What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 8 Dev Blog #49

1235»

Comments

• happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So speaking of ships...

... any chance of the B'rel's windows getting fixed anytime soon? (since no matter what windows you use, the ones on the saucer, of all variants, always stays type 1)

Or having it's extra engines removed for that matter? (since the B'rel is supposed to have two central over/under engines, one red one yellow, and none off to the side by the "mission pods")
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes, you should. A certain group of Trojans didn't, and look how well that worked out for them.

Point taken. Still, unless there are a bunch of Borg nanoprobes that will pop out of this new material as soon as it's added, I don't think we need to look this one in the mouth. :cool:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Color me a tad bit disappointed, since I thought you guys were actually going to start selling ship material packs on the C-Store.

Cuz, you know, I'd totally buy those. :)

Still, this is awesome! Can't wait to try them out.

Color me a tad bit disappointed too, since I thought you guys were actually going to offer ship 'Costume' unlock projects.

Still, new skins is at least a recognition of people wanting to dress up their ships. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2014

To be honest, obtaining a shield that gives a skin, should unlock that skin option at the ship tailor. Some amazing skins available for the less cared about ships, but won't ever get used if always tied to a poor shield you'll never use.
    This. This would be a huge thing right there. Especially if it allowed us to layer two different shields. For instance the MACO Resilient with the Tron lines of the Aegis Covariant. That would be awesome.
    Yes, you should. A certain group of Trojans didn't, and look how well that worked out for them.

I'm fairly certain it was the Greeks who originated the phrase though ;)
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • hoipoloihoipoloi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Skins look fantastic jamJamz... any chance of getting the B'Rotlh Class Bird of Prey Form on the Fleet B'Rel so I can use your awesome skin?
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The return of "Type 5" material for the Feds will not hide the fact that the recent Federation ships are as ugly as hell. The Dyson science ship for the Feds looks like the love child of a Ski Doo and a box of Leggo. Perhaps the new Fed ships should be fitted with a special ability "Paper bag", so we can hide how ugly they are. More time should be spent on designing sexy Fed ships, or give the job to someone who knows and loves Federation ships. :(

While not a Fed player I must admit Cryptic have done very few decent Federation ship designs, most of them are extremely ugly which I am quite surprised as they have a real talent for designing non-Federation ships. Their Klingon, Orion and Romulan ships for example look rather awesome. Maybe they just don't have a feel for them, but then again there are so many Federation ships in this game perhaps they simply have run out of ideas. :D
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hrm. I have no Mogh skin available?

Reclaimed C-Store Mogh, but Fleet Mogh does not seem to have the Mogh skin option as pictured, only Fleet, 0, 1, 2, 3, and Veteran?
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jnohd wrote: »

Reclaimed C-Store Mogh, but Fleet Mogh does not seem to have the Mogh skin option as pictured, only Fleet, 0, 1, 2, 3, and Veteran?

I am having the same issue, I hope we don't have to re-buy our fleet ships just to use a material.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's always nice to have new materials (and bridges, too) for our ships, especially the Mogh one which is quite nice-looking.

Too bad the lockbox/alien ships always get the shaft in this area. Come on, guys, at least unlock the bridges for all ships like you did with the Dyson Destroyers, please.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jnohd wrote: »

The new ship materials ARE NOT LIVE YET!

They just went to the Tribble test server Friday, February 14. This most likely means they will go live this coming Thursday with the normal weekly maintenance.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2014

They just went to the Tribble test server Friday, February 14. This most likely means they will go live this coming Thursday with the normal weekly maintenance.

I didn't get the new materials at the tailor. I ve dismissed my Atrox and Constitution and bought them again. But I still have no T5 Constitution or Miranda Frigates for my Atrox.

Cryptic needs to fix this now or I will stop playing and they will never get money from me again. Why are these green Aliens forcing me to pay 10 Dollars a month when I do not get anything?

:D:D:D
    edited February 2014
    It says that c-store ships may need to be reclaimed for the new hull materials to show up at the tailor. Is there any possible way to avoid that when the new materials go live?

It isn't about the energy credits. For those who don't know, when reclaiming a c-store ship you discharged, the first time you customize it at the tailor and the first time you rename it is free. Though it still costs 1k EC to change the bridge and 1k EC to change the interior size layout if applicable for a total of 2k.

This is about the time consuming tasks. When reclaiming c-store ships they come with ALL equipment they came with the first time you claimed it. This includes common quality weapons/shield array/deflector/engines/warp core, as well as any special items such as special weapons on certain ships (quad cannons, wide angle quantum torpedo, etc.) and any special universal consoles.

It takes time to discard all the equipment you don't want, customize the ship at the broken tailor*, reassign your bridge officers to ship stations, and set up your space ability tray all over again. I imagine when discharging a ship the saved loadouts go with it.

*Broken ship tailor: When customizing a ship at the tailor, no matter what colors you pick for either color palette, it won't show up on the ship at all. You have to click a ship class under 'Template' (if applicable, some ships don't have this option), or click the randomize button causing you to manually select all ship parts (nacelles, saucer, pylons, etc.) in the advanced options, and reselect patterns for the parts, before the colors will show up.

If I remember right, the ship tailor has had this problem since some time before LoR launched. :mad:
    edited February 2014
    I didn't get the new materials at the tailor. I ve dismissed my Atrox and Constitution and bought them again. But I still have no T5 Constitution or Miranda Frigates for my Atrox.

Cryptic needs to fix this now or I will stop playing and they will never get money from me again. Why are these green Aliens forcing me to pay 10 Dollars a month when I do not get anything?

:D:D:D

/facepalm

I would shoot myself in the head with a phaser but the power cell is dead. Can I borrow yours?
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2014

/facepalm

I would shoot myself in the head with a phaser but the power cell is dead. Can I borrow yours?

Sure sure.

Hmm this T5 Constitution thing bothers me. Maybe I should start a thread with a proposal? I bet this will help. And I want to have the JJ one too,

I will do 2 threads...
    edited February 2014
    Sure sure.

Hmm this T5 Constitution thing bothers me. Maybe I should start a thread with a proposal? I bet this will help. And I want to have the JJ one too,

I will do 2 threads...

LoL. Glad to see a sense of humor on the forums. We need more of that. :D
  • echoonealphaechoonealpha Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sure sure.

I will do 2 threads...

There will be no ships from alternate reality ever. that constution class is as big as sovereign class. or perhaps what you want is dreadnought class U.S.S. vengeance? if you want a dreadnought class, use Odyssey Class. 4 times bigger and 5 times faster in warp speed than your average constitution/excalibur/vesper class...
    Alexander Volkov, a man who has a vision of a militarized Starfleet since he reached Admiralty...