• Options
    writelikeamanwritelikeaman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No love for the Vo'Quv.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I like this news.

Although I am hoping the hoh'sus is getting some thing new for the wings though thats only thing I can't stand seeing lol with all the holes in those two wings/pylons.

As well I am hoping that (4) that we don't have access to as fleet ships or atleast the costume being carried over to similar ships. Like the b'rel gets that Qaw'dun costume but the fleet b'rel does not get it.

Of those mentioned we do not have fleet versions of:

B'Rotlh Class Bird of Prey
    Qaw'Dun Class Bird of Prey
    Puyjaq Class Raptor
    SuQob Class Raptor

So hopefully we can get some of those in fleet versions to buy.
  • Options
    resolutevoiceresolutevoice Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Are they are out now? I can't see the option on my fed ships.

Then again my ships are all either fleet or lockbox/mirror universe ships.... I can't dismiss and reclaim these ships to enable the type 5 material.

What do people with non-reclaimable ships do to acquire the new material??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    walshicus wrote: »
    Also, please please please can we get Starfleet materials for Andorian/Vulcan/Caitian ships?
    But... but they're not Starfleet ships. :(
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »

They're ships made by Federation member worlds which are operated by Starfleet crews. Just like traditional designs like the Galaxy are ships made by Federation member worlds and operated by Starfleet crews.

They're not *Earth* ships.

Fictionally it makes more sense to have Vulcan/Andorian/etc. design philosophies carried through into Starfleet than it does for the entire Federation to be defended by ships designed according to Earthen aesthetics. :)
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    grievasgrievas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thank you very much for the updated and additional skins!

also I'd like to use this opportunity and ask a question about the KDF and Romulan fleet skins.

On some models (prominent examples are the fleet D'deridex or Ha'apax and the fleet K'tinga) the fleet skins seem kind of disorganized or random in that the details don't flow into each other on adjacent surfaces or panels. Is this intentional or is it this way because of time constraints? Other than that I really like the fleet skins and would like them to be of top quality.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Fleet ships unlock the fleet material.

Incidentally, what about ships that aren't going to get fleet versions; such as the Odyssey C-Store variants and promotional Steamrunner-class? They're already "technically" 10 console slot fleet ships to begin with, so is there a way of having the fleet hull material unlocking for them if you own one of those ships and are a part of a fleet?
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Fleet ships unlock the fleet material. Many store-purchased Klingon ships unlock the Type 3.

Hopefully the "romulan fleet" material for the Fleet Ar'Kif will be fixed in the ship tailor when this update goes live.
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Incidentally, what about ships that aren't going to get fleet versions; such as the Odyssey C-Store variants and promotional Steamrunner-class? They're already "technically" 10 console slot fleet ships to begin with, so is there a way of having the fleet hull material unlocking for them if you own one of those ships and are a part of a fleet?

+1 to this. I'd love to have access to fleet windows/escape pods and the fleet material on my Odyssey and Vesta classes.
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Will echo the question another asked:

Will these new skins be available for the Dyson destroyers? As in both the anniversary 9 console version and the C-Store version when that is released??

Also, on some of the leaked pics of the Dyson destroyers before they went live, the ships appeared to have a darkish hull with the Dyson purple glow. Will we get this skin, as I thought it looked cool, and sinister...
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    I was excited before I read this as I thought it was going to be about customising the bridge and thought there would be a MU bridge skin of MU lockbox ships. Only to find out its regarding KDF ship matierials and not even for the ships I have. Oh well excitement is gone.

You should never look a gift horse in the mouth. Not only did the devs give us new materials, they gave them away for free.

Not originally, but now that they're operated by Starfleet they should be able to be repainted however the player wants.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    turbionturbion Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    More options are always nice, so thanks for that. But I am disappointed to see that the Korath will get the new skin, whereas the Krenn won't (and buying the Korath in order to unlock the skin on Krenn is absolutely ridiculous).
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    umaeko wrote: »
    Hopefully the "romulan fleet" material for the Fleet Ar'Kif will be fixed in the ship tailor when this update goes live.

+1 to this. I'd love to have access to fleet windows/escape pods and the fleet material on my Odyssey and Vesta classes.

Yes! Please don't leave out the Vesta. It would be nice to see some of the oldest ships get something as well. The AE, Defiant, Galaxy X, TOS Connie, Constitution Refit, and the many Klingon ships like the Vo'Quv and B'Rel that have been sadly missed by this addition.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So what is the ship material? Looks like you add gloss the hull. Otherwise, yeah free stuff.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    walshicus wrote: »
    They're ships made by Federation member worlds which are operated by Starfleet crews. Just like traditional designs like the Galaxy are ships made by Federation member worlds and operated by Starfleet crews.

They're not *Earth* ships.

