test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet PVP ranks

gibbsptgibbspt Member Posts: 80 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PvP Gameplay
So i was wondering what people consider to be the top 5 pvp fleets in the server at the moment, so i wanted to ask you pvp players what do you think is your top 5 pvp fleets at the moment, and if you want to give an explanation of your top 5 even better, but please respect everyone opinion!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Federation :: Fleetless :: Klingon
Jorge Silva - Tac | Nayja - Sci | Jorge E. Silva - Eng
Jorge R. Silva - Tac (Romulan Fed)
Nayja K Silva - Sci | Vurg'jah - Tac
Post edited by gibbspt on

Comments

• Options
    sleeeperr1sleeeperr1 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    1.trh 2.trh 3.trh 4.trh . 5. [edit]anyteam im on
  • Options
    spherbspherb Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gibbspt wrote: »
    So i was wondering what people consider to be the top 5 pvp fleets in the server at the moment, so i wanted to ask you pvp players what do you think is your top 5 pvp fleets at the moment, and if you want to give an explanation of your top 5 even better, but please respect everyone opinion!

Do 5 PvP Fleets exist????

Is Battle Kax a Fleet???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited February 2014
    you prolly wont get that many replies... honestly, the pvp fleet scene is quite in misery...

there just are not that many top level fleets out there...you may get a better response asking who are the best players....but that will be definitely skewed by preference/timezone...

and has herb stated...are there 5 pvp fleets?

its true...and sad.... all at the same time

recently, if you are pugging in my time zone (EST)....these are the guys to look out for:

1. sad pandas.

most experienced pvp fleet in the game, profound ship builders. and possibly the best game planners / shot callers.... you will find them here. no fleet leader...everyone has a say.

2. inner circle

german by base, welll rounded, uncanny timing when a certain guy named hank is calling the shots. known to be on the tip of the curve as far as changes in the game are concerned.

3. evil grandpas

led by the very scary hannibal, these guys are vets that have just stared their run. we all know their handles and what they are capable of.

4. house of beautiful orions

by far the best klingon fleet. by so far its not even funny. you name it, they can field it...and melt your face. led by the taskmaster zelda, as fierce as he is frustrating. and backed up by the undeniable minimax. mini will kill you in .5 secs. he also dies about as fast.

5. enter name here

because the game is the way it is, and we are the way we are......there are a few notables that include: turkish rp heros, dissorderly conduct, tos veterans, rampartulle elaision, nova core, 7 flotte, 77 viper squad, and a few others, sorry if i forget...a little drunk....

all of the above is just based on my experience, in my timezone.... and like i said...a lot of fleets have coming and going players coming and going, and a lot of PVE fleets that field fantastic PVP guys....

have fun kill bad guys

horizon
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That's my list:

1. Sad Pandas: they are always at their maximum "effectivness" and they know always what to do exactly in any situation. Hard to beat, to me they symbolize the maximum pvp level in sto. They are also good players and always available for advices and help.
    2. Raumpatroullie Elysion: these guys are just surgeons. Every time they want to get a kill, they do, and with all their possibilities. Very professionals. Also good healers.
    3. Evil Grand Pas': when you are againt them and you are nuked, the time that passes between the debuff and kill is just 0. They are FAST, and i mean FAST to kill people, always prepared and ready.
    4. Nova Core: havent played much with/against them, but i recognize their value and i know that when they are prepared, they are able to create epic battles at the maximum level of pvp in sto.
    5. Turkish Rp Heroes: another great pvp fleet, we always have great battles with them, they play always with an excellent team synergy, a very difficult enemy

Sorry for hobos, in fact i did a fed list, but you are surely the best kdf pvp fleet out there :P
  • Options
    nebulgamnezarnebulgamnezar Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    4. House Of Beautiful Orions

By Far The Best Klingon Fleet. By So Far Its Not Even Funny. You Name It, They Can Field It...and Melt Your Face. Led By The Taskmaster Zelda, As Fierce As He Is Frustrating. And Backed Up By The Undeniable Minimax. Mini Will Kill You In .5 Secs. He Also Dies About As Fast.

Horizon

+1 :)
    [System] Link has been on active duty for 415 days, 23 hours, 9 minutes, 16 seconds.
    [System] Zelda has been on active duty for 126 days, 11 hours, 51 minutes, 48 seconds.

French Canadian
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nandospc wrote: »
    4. Nova Core: havent played much with/against them, but i recognize their value and i know that when they are prepared, they are able to create epic battles at the maximum level of pvp in sto.

Yeah, in the past when our old Darkstar team was still running.

The guys that remain don't even come close to touching the ability, nor success of our main Darkstar team.

That's Shift (the originator and leader of the team), Jorge, Tal, Me, Adam, Zelda, Markg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    1. Sad Pandas.

