test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

season 9

origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
when is this season suppose to be coming out? the communication from cryptic is bad. i know the reason you dont talk anymore but who wants to here lies. we all know that you are all lazy and cant keep help. with only 6 people working on game i see why game is in the state it is. all i want to know is when season 9 is coming out.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    6 lol? If 6 devs worked on this game it would cease to even work.

They announce seasons when they are almost ready.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    thegrimcorsairthegrimcorsair Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    when is this season suppose to be coming out? the communication from cryptic is bad. i know the reason you dont talk anymore but who wants to here lies. we all know that you are all lazy and cant keep help. with only 6 people working on game i see why game is in the state it is. all i want to know is when season 9 is coming out.

Watch the Tribble section and blogs, usually they start the hype-machine/ramp up for a Season about a month ahead of its actual planned release date.
    If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    sease to even work? have you tried to play lately?
    crashes, servers not responding. bug after bug after bug, some they know about dont say anything until someone posts about it then reply is known issue trying to work on it.
    so with 6 devs working on game i can understand why game is becoming a waste land and if season 9 ever comes out maybe we will have something to do that is not broke.
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sometime around april, but that is obviously subject to change.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am very happy that cryptic isn't giving out info on this.

Back when they had set in stone dates, what they released was... lacking in professionalism to say the least.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sease to even work? have you tried to play lately?
    crashes, servers not responding. bug after bug after bug, some they know about dont say anything until someone posts about it then reply is known issue trying to work on it.
    so with 6 devs working on game i can understand why game is becoming a waste land and if season 9 ever comes out maybe we will have something to do that is not broke.

Bugs are normal in mmo's. No mmo will ever be bug free sorry to burst your bubble. They can be annoying sure, but at least some are easily avoided or there is a workaround available. And there is quite more than 6 developers working on the game ;) Ultimately developers do not have to reply to anything on the forums. It's their choice to do so or not and most of the time they're busy working on things to not have a chance. I would rather them busy typing up code/designing new things than take time on the forums replying to every little thread.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Bugs are normal in mmo's. No mmo will ever be bug free sorry to burst your bubble. They can be annoying sure, but at least some are easily avoided or there is a workaround available. And there is quite more than 6 developers working on the game ;) Ultimately developers do not have to reply to anything on the forums. It's their choice to do so or not and most of the time they're busy working on things to not have a chance. I would rather them busy typing up code/designing new things than take time on the forums replying to every little thread.

*psst - now is a good time to lock this, only going to get worse from this point :P
  • Options
    kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Several things wrong with your thinking, OP.

First of all, Cryptic most definitely has more than 6 devs working on STO. at last count, I believe they had 40.

Second of all, Cryptic doesn't release hard data and hard dates anymore because of the nature of their business; they have billions of lines of code to wrestle with before they can get a final product. Usually, by the time they officially announced something, they are either already done creating it, or they are well underway. Seasons are usually planned out several months to a year in advance. By the time they launch Season X, the planning crew is already hip deep into Season X+1. Giving broad and open ended dates to us will allow them to product test and ensure that everything is working as intended before launch. They can launch early if they are ready. Or they can push back the launch if a major bug shows up. They don't tell us hard dates so they do not have to "break their promises" anymore.

Last of all, and this has been mentioned before, the devs do not respond well to being accused of laziness and ineptitude. In fact, few people respond well to this. Trying to get someone's attention by calling them "lazy" and "can't keep help" is possibly the worst means of getting their attention.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Funny how we've come to the point in Star trek when one episode and a grind-fest represents an entire season...

Whatever happened to the days when 22+ episodes represented a season, and always ended with some kind of crazy cliff-hanger that made you LOOK FORWARD to the next season? Remember, too, when we had to wait like 4 months between the end of one season and the start of the other? Or waiting a whole week to catch the next show?

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Funny how we've come to the point in Star trek when one episode and a grind-fest represents an entire season...

Whatever happened to the days when 22+ episodes represented a season, and always ended with some kind of crazy cliff-hanger that made you LOOK FORWARD to the next season? Remember, too, when we had to wait like 4 months between the end of one season and the start of the other? Or waiting a whole week to catch the next show?

CM

Game Season =/= Television Season. Just saying.

It takes alot more development time and energy to create one mission than it does to create one television episode. This isn't a passive media, it is interactive, and thus requires alot more time.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited March 2014

CM

A lot more work goes into coding a game and making a season than shooting a live action TV show. Take a basic computer programming course pal. I had to write with a group a VERY simplistic game. It took us 3 months and we still didn't even get it completely right. Coding a game like this, isn't a snap and it's done.

One wrong code, one single character in gods know how many lines of code can wreck the whole game. I mean completely crash it.

Sorry it takes time and a lot of it to get it right even with 40 people.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member Posts: 265
    edited March 2014
    we kinda go back and forth with NW it seems lately, and they have a update coming soon so well probably get S9 after it. I would assume later this year probably by summer.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    April 29 for Season 9 to launch due to last week's release notes.

"All Special Fleet projects will be available to slot from 3/6/14 - 4/29/14."

Of course, this is assuming that Season 9 includes a Fleet Holding and will be launched on that date and not just a Fleet Holding. April 29 is a Tuesday which is when Seasons usually launch and these special Fleet project events always last from when the last special project of a Fleet Holding is released to when the special project of the first special project of the next Fleet Holding is released.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    April 29 for Season 9 to launch due to last week's release notes.

"All Special Fleet projects will be available to slot from 3/6/14 - 4/29/14."

Of course, this is assuming that Season 9 includes a Fleet Holding and will be launched on that date and not just a Fleet Holding. April 29 is a Tuesday which is when Seasons usually launch and these special Fleet project events always last from when the last special project of a Fleet Holding is released to when the special project of the first special project of the next Fleet Holding is released.

nice theory, hope your right.
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    nice theory, hope your right.
    Listen to a podcast once and a while. We've known season 9 was coming out in april even before season 8.5 came out.

And since you seem to be finding all these bugs I have to wonder how many bug tickets have you filed about them in the game?
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There are more than 6 people working on the game... Don't think that there are six people working on the game solely based on Forum participation.

As for when season 9 is coming out. it'll be out next month, in April.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    Listen to a podcast once and a while. We've known season 9 was coming out in april even before season 8.5 came out.

And since you seem to be finding all these bugs I have to wonder how many bug tickets have you filed about them in the game?

This. They help.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh, please i am not in a hurry to see season 9. I dont want 20 more important bugs added to the list needed to be solved. I dont want new broken ships or new tailor issues. I said.. xD.

I only hope cryptic test for once (yea i know, its almost impossible.. we always can have hope) all the stuff of season 9 before it comes official, please..
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Oh, please i am not in a hurry to see season 9. I dont want 20 more important bugs added to the list needed to be solved. I dont want new broken ships or new tailor issues. I said.. xD.

I only hope cryptic test for once (yea i know, its almost impossible.. we always can have hope) all the stuff of season 9 before it comes official, please..
    You can help test now since new content's been added on Tribble, including the new Undine event as well as Kit revamp and KDF Raider Flanking.
  • Options
    dkshadow9498dkshadow9498 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Redshirt is Online....

That's usually a good indicator that there is something BIG coming.
    VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
    USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
    VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
    LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
    LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Redshirt is Online....

That's usually a good indicator that there is something BIG coming.

... Don't you check the Dev Tracker? Tribble patch notes are out. New Undine mission (with Ferengi starbases among other things) and the kit revamp.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    dkshadow9498dkshadow9498 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I saw that, but that stuff isn't really indicative of a full server...
    VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
    USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
    VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
    LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
    LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dark4blood wrote: »
    ^Game breaking bugs that Cryptic doesn't even list ARE NOT normal for GOOD MMO's, that is why you have so many complaints. What about the disappearing BOFF issue when you enter maps, or the ******* zen being stuck on the market and not being able to take it down with no response from the bug or dev department. It is not the bugs people are questioning it is the customer service which Cryptic is lacking.
    As someone who played Diablo 2 for several years..... I can assure you that game breaking bugs are in fact perfectly normal.....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    robbie222222robbie222222 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The seasons are normally 6 months apart, although the have been creeping up. May 22 was the launch of season 7, but early May seems likely for season 9. It will be proceeded by old lockbox drop week. The crystaline entity grind is due any week now, but they already did this 14 day grind twice the last twelve months, so something equally boring is likely. Maybe a mirror universe 40 day grind for a ship that is obsolete a month later.
  • Options
    admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The OP's attempt at trolling is seriously underpowered, please refit with Lt. Cmdr. Tac seating.
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    I am very happy that cryptic isn't giving out info on this.

Back when they had set in stone dates, what they released was... lacking in professionalism to say the least.

Well yes I'd personally favor a season nine early 2015 over another game braking release that works over a May 2014 season nine release that makes the game unplayable for month and introduces bugs that take another year to get fixed if ever like... Well... Every singel season release up to this very moment,

I wonder why they keep that "big" season releases up anyway. Wouldn't it be better to introduce new tech piece by piece instead of the big chunks? And leave seasons for actual story progression?

CM

Yeah it would be great if sto were that way.
    Remember when they promised weekly episodes?^^
    As someone who played Diablo 2 for several years..... I can assure you that game breaking bugs are in fact perfectly normal.....

So because you played one other mmo you believe it's normal to have that amount of bugs?

He I played 2 MMOs done by cryptic so I'll just assume that all MMOs are done by cryptic...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Well yes I'd personally favor a season nine early 2015 over another game braking release that works over a May 2014 season nine release that makes the game unplayable for month and introduces bugs that take another year to get fixed if ever like... Well... Every singel season release up to this very moment,

I wonder why they keep that "big" season releases up anyway. Wouldn't it be better to introduce new tech piece by piece instead of the big chunks? And leave seasons for actual story progression?

Yeah it would be great if sto were that way.
    Remember when they promised weekly episodes?^^

So because you played one other mmo you believe it's normal to have that amount of bugs?

He I played 2 MMOs done by cryptic so I'll just assume that all MMOs are done by cryptic...
    It's not releasing in May, though, it's releasing in April.
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's not releasing in May, though, it's releasing in April.

:rolleyes: As far as I know we have no release date, soooo May is as good as April as a guess and that wasn't the point.

The point was that I rather want a finished none broken not catastrophic release instead when ever it is ready, instead of a rushed broken release soon..
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited March 2014

They mentioned about a month ago that it was coming out in April. The first part is on tribble and typically it does not stay there for long so April seems to be accurate. The information is there, you just don't know it. That's a big difference.

We also all don't 'know' that they only have 6 people and can't keep help because that is a lie made up by you. something you accuse them of doing.

Try not acting like a child next time though. you only make yourself look bad instead of simply asking 'hey, when's season 9 coming out?' instead of making a drama out of it.