test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it wise for Starfleet to allow me to remain?

daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Academy
I mean I've obtained the rank of ambassador (before the easy handout doff way)

KILLED at least one hundred million klingons in the last four years, and a minimum of one billion life forms in said amount of time.

I'm a walking, free mass murderer.

and on that note, if starfleet wants me to continue murdering, I need a fresh three nacelle equiped Odyssey class Dreadnought.

and gods know how many lives I've sacrificed from launching fighters into warp core explosions.
Post edited by daedalus304 on

Comments

• maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'll let you in on a little secret.
    We are actually in the mirror universe and it is our jobs to be mass murdering psychopaths.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    I'll let you in on a little secret.
    We are actually in the mirror universe and it is our jobs to be mass murdering psychopaths.

AH so that explains my lack of emotion for those I've killed.

what's next? you're gonna tell me the other universe uses its fleets to EXPLORE!?!? HAHAHAHAA!!!
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's all in the holodeck, so you haven't killed anything.

I could say it's just a game, but I won't. But I could. But I won't.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited March 2014

KILLED at least one hundred million klingons in the last four years, and a minimum of one billion life forms in said amount of time.

and on that note, if starfleet wants me to continue murdering, I need a fresh three nacelle equiped Odyssey class Dreadnought.

and gods know how many lives I've sacrificed from launching fighters into warp core explosions.

That's all? So your the Mary Poppins of the fleet.;)

Starfleet only hires sociopathic mass murderers, and the more species genocide you commit, the faster you rise in rank.

We are all monsters, live with it.;)
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Semi-crazy theory: you know that part in the Fed and KDF tutorials where you enter a holodeck for target practice? You never actually leave. Everything is just a simulation to train the cadets in multiple scenarios, and the Klingons and Federation actually resolved the war already without telling us (while also linking the simulations through subspace networks). Romulan players actually join in shortly after they reach the flotilla for the first time.
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Semi-crazy theory: you know that part in the Fed and KDF tutorials where you enter a holodeck for target practice? You never actually leave. Everything is just a simulation to train the cadets in multiple scenarios, and the Klingons and Federation actually resolved the war already without telling us (while also linking the simulations through subspace networks). Romulan players actually join in shortly after they reach the flotilla for the first time.

...that's so trippy, it's awesome.

...but, wait, does that mean that the destruction of Virinat was so traumatizing that the Romulans are stuck there to help cope?

Or maybe it's all a Tal Shiar plot!
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, I have the 'scourge of starfleet' accolade, and I'm a member of Starfleet-killed thousands of members of my own faction! I also blew up Farek, told Mehra aka 'Princep Khan' that I thought he had some great ideas, and let the Romulans run off with Borg technology in 'The Return'. I regularly work to death prisoners and colonists smuggled (aka mailed) to me from my contacts (alts) among the kdf and Orion pirates by sending them to slave away on the fleet starbase. I feed Bridge officers who displease me feline supplement 74, and I'm piloting around a Tal Shiar destroyer with the IRW prefix-which combined with my preference for Romulan fashion (embassy clothing) and the large number of Romulans on my bridge crew, would seem to indicate that I'm some sort of defector to the Romulan Star Empire. Yet somehow I keep my rank and can walk around Starfleet academy without being immediately apprehended and thrown into facility 4028 for the rest of my life. :)

Don't worry, your mass murderer of Klingons is in good company.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited March 2014

It's ok has long has you were not being paid for the service ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    errab wrote: »
    It's ok has long has you were not being paid for the service ;)

*sharp inhale* oooh.....ahherr....I do get paid GPL and scrap EC.
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well judging by the TV show, Starfleet seems to be grooming dangerous Admirals at an alarming rate anyway, looks like your gonna be joining the club

Just watch out for a do gooding Captain who's going to tell Command about your activities
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That's all?

Most ships I've encountered with my Dyson or sci captain have been sucked into a gravity well and infinitely diminished. Not even the particles could be properly identified.

I've turned killing into an art.

And I'm only a REAR admiral.
  • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes we are all a bunch of genocidal lunatics. But if weren't doing this, what WOULD we be doing?