They are the gold standard. They took the throne from TSI and have not given it up yet.

Everyone else is on the outside looking in. We have to prove we are worthy of taking that spot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    evaalphaevaalpha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hmm ... hard to say. Pandas are good and had very clean builds some time ago, but even them exchanged skill for a huge amount of clickies by now. Not only that they defend themselves with Voth immune consoles, i also saw them black-holing, Iso'ing, TIFing and so on. Its rather sad actually.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There are no good players in this game. There is only me, who is bad, and the rest of you, who are worse.

What is PvP?

Is it a type of sandwich?

I want a PvP on rye plz.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    inexplicabletiminexplicabletim Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    1 Raumpatroullie Elysion

2 Evil Grandpas

3 Inner Circle

4 Sad Pandas

5 Nova Core
  • Options
    pieeatterpieeatter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    For the kdf its an easy choice
    1.hobo
    2.hobo
    3.hobo
    4.hobo
    5.hobo

As a matter of fact I think house of beautiful orions is the main reason feds don't like arena vs kdf unless the feds are in a premade...:)

BTW I like all the other fleets mentioned in this thread all very good teams.
    Punish the feds!!!
  • Options
    therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    1. QeW

2. Lore

3. TSI

4. FS :p

5. Mikey

6. Broken

7. Razor Fleet :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    malkeckmalkeck Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I havent pvp'd in ages and when i did near game launch i never paid much attention to fleets however i know some players in Battle Group M.A.C.O. that were amazing at pvp. If i had to pick a group i would say them although they do mostly in house stuff now and not much on the queues.
  • Options
    one4theagesone4theages Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    snoge00f wrote: »
    1. Sad Pandas.

They are the gold standard. They took the throne from TSI and have not given it up yet.

Everyone else is on the outside looking in. We have to prove we are worthy of taking that spot.

they never took it, pandas never earned it. they got it when TSI left.

the top pvp fleets, TSI , Inner Circle, TRH, Pandas, Nova Core. Nova used to be high up the list. but as snoog said alot of people from their A team is just not around anymore.

reason i still put TSI at the top of the list? they invented alot of game tactics we still see played to this day. they were the top testers of how things worked/interacted. they had the best healers, best dps'ers. solo yeah they kinda were meh. but again its a team game and thats where they excelled. no team to this day could ever come close to TSI. thoes guys could own premades and not even talk during a match. they had pure synergy.

Nova core may not be a strong fleet they have a very strong house name. same as panda and TSI. i knew of nova since s2 or s3? when trip and another dude would solo cap n hold.

both escourts had target engines 3 and would cycle it. i would get hit by trip, use an engine batt and when it came off his wing man would do the same. then came tractors and bo. both players use an mvam.

pandas, well mostly the same a team since day one and held a strong name. was really the only fleet i knew that could go toe to toe with TSI. they had some awesome battles.

TSI was just frustrating, either they would go all cruisers, single cannons, circle jerking each other with extend shields, and going rain bow procing whole teams. people would rage at that. or when they would play for real going all out like Tyson in a boxing match with 3x gw 3. if you thought pugs raged at premades, TSI made premades rage at their tactics.

Inner Circle, Hank made that fleet what it is today. he learned off of TRH and brought that to a fleet and repped it up that they just straight out pwn no matter what they run. you name it they did it.

TRH as i understand it, are a joke name to make people go wtf? rp'ers? but dont get mistaken, they are real players. its why i dont join them, i like to erp. but TRH brought so much to this game i dont think many people really know that. they evolved thier tactics to counter every stupid thing this game comes out with. remember when sub nuke doffs first came out? they learned the procing cycle and time frame of buffs. in that way they knew just when to super buff and get kills before the nuke doffs would strip off their buffs. yes we know Yoda came off as the best player in that fleet. but its a misconception. Yoda is a very good player. even 1v1. yes he keeps track of everyone's buffs, teams and enemies. but this was a team effort.

all of the above fleets that i listed are very great fleets, good people, and made an impact in the arts of pvp.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    evaalpha wrote: »
    Hmm ... hard to say. Pandas are good and had very clean builds some time ago, but even them exchanged skill for a huge amount of clickies by now. Not only that they defend themselves with Voth immune consoles, i also saw them black-holing, Iso'ing, TIFing and so on. Its rather sad actually.

well in todays pvp people/fleets needs to keep up with the times.

the clickies is a very questionable act. and i dont like the fact some fleet out there "MIGHT" be using 3rd party programs but we have to get used to that fact.

pvp is a very competitive nature.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    therealmt wrote: »
    1. QeW

