test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No D'K Tagh ???

avastanavastan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Klingon Discussion
Hi

The other day was trying to get a new melee weapon for my klingon and suddently found that I could not find a D'K Tagh anywere... but for a emote :(

Is there any D'K Tagh that can be used in combat ?
Post edited by avastan on

Comments

• Options
    mondoidmondoid Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sadly no. The selection of melee weapons is lacking.
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mondoid wrote: »
    Sadly no. The selection of melee weapons is lacking.

Sorely lacking, especially faction unique ones to make each faction different and unique. I'd love to go to Defera and see Federation players running around with Andorian weapons that my KDF can't have, KDF running around with Klingon and Naucassian weapons that Federation can't have and the Romulans with their own unique melee weapons.

Hell I'd even settle for them being unique rep rewards like how in Omega the Federation get Maco visuals, the KDF Honour guard visuals etc. It might be the same set but the weapons look different.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    #Where's_my_mek'leth?
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    For the 1.000.000 time.....Cryptic listen up here:

-Need a D'k Tahg + Mek'leth melee pack in the C-Store.
    -Need a Ushaan + Kar'takin melee pack in the C-Store.

Just like the current Lirpa+Bat'leth melee pack in the C-Store. Make it so!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    shpoks wrote: »

Maybe an ENT mirror univers combat knife.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    Maybe an ENT mirror univers combat knife.

I think you mean these:

http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/5735/370201-vlcsnap_00160_super.jpg

HMM why would they be using those 200 years later when we know for sure they didn't do so in TOS?

http://propdept.home.comcast.net/~propdept/mmknif2.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    I think you mean these:

http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/5735/370201-vlcsnap_00160_super.jpg

HMM why would they be using those 200 years later when we know for sure they didn't do so in TOS?

http://propdept.home.comcast.net/~propdept/mmknif2.jpg

Because we have a mirror ENT uniform with a knife holster as part of the belt.
    Also why not?
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Because we have a mirror ENT uniform with a knife holster as part of the belt.
    Also why not?

Why no Borg riding on giant Assimilated Space Dragons?
    "Why not" is not an answer it's another question.;)

How about a Terran Empire Knife pack featuring both instead? :)
    We have the TOS Mirror Universe uniform after all too along with its sash that was effectively its "holster".
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sorely lacking, especially faction unique ones to make each faction different and unique. I'd love to go to Defera and see Federation players running around with Andorian weapons that my KDF can't have, KDF running around with Klingon and Naucassian weapons that Federation can't have and the Romulans with their own unique melee weapons.

Hell I'd even settle for them being unique rep rewards like how in Omega the Federation get Maco visuals, the KDF Honour guard visuals etc. It might be the same set but the weapons look different.

I don't thing they should be unique.
    But there is a list of melee weapons that should be in the game:

- the d'k tang the op mentions.
    - the Mek'leth (also already mentioned, both visuals in game)
    - a "usual" combat knife
    - some kind of riot stick
    - some kind of "combat gloves" essentially using the visuals of unarmed melee (the martial art ones we have if no weapon is equipped) but with stats like using a melee weapon

Thats all I can think of right now.... shouldn't be to hard to get this....
  • Options
    edited February 2014

- the d'k tang the op mentions.
    - the Mek'leth (also already mentioned, both visuals in game)
    - a "usual" combat knife
    - some kind of riot stick
    - some kind of "combat gloves" essentially using the visuals of unarmed melee (the martial art ones we have if no weapon is equipped) but with stats like using a melee weapon

Thats all I can think of right now.... shouldn't be to hard to get this....

The ENT MACO baton.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited February 2014
    Here is the d'k tahg! ;)

/emote d'k_tahg

/unless they broke it
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The ENT MACO baton.

Thats the one I had in mind.
    And hey they could release the uniform witch is finished for more then a year now right with it....
  • Options
    matth431matth431 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Ok, I get the former, but why do Ushaan and Kar'takin go together? The latter is a Jem'hadar weapon, don't see either Feds or Klinks using it. Plenty of novelised weapons from Fed species to choose from. Plus they should add "Fry's Arm" to the Coliseum weapon choice.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would think that the Kar'Takin should be another melee weapon that you could pick up in the mission "Coliseum" and a blue quality one should be a mission reward for finishing one of the Dominion arc missions.
  • Options
    aeonthehermitaeonthehermit Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I agree with a lot of these suggestions that we need more melee options in this game, but I can't get the mental image of Sulu chasing everyone with a saber out of my head now.
    STO in a shellnut.
    "I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst."
    -Elim Garak
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They're just melee weapons.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014

As well as a Dathe'anofv-sen & Kathe'anofv-sen. Maybe a "Terran Katana" for our mirror Fed toons.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They're just melee weapons.

