test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Choices for the new "What is your beef with..."

rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
So the galaxy is being "fixed" so good jaab to everyone who helped with that. What is your choice for the next large scale thread to try to "fix" an other ship. I would like to give the Vo'Quv a cloak :D

But really. What ships you think need a good looking at.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Vo'quv is probably the next. Maybe the B'rel.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited February 2014
    Cryptic, what's your beef with the Thundercougarfalconbird?
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    But really. What ships you think need a good looking at.
    The Galaxy. Still.

Lets face facts here, the fix that they're providing us with isn't nowhere near the fix that quite a few people desire. The Boff arrangement makes no difference what-so-ever (changing a tac to a universal when everyone is going to use a tac anyway?).

Their idea of a reboot is a tragic one.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd say "What is your beef with PVP?"

Or "What is your beef with raid content?"

Or "What is your beef with Steam?"

are probably the frontrunners.
    The Galaxy. Still.

Nah. It's a dead topic at this point. The thread was designed to give feedback and ilicit a dev response on the Galaxy. Well Geko read the feedback and responded with the reboot.

Geko has spoken. Not much else can really be done at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I can be quite stubborn, though I've hardly been as vocal about it as half the people who have commented in many of the Galaxy Topics.

I don't know whether this was Geko's call or if the latest error belongs to someone else, but they can easily get more c-store galaxy sales if they give people want they want. I don't get the whole "we can't (or wont) update existing ships to encourage buyers, but we will release a new ship that few people actually want".

It's like Cryptic are run by Romulans (in that they've denounced any form of Logic).
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The beef shall continue to be served in the Galaxy thread, until we run out of beef. ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Nah. It's a dead topic at this point. The thread was designed to give feedback and ilicit a dev response on the Galaxy. Well Geko read the feedback and responded with the reboot.

I tend to agree.

I'm disappointed the Gal-R didn't get a boff seating pass like the Gal-X.

And, i think, thats all we're going to get.

As to the OP.......

What is your beef with PvP is a favourite, but its a broad subject.

The thing about the old thread was that it was so specific.

Hundreds of posts about a single ship.

So, i'll go for 'what is your beef with the Varanus'

KDF's only endgame science ship for a very long time, the only alternatives are the rare temporal box ship and the newer dyson ships.

Doesn't its console need a pass to give it some oomph?

It's an old ship in STO terms, balanced at a time when half the game emchanics we have today didnt exist.

So, come on cryptic, what is your beef with the Varanus?
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014

We will not go quietly into the night!

But yeah, it should probably be entitled "Cryptic, what's your beef with the Galaxy 2: Electric Boogaloo".
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    We will not go quietly into the night!

But yeah, it should probably be entitled "Cryptic, what's your beef with the Galaxy 2: Electric Boogaloo".

Maybe Galaxy 2: the math of can't.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The new thread should be entitled:

"Cryptic -- What's Your Beef With All The TNG Fans Who Want The Galaxy Class to be the BEST Ship In STO Bar None"

And be done with it.:eek::D
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cryptic, what's your beef with beef?
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    It's like Cryptic are run by Rom.

There, fixed that for you, hope you don't mind. ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Cryptic, what's your beef with beef?

Boogie Down Productions has the answer to that.
    shpoks wrote: »
    There, fixed that for you, hope you don't mind. ;)

ROM Spaceknight?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would like an update for the Guramba, as it is so old and useless now. It can't compete.
    It needs a 10th console slot and a beefed up Javelin, also stay in Siege mode after that thing has fired.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Would that be the same Geko that once said there'd be no Tier 5 Ambassador because the ship was too old and not cool enough?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    C-Store ships like the Atrox, B'Rel Retrofit, and Excelsior that have their special ability automatically given to the Fleet version. C-Store ships should provide something that the Fleet version doesn't have even if it is a crappy console. I am not talking about nerfing their special abilities like the Transwarp and Enhanced Cloak into consoles, but adding a completely new console.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited February 2014
    Galaxy Retrofit.

I think maybe people ignore the D'deridex Retrofit because Scimitar is the I win button... but Gal R truck drivers probably wish their slow boat was like the DD. The DD has an awesome layout plis battle cloak. No need for uni BOFF when you have at least LtCom in everything, or you havent ever tried any of the older cruisers/battlecruisers.

