Install Arc
Options

Choices for the new "What is your beef with..."

2»

Comments

• Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    All fed and kdf ships have fallen victim to the stupid power creep of LOR.

That is true, some ships blue side are in as bad a way as raptors. The Prometheus comes to mind, even the model is outdated.

It would be nice to see all the old ships from both sides get a workover.
  • Options
    projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So the galaxy is being "fixed" so good jaab to everyone who helped with that. What is your choice for the next large scale thread to try to "fix" an other ship. I would like to give the Vo'Quv a cloak :D

But really. What ships you think need a good looking at.

Has anyone made a joke about how fixed means neutered?
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think that the B'rel is next. Maybe the Negh'var too.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would love to see some love for KDF bop's. I have found having primarily played fedside and now starting out klinkside I love the gameplay and difference in playstyle raiders offer.
    However I have found the zen versions to be frankly not competative really, even on paper.
    And in fact in my experience KDF really needs a revamp/relaunch, the early story missions are awesome but the whole faction seems totally lacking.
    Its supposed to be a third of the gameplay (if you count roms as a faction) but it seems to lack so much when the side itself is so fun to play.
    I find going to esd a bit boring sometimes but first city is vibrant and visually stimulating.
    I queued for four hours today for the larger starbase fleetmarks pve and never got one. The reason? No-one is playing klinkside (well they are obv but not nearly as much).
    I'm also finding recruiting for our new fleet there near impossible due to lack of new players.
    This is my new beef, if you discount the eternal bugship hangar pet moan ;)
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would love to see some love for KDF bop's.

Well, the flanking mechanic is supposed to help the BoPs.

Still no firm ETA on that though.

As to the rest of it.....i feel your pain.

KDF queues just don't pop quickly enough and that becomes a pressure to go back to your Fed.

I don't know if this is happening, but I find it posible that a lot of the bigger KDF fleets run teams in private instances.

And fair play to them too.

But if such fleets exist, I'd ask them to run a couple more pugs than usual.

It would help those KDF queues pop a bit quicker.
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Good points mate.
    Sadly I am still at that point in this fleet where we only really have a handful of players who chat and play team stf etc, at this point fedside I had a couple of hundred members.
    I see fleet building (and have found toon levelling) to be much more difficult in terms of recruiting and long winded in terms of toon levelling, partically as a result of the lack of stf play.
    I should finally hit 50 tomorrow, I loved my early journey in the KDF but did not enjoy trying to gain access to the pve's I most enjoy in the latter part.
    In this instance I think few would argue MOAR is needed :)
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    arcjetarcjet Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So the galaxy is being "fixed" so (..)

Wrong premise? Nothing has been fixed. Oh, you mean 'fixed'? Like in #indoubtjustslapahangaronit?
    Well the Gal-X has been made a bit more interesting. But in an.. interesting way. However, it's not the only Galaxy class. The Gal-R still is a niche ship without a niche to begin with.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Has anyone made a joke about how fixed means neutered?

With Cryptic, that doesn't get mentioned much because it's such a given. :D
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,406 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    The genius engineer who managed to keep the holosuites running with kitchen equipment when Quark was too cheap to buy replacement parts? Yeah, given how this game was kept online even during the dark days of Atari, I can see that...

Cryptic, what's your beef with pork?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    The genius engineer who managed to keep the holosuites running with kitchen equipment when Quark was too cheap to buy replacement parts? Yeah, given how this game was kept online even during the dark days of Atari, I can see that...

We were discussing business practices and knowledge so I mostly refered to that part of Rom's personality, but I guess it can work in relation of what you mentioned as well.
    Although, I wouldn't be a Trekkie if I didn't say this - Rom would have done a better job. :cool:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So they fixed the Fednaught. Great. Uh, What the hell?

Adding a hangar was the wrong way to go in my opinion. A hangar on this ship is completely pointless. All it really needs (other than it's long promised saucer separation) is an increase to the wave mot..er spinal phaser's rate of fire. With a faster rate of fire (with a one minute firing cycle maybe), the spinal phaser would change the ship's dynamic, making it a more effective siege ship. With the current rate of fire (three minutes), mediocre accuracy (when you miss with this weapon it's a real WTH moment)and mediocre damage, it's not a terribly useful weapon. The episode that gives us the Galaxy X, All Good Things... shows that the spinal phaser fires in quick succession with very high damage, penetrating both shields and hulls of two Klingon battlecruisers (appear to be Negh'Vars). In this fight it shows no other capability other than the spinal phaser and cloak. Where the hell did the idea of a hangar come from...for that matter where did cannons come from?

