.
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 * * * Request timed out.
    22 * * * Request timed out.
    23 * * * Request timed out.
    24 * * * Request timed out.
    25 * * * Request timed out.
    26 * * * Request timed out.
    27 * * * Request timed out.
    28 * * * Request timed out.
    29 * * * Request timed out.
    30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.
  • Options
    thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    on a similar note but not quite on topic I'm now patching 2.2 gb on Tribble server :)
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,950 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    crazy1man wrote: »
    Hey.

Do any one know, why the server is Down ??

Iconians due to reasons.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Any news from cryptic yet?you would think they would give regular updates about the outage.Like we are aware of the problem and have a team investigating.estimate time for repair so and so minutes.

They are aware of the problem. However only a fool would give an estimate of when it will be fixed. Any even daring to do so would be taking a risk. Given how things can down hill fast when the regular downtime goes on a tad too long.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    STO, Champions and Neverwinter are all down :(
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    on a similar note but not quite on topic I'm now patching 2.2 gb on Tribble server :)

<<< found the cause of the problem :eek:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I'm DLing the last Tribble patch. is Trib down too?

Few in this thread say tribble is up past the patcher, holo is not. Try it if you can, I have no room for it on my main drive currently.
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lookie at that green dot!

HAHAHA made you all look!

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    darkfirewithindarkfirewithin Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Guys, seriously, whinging about the game being down is not going to bring it back up any faster.

Also, people have been saying that there have been no updates. First, check post #1 (the mods updated that earlier). Second, if they kept posting updates nothing would get done.

Thirdly, abusing other members for trying to help the mods keep things on topic is not a reason or justification to attack them (in the example of wildboar). Wildboar is doing their best at keeping things on topic. Attacking them, or anyone else regardless of their status, is not going to help the situation.

I understand some people only have a limited amount of time to play, but this situation is beyond our control. Let the tech guys fix it so we can get back to disintegrating Voth. It will be up when it's up.
  • Options
    questdrifterquestdrifter Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014

You expect miracles.lol Maybe if were lucky a community manager who has no idea what is going on will come in and say "Sorry the servers are still down no clue on anything else" and we will all go "GAHHH!!" and they will feel some what sorry for us.lol
  • Options
    starlancedstarlanced Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    An official post in the News section would be nice to acknowledge the problem.
  • Options
    mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Take the meat off (should be done right about now)

Gordon Ramsay looks at it, pokes at it, picks it up, turns around, slams it against the table hard enough for a bit to fly off and hit JP in the face, then screams "It's RAW!". ;)
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mectesh wrote: »
    Gordon Ramsay looks at it, pokes at it, picks it up, turns around, slams it against the table hard enough for a bit to fly off and hit JP in the face, then screams "It's RAW!". ;)

"If this was any more raw, a skilled vet could save it"
  • Options
    enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray

Askray, I didn't violate any rules. I pointed out to a spammer that he should stop it. So why are you erasing my posts instead of his? And any ETA when this game will be back online?
  • Options
    lonnie99362lonnie99362 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Guys, seriously, whinging about the game being down is not going to bring it back up any faster.

Also, people have been saying that there have been no updates. First, check post #1 (the mods updated that earlier). Second, if they kept posting updates nothing would get done.

Thirdly, abusing other members for trying to help the mods keep things on topic is not a reason or justification to attack them (in the example of wildboar). Wildboar is doing their best at keeping things on topic. Attacking them, or anyone else regardless of their status, is not going to help the situation.

I understand some people only have a limited amount of time to play, but this situation is beyond our control. Let the tech guys fix it so we can get back to disintegrating Voth. It will be up when it's up.

You sir are off-Topic
    Resistance is NOT Futile
  • Options
    name10000name10000 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Just had his voice in my head " Its RAW"
    :D
  • Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If there's one good thing about pay-to-win microtransaction MMOs, it's that the tech team reacts faster to server outage.

In the good ole days of monthly subs and no throwing money out the window to purchase the latest vanity pet, a server outage wouldn't hurt the publisher directly and reputational damage required several significant downtimes in a row.

With STO, every minute is a minute where 100 players aren't buying a lockbox key, or a pack of three starships. It's actually a relief for some players :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Askray, I didn't violate any rules. I pointed out to a spammer that he should stop it. So why are you erasing my posts instead of his? And any ETA when this game will be back online?

Originally Posted by askray View Post
    Okay folks, stop with the off topic discussions and "moderating" what is or isn't allowed. That's what we are here for. If you have an issue with a post, then send any purple name or Smirk or the laughing one (hehe ) a pm and we'll look into it.

Now back on topic of random star trek thingies.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    REDACTED

best to send him a pm.

discussing moderation publically is a breach.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Never expirienced taking off raw meat... But it's not a replicator you know... Or Enterprises Chef.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    name10000name10000 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014

At least someone is doing something. Even if it is wrong.
This discussion has been closed.