B'rel hangars, though. Is that so much to ask?
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Look in Ten Forward... I think I know.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So the galaxy is being "fixed" so good jaab to everyone who helped with that. What is your choice for the next large scale thread to try to "fix" an other ship. I would like to give the Vo'Quv a cloak :D

This ^

Plus, Bortas cloak can be put to full strength. This bull with 80% effective due to size, when the Scim and Gal-X are not exactly tiny ships :P
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,183 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Bortas big gun needs work. Got a friend who got the 3 pack and was disappointed by how crappy the autocannon was. The few times I've seen a Bortas in a STF... no autocannon was used that I saw.

Vo'Quv doesn't need a cloak as its a full on carrier. I don't even see a reason for a dedicated carrier like the Vo'Quv to have a cloak. Ships like the Romulan Tac Carrier have one because A: Its Romulan, and B: Its designed to get up close and personal with the enemy alongside the fighters. The Vo'Quv can fight, but its primary weapons are its fighters. Its not a battlecruiser style ship.

The Scimitar was built by Romulans and Remans, masters of Cloaking tech. The Galaxy-X is the same size as a Galaxy, which is supposed to be smaller than the Scimitar anyways. Not to mention the Scimitar's mass might not be near that of the Bortas. I mean... compare the hull of the Scimitar to the Bortas. The Scimitar has the main section and wings, while the Bortas is this big, bulky cruiser with massive necelles. I'm pretty sure mass wise, the Bortas is bigger than the Scimitar.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, it's always annoyed me that the Fleet Defiant never got a shield bump.
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    At this point I think the best chance of getting a Galaxy fix is to create ones own start up IT company, sell it for millions, buy out perfect world and MAKE Cryptic fix it.
  • Options
    wrathofachilleswrathofachilles Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    The Galaxy. Still.

Lets face facts here, the fix that they're providing us with isn't nowhere near the fix that quite a few people desire. The Boff arrangement makes no difference what-so-ever (changing a tac to a universal when everyone is going to use a tac anyway?).

Their idea of a reboot is a tragic one.

Indeed, when I saw the announcement on arc, i was like OMG, WTF, YAY! Only to find myself disappointed because:

A. This isn't a real change to anything at all except the saucer sep now doesn't stop you dead...

B. The dreadnought is still woefully underpowered to be considered it's own *special* separate class of cruiser... the boff seating is underwhelming, it only has one really useful comm ability cause the resistance from the threat one is total BS. The change from ensign tac to ensign uni was pointless, if anything, it was galaxy retrofit's ensign eng that needed the uni love.

C. I JUST bought the tier4 and tier5 galaxy classes within the past maybe... 3 days or so... so I get shafted on this whole pack deal.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Galaxy Retrofit.

I think maybe people ignore the D'deridex Retrofit because Scimitar is the I win button... but Gal R truck drivers probably wish their slow boat was like the DD. The DD has an awesome layout plis battle cloak. No need for uni BOFF when you have at least LtCom in everything, or you havent ever tried any of the older cruisers/battlecruisers.

B'rel hangars, though. Is that so much to ask?

I agree, the scim is just so uber cram packed full of goodies it's ridiculous, if they consider that a dreadnought, then the gal-x is no where near.

I would love a gal dread with ensign tac, lt.com tac, com eng, lt.com eng, and ensign sci. Then it would actually have the tac seating to reasonably use the cannons it can equip, would still be a super tank, and would fit the more tac heavy eng feel of the ship. Also, that beam lance needed to get a cooldown cut to 90 seconds or, better yet, to become a *free* forward 45 degree heavy beam array kinda like the *free* proton cannons the new dyson ships get in tactical mode. It would make the galaxy dreadnaught the first ship to technically have 9 weapons and would really set it apart.

Even just giving the galaxy a universal ensign instead would have been super helpful.. or honestly, making a few more eng powers start at ensign like aux to bat or aux to dampers... or making up some new ones.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    sonnikku wrote: »
    At this point I think the best chance of getting a Galaxy fix is to create ones own start up IT company, sell it for millions, buy out perfect world and MAKE Cryptic fix it.

It sounds like we have a plan... lets get to it.
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Galaxy R and Galaxy X.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The only thing I can think of that's in a comparable state, both status and mechanics-wise, would be perhaps the Intrepid. However, from the sounds of it, that is probably getting some love in Expansion 2 around the end of the year.
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Personally it would be nice to see the KDF ships get looked at, Raptors and BOPs have both fallen victim to the stupid power creep of LOR. Not that they ever will though.
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    zipagat wrote: »
    Personally it would be nice to see the KDF ships get looked at, Raptors and BOPs have both fallen victim to the stupid power creep of LOR. Not that they ever will though.

All fed and kdf ships have fallen victim to the stupid power creep of LOR.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com