test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan ship interior

captainskybladecaptainskyblade Member Posts: 57 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Romulan Discussion
I the romulan ships why the heck is there no bartenders or chefs. Also why isn't there a brig. Without those guys how do we turn in contraband or how do we at least get to have a bartender or chefs to get food.

also why isn't there security officers patrolling the ship and why is there no councilor
how are we exposed to do those things without those people to do certain things and duty officer missions.

also where the heck is the captains quarters we do have a big quarter room but is it the captains quarters.

Also in the captains little room I forget what it is called but tis where you complete missions and decode things. in that big tank why isn't there some kind of animal in side it like an eppoh.

Also why arnt there different interior for instance of course we have only 1 romulan bridge and that's somewhat ok but what I don't get why cant we get large romulan halls normal romulan hulls and small romulan hulls
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i have hurt many people and i am deeply sorry but i hope i you will forgive me and i will try to make it better i am sorry.
Post edited by captainskyblade on

Comments

• Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I want to know why im forbidden to have trophies on my ship...

than I remembered im only a fraction, not a faction
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bunansa wrote: »

Same here i complained about this on tribble when i was yesting the rommy content there ignored me like half the bug reports i put in.
    Soz for typo doing this on my phone.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree. Romulans need more bridge designs, and it is not like there haven't been a number of ones seen on TNG and DS9 for them to copy.

Also, I agree that there needs to be a Mess Hall/Chow Hall/Dining Facility where players can talk to their Chef and Bartender to complete the Culinary Credentials and Extreme Bartending DOFF chains.

I also agree that Romulans can stand out from the crowd if they have both a Councilor AND a Brig. I would like to see Romulans get the best from BOTH major factions.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited December 2013

boy that sums it up too well
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited December 2013

At least it is remembered. That is more than we can ask for at times. ;)

---
  • Options
    quintoneasttnquintoneasttn Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I the romulan ships why the heck is there no bartenders or chefs... also why isn't there security officers patrolling the ship and why is there no councilor

Also why arnt there different interior for instance of course we have only 1 romulan bridge and that's somewhat ok but what I don't get why cant we get large romulan halls normal romulan hulls and small romulan hulls

I've also mentioned the lack of essential personnel, but I think we have a bartender now. I hired 2 chefs from the C-Store.. but don't have a Chef's kitchen to put them in. I've also hired a couple counselors (yep, I have issues with the lack of stuff our faction has). I read somewhere that they are working on new stuff for the Romulan ships, perhaps bridges? Would be nice. Would like a science-based one with lots of tech looking screens and console stations. I'd like to see security officers guarding the entrance to sensitive areas for when we have guests over. Perhaps those red'locked doors might be a future expansion? Holodeck, brig, shuttlebay, etc?
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They need to work on the interior some more. I can not access the bartender or chef on the ship. Where I like to go visit them to restock my away team. Plus to do the duty officer missions there as well. They need to make a trophy spot in the mess hall. So you can put up your awards as well. A different Bridge layout would be nice as well. Since I doubt all ships will share that same interior. Along with some color variations.

The rest of the interior is very nice from what I think.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bridges need a serious overhaul. The scimitar has nothing but a bridge and a ??? room with a bank clicky --- no captains chambers, no way to visit the crew, nothing. The obelisk carrier only has a giant bridge, the thousands of crew are... where? Many of the other ships all reuse the same bridge, but even that is better than nothing at all.

The whole "visit interior" needs a re-work --- every ship should allow the captain to visit engineering, crew areas, a captain's chamber, the bridge, and so on. Also, it really