Install Arc
Options

Fleet PVP ranks

2»

Comments

• Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Id like to nominate Vice Squad the fleet most likely to have people leave the match on us. Also the most likely to cause Zone and OPvP rage posts.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    capthachicapthachi Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Id like to nominate Vice Squad the fleet most likely to have people leave the match on us. Also the most likely to cause Zone and OPvP rage posts.

I'll second this.

Vice Squad most hated pvp fleet!!!

TaylorSwift / LindseyLohan
    -TaylorSwift - PvPs most hated sci
    -LindseyLohan - Under appreciated Rom Bug
    -EmiliaClarke - Under construction engi recluse
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    LAG is always fun to go up against and a great challenge against my KDF, one of the fed fleets that doesn't hide from FvK. Still fun even if I am pugging on my Fed and go up against them even though it will be a loss. Surprised nobody mentioned them.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    one4theagesone4theages Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2014

wishful thinking perhaps?

at this point people are not raging cause the player is good. they rage at broken mechanics in play. if thats what people pride themselves on then well im not sure what to say.

other people rage that they need to grind or have stupid amount of ec just to be on par. faw team? sorry not impressive. people using epts epte not impressive. placate proc, not impressive, dil consoles and spire consoles? not impressive. most people, if they had to go back into c-store ships, strip off the dil consoles and spire TRIBBLE, rep traits would flat out suck.

sorry but to brag or boast at this point about skills a player thinks they have is just disillusion.
  • Options
    freenos85freenos85 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wishful thinking perhaps?sorry but to brag or boast at this point about skills a player thinks they have is just disillusion.

You could brag, but you would have to purposefully limit yourself. The catch then being, that nobody would believe you and you'd be called being bad. As long as everyone can use everything in pvp in this game (and there is no pvp rules enforcement) nobody can be called good.

Although i'd like to nominate Security Division. One of them flies a nasty Risian Corvette, that would make everyone feel slow and feeble by comparison.
  • Options
    uraziel0815uraziel0815 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Id say: Sad Pandas and Inner Circle, the only fleets that are a real challenge.

I wouldnt list TSI and TRH, cause sadly they belong to the past and field no Teams.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    True, i just realized i forgot to mention Lag Industries in my post, another very very good pvp fleet. We have always done great matches with them, they are very competitive ;)
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    LAG is always fun to go up against and a great challenge against my KDF, one of the fed fleets that doesn't hide from FvK. Still fun even if I am pugging on my Fed and go up against them even though it will be a loss. Surprised nobody mentioned them.

yay.... ur the 4th. and nandos ur toupet ^^ :D. no offense on the others, just couldn't resist :rolleyes:.

all are already mentioned and idrc if lag is determined as a top pvp fleet. we rock on every level, but some/many may do so more :cool:. what gives, luv ya all :).
  • Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    To say the truth, these days, Pandas are more into doing mixed match PvP TD style. Seem to have more fun that way and a hell of a lot less qq. Last proper premade match was well over 2 months ago. Lately it's been Pandas and whoever is on TS vs premades. Some we won, some lost but fun never the less.

Don't get me wrong, we can field a few premades but can't be motivated to do it now. If push came to shove, maybe.

Last weekend was just awesome. Solid 12 hours of pew pew. People constantly joined and left. Started at midnight and went to bed in the afternoon. Dunno how Horjan managed it from begining to end.

Ask yourself this: Why do you need fleets to PvP?

Also good to see new fleets out there pew pewing :)

In summary make fleet ranks irrelevant. Much more fun that way.
  • Options
    usshannibalusshannibal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    you prolly wont get that many replies... honestly, the pvp fleet scene is quite in misery...

there just are not that many top level fleets out there...you may get a better response asking who are the best players....but that will be definitely skewed by preference/timezone...

and has herb stated...are there 5 pvp fleets?

its true...and sad.... all at the same time

recently, if you are pugging in my time zone (EST)....these are the guys to look out for:

1. sad pandas.

most experienced pvp fleet in the game, profound ship builders. and possibly the best game planners / shot callers.... you will find them here. no fleet leader...everyone has a say.

2. inner circle

german by base, welll rounded, uncanny timing when a certain guy named hank is calling the shots. known to be on the tip of the curve as far as changes in the game are concerned.

3. evil grandpas

led by the very scary hannibal, these guys are vets that have just stared their run. we all know their handles and what they are capable of.

4. house of beautiful orions

by far the best klingon fleet. by so far its not even funny. you name it, they can field it...and melt your face. led by the taskmaster zelda, as fierce as he is frustrating. and backed up by the undeniable minimax. mini will kill you in .5 secs. he also dies about as fast.

5. enter name here

because the game is the way it is, and we are the way we are......there are a few notables that include: turkish rp heros, dissorderly conduct, tos veterans, rampartulle elaision, nova core, 7 flotte, 77 viper squad, and a few others, sorry if i forget...a little drunk....

all of the above is just based on my experience, in my timezone.... and like i said...a lot of fleets have coming and going players coming and going, and a lot of PVE fleets that field fantastic PVP guys....

have fun kill bad guys

horizon

hey horizon, nice to see you back ingame ;).