Melee weapons are a big part of Klingon lore and culture in case you didn't watch Star trek.
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Now now.. I can easily see my Orion stealing her self a No-Dachi, Katana, or Wasisashi from a Fed. Such an elegant weapon. Look great in the hands of a scantily clad Orion Warrior Woman.. I'm want'n a cloak and hood...

And steal Romulans using battle axes from Abrams Trek movie... Romulans using mass weapons like Axes and maces.. Yea I like that..

I wonder which race gets short thrusting spears. Rigilians..yea.. Rigilians get thrusting spears!

*wanders off happily talking to self*

Mirror Fed? Give em a 1914 model Navy Cutlass.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sander233 wrote: »
    #Where's_my_mek'leth?

Can I put this in my sig?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited March 2014

you mean this?
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    matth431 wrote: »
    Ok, I get the former, but why do Ushaan and Kar'takin go together? The latter is a Jem'hadar weapon, don't see either Feds or Klinks using it. Plenty of novelised weapons from Fed species to choose from. Plus they should add "Fry's Arm" to the Coliseum weapon choice.

Only If i can use a giant pair of lobster crackers!

On a more serious Note, How about a human sword, you know, one with a smooth edge to it without massive serrations for no apparant reason other than it looks a bit nausican?

How about a fencing Sabre?, They used those frequently on TNG
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The really annoying thing about it all is that NPCs already have these weapons so the models do exist.
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jmaster29 wrote: »
    Can I put this in my sig?

Go for it.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    sander233 wrote: »
    Go for it.

woohoo *summons the holy power of the subspace partay amplifier*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Why no Borg riding on giant Assimilated Space Dragons?
    "Why not" is not an answer it's another question.;)

How about a Terran Empire Knife pack featuring both instead? :)
    We have the TOS Mirror Universe uniform after all too along with its sash that was effectively its "holster".

Why not is an invitation to offer a counter argument. To go to the far area and suggest that borg on space dragons is a similar question is extreme.

Why not on the knife packs.
    Art wise they can't be that difficult.
    The only issue I can see is the animation. Everyone uses the exact same martial art moves, the same bat'leth moves etc. So the stumbling block must be adding animations for new weapons that may not sell well.
    Wasn't there a post some where how the melee pack didn't do very well?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    magnumstarmagnumstar Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2014

They can add some Earth type weapons as well such as sabers, rapiers, longswords, bowie knife, etc. for the Feds to use. And make these weapons faction/race specific. The Bat'leth is a ceremonial weapon that Klingons and only Klingons should be able to use, this would include the Fed Klingon as well. It is depressing to see everyone and their brother running around with one of these strapped to their back. I don't know why we are war with the Federation because we're making a killing selling them Bat'leths. The Vulcan Lirpa should be a race specific weapon as well.

Having unique items per faction or race is a good thing. Not only does it give the players a diversity of play but it also would help sells in the Store. If someone wants a Bat'leth they would either have to make a Klingon character or buy a Fed Klingon from the store.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    magnumstar wrote: »
    They can add some Earth type weapons as well such as sabers, rapiers, longswords, bowie knife, etc. for the Feds to use. And make these weapons faction/race specific. The Bat'leth is a ceremonial weapon that Klingons and only Klingons should be able to use, this would include the Fed Klingon as well. It is depressing to see everyone and their brother running around with one of these strapped to their back. I don't know why we are war with the Federation because we're making a killing selling them Bat'leths. The Vulcan Lirpa should be a race specific weapon as well.

Having unique items per faction or race is a good thing. Not only does it give the players a diversity of play but it also would help sells in the Store. If someone wants a Bat'leth they would either have to make a Klingon character or buy a Fed Klingon from the store.

If Romulans could use a scimitar:

Scimitar charged at the Borg with his scimitar. He called down an airstrike from the Scimitar class warbird RRW Scimitar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    magnumstarmagnumstar Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jmaster29 wrote: »
    If Romulans could use a scimitar:

Scimitar charged at the Borg with his scimitar. He called down an airstrike from the Scimitar class warbird RRW Scimitar.

Actually the Rommies do have a type of sword, I can't remember what it's called but from the pictures I've seen it looks cool. Some Rom fan on here will know the name of the weapon I'm speaking and will hopefully post it with pics so you can see it for yourself.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    sunseahl wrote: »

No I meant literally what I said: the unarmed martial art animation with modifiers comparable to other melee weapons, so literally no new visuals at all^^