Shoot to kill, shoot to kill. :D
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I couldn't find a clip, but this quote from The Meaning Of Life pretty much sums it up for me:
    Here is better than home, eh, sir? I mean, at home if you kill someone they arrest you, here they'll give you a gun and show you what to do, sir. I mean, I killed fifteen of those buggers. Now, at home they'd hang me, here they'll give me a f***ing medal, sir!

Besides, it was all self defence anyway. All. Of. It.
  • vampirialvampirial Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Indeed, federation has thought it wise to make me Vice Admiral when I am a near Librated tactical borg drone, my entire crew are all Borg and I fly around in a ship that is essentially a Borges out warbird (assimilated battle cruiser) yet still they trust me implicitly not to "recruit" new crew the good old fashioned borg way
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    also didn't we attack a romulan outpost full of doctors trying to cure there sick and injured

and then we help them set up a new homeworld and get high level or reputation with them
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2014

when you think about it if you get knocked out in a mission you simply respawn, so you never actually die as such as that would mean game over - time to start over.

whats to say the same is not true for enemy npc`s, so you never really kill them as such, you just knock them out to be respawned later on at some point.

in fact who is to say that in an alternative reality somewhere there ar other players like us controlling the enemy and we are the ones who are thought to be the ncp`s ? playing computer games could be more profound then we realise who knows?

in fact now I come to think of it there are at least 2 times in my life where I really should have died but didn't?
    makes you wonder if we are all real or just characters in a simulation that just think we are real - quick call the MIB, and where the heck is Neo when you want him......

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    when you think about it if you get knocked out in a mission you simply respawn, so you never actually die as such as that would mean game over - time to start over.

whats to say the same is not true for enemy npc`s, so you never really kill them as such, you just knock them out to be respawned later on at some point.

in fact who is to say that in an alternative reality somewhere there ar other players like us controlling the enemy and we are the ones who are thought to be the ncp`s ? playing computer games could be more profound then we realise who knows?

in fact now I come to think of it there are at least 2 times in my life where I really should have died but didn't?
    makes you wonder if we are all real or just characters in a simulation that just think we are real - quick call the MIB, and where the heck is Neo when you want him......

Sounds more like Valhalla than The Matrix, both sides forever locked in combat. All we really need is a magnificent feast hall.

I'm sure all of the Orion ladies would be happy to play the part of Valkyries.
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I wouldn't worry about it, they made the biggest psychopath into a Admiral anyway. Janeway.
  • platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2014

If there's a bizarro me playing the enemy, then anti-I really sucks at video games.
  • watsterwatster Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    we're all actually still cadets in the holodeck... in a new no-win scenario.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    watster wrote: »
    we're all actually still cadets in the holodeck... in a new no-win scenario.

this^^^^^^^ why the server is called the holodeck imo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    coupaholic wrote: »
    All we really need is a magnificent feast hall.

The Klingons have that. Why do you think we're at war? Because of some shapeshifters?
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Mhm.
    I actually believe in a lost chapter of "path to 2409" Janeway took over star fleet and declared mass murdering official policy.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Were in the universe were khan won thats why we can jump down 4-5 stories n not be killed lol
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What was that phrase again.. kill 1 and it's a tragedy, kill a million and it's a statistic.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    What was that phrase again.. kill 1 and it's a tragedy, kill a million and it's a statistic.

The actual quote is one death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic.
    Joseph Stalin, 1941
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • elric071elric071 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      questerius wrote: »

Or how about:

"When you kill a man, you are a murderer. If you kill many, you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and your a God."

So does that mean we will never be Gods because we can't kill them all? They just keep respawning....lol

:D
      Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Co-Founder of TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
    • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      elric071 wrote: »
      Or how about:

"When you kill a man, you are a murderer. If you kill many, you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and your a God."

So does that mean we will never be Gods because we can't kill them all? They just keep respawning....lol

ok this post made my day but i like to think we already are i mean we respawn with new ship new captain as if nothing ever happen :)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      swimwear off risa not fixed
      system Lord Baal is dead
      macronius wrote: »
      This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      elric071 wrote: »
      Or how about:

Star Fleet. Where we boldly go out in search of things to blow up and kill, and we get paid to do it.

Who would want to work else where?
      afMSv4g.jpg
      Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      talonxv wrote: »
      Star Fleet. Where we boldly go out in search of things to blow up and kill, and we get paid to do it.

Who would want to work else where?

Join the KDF, where you have an excuse to shoot first!

We haz Orion slave girls!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]