Options

Knowledgeable help urgently needed

13»

Comments

• Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    craig76 wrote: »
    Lol. I was wondering where you got the graphics issues from lol. Didnt click til after i posted, that maybe got your wires crossed. No harm done :)

Well, ive just turned off sto on my main rig. Im about to start formatting and installing everything again.

I could be wrong about Arc, like you said. I just find it damn strange that its happened to both my machines lol.
    As i also stated, i dont like messing with settings. When i do fresh formats and installs, i know that windows sets the rig up where it knows its optimal. Changing registry's, is not my cup of tea lol. Thats one thing i know nothing about on how to change without messing the machine up. I mean, for all i know, there files for Arc that would not say anything at all to identify it as Arc. If that makes sense :)
    Anyway. Off to formatting i go. See how we go..
    Having Scotty here would be a help..... maybe he could fix it without the format :D

OK well keep me posted. Again I suggest install from steam, then add arc later and if it breaks, congrats, you have found a bug.

true, not all registry settings are properly ID to their creator, but for legit programs (which arc is supposed to be) would do so for the most part.

A word to the wise -- windows does NOT set up ANYTHING to be optimal --- the reverse is true, if anything. It tries to give adequate (barely) performance with every possible useless "feature" enabled by default -- many of which produce incredible slowness.
  • Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    noroblad wrote: »
    OK well keep me posted. Again I suggest install from steam, then add arc later and if it breaks, congrats, you have found a bug.

true, not all registry settings are properly ID to their creator, but for legit programs (which arc is supposed to be) would do so for the most part.

A word to the wise -- windows does NOT set up ANYTHING to be optimal --- the reverse is true, if anything. It tries to give adequate (barely) performance with every possible useless "feature" enabled by default -- many of which produce incredible slowness.

Will do.
    I got the dvd retail version, so i'll be using that. I know i havent had issues with that version. So i should be safe :)
    Thanks for trying to help anyway guys, I do appreciate it :)
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    tuxisiustuxisius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't know because I only have the ARC install but I assume that the install you had earlier must have been open to all users and the new requires you to run admin to make changes.

Idk if that is ARC or Windows 7 fault but I do think if you..

Got to the top folder of the game "Perfect World Entertainment" in your version of C:\Program Files (x86) and allow all users to use it like you did with the screenshot folder it will behave just like it used to.... Hopefully:P
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    tuxisius wrote: »
    I don't know because I only have the ARC install but I assume that the install you had earlier must have been open to all users and the new requires you to run admin to make changes.

Idk if that is ARC or Windows 7 fault but I do think if you..

Got to the top folder of the game "Perfect World Entertainment" in your version of C:\Program Files (x86) and allow all users to use it like you did with the screenshot folder it will behave just like it used to.... Hopefully:P

Too late, already started formatting lol.
    Besides, it wasnt just STO, it was the other programs as well. So, i decided to format it, fingers crossed, it will run as it should :)

Im a bit unsure of giving arc another go at this stage. Time will tell :)
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Where the other programs related to ARC in some way or were they just random?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    tuxisius wrote: »
    Where the other programs related to ARC in some way or were they just random?

different from Arc.
    some were windows programs, one other program was tga2jpg converter.

One thing i hate about formatting, is my internet is slowed to 1mb a sec lol. Dont know why that is, but once ive updated windows, my download picks up to around 18mb a sec. I find that strange lol
    Must be something to do with windows. I called my isp, and had line checks done when i first noticed it, when i put the ssd in. They said my lines are fine. Another mystery :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Sounds like a driver issue, install the drivers to your motherboard/Ethernet card first I would guess..?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    thats what i thought. But, obviously its already done. Gotta install ethernet driver to get internet :) But, maybe it needs updating in the windows update. I tried googling it, but couldnt find anything on it.
    So, im putting it down to either updates needed, which im doing right now. Or there is a problem with my line, but for some reason, my isp cant detect it
    Seems strange tho that once windows is updated, net runs fine again. So, could be that lol
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    craig76 wrote: »
    thats what i thought. But, obviously its already done. Gotta install ethernet driver to get internet :) But, maybe it needs updating in the windows update. I tried googling it, but couldnt find anything on it.
    So, im putting it down to either updates needed, which im doing right now. Or there is a problem with my line, but for some reason, my isp cant detect it
    Seems strange tho that once windows is updated, net runs fine again. So, could be that lol
    Manufacturers create different kind of drivers;

A) Specific drivers; which utilize a specific piece of your hardware to the fullest.

B) Universal drivers; basic drivers which enable the basics.

When your Windows got installed, it was installed with your basic driver. When Windows Update was running, it detected the specific type of hardware and installed the driver specifically made that piece of hardware.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    Manufacturers create different kind of drivers;

A) Specific drivers; which utilize a specific piece of your hardware to the fullest.

B) Universal drivers; basic drivers which enable the basics.

When your Windows got installed, it was installed with your basic driver. When Windows Update was running, it detected the specific type of hardware and installed the driver specifically made that piece of hardware.

ok, so its nothing to do with windows needing updating? Because i actually use the drivers that came with the motherboard for the ethernet.
    But. yeah, internet is like 1mb a sec until i do the windows updates. Which i have just finished doing, and net is running at 18mb/s now.
    Technology.....its fun and frustrating lol
    planet-space-sun.jpg