Fictionally it makes more sense to have Vulcan/Andorian/etc. design philosophies carried through into Starfleet than it does for the entire Federation to be defended by ships designed according to Earthen aesthetics. :)
    Starfleet is an organization based from Earth. The Vulcan/Andorian/etc ships aren't designed on Earth. Remember, Starfleet don't have the entirety of Federation's starships.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Starfleet hull materials on them. I just think it's unlikely because they're not Starfleet ships.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    B'Roth gets the type-3 but B'rel doesn't ... uh?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The B'rel and Koloth BoPs would probably automatically get the hull material once the B'Rotlh is unlocked.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    LoL thanks!

A GPL ship skin huh? That would be a very hunted ship

Maybe GPL highlights with Ferengi patterns on them.

On a related note, maybe the shield visuals as hull options for people who own the sets and have Lobi to spare.

Maybe with a few extra options like temporal-based hulls for other ships for owners of the temporal set, etc.
  • Options
    tenjefftenjeff Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This doesn't seem to be live yet, or it isn't available for the Oddy. Anyone know what is going on with this? Do I have to remove my ship, and re-purchase from the store to get the Type 5 to show?
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tenjeff wrote: »
    This doesn't seem to be live yet, or it isn't available for the Oddy. Anyone know what is going on with this? Do I have to remove my ship, and re-purchase from the store to get the Type 5 to show?

it's not live yet. keep an eye on the patch notes. normally an update on a Thursday.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Weird isn't it since the b'rel is the only one of those two that is a T5 ship.
    The B'rel and Koloth BoPs would probably automatically get the hull material once the B'Rotlh is unlocked.

One problem is if you own the fleet b'rel you don't get the b'rotlh costume option. Its kind of a trend they push something out figuring they will put it in later since no one would be able to get the fleet version when they put it out. Then they keep putting it off and putting it off and never get it working right or even attempting to fix the problem.
  • Options
    bladewolf5bladewolf5 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nice, please continue to create more skins.:D
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    One problem is if you own the fleet b'rel you don't get the b'rotlh costume option. Its kind of a trend they push something out figuring they will put it in later since no one would be able to get the fleet version when they put it out. Then they keep putting it off and putting it off and never get it working right or even attempting to fix the problem.
    I don't see a problem. The B'rotlh is a Z-store ship. The Fleet B'rel isn't the B'rotlh. But purchasing the B'rotlh does unlock the B'rotlh skin for any B'rel variant ship.

Same way with Fed and Rom 2409 ships. You need to get the 2409 variant from the Z-store to unlock the perks of having a 2409 ship, such as the hull material of that time period.

That seemed to be the logic they were going for, at least. *shrug*
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nice gesture to release a few new hull materials. But the Oddy one looks like it was pulled from spacedock before the platings on the saucer front where added.
  • Options
    rileywolffrileywolff Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    These new skins are really nice and all, but I'd love to see the ship interiors get updated so they look better and so that bridge officers actually show up on the bridge.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm a fan of new ship materials. I may not use the Type 5 ship material, but I know there are likely many other players who will.

It does bring up a question, though...

... just what goes into the thought process of ship materials? Is there a kind of inspiration? Some kind of engineering premise or artistic theme, or some kind of special Star Trek metal being used for the hull? All I see are "Type" materials, the Veteran material, the Fleet material, etc.

But I don't really see much story behind each material and why they look the way they look. I'm not expecting an in-game lore explanation, but some explanations from the ship artists would actually be really nice and informative.

I'd rather have a dev blog explaining that then some of the other blogs. I mean if we can have dev blogs on why the designs of ships are the way they are, surely you guys can impart why the various ship materials look the way they do?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I don't see a problem. The B'rotlh is a Z-store ship. The Fleet B'rel isn't the B'rotlh. But purchasing the B'rotlh does unlock the B'rotlh skin for any B'rel variant ship.

Same way with Fed and Rom 2409 ships. You need to get the 2409 variant from the Z-store to unlock the perks of having a 2409 ship, such as the hull material of that time period.

That seemed to be the logic they were going for, at least. *shrug*

I'd go check your facts again because you CANNOT put a b'rothl costume on a fleet b'rel although it is a b'rel variant. I have every KDF unlock you can get so that isn't the issue. Although you have to ask yourself why would I just use the regular b'rel just for the costume when I already own many fleet b'rels which should have this option which they do not.

If you don't believe me go to the shipyard tailor yourself if you happen to own a fleet b'rel its not an option for those of us who purchased the fleet b'rels.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    More free stuff? :mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I'd go check your facts again because you CANNOT put a b'rothl costume on a fleet b'rel although it is a b'rel variant.
    My facts did not address that issue because I wasn't aware of it. =)
    If you don't believe me go to the shipyard tailor yourself if you happen to own a fleet b'rel its not an option for those of us who purchased the fleet b'rels.
    I have no reason not to believe you. I'll take your word for it.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    My facts did not address that issue because I wasn't aware of it. =)

I have no reason not to believe you. I'll take your word for it.

Okay I forgive you :P
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Okay I forgive you :P
    ...forgive me? Did I do something wrong...? :(