test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are servers bugged?

I keep getting disconnected from Servers. Anyone else having this problem?
Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
Post edited by kantazo1 on

Comments

• gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    I keep getting disconnected from Servers. Anyone else having this problem?

The servers are always jumpy late at night (EST wise)
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    For once, I can say not.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Today has been a bad day for sto servers.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I had to log off it got so bad. :( Was getting DC left and right. Just logging back in now to see if its better. :S
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm not getting DC, but the game is pretty unplayable atm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • agonist2agonist2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am having a hard time getting online too - server timeouts.
  • anyonkaanyonka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Same sort of thing happening to me, server not responding,lag more than usual. Took me a few times to log on this morning.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As I understand it Cogent, the server company, is in the Boston area. Most of the east coast has been getting slammed by winter storms on and off. This might be causing some issues with downed lines and routing to the servers.

A simple TraceRt or Nettest can give you some ideas where the problem might lie: at Cogent or somewhere in between. People might also think about changing their Proxy in Options to see if that has any effect.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    As I understand it Cogent, the server company, is in the Boston area. Most of the east coast has been getting slammed by winter storms on and off. This might be causing some issues with downed lines and routing to the servers.

A simple TraceRt or Nettest can give you some ideas where the problem might lie: at Cogent or somewhere in between. People might also think about changing their Proxy in Options to see if that has any effect.

its not just the USA that is getting hit by Cogent. im in the UK and last week cogent was the problem that kept me from getting a solid connection. however since complaining about it, there has been no instability since.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    To be fair, the servers have only been bugged since the NSA realized that STO is Real and we have tech that they want.

Now, they are ALWAYS listening...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • dontphasemedontphaseme Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There is definetly something going on with the servers the last week or so. I've been getting alot of random disconnects/lag spikes. It only occurs with STO. Very annoying!
  • marc1299marc1299 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am having the same server issues here in Ohio. I can only play during the day then I get lag and numerous disconnects making the game unplayable. I didn't have this type of problem before but the past couple of months have been frustrating. I have tried all the tricks on my end to try and improve playability and nothing works. I love this game but damn...