test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tides of War - now recruiting! Mature gaming community

Comments

• duketbarduketbar Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Welcome to Tides of War Fed Fleet Rufus!
    Tides of War Fleet Staff contacts:
    @duketbar (Fleet Officer)
    Tides of War Website
    Team Speak: ts.tidesofwar.net - no port, no pass (or simply type ToW in address bar of TS client)
    edited November 2014
    Forming up groups and teams for Advanced and Elite. Players are placed by power levels.

You do not have to be a member of this fleet to join up on one of these teams, but you do have to be active and available 1 of three different time/zone/days
    Tides of War Website
    Team Speak: ts.tidesofwar.net - no port, no pass (or simply type ToW in address bar of TS client)
    edited November 2014
    Happy T'Day to all in the USA... G'Day to all the rest of you fine folks :)
    Tides of War Website
    edited December 2014
    Tis the season...

Welcome to the Fleet Mr Vor'dav
    Tides of War Website
    edited December 2014
    Welcome to Tides of War Mr Master Chief. BTW we have no mandatory rule that you must use Team Speak
    Tides of War Website
    edited December 2014
    Glad you found us Ryoko! Welcome to Tides of War:)
    Tides of War Website
    edited December 2014
    Welcome tothe fleet CaptJoie
    Tides of War Website
    edited December 2014
    ShadowMech73,

Message sent to you in-game ...
    I try to research as much as I can about a group vs just joining them...

Smart :)

Weird hours are A ok.. in fact we can use a few like you so I have someone to talk to in 'weird hours' :)

Ohio is kewl.. I"m in Fl :)

Our TS is easy to find... go to the first post of this thread there is a "click me" for our TS .. just come and nose around. There are no guards at the gate.
    Tides of War Website
    edited December 2014
    duketbar wrote: »
    ShadowMech73,

Message sent to you in-game ...

Smart :)

Weird hours are A ok.. in fact we can use a few like you so I have someone to talk to in 'weird hours' :)

Ohio is kewl.. I"m in Fl :)

Our TS is easy to find... go to the first post of this thread there is a "click me" for our TS .. just come and nose around. There are no guards at the gate.

Welcome to the Fleet Shadwo :)
    Tides of War Website
    edited December 2014
    Ok.. so I see a lot of post where people are "Looking for a new fleet", and a lot of different reasons. Its a shame that hard working, honest players can't get what they need from their current fleet.. I sure hope our fleet never goes that way where we can't take care of the needs of the players.

We are not a small fleet, but we are not a huge mega fleet either. We have most of everything done.. yet we manage to keep projects running so our folks have a place to make FC's. WE have friendly fleets that help our players out in the area of needs we can't provide.. such as a T5 Shipyard, or T3 Spire when needed.. its a no problem thing. There are channels that help in this area as well.

So why does a person need a new fleet. Did the old fleet just go dead.. no players? We constantly bring in new blood. Seems 'games players' just need new games to focus on so they have new challenges and 'variety'. This is a good thing .. it should be encourages. Those players will come back when they need a change again.. or perhaps there is something new for them in STO.

Again.. why? Do some Fleet just forget its all about having fun? Political agenda's? How silly for a game environment.

Well I ponder this "Looking for a new fleet" thing.. I just don't understand. I"m sure there are a lot of reasons folks look for a new fleet.. I sure hope our folks never have that need. If one ever does..we will help them find what they are looking for.
    Tides of War Website
  • kryptstalkerkryptstalker Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hello, me and my wife recently have returned to play STO only to have found alot has changed. So we decided to start a fresh set of toons and we are looking for a fleet. Was on the forums and was reading about ToW. we both liked what we read and figured we would apply to ToW. you can reach me at @Kryptstalker. my toons name is Maximo. thanx and hope to hear from ya.
    edited January 2015
    Hello, me and my wife recently have returned to play STO only to have found alot has changed. So we decided to start a fresh set of toons and we are looking for a fleet. Was on the forums and was reading about ToW. we both liked what we read and figured we would apply to ToW. you can reach me at @Kryptstalker. my toons name is Maximo. thanx and hope to hear from ya.

Max,

Sent in-game mail as well as friend and fleet invite. Hope to see you soon :)
    Tides of War Website
    edited January 2015
    Welcome to Tides of War Stephen :)
    Tides of War Website
  • rsammyrsammy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I sure hope our folks never have that need.

