What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tides of War - now recruiting! Mature gaming community

Comments

• Options
    cotp0maurafeycotp0maurafey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As of 2013-12-19 I, Maurafey, have resigned effective immediately from Tides of War, Star Trek Online, chapter.

The Fleet CO has been afk for over 6 months, neither plays the game, nor leads from the front. Over the last few weeks, it is clear that the remaining leadership is not interested in removing the afk CO, so the fleet suffers with no direction.

One can not refer new members to a leaderless fleet in good conscience, so neither will I.

Please remove my name from the front page of this fleet advertisement as Recruitment Officer.

Maurafey
    Covenant of the Phoenix - Fed | Covenant of the Phoenix - KDF www.cotp.info

“What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite.” —Bertrand Russell
  • Options
    duketbarduketbar Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    TS is not required, but you will never experience the full game and environment of a fleet without some kind of viop. Typing = death

We can fix that performance issue
    Tides of War Fleet Staff contacts:
    @duketbar (Fleet Officer)
    Tides of War Website
    Team Speak: ts.tidesofwar.net - no port, no pass (or simply type ToW in address bar of TS client)
  • Options
    edwin8472edwin8472 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I come by and check u guys out
  • Options
    madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    duketbar wrote: »
    TS is not required, but you will never experience the full game and environment of a fleet without some kind of viop. Typing = death

We can fix that performance issue

some people can't talk at all, as in they are mute. they still are good people.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    some people can't talk at all, as in they are mute. they still are good people.

Yes, Very true... and we handle it this way:

You.. listen on TS
    You speak via typing on Fleet Chat

Now, if one can't hear.. then it is a bit of a problem. If you are deaf, then you have learned via life experience to type in Fleet Chat... and just wait until someone can respond.

On Team speak with can communicate via voice and fight at the same time.. its essential to team play in many situation... but we are not going to leave a handicapped person out in the cold... we will find a way.
    Tides of War Website
    Team Speak: ts.tidesofwar.net - no port, no pass (or simply type ToW in address bar of TS client)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    As of 2013-12-19 I, Maurafey, have resigned effective immediately from Tides of War, Star Trek Online, chapter.

The Fleet CO has been afk for over 6 months, neither plays the game, nor leads from the front. Over the last few weeks, it is clear that the remaining leadership is not interested in removing the afk CO, so the fleet suffers with no direction.

One can not refer new members to a leaderless fleet in good conscience, so neither will I.

Please remove my name from the front page of this fleet advertisement as Recruitment Officer.

Maurafey

You wish is complied with and your name has been removed.

Maurafey, this post you made is really beneath you. I am surprised and disappointed that you would make such a post. You remind me of a kid you didn't get his way so he took his ball and went home.

No, the 'leadership' is not going to remove the so called afk CO. This person logged in every day and keep all the projects going on SB. His job situation has changed and he now plays 2-4 hours per day.

A Commanding Officer does not need to lead from the front, he can command from the command center. The Fleet had and has direction, it just was not in the direction you felt the fleet should be going in. We ( the fleet) did not and does not suffer.

"The remaining Leadership".. is leadership and did very well. The Co-op Leadership of this fleet keep "Fun Events", STF's and PvP stuff going on all the time.. this you know. You were the only unhappy person.

I wish you well with your new fleet and hope you have found a home your comfortable with. You have plenty of talents and were the best dog-gone recruiter I think we ever had. You did a really good job while on board with Tides of War.. thank you .

Good Luck my Friend.

/Tbar
    Tides of War Website
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Tides of War Website
  • Options
    badome215badome215 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hey guys im a vice admiral on the fed side im looking for a fleet only on twice or 3 times a week but I wanna have something to do when im on so if u could message me o
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    badome215 wrote: »
    hey guys im a vice admiral on the fed side im looking for a fleet only on twice or 3 times a week but I wanna have something to do when im on so if u could message me o

Sent friend request, you don't allow message's from anyone but 'friends' in the ARC/Forum system.

Check our recruiting post for contacts within game. I'll try and look up your name in game but without a handle.. that might be tough. my handle in game is Duke_Tbar if you want to send me in game mail.. . then I can send invite, etc
    Tides of War Website
  • Options
    chaosnexus#5539 chaosnexus Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If I were only 30.
  • Options
    badome215badome215 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    oh yea its badome467
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Welcome to Tides of War badome

Fed and Klink
    Tides of War Website
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    SB is now Level 15 :)

Dil Mine - Tier 3 (Final)
    Embassy Tier 2
    Spire Tier 1
    Starbase Tier 3

One upgrade to SB for Tier 4
    Two Upgrades to embassy it will be final Tier 3
    Spire - Buring for Tier2 at current time.
    Tides of War Website
  • Options
    vallden1vallden1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hello
    I am interested in joining your Fleet/game community. I played STO about 2 and a half years ago. I stopped just as the foundry was entering beta. A lot has changed since then. Fleets were just people playing together. Now there are Star Bases, Embassies and other facilities that I am not familiar with. I have been playing for 3 weeks trying to get my space legs back. I am at a point where I feel I can contribute to a Fleet in STO. I visited the ToW site and think I would be a good fit with your whole community. My user name for ARC/STO forum is vallden1. STO in game is @vallden. I hope I am online if you consider me for the Fleet.

