test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO can't be running on two separate computers on the same network at the same time?

I'm trying to show a friend how to play STO, and they're using my network here while I am. The problem is, neither STO client can actually connect to the login server.

Is this by-design, or what? I'd really like to show my friend how to get started in STO and join him on some of the starter missions to jump-start his STO gaming career.
Post edited by evilresistance1 on

Comments

• dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If he is trying to log in through Arc can you both bypass it and just launch the launcher directly from the install folder?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • evilresistance1evilresistance1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dirlettia wrote: »
    If he is trying to log in through Arc can you both bypass it and just launch the launcher directly from the install folder?

Well, he's using a version of STO that was pre-Arc, and doesn't have the Arc client on his system. He registered, but he never really got into the whole gameplay thing.

I do have the Arc client, but I can test launching without Arc to see if that makes a difference. Let me test that and I'll get back to you.
  • evilresistance1evilresistance1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dirlettia wrote: »

We were both able to get on with the launcher directly, although I think the login server is lagging to both of our STO connections, but it works. Thanks.