You are doing a lot more than just hoping :)
  • mechshandsmechshands Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rsammy wrote: »
    You are doing a lot more than just hoping :)

Reading through this thread is rather amusing. People are lied to and told whatever they want to hear just to get them to join and see what they can be used for. Then you look and they post in everyones looking for a fleet threads regardless if their group fits or not. No wonder they have no numbers on that often.
    edited January 2015
    mechshands wrote: »
    Reading through this thread is rather amusing. People are lied to and told whatever they want to hear just to get them to join and see what they can be used for. Then you look and they post in everyones looking for a fleet threads regardless if their group fits or not. No wonder they have no numbers on that often.

mechshands,

Are you sure your in the right thread?

We don't lie to anyone. We are exactly what we say we are.
    We treat our members correct and right.
    We provide for our members as much as possible and then some.
    WE have numbers, and we have activity. Our SB is not hurting and is nearly full Tier.

I invite you to drop by our Team Speak and check us out for yourself. In fact we invite anyone to just drop by and check us out. You don't need a CO or boss to talk to.. talk to any member you see.
    Tides of War Website
    edited January 2015
    mechshands,

Are you sure your in the right thread?

We don't lie to anyone. We are exactly what we say we are.
    We treat our members correct and right.
    We provide for our members as much as possible and then some.
    WE have numbers, and we have activity. Our SB is not hurting and is nearly full Tier.

I invite you to drop by our Team Speak and check us out for yourself. In fact we invite anyone to just drop by and check us out. You don't need a CO or boss to talk to.. talk to any member you see.

Yep duke I am certainly in the right thread.

All you care about is your precious starbase, and how to use the members to get it maxed. You tell people whatever they want to hear in order to get numbers and use the people to get your starbase built. Its been seen on more then one occasion.

You don't have numbers in ts playing star trek. Other games maybe but not STO. Then you have the majority using voice activation you your get to hear every belch TRIBBLE noise keystroke or them yelling at their animals. Really wth why would you have something so disruptive and disrespectful.

You are the only semi leader thats around, so you are the face of the fleet, yet you do the things you do and use people and ask stupid questions like you have.

Hmm maybe people look for a new fleet because they are tired of the liars, desperate recruiters begging for people, or those that think the members are there to serve them. You ever stop to think why you have so many get tired of your lies and leave?
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mechshands wrote: »
    Yep duke I am certainly in the right thread.

All you care about is your precious starbase, and how to use the members to get it maxed. You tell people whatever they want to hear in order to get numbers and use the people to get your starbase built. Its been seen on more then one occasion.

You don't have numbers in ts playing star trek. Other games maybe but not STO. Then you have the majority using voice activation you your get to hear every belch TRIBBLE noise keystroke or them yelling at their animals. Really wth why would you have something so disruptive and disrespectful.

You are the only semi leader thats around, so you are the face of the fleet, yet you do the things you do and use people and ask stupid questions like you have.

Hmm maybe people look for a new fleet because they are tired of the liars, desperate recruiters begging for people, or those that think the members are there to serve them. You ever stop to think why you have so many get tired of your lies and leave?

you are mistaken, in sto there has been a cool down on player participation through out the game. TOW does have active players playing the game 24/7. not everyone goes on team speak, also on our team speak players are sometimes in other rooms talking to people that are playing other games.

as for starbase our starbase is tier 4 rapidly growing to tier 5. yes it is expected to contribute to make starbse complete but thats part of being in a fleet is contribution. as you will get out of it what you put in. meaning store access and ablity to purchase ships.

i do not know about the noices you speak of but im sure tbar will look into it. i personally have not had that problem as i have not been on the team speak server do to real life issues.
    BUT i play on a daily plus.

as for leaving not many have left our fleet, our fleet plays together, and very helpful. you my friend are sadly mistaken, and i dont appreiciate you disrespecting our fleet or our TBAR.
  • deaconslightdeaconslight Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As far as promoting the bases I've never been pushed to contribute but if the subject comes up I've been encouraged. Tbar tries to go out if his way to answer any questions or help set up someone's ship for better DPS. People have different personalities and that's what makes this fleet fun. As far as people burping or yelling or what ever. NOTHING stopped you from changing ts channels. And you could have brought it up with a ts admin or one of the leaders such as Tbar if you had a problem. As far as your problems you also need to grow up because this should have been brought up on the tow private forums or contacted a fleet leader and had your problems hashed out quietly. First you are as bad as everyone you have complained about in my eyes for dealing with these issues this way. Second, no one and nothing is perfect and if you expect everything to perfect and exactly the way you like it your in for a lot of disappointment in your furture.
    edited January 2015
    you are mistaken,

No I'm not mistaken, I saw it for an extended period and saw plenty leave. I saw anyone that looked your way accepted and saw people told the most important thing is the starbase and what we can get out of the people and what they case do fur the fleet and what can they be used for.
    i do not know about the noices you speak of but im sure tbar will look into it. i personally have not had that problem as i have not been on the team speak server do to real life issues.