I can agree to your statement regarding the pvp fleet scene being in its biggest crisis so far. there are only a few remaining pvp fleets that partcipate in pvp actively and by actively i mean partcipations in tournaments or private matches. it is really sad that many many pvp-fleets were abandoned and most of their members stopped playing the game but every crisis will have an end and for that reason i hope the activities and the numbers of potential fleets, deciding to acquire an interest in pvp, will rise again.

The Evil Grandpas which i used to be the head of their pvp-department was basically the result when Inner Circle began to break apart. Most of the veteran pvpers left and founded this fleet. But with the creation of this fleet we also recruited members from pure pve-fleets and introduced them into the enjoyment of pvp :D
    it is surprising but there are alot of pvers who are pretty interested and ambitious in everything around team pvping. They were full of vigour and willing to learn it and to improve themselves. They were astonished by the atmosphere and the competition as well as the coordination during pvp matches which is required to be successful.

I think the only way to enhance the situation of the pvp-community is to bring new guys into the pvp-fleet scene. There are definetely a bunch of PvE-Players out there that are talented and have a great potential to become top pvpers in this game and if they keep working on themselves they probably might earn the same reputation like the former top pvp-fleets TSI, TRH, Critz and so on. It is up to us if we enrich the community with new players and restore the pvp-fleet scene like it used to be in the old times. Consequently the actual pvpers and pvp-fleets determine the future of pvp. If we do not advertise for pvp anymore the pvp scene in this game is very likely to break down.

Due to unforseen circumstances i decided to leave the Grandpas and return to Inner Circle since it was my first fleet where i learned everything around pvp from veteran players. I had a great time and enjoyed all the tournaments, the practice and the competetion so now i am glad that IC is reforming and celebrate their comeback in pvp as the first of the elder pvp-fleets probably. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=Hannibal - Inner Circle PvP-Department=-
    Hannibal's YouTube PvP-channel (under construction)
    More Inner Circle PvP-Action worth watching from: Hank, Mira Theng and Zimbilimbim
  • Options
    oridjerraaoridjerraa Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I had the pleasure of being active with ToS Veterans for 2 years. Most of us don't PvP everyday and I would not call the fleet a pvp fleet. Those of us that enjoy it, myself included, participate with the desire to hold our own against the real, exceptional pvp fleets.

Its a lot of fun, but can also be very frustrating all around. We have our own code of conduct when operating in the general queues. Being vaped is no where near as bad as lockdown, cheese heavy denial teams. We try to avoid using that stuff unless it's ugly face rears itself in a match. We never lockdown pugs we encounter and always thank them for the match.

I have nothing but the highest respect for the incredible players and teams that quite often kick our teeth in without cheese. Nothing is more formidable to me than someone who challenges us to beat us straight up, shot for shot.

Brody
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Any fleet (or even any group of friends with out a fleet tag), of any faction, that manage to maintain 5 player that play a PVP match at least once a week together in this game and in the current state of the system and have FUN should be in the top 5. Even if that means that we have 20 fleets in the top 5.
    So, I applaud all the fleets that still manage to survive and have the PVP as an objective (even if is one of many), no matter how many you guys are, how good you ppl are or how much their members invest in their builds.. I still applaud you.

Sorry for bad English.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    gibbsptgibbspt Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Any fleet (or even any group of friends with out a fleet tag), of any faction, that manage to maintain 5 player that play a PVP match at least once a week together in this game and in the current state of the system and have FUN should be in the top 5. Even if that means that we have 20 fleets in the top 5.
    So, I applaud all the fleets that still manage to survive and have the PVP as an objective (even if is one of many), no matter how many you guys are, how good you ppl are or how much their members invest in their builds.. I still applaud you.

Sorry for bad English.

winning post right here...

You sir got the point of what a game is, and what pvp is and in my opinion that beats every top whatever :P ::like::
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Federation :: Fleetless :: Klingon
    Jorge Silva - Tac | Nayja - Sci | Jorge E. Silva - Eng
    Jorge R. Silva - Tac (Romulan Fed)
    Nayja K Silva - Sci | Vurg'jah - Tac
  • Options
    starbaseabcstarbaseabc Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Mini and I Hands down VS ALL!

Strike/Janus
  • Options
    pieeatterpieeatter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i would like to nominate star fleet dental as a top 5 pvp fleet since no one mentioned them in any of the previous pages... snicker snicker...
    Punish the feds!!!
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    pieeatter wrote: »
    i would like to nominate star fleet dental as a top 5 pvp fleet since no one mentioned them in any of the previous pages... snicker snicker...

I was in a cap and hold last week, or the week before, and there was one dental guy on the OPFOR, and I made it a mission to farm him every time I saw him. Killed him 10 times, there was no drama about it but it was funny.

Some dental guys are pretty good at pvp, this guy wasnt O_o
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    pieeatterpieeatter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I was in a cap and hold last week, or the week before, and there was one dental guy on the OPFOR, and I made it a mission to farm him every time I saw him. Killed him 10 times, there was no drama about it but it was funny.

Some dental guys are pretty good at pvp, this guy wasnt O_o

i know some of them are good i like poking at them its all in fun though...
    Punish the feds!!!