It is the Enterprise (an exploration cruiser, not a battleship) with a BFG, cloak and warp 13..oh and weird third nacelle. Why not stick with this?

As far as what else needs to be looked at ship-wise, the KDF's dreadnaught is the Vo'quv (at least that's what the Klingon NPC dreadnaught is), and might use an upgrade. A cstore refit version would be stellar.

Also the Bortasqu' Tactical Cruiser's autocannon should also have an increased rate of fire. The Bortasqu' is looked down upon by many as having subpar performance (reflected by disappointing cstore purchases). I think that reducing the autocannon's firing cycle would make it more desirable.

Cryptic went overboard with the Scimitar, and now people hold all other ships up to it as a standard of firepower ("If it's not a scimitar, it sux lol").

Giving the BFGs a shorter firing cycle wouldn't be totally out of line with the OMG DPS fever that has currently taken hold.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Where the hell did the idea of a hangar come from...for that matter where did cannons come from?

Well, if you take another precise look at the top of the Galaxy-X saucer, you'll actually notice the canons, so that's ok I guess.
    The hangar bay though....is Cryptic's answer to everything - "When in doubt, slap a hangar!". :rolleyes:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Well, if you take another precise look at the top of the Galaxy-X saucer, you'll actually notice the canons, so that's ok I guess.
    The hangar bay though....is Cryptic's answer to everything - "When in doubt, slap a hangar!". :rolleyes:

Are those cannons, or something else? We never see them in operation, just the bfg firing. Is there another source that gives specifications or something? They could be some component of the cloak from all that is shown (which is very little)...heck, they could be an antenna or array of some sort. I have an idea though that its more of a case of "hey this looks cool...let's add these pointy things", like dinosaurs with lasers.
  • Options
    kodiakjorgenssonkodiakjorgensson Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So they fixed the Fednaught. Great. Uh, What the hell?

Adding a hangar was the wrong way to go in my opinion. A hangar on this ship is completely pointless. All it really needs (other than it's long promised saucer separation) is an increase to the wave mot..er spinal phaser's rate of fire. With a faster rate of fire (with a one minute firing cycle maybe), the spinal phaser would change the ship's dynamic, making it a more effective siege ship. With the current rate of fire (three minutes), mediocre accuracy (when you miss with this weapon it's a real WTH moment)and mediocre damage, it's not a terribly useful weapon. The episode that gives us the Galaxy X, All Good Things... shows that the spinal phaser fires in quick succession with very high damage, penetrating both shields and hulls of two Klingon battlecruisers (appear to be Negh'Vars). In this fight it shows no other capability other than the spinal phaser and cloak. Where the hell did the idea of a hangar come from...for that matter where did cannons come from?

It is the Enterprise (an exploration cruiser, not a battleship) with a BFG, cloak and warp 13..oh and weird third nacelle. Why not stick with this?

As far as what else needs to be looked at ship-wise, the KDF's dreadnaught is the Vo'quv (at least that's what the Klingon NPC dreadnaught is), and might use an upgrade. A cstore refit version would be stellar.

Also the Bortasqu' Tactical Cruiser's autocannon should also have an increased rate of fire. The Bortasqu' is looked down upon by many as having subpar performance (reflected by disappointing cstore purchases). I think that reducing the autocannon's firing cycle would make it more desirable.

Cryptic went overboard with the Scimitar, and now people hold all other ships up to it as a standard of firepower ("If it's not a scimitar, it sux lol").