LOL THAT is funny. You claim you haven't had that problem, yet you admit you have never been on the server. How can duke fix it if he is one of the biggest problems with it and refuses to stop voice activation and you have to hear everything?

Oh wait because its encouraged and obviously accepted. This by the only current person representing leadership means its only going to continue. Many refuse to join an already sparse TS because of the dis respectfulness, childishness and immaturity displayed by those who find it funny to hear every TRIBBLE and belch.

as for leaving not many have left our fleet, our fleet plays together, and very helpful. you my friend are sadly mistaken, and i dont appreiciate you disrespecting our fleet or our TBAR.

Not disresecpting anyone. Simply stating facts. The lies are strong with this one and seeing the thread and lies promoted to people is disgusting with the deceit.

The only person from leadership that is often on is duke, and he isn't an official leader, but tends to represent the fleet since he's the only one on on a regular basis. A nice guy, but many have raised concerns that fall on deaf ears.
    edited January 2015
    you are mistaken, in sto there has been a cool down on player participation through out the game. TOW does have active players playing the game 24/7. not everyone goes on team speak, also on our team speak players are sometimes in other rooms talking to people that are playing other games.

as for starbase our starbase is tier 4 rapidly growing to tier 5. yes it is expected to contribute to make starbse complete but thats part of being in a fleet is contribution. as you will get out of it what you put in. meaning store access and ablity to purchase ships.

BUT i play on a daily plus.

oviously you have issues. this is not the place to air your grievances. come on team speak and i will help you see the light.
  • sanguanesanguane Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I believe it was only part of a conversation that was heard. just before we took over another fleet (Eagals Nest) now called ToW III.
    Fleet credit is important for every player to obtain to purchase goods from the fleet system (Star Base, Embasy, Spire, etc.)
    I checked into to this for some one whom had concerns (Names With Held) and did advise them.:(
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited January 2015
    I feel like replying to this thead... excuse me if i get in someone else's business...

Anyhow, read the last couple of replies...

Gotta hate when a fleet recruitment threads are overturned, and made into a bashing war of loyal members and those who do not like the fleet... which seems to me like its the issue here. I know its not my thread or businesses, but I'd like to give a few tips.

1. Focusing on only in building starbase crushes a fleet. Ive lost several due to similar facts with my officers. Focus on enjoying the game and having fun with the fleet members.
    2. Forcing members to use outside programs to keep in touch with blah blah blah is crushing.
    3. Bashing a fleet's recruitment thread is imo really low. Sticking around to aggravate the situation is not, bueno.
    4. If the fleet is not what you are looking for, the a simple "leave guild" click of a button should be enough.
    5. Look for the positives in every fleet, not all fleets are alike and each one is unique.
    6. A fleet leader should never make himself look like a person in power, rather lower yourself, and have fun with members equally, new or vets.
    7. Lastly, just have fun. Let us turn this recruiting thread into something amazing.

I've probably said too much. Hehe!

Hope my humble intentions are seen, and I hope for the best in this fleet.

Salutations from a Fleet Leader at a near fleet you.

Comrademoco
    Fleet Admiral - "The 1st Fleet"
    edited January 2015
    generalmoco,

Intention understood.. and thanks for the words, its appreciated.

Moco, if your ever in our neighborhood... please feel free to drop by our TS and chat. You will find it very friendly.

/tbar
    Tides of War Website
    edited January 2015
    what time does that klingon round up start?
    edited January 2015
    i missed the klingon outing. got tied up with real life.
    edited January 2015
    i missed the klingon outing. got tied up with real life.

WE can add that to the events calendar
    Tides of War Website
    edited January 2015
    well if it added then maybe i would remember, lol quack quack
    edited January 2015
    wow, thread went all the way to page two. cant have that. lol quack quack
    edited January 2015
    good morning everyone.