Install Arc
Options

Romulan ship interior

2»

Comments

• Options
    chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    honestly, there are other warbirds that could fit the engine room.... what i would like is more bridge options. even all the feds have the same engine room, but we could get the DD brigde from TNG, the valdore bridge from nemesis, the bird of prey bridge from TOS......

there at least 3 other bridges we could have......and all we get is the one.....or the one from the scimitar....which i hated so much i use the normal bridge on my scimitar....
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wufangchu wrote: »
    Actually, the looked at Galaxy Quest.. Its the Omega 13..

I-don't-think-so-Tim.:)
    It's not the Omega 13

http://www.alicia-logic.com/capsimages/gq_034Omega13.jpg

it's the singularity engine from "Event Horizon"

http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/1076/231881-vlcsnap_2010_06_02_20h55m55s166_super.png
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »

Well i'll be dmned. I never saw event horizon but thats pretty amazing.. Youve got the Jodie Foster/Contact whirling rings and the bumpy shiatsu massage ball in there too. Galaxy quest has the shiatsu massage ball but not the Jody Foster/Contact rings.. Very interesting..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2014

Im glad I wasnt the only one that thought that
  • Options
    foxwalkerfoxwalker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I kind of remember one of the first encounters, and seeing the image from the Enterprise. It seemed to me the Warbird, was more submarine like. Very close quarters. A group of Officers standing very close together.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    reximuz wrote: »
    I'd rather have the cool one Cryptic made then the $20 set redress they had to use on TNG.

Gotta love that singularity cabinet. (To be fair, it is a point object...shouldn't need much space at all :P )

The engine room in Cryptic's design is probably a bit too big and the singularity gyroscope is kinda ridiculous, but the Romulan interior's pretty nice overall. I was so disappointed when I made Fed and KDF alts and saw how oversized their interiors were. It doesn't even feel like walking around inside a ship.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think the engine room is gorgeous, i have no complaints about that and I wish the Klingon and Federation ships had better Eye candy in that respect, my complaint is the generic single choice of a bridge regardless of the size of the ship and no place to display trophies, a part of the game. A tiny bridge seems ridiculous for ships that get more enormous with each level of advancement, for a ship like Scimitar or Ha'akona the Bridge should be a large command center not a little cubicle. If I want to display trophies I have to settle for using a lower tier allied ship
    It doesn't really concern my not having a bunch or corridors to wander, I'm glad that there aren't, especially with nothing to do in them.
    We've been told that interiors don't make money, so they are not a priority, to that I say at the very least they should make proper bridges and interiors for the ships they are selling us, since they clearly have been making money from that.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    iikkajarviiikkajarvi Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I lol'd at the reference to the two generic BOFFs on my tiny Romulan bridge. I have like 12 BOFFS (I like variety) and like 3-4 of them are on the bridge at any given time. I'd like some customization to assign who is stationed where. That would be nice.

But first things first; I'd like to be able to use alien prototypes and so on without having to visit a friend's ship.
    Current Server: Mindflayer
    History Class in the Realms: "Elves did it better first. Also, magic was probably involved somehow and maybe gods. Or godly magic. Now go outside so the orcs and bandits have someone to menace."
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Interesting idea, I actually hadn't thought about that.
    But an idea that went through my mind was that they could've repesented that "Tal Shiar Adapted Borg Warp Core" by using a redressed vinculum (just add a bunch of tubes).
    A combination of your and my idea could have worked out quite well IMO.

This would look so awesome, but don't forget to replace the Borg consoles with Romulan consoles. :P
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I dont get the whole Interiors dont make money thing. They have Bridge packs yes, (I have bought a few myself.Both FED and KDF) but I dont count Bridges as "Interiors", They are more like ROOMS.

So the only real Interiors they have made. TOS and The Belfsast, Were bundled in with a bunch of other items. So Only those who buy the bundles get the full interiors. So since not that many people buy the bundles does this mean that the Interiors dont sell?

It kind of feels like They are selling a car. but since not a lot of people buy seats for it they say there is no money in it, and just give everyone a one size fits all Interior. Regardless of if your buying the Limousine, The BMW or the Ford.

For me, I WANT TO PURCHASE FULL INTERIORS!
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    shantavi wrote: »
    I'd be happy with the bridge actually showing, you know, the actual BOFFs I have. The bridge already only shows like 4-5 personnel on it, I have at least 6 BOFFs, and there are *still* two generic people on the bridge. The hell? Seriously?

It would be nice to at the *very least* get "Romulan" replacers, and not some Bolian conjured out of the blue. I am aware that thematical coherency is deemed less than important, and that we are supposed to mingle excessively with all the xeno out there. It just doesn't make me happy you know?

---