What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Knowledgeable help urgently needed

13»

Comments

• craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tuxisius wrote: »
    I don't know because I only have the ARC install but I assume that the install you had earlier must have been open to all users and the new requires you to run admin to make changes.

Idk if that is ARC or Windows 7 fault but I do think if you..

Got to the top folder of the game "Perfect World Entertainment" in your version of C:\Program Files (x86) and allow all users to use it like you did with the screenshot folder it will behave just like it used to.... Hopefully:P

Too late, already started formatting lol.
    Besides, it wasnt just STO, it was the other programs as well. So, i decided to format it, fingers crossed, it will run as it should :)

Im a bit unsure of giving arc another go at this stage. Time will tell :)
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • tuxisiustuxisius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Where the other programs related to ARC in some way or were they just random?
    edited March 2014
    tuxisius wrote: »
    Where the other programs related to ARC in some way or were they just random?

different from Arc.
    some were windows programs, one other program was tga2jpg converter.

One thing i hate about formatting, is my internet is slowed to 1mb a sec lol. Dont know why that is, but once ive updated windows, my download picks up to around 18mb a sec. I find that strange lol
    Must be something to do with windows. I called my isp, and had line checks done when i first noticed it, when i put the ssd in. They said my lines are fine. Another mystery :)
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • tuxisiustuxisius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sounds like a driver issue, install the drivers to your motherboard/Ethernet card first I would guess..?
    edited March 2014
    thats what i thought. But, obviously its already done. Gotta install ethernet driver to get internet :) But, maybe it needs updating in the windows update. I tried googling it, but couldnt find anything on it.
    So, im putting it down to either updates needed, which im doing right now. Or there is a problem with my line, but for some reason, my isp cant detect it
    Seems strange tho that once windows is updated, net runs fine again. So, could be that lol
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    craig76 wrote: »
    thats what i thought. But, obviously its already done. Gotta install ethernet driver to get internet :) But, maybe it needs updating in the windows update. I tried googling it, but couldnt find anything on it.
    So, im putting it down to either updates needed, which im doing right now. Or there is a problem with my line, but for some reason, my isp cant detect it
    Seems strange tho that once windows is updated, net runs fine again. So, could be that lol
    Manufacturers create different kind of drivers;

A) Specific drivers; which utilize a specific piece of your hardware to the fullest.

B) Universal drivers; basic drivers which enable the basics.

When your Windows got installed, it was installed with your basic driver. When Windows Update was running, it detected the specific type of hardware and installed the driver specifically made that piece of hardware.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
    edited March 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    Manufacturers create different kind of drivers;

A) Specific drivers; which utilize a specific piece of your hardware to the fullest.

B) Universal drivers; basic drivers which enable the basics.

When your Windows got installed, it was installed with your basic driver. When Windows Update was running, it detected the specific type of hardware and installed the driver specifically made that piece of hardware.

ok, so its nothing to do with windows needing updating? Because i actually use the drivers that came with the motherboard for the ethernet.
    But. yeah, internet is like 1mb a sec until i do the windows updates. Which i have just finished doing, and net is running at 18mb/s now.
    Technology.....its fun and frustrating lol
    planet-space-sun.jpg