Thanks
    Valden

P.S. I have been trying the STO contacts from time to time. Just randomly checking if someone is on.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    vallden1 wrote: »
    Hello
    I am interested in joining your Fleet/game community. I played STO about 2 and a half years ago. I stopped just as the foundry was entering beta. A lot has changed since then. Fleets were just people playing together. Now there are Star Bases, Embassies and other facilities that I am not familiar with. I have been playing for 3 weeks trying to get my space legs back. I am at a point where I feel I can contribute to a Fleet in STO. I visited the ToW site and think I would be a good fit with your whole community. My user name for ARC/STO forum is vallden1. STO in game is @vallden. I hope I am online if you consider me for the Fleet.

Thanks
    Valden

P.S. I have been trying the STO contacts from time to time. Just randomly checking if someone is on.

I have been looking for you as well :)
    Hope we hook up soon...
    Tides of War Website
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Welcome to Tides of War Vallden !
    Tides of War Website
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    We are in need of a dedicated STO type person who has Management Skills. Further info upon contact. In game contact: @Duke_Tbar
    Tides of War Website
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Welcome Aboard... Roland
    Tides of War Website
  • Options
    vallden1vallden1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    duketbar wrote: »
    Welcome to Tides of War Vallden !

Thanks for the welcome. It is good to find a nice game community after more than two years of not playing STO. So much has changed since I last logged on. You guys have been very helpful in teaching me about the new content and features. More than I would have ever found on my own. Thanks again.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    We have opened up recruiting again

Tides of War is a Fleet that has been in STO since day 1.

Team Oriented
    Not Pushy
    Laid Back
    No Rules you can't live with.
    Have TS if you care to use it (learn faster with use)
    STF, PVP, PvE, etc.. do it all.
    Have website and all that junk if you care to use it.
    Prefer to play solo most of the time? .. that is ok also.
    Yes - Fleet is active. Mgmt is stable.

Have Gun, Will Travel.

Contact a member of they fleet.. they can all invite.
    Tides of War Website
  • Options
    joeinahatjoeinahat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i have just started my journey onto the alpha quadrant and im in love but im in dire need of company tides of war sounds like a group id fit in well with.....so how do i get involved what s the first step
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    joeinahat wrote: »
    i have just started my journey onto the alpha quadrant and im in love but im in dire need of company tides of war sounds like a group id fit in well with.....so how do i get involved what s the first step

First Step would be to contact me in game @Duke_Tbar is my handle.

Send me an in game mail so I have your name in game.
    Tides of War Website
  • Options
    randomgrahamrandomgraham Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hi, im quite new to the game but would love to join your fleet.

My ingame name is @RandomGKL, not sure how or who to contact ingame (been playing solo so far lol).

I'm a 31yo male from England.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

My ingame name is @RandomGKL, not sure how or who to contact ingame (been playing solo so far lol).

Same as last poster :)

1ST step.. contact me in game. Handle @Duke_Tbar.
    Send me an in game mail to my handle with your handle so I can contract you as well.

Read the first post in this thread.. there is a 'click me' Team Speak link.. you can snoop us out and perhaps just flip on down to the STO rooms and chat .. we don't bite.
    :rolleyes:
    Tides of War Website
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Welcome to Tides of War Mr Random :)
    Tides of War Website
  • Options
    riogarriogar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A few Questions about your Fleet. How active do you need to be. (I have 3 girls a wife and 5 cats I may get in an hour maybe 2 a day if I lose an hour of sleep lol) My second question is how friendly to new players. I actually played this at launch and dropped it shortly after. Just picked up the game again and thinking I
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ATTN: Capt riogar

I have 3 girls a wife and 5 cats I may get in an hour maybe 2 a day if I lose an hour of sleep lol

I like you already !!

My second question is how friendly to new players. I actually played this at launch and dropped it shortly after

We are friendly to all.. even new players !

Tides of War is NOT a Guild or Clan out here in the real world.. it is a 'Gaming Community for Like Minded People'. Our STO Fleet is not owned by an 'individual' but by the Community. Our Fleet is managed by those that 'step up' within the community. When one joins our fleet.. they join our community as well.

:) We are a 'teaching' Fleet.
    :) If you are a Gentleman.. then there are very few rules and I am sure what rules there are you will not have a problem with.
    :) Team Speak, Website, Fleet Alliances, Facebook, Twitter, etc and so forth... we have all the amenities.... IF you care to use them.

You are an adult.. we don't tell adults what they can and can't do. Respect governs in most cases. There are no rules about minimum play time etc.

It does not matter how good a player you are, how often you play .. or if your a free player, etc; What matters is that you have fun. ;)

If you care to follow up my in-game handle is: @Duke_Tbar
    You might also like to review the First and Second post of this thread... you will find a " click me" for Team Speak .. come lurk and check us out.
    Tides of War Website
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Welcome to our fleet Capt Quack
    Tides of War Website
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Welcome to our Fleet Alpha352 and Adamsorenson :)
    Tides of War Website
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Welcome to the fleet.. joeinahat
    Tides of War Website