test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jem'Hadar vs. clone troopers.

grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Ten Forward
What would happen if an army of 8000 Jem'Hadar went against 8000 SW clones from the 501st legion in a full scale ground battle (no tanks, artillery, air or orbital support and no reinforcements). The battle shall be fought in a desert enviorment. The clones shall have an unlimited supply of food and water (don't ask how) and the Jem'Hadar have an unlimited supply of white.
say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
Post edited by grandnaguszek1 on

Comments

• moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Jem'Hader. They always win. Especially against a bunch of guys in plastic armor.

THIS ARMOR DOES NOTHING! WHY DO THEY EVEN WEAR IT?
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Jem'Hader. They always win. Especially against a bunch of guys in plastic armor.

THIS ARMOR DOES NOTHING! WHY DO THEY EVEN WEAR IT?

To be a plastic armor they would have to include plastic. The Clone armor is just CGI^^
    And the Jem'Hadar have nothing.. or well maybe leather instead of plastic.

But as a guess I'd go with the Jem'Hadar, too.
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Was it the clone troopers or the storm troopers that couldn't hit anything? I forget, but I suspect the Jem'Hadar would obliterate them. One of them killed Weyoun 4. Dude...
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
    edited February 2014
    daqhegh wrote: »
    Was it the clone troopers or the storm troopers that couldn't hit anything? I forget, but I suspect the Jem'Hadar would obliterate them. One of them killed Weyoun 4. Dude...

That were the Storm troupers.
    But those are still capable to beast Starfleets redshirts. They wouldn't hit them, but the Redshirts would die anyway.

No, Clone Troopers were shown to be quiet capable.
  • grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Stormtroopers are the ones that couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Clone troopers were quite capable marksmen. And I am talking about the 501st legion which was the best of the best clones and the most feared fighting force. I would place my Money on the 501.
  • kazapskykazapsky Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Clone troopers are highly skilled, but they're still fundamentally human - whereas Jem'Hadar have all that skill plus they're physically superhuman in many respects. J'H would win.
    Arc is garbage. End of discussion.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Jem'Hadar They're breed and age faster.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited February 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Jem'Hadar They're breed and age faster.

I have to agree with this. Jems are FAR more replacable. Put the two armies against each other with equal manpower, and the Jems would have legions of reinforcements ready before the battle even starts. They'll win by numbers.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
    edited February 2014
    Stormtroopers are the ones that couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Clone troopers were quite capable marksmen. And I am talking about the 501st legion which was the best of the best clones and the most feared fighting force. I would place my Money on the 501.

So the clone troopers weren't the A-Team wannabes. Good to know.
    edited February 2014
    kazapsky wrote: »
    Clone troopers are highly skilled, but they're still fundamentally human - whereas Jem'Hadar have all that skill plus they're physically superhuman in many respects. J'H would win.

Actually they are mandalorians.
    edited February 2014
    They aren't Jem'Hadar. The rest is irrelevant :P
    edited February 2014

They still succumb to clone cellular degradation, so their skills get even worse each time they are cloned. Since Jem'Hadar are quick breeding, reach peak physical condition in a matter of days and retain that level of skill all their lives, they would decimate the 501 in a few weeks of fighting and destroy all subsequent 501's that come, the fights getting easier and easier as time goes on.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited February 2014
    I have to agree with this. Jems are FAR more replacable. Put the two armies against each other with equal manpower, and the Jems would have legions of reinforcements ready before the battle even starts. They'll win by numbers.

Did you even read the original post? I said no reinforcements for either side.
    edited February 2014
    They still succumb to clone cellular degradation, so their skills get even worse each time they are cloned. Since Jem'Hadar are quick breeding, reach peak physical condition in a matter of days and retain that level of skill all their lives, they would decimate the 501 in a few weeks of fighting and destroy all subsequent 501's that come, the fights getting easier and easier as time goes on.

Thor arguments might be generally true. But the question is how would an army if clones at their best hold up against an equally numbered army of jem'hadar at their best in one battle.

Long time issues like reproduction, degeneration, breeding times ect do not matter in this context.

And IF you desperately want to take that into account: the clone army has by far superior numbers to every Star Trek army taken together, they after all, hold an entire galaxy.
    Also the clone army is much more focused on ground confrontation. Also they have ground based war machinery, such things have never been shown in the dominion war.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Jem'Hadar, easily. Clones are SUPPOSED to be identical copies of super-marksman bounty hunter Jango Fett, but the modifications that make them fast-growing soldiers also apparently ruin their aiming skills.

So Jem'Hadar, with superstrength, more effective weaponry, and just more awesomeness, would win in a landslide.
    edited February 2014

Wouldn't matter. The 501 is a small batch. In order to make 8000, it would require you to clone the 501. And copies of a copy are always worse that the first copy. So they'd be even worse.