Giving the BFGs a shorter firing cycle wouldn't be totally out of line with the OMG DPS fever that has currently taken hold.

i would love to see a ROF and Acc buff to the lance as for any kind of penetration i think DEM should do fine, as a side note, they are variations on the negh'var according to memory alpha they had additional fore weapons.
    Are those cannons, or something else? We never see them in operation, just the bfg firing. Is there another source that gives specifications or something? They could be some component of the cloak from all that is shown (which is very little)...heck, they could be an antenna or array of some sort. I have an idea though that its more of a case of "hey this looks cool...let's add these pointy things", like dinosaurs with lasers.

the Gal-x has a lot more then just the "BFG" like the dominion era galaxy, they have phaser banks mounted on there engines, there's also an additional torpedo bay mounted behind the bridge above shuttle bay 1, as for the hanger bay this is speculation on my part, there appears to be a shuttle bay like door just below the third nacelles pylon.

[EDIT]

looking at the link below with the Gal-X Specs there's a larger shuttle bay under the third engine.

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/jac-enterprise-d-refit.php
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    i would love to see a ROF and Acc buff to the lance as for any kind of penetration i think DEM should do fine, as a side note, they are variations on the negh'var according to memory alpha they had additional fore weapons.

the Gal-x has a lot more then just the "BFG" like the dominion era galaxy, they have phaser banks mounted on there engines, there's also an additional torpedo bay mounted behind the bridge above shuttle bay 1, as for the hanger bay this is speculation on my part, there appears to be a shuttle bay like door just below the third nacelles pylon.

[EDIT]

looking at the link below with the Gal-X Specs there's a larger shuttle bay under the third engine.

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/jac-enterprise-d-refit.php

That blue print came from here http://www.jackill.com/Pages/Home_Page.htm

I wouldn't take that schematic as proof of anything. Take a close look at the copywrite tag at the lower right corner of the schematic. It's not to CBS who would hold the rights to this particular craft. The site that this diagram is pulled from only attributes Star Trek to Paramount and not CBS, and explicitly states that it is not authorized at the bottom of the page.

It's a noncanon source. You could put whatever you wanted on that ship as noncanon....like an entire deck dedicated hotspring or beach, with swimwear as the uniform. :rolleyes:

Is there an authorized canon reference for this ship? I doubt it since it was a one-off ship seen briefly in one episode.
  • Options
    kodiakjorgenssonkodiakjorgensson Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That blue print came from here http://www.jackill.com/Pages/Home_Page.htm

I wouldn't take that schematic as proof of anything. Take a close look at the copywrite tag at the lower right corner of the schematic. It's not to CBS who would hold the rights to this particular craft. The site that this diagram is pulled from only attributes Star Trek to Paramount and not CBS, and explicitly states that it is not authorized at the bottom of the page.

It's a noncanon source. You could put whatever you wanted on that ship as noncanon....like an entire deck dedicated hotspring or beach, with swimwear as the uniform. :rolleyes:

Is there an authorized canon reference for this ship? I doubt it since it was a one-off ship seen briefly in one episode.

I'm aware its un-official, but sadly its the best image I could find at the moment :(, personally I don't believe the image is entirely inaccurate, of course take it with a pinch of salt because its not official but the overall design makes sense, the Feds are at war with the klingons again, there going to need extra firepower. I would love to see some official schematics for the Gal-x but I'm starting to thing they don't exist, I can never seem to find any just those listed in my earlier post.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What is your beef with the Enterprise Maco Outfit?! Why won't you let me pay for it? :mad:
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What is your beef with not making manes and new fur patterns for cat species? As a matter of fact, what's your beef with not making a species customization update period?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    What is your beef with not giving us these?

It would be free for you to do cryptic.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Galaxy R and Galaxy X.

Gecko .

/10 char
  • Options
    gibbonigibboni Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The beef shall continue to be served in the Galaxy thread, until we run out of beef. ;)

Wheres the beef?
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Mmmmmmm.... Beef!
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    gibboni wrote: »
    Wheres the beef?

Here you go! :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So the galaxy is being "fixed" so good jaab to everyone who helped with that. What is your choice for the next large scale thread to try to "fix" an other ship. I would like to give the Vo'Quv a cloak :D

But really. What ships you think need a good looking at.

What is your beef with STO's Foundry?

No seriously. It was Cryptic's user content flagship for a while, until Neverwinter was created. And now it's as useless as a D'Kyr.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Feline Supplement 74?
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What is the STO playerbase's beef with beating dead horses?

They're dead already, and horse meat does not count as beef.
    ExtxpTp.jpg