What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    synnbadsynnbad Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For anyone who has made posts regarding the server issues, we have merged your threads into this singular thread. They, as well as your posts, still exist in this central thread. This means that you can have all your updates in one location. :)

As I type, we are investigating the issue and trying to find solutions. Smirk and I will make sure to send you updates as we receive them.

Again, I am sorry for the current situation. I want to be back on too :P

lol ... LMAO... may go faster if ya put DATA on the job lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zerkon1zerkon1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is there no info what's going on? this is the first time i have ever been kicked from the game and now i can't log back in. The cryptic updater keeps timing out.
  • Options
    pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sorry. No one can reply because they are too busy fixing Neverwinter and don't even know that they have already started TRIBBLE up our weekend.
  • Options
    matth431matth431 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Like it or not, we aren't super beings :P

Indeed. The universe is not so badly designed.
  • Options
    wdocwdoc Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Try using a VPN. Verizon users on the east coast know this trick by heart now.
    Doc of Hammer
  • Options
    varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wdoc wrote: »
    Try using a VPN. Verizon users on the east coast know this trick by heart now.

Ugh, Verizon. Don't remind me. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    trevellion696trevellion696 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am in England the time is 20.07 and my game has just crashed whilst I was doing a Foundry Mission, tried everything but cant connect to the server at all!! get your fingers out Arc this needs sorting NOW!!
  • Options
    zanirorilyzanirorily Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It seems there are still login problems at cryptic side. I cannot start the launcher and just very seldom get the chance to connect - to be disconnected after a short time.

Any idea whats going on?
  • Options
    sebastiaanb007sebastiaanb007 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dont you dare Move this topic aswell , Servers are down ..............
    Picard: "The economics of the future is somewhat different. You see, money doesn't exist in the 24th century... The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in our lives. We work to better ourselves and the rest of Humanity.
    TELL THAT TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    angryjonny55angryjonny55 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Game started lagging really bad while running Mirror Invasion, about 45 mins ago. Then chat went down. Then the SNR's started happening. Got disconnected. Now launcher won't load and I get this error message - 'Unable to establish connection to Patch Server'. So now, I'm just chilling here with my Star Trek coffee mug, sipping coffee. Can't wait to get back in-game.
  • Options
    robinphoenixxrobinphoenixx Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Meh, I wanted to play STO. Guess I will go "pet my tribble" instead.
  • Options
    plb1982plb1982 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Man... and I thought the latest stupid "do this 15 times in 20 days" grind was bad... I guess it looked like too many folks would hit the number and so they decided to shorten it by giving the servers a day off.
  • Options
    artemida82artemida82 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Reports from the Czech Republic (for those who do not know , the heart of Europe) : This morning, local time I played without any problems. The time now is 21:04 PM. Server status light is red . After logging in, trying to connect to the server. Unfortunately , time always runs out . Login is therefore unsuccessful. I do not know what Cryptic did with the server , but in any case it Cryptic did wrong . If at Cryptic think that we all have hallucinations , and that the server is working , they should Cryptic workers cleaned glasses and look at the actual situation. This is a very bad comedy I personally have really tired . Sincerely , " Tara Hunter " R.R.W. Lucrezia Borgia.
    :confused::(
    tumblr_inline_oomvjpBt8H1qjixz5_500.gif

Writer and Author: victoriakanakaredes.webnode.cz

"On the world is only one good, and it's knowledge. And is only one evil, and that is ignorance."
    (Socrates)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    plb1982 wrote: »
    Man... and I thought the latest stupid "do this 15 times in 20 days" grind was bad... I guess it looked like too many folks would hit the number and so they decided to shorten it by giving the servers a day off.
    14 times in 21 days
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    klaazklaaz Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can't even get the launcher open. Must...play...STAR TREK!!!!!!
  • Options
    shenadrenshenadren Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    and disconnected again right before i finished the mission. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Mods actually only have the same tools every other players do to diagnose issues. We have no backend access so yes, when we can see the game works for us and we can only go as far as saying "do this to try and fix it" that's all we can do.

That's outrageous! I demand super mods for my game! :mad:
  • Options
    gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "Unable to establish connection to Patch server." Ah well, time to go play something else...:(
  • Options
    zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited March 2014
    Could get back in. Two minutes later SNR with disconnect.
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was just able to get back in-game.

Chat was down and I was able to use the exchange and move around a bit but was kicked again after about 5 mins.

Baby steps guys Baby steps ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    riebezagelriebezagel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That's why there was no patch yesterday, the game is perfectly running! :D
  • Options
    abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Mods actually only have the same tools every other players do to diagnose issues. We have no backend access so yes, when we can see the game works for us and we can only go as far as saying "do this to try and fix it" that's all we can do.

Askray, are you still logged in, or did you finally get disconnected?
  • Options
    wdocwdoc Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was in game for about 5 mins using VPN. qd for mirror, got snr then dropped. Login time out now.
    Doc of Hammer
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    keep getting in, keep getting booted.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    rbeventhorizonrbeventhorizon Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can't even connect to the launcher. I open up STO from Steam and it says "connecting to patch server, trying 1 time... 2 times... 3 times," etc until it gives up and tells me it can't connect
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Also, for everyone who is posting detailed information regarding issues you were having regarding the servers, thank you. I'm doing my best to keep everyone aware of the situation and this data helps us. I can use constructive information regarding any instabilities to potentially help the situation. :)
  • Options
    vallden1vallden1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If only there was a message board topic that could tell us what is going on. They could call is somthing like this:

Galactic News Network
    - This section is for the discussion of announcements, news and events related
  • Options
    rhouggarhougga Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    logan375 wrote: »
    Same here, rebooted, now the updater won't load. Opens a small window "Trying to update the launcher please be patient" "Tried connecting 'X' times" Then I get an unable to connect message.

I'm having this issue for any Cryptic run game.
  • Options
    mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Disconnected again, waiting for response from login server again.

"Damage control is easy. Reading Klingon - that's hard." --Scotty
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
This discussion has been closed.