Face it, 501 gets blown away any way you slice it.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited February 2014
    Clone tactics involve forming impenetrable fireing lines behind cover with some mortars in the back while Jem'Hadar tactics just involve marching straight into the line of fire until they break the enemy lines and by that time many would be dead. Watch "the siege of AR-558".
    edited February 2014

Yes, I did. But it didn't compute -- they're all clones!

I admit the Jem'Hadar can have their asses handed to them by Klingons. It has to be expected, though -- they were KLINGONS! I think if, in some way, Jems and Klinks are equals in battle, then the clone troopers wouldn't stand a chance.

This is assuming they have a steady supply of Ketracel White. Or, these could be those rare non-addicted Jems that do exist even though they aren't supposed to.

Whatever the case, my money is still on the Jems. They don't care if they die and they will take out as many of their enemies as possible before they do. They are skilled on ranged and close combat weapons, and obviously proficient in hand-to-hand combat. They were literally designed to be the perfect soldier.

Jems still win.
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Okay, great. Now create the same thread on a Star Wars forum now.... :rolleyes:

See what going on? Ha, my money is on the clone troopers. They only defeated an army of over 2 quadrillion droids across an entire galaxy.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    Clone tactics involve forming impenetrable fireing lines behind cover with some mortars in the back while Jem'Hadar tactics just involve marching straight into the line of fire until they break the enemy lines and by that time many would be dead. Watch "the siege of AR-558".

Their aim would still be off and the Jem could and would march through. Not to mention Jem' Hadar have natural cloaking abilities, so they'd not only march across unscathed, they'd do without the clones even knowing they were there.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited February 2014
    Yes, I did. But it didn't compute -- they're all clones!

I admit the Jem'Hadar can have their asses handed to them by Klingons. It has to be expected, though -- they were KLINGONS! I think if, in some way, Jems and Klinks are equals in battle, then the clone troopers wouldn't stand a chance.

This is assuming they have a steady supply of Ketracel White. Or, these could be those rare non-addicted Jems that do exist even though they aren't supposed to.

Whatever the case, my money is still on the Jems. They don't care if they die and they will take out as many of their enemies as possible before they do. They are skilled on ranged and close combat weapons, and obviously proficient in hand-to-hand combat. They were literally designed to be the perfect soldier.

Jems still win.

Clones are trained in advanced martial arts. They are also trained since birth in taking fortresses in small groups of four, marksmanship, and are able to easily adapt to any situation.
  • kodiakjorgenssonkodiakjorgensson Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Jem'hadar, i dont know much about clone troopers, but i do know Jem'Hadar can shroud.
    edited February 2014
    HAHA the one point we've all skipped -- the Jems have stealth! EPIC stealth! Jems for the win.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Exactly. Shroud plus superstrength plus other random supersoldier boosts equals victory for the Jem'Hadar.
    edited February 2014
    HAHA the one point we've all skipped -- the Jems have stealth! EPIC stealth! Jems for the win.

Yup. Star Wars has no cloaking technology as of the Clone Wars era. As such, they would have no idea how to detect a shrouded enemy. So, 501 ends up dead without a single alarm being raised.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    10$ for Jems. They can still fight with injury, while clones don't... have you ever saw clone only wounded by blaster fire, they die after one shot... in leg.
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The clone troopers in the original series of the Clone Wars were highly competent... Jem'Hadar were mostly portrayed as run in and kill...

Clone troop armour would deflect Jem'Hadar handweapons, but not sure how it would handle their blasters...

Do clone trooper helmets provide vision other than visible light? If so, that may overcome the Jem'Hadar's ability to shroud...

I think with enough space for tactics, the 501st would take out the Jem'Hadar from a distance. If it came down to hand to hand, I don't think they would be so lucky, and think it may go to the Jem'Hadar.

It certainly wouldn't be an easy victory for either side...
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That shroud and the willingness to die gives the jem'hadar a deciding edge
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
      edited February 2014
      What would happen if an army of 8000 Jem'Hadar went against 8000 SW clones from the 501st legion in a full scale ground battle (no tanks, artillery, air or orbital support and no reinforcements). The battle shall be fought in a desert enviorment. The clones shall have an unlimited supply of food and water (don't ask how) and the Jem'Hadar have an unlimited supply of white.

if captain rex has anything to say on the matter, he would likely take out entire companies of jem'hadar if he could with his squad. having fives on the side with other troopers, rex always thinks on his feet. shouding/cloaking is just light bending, with the right frequency and wavelength or whatever they got with the visors on their helmets, the clones would spot the jem'hadar anyways.
      T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
      Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
      edited February 2014
      Yup. Star Wars has no cloaking technology as of the Clone Wars era. As such, they would have no idea how to detect a shrouded enemy. So, 501 ends up dead without a single alarm being raised.

Having cloak and not being able to detect cloak are actually two cups.
      Also: Do they have a Jedi-General?