2. Lore

3. TSI

4. FS :p

5. Mikey

6. Broken

7. Razor Fleet :p

lol i think mini is at the top of the list. also you listed BROKEN 2 times since he was in lore as well
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lol i think mini is at the top of the list. also you listed BROKEN 2 times since he was in lore as well

Mickey also spent some time in QEW in a short lived troll. At least that is what TIde said, I think he was just drunk with the invite button though. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited February 2014
    Mickey also spent some time in QEW in a short lived troll. At least that is what TIde said, I think he was just drunk with the invite button though. lol

man i miss mikey...

remember this gem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcOPN657uHY

and laughs were had by all....

ah, the good old days...
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't think there's any particular pecking order where PvP fleets are concerned. They are either PvP fleets, or they are not. Once a fleet chooses to focus on PvP, that's pretty much half the job done.

Then again, there are fleets that are famous or infamous for one reason or another. But that doesn't lend itself to putting any particular fleet ahead of another.

The well-known ones have pretty much all been mentioned already, so I don't think I need to repeat them here.

But then, hmm......one wonders if there are many players people see as good outside of such well-known fleets.
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gibbspt wrote: »

Here we go again... What's this now, six ego stroking space PvP threads within the past 45 days?
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    realminirealmini Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Here we go again... What's this now, six ego stroking space PvP threads within the past 45 days?

pvp sucks.

player vs random number generator ftw

*rolls the unrollable 20-20sperfect infinite vape shot

/minimax deals (more than you will ever) dmg to everyone and they dies
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    scurry5 wrote: »
    But then, hmm......one wonders if there are many players people see as good outside of such well-known fleets.

There are plenty of great players hanging around. Some of them are new, they tend to end up joining the larger fleets at some point.

There are also a lot of vet players sort of milling around the game all the time. Keeping reps up and stuff... perhaps doing the odd bit of PvP. Many of them are just burned on STO pvp.... however if things align you never know you could see people like Yak Hale Ghostwolf Ashgrey Teapower Soshin Gripplechew (ok he hasn't been keeping up really) Mavario Carter Glam and there are likely 20 more I am forgetting. Guys that are top tier PvP guys imo, that are just burned out and on extended maintenance, some keeping rep up, some just logging in for a peak.

This game has always been cyclical, ya never know which vet might come back for a 6 month stay in the ques... and then head out to another game again. I think most of us leave and come back a few times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Gripplechew

now that was a cool dude. he used to send me pm's to leave him alone when i would try to kill him in my defiant. like dude leave me alone or whats your problem?

lmao. he was always hunting some one. so i would jump on my kdf and go help him. and his build was very very simple. yet very effective. cool dude and i wish he would be back at some point even to just say hello.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

So don't reply. No one forced you to post in here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    elric071elric071 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't think I can say best to worst, but our team always hates (perhaps not hate...more like "here we go again") to come up against Sad Pandas, 32nd Vipers, TRPH, Nova Core....Those are the ones that immediately come to mind. I am sure there are others I am forgetting, sorry 'bout that...

@thishorizon, thanks for the honorable mention :D

Qapla'!

Edit: Changed the name of the Vipers
    Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Co-Founder of TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
  • Options
    elric071elric071 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    32nd Vipers.

Thanks for mentioning us even though ppl got our fleet name wrong.

Sorry man :o

When we get you guys, we usually just refer to you as the Vipers. I went through the thread to find another mention of your fleet and found one, so I copied it...LOL

I'll get it right next time...hehe

Qapla'!
    Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Co-Founder of TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
  • Options
    vexashenvexashen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Id like to throw out a different sort of list.

Back when tos vets first started to pvp we were cannon fodder for pugs even. Our builds were a mess. Our tactics were a mess. We would bring 4 or 5 tacs and wonder why nothing died.

Horizon and Yoda. Man those 2 guys did so much for us. Since our first days we have run a few matches as a blended team with turkish and its really taught us a ton. Since then a few other guys mostly from Turkish have stepped in and helped out. Ive talked builds and tactics with guys like Stike and a few others, and horizon and I have our random build chats. Im always trying to drag some panda hax out of him! lol.

A good fleet doesnt just run out to stomp the queues. A good fleet stomps you and then tells you what you did wrong.

These fleets have helped us to be stronger and as a result we have helped a couple other fleets out in turn. The game could use alot more of that mentality. PvP would be alot stronger in this game with some honest advice flowing on the boards. The PvP bootcamp guys should get a nod here as well. Ive never run with them but they do a great service.
    The ORIGINAL SERIES VETERANS www.Tosfleet.com
    [SIGPIC]http://file3.guildlaunch.net/205090/DVhexishensig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Cruisers with mk x common in infected elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q82PqoFFxjc
    Cruisers with good gear in infected elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMnFljZD9m8
    Soloing Infected Elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaEFICFx4E8&feature=youtu.be