What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    warpcore#6887 warpcore Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Still at least ARC is up... /removes tongue firmly from Cheek......

:D
    "One of the advantages of being a Captain is being able to ask for advice without necessarily having to take it."....... James T. Kirk
  • Options
    rassassinrrassassinr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    did cryptic actualy pay the electricity or internet bill ? ... maybe that explain why they didn't answer ...
  • Options
    killacaseykillacasey Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Same here. Why Cryptic? WHYYY!!!! :mad:
    Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot protect themselves.
  • Options
    rsdudeyrsdudey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    then they should rename there company to Not Perfect World :P
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,403 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kingwrynn wrote: »
    Problem is a mod said we were imagining things.
    Then be snotty about that mod. He's not a dev; he doesn't work for Cryptic, and likely has no better idea of exactly where they are or what their HQ looks like than you or I.

But after scanning through about ten pages, I saw way too many complaining about how this must all be because the maintenance yesterday was screwed up, even though there was no maintenance yesterday, just a server restart. Don't even check to see if this might be a company-wide issue, no - just badmouth the devs without any real evidence. :rolleyes:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    sarax23sarax23 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    same here cant log in now
  • Options
    synnbadsynnbad Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i'm going to blame arc on this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    aphantasm wrote: »
    Its not Cryptic this time. It's PWE. Every single game that PWE has is down. I just tried logging into another of the PWE's titles (Fortuna one of their browser games) it's down also. It's not just STO it's the entire PWE network.

Looks like one of the mods updated the thread title with "Team Investigating Outage", so at least they appear to be aware of it; until they nail down what's happening, that's probably the most update we'll get for a bit.

Edit: Just got back in, no credit for aborted Mirror run, but also no cool down "penalty"; just have to wait for a) stability and b) more players. ;)
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Could you guys please tell the Iconians to stop messing with the Quadrant database? I know they hate us, but this is getting petty.
    Why don't they go back to troll the Borg and steal their central plexus for the lulz?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am going to chime in here too. I got disconnected at just at the start of the second stage of the Mirror Incursion Event. Two team members from the queue got dropped halfway before that accompanied by heavy rubberbanding and server disconnecting warnings.

I cannot log back in from the client login screen. I get a login server timed out message.
  • Options
    gurugeorgegurugeorge Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh fercryinoutloud, I was just really enjoying the game, took a wee break from it, raring to get back in, and now it's screwed. Coitus interruptus!!! :)
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For anyone who has made posts regarding the server issues, we have merged your threads into this singular thread. They, as well as your posts, still exist in this central thread. This means that you can have all your updates in one location. :)

As I type, we are investigating the issue and trying to find solutions. Smirk and I will make sure to send you updates as we receive them.

Again, I am sorry for the current situation. I want to be back on too :P
  • Options
    austg76austg76 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    same here.. was in a mid mirror and disconnected....tried to get back in...no go
    What a World...Server Crash...Respawn....borg Invades ...Respawn...
  • Options
    djezc#0623 djezc Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    so if this is off for a long time do we get a extra mirror day :)
  • Options
    rainmotorsportsrainmotorsports Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    gurugeorge wrote: »
    Oh fercryinoutloud, I was just really enjoying the game, took a wee break from it, raring to get back in, and now it's screwed. Coitus interruptus!!! :)

If your having sex with the game...

Anyways got in again lol come one game 3 more to go.
  • Options
    varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For anyone who has made posts regarding the server issues, we have merged your threads into this singular thread. They, as well as your posts, still exist in this central thread. This means that you can have all your updates in one location. :)

As I type, we are investigating the issue and trying to find solutions. Smirk and I will make sure to send you updates as we receive them.

Send us bacon too.
  • Options
    aphantasmaphantasm Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rassassinr wrote: »
    did cryptic actualy pay the electricity or internet bill ? ... maybe that explain why they didn't answer ...

It's not Cryptic, it's PWE. ALL of their games are down. It's probably why that one moderator said their servers are up. Cryptic's servers might indeed be up. But since login goes through PWE and their server is down then ...
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    synnbad wrote: »
    i'm going to blame arc on this

I blame Cryptic for not buying the cleaner a wireless Dyson hoover - so she's stolen the server plug socket :P
  • Options
    gurugeorgegurugeorge Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Thanks for the update!
  • Options
    akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Reports are that this is affecting all PWE and Cryptic games. No need to be snotty about STO's devs, especially if you're not willing to even peek at any other forums.

I'll be as snotty as I can when there's a real issue and someone tries to play it down as the player base being stupid and pointing them to a generic troubleshooting guide.

I'll also be snotty when I'm enjoying myself in an online game and suddenly can't anymore because a company that specializes in online games cannot or will not obtain a proper backup server system and cannot or will not inform their player base that there is a technical problem.

So pardon me for being snotty but ye gods man, do not insult my intelligence and expect me to be nice about it.

You can bet I'll be snotty every time.:mad:
  • Options
    starlancedstarlanced Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    thraxysthraxys Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Still down. You'd think someone would have acknowledged the problem at least by now.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Then be snotty about that mod. He's not a dev; he doesn't work for Cryptic, and likely has no better idea of exactly where they are or what their HQ looks like than you or I.

But after scanning through about ten pages, I saw way too many complaining about how this must all be because the maintenance yesterday was screwed up, even though there was no maintenance yesterday, just a server restart. Don't even check to see if this might be a company-wide issue, no - just badmouth the devs without any real evidence. :rolleyes:

Mods actually only have the same tools every other players do to diagnose issues. We have no backend access so yes, when we can see the game works for us and we can only go as far as saying "do this to try and fix it" that's all we can do.

Like it or not, we aren't super beings :P
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    varekraith wrote: »
    Send us bacon too.

Bacon can serve as a multi-purpose solution. We all know this. :P
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Admit it. Smirk packed the servers so he can play sto on the beach.
  • Options
    tvmadoctvmadoc Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Since this early morning GMT i cant login at all , the launcher loading sooo slow , and if load at all got an error that says there is a problem with the login server. So , can someone from the support teram give us some light about that, please. The problem is global , beacuse got lot of friends on the voice chat that have the same problem and havent been able to log the whole day.

I also cannot connect to the patch server to update the launcher since today's patch.

Any status/suggestions?
  • Options
    thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Imagine yourself in a small box ... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    shenadrenshenadren Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    well....im back in. *crosses fingers*
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    varekraith wrote: »
    Send us bacon too.
    and caffeine...don't forget the caffeine
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    spacebreederspacebreeder Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    found the hamster or whats left after trying to eat one the fuses in the fuse board :(
This discussion has been closed.