test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fatal Error: Corrupt Pig File Detected:

When I try to log onto my federation toon that is in Defera Invasion Zone I get logged off and receive the following error/report.

Technical Details: Corrupt pig file detected: ./pigs/texture2.hogg:
Texture_Library/Environment/1_Settlement_Kits/Sci_Hitech_Settlement/
Sci_Hitech_Props_Lamp_Bench_01_N.Wtex:

I can log into all my other toons just fine. None are in Defera though and I am unwilling to move their cause I do not want the same issue on my other toons. I was wondering if I can please get a little help with this cause removing and then re loading STO will be painfully slow. A several Day marathon since my Internet speed is only 2mb lol.
Post edited by nicholas79 on

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,170 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nicholas79 wrote: »
    When I try to log onto my federation toon that is in Defera Invasion Zone I get logged off and receive the following error/report.

Technical Details: Corrupt pig file detected: ./pigs/texture2.hogg:
    Texture_Library/Environment/1_Settlement_Kits/Sci_Hitech_Settlement/
    Sci_Hitech_Props_Lamp_Bench_01_N.Wtex:

I can log into all my other toons just fine. None are in Defera though and I am unwilling to move their cause I do not want the same issue on my other toons. I was wondering if I can please get a little help with this cause removing and then re loading STO will be painfully slow. A several Day marathon since my Internet speed is only 2mb lol.

On the launcher select options then force verify that searches and repairs corrupt files. It may or may not help
  • nicholas79nicholas79 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank your for your help. I have already done this and I still get the error.
  • badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have the same problem. Verify doesn't fix the problem.
  • badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Running through Steam and even Arc makes no difference...
  • noktrelnoktrel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm having a very similar problem trying to load the Elite Corridor mission. Same error, different file
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You may need to force verify it more than once, and make sure the game client file has full administrator permission.

If you are running steam or arc, make sure it is the prime launcher of the game client before verifying the files.

You may also be suffering from a possible virus or malware, spyware issue that is corrupting those files.

Double check any possibilities regarding those issues as well, also run a cache cleaner and/or disk defragmentation to possibly clean up any clutter.

Also check to see if windows isn't misplacing these files, as it may be virtualizing them in a compatibility file as this can sometimes cause issues (not usually an issue relating to corruption, but a differing issue none the less).

You can safely delete the corrupt file if need be, and allow the launcher to again verify and fix the missing file.

If all else fails you will have to uninstall the gaming, and quite possibly hosting software and reinstall them both or just the game software.

Even with a 2mb service arc has a pretty quick client download time, as compared to using the old client download.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Then delete the file with the error (texture2.hogg) and verify.
    (file is in, Cryptic studios\star trek online\live\piggs\)
    It will download the file from cryptic again.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And if the corrupt file issue keeps repeating, then you're going to have to track down what is causing the file corruption problem...

Things that can cause file corruption include...
    • Hard Disk getting ready to die.
    • Loose cable or card connection.
    • Over heated, Over clocked, Undervolted or Dying RAM
    • Power Supply going bad
    • Cheap motherboard going bad, as cheap capacitors can start to fail in as little as 3 years
    • Interference from 3rd party utilities (such as a Anti-Virus locking the file for writing while its being written too)
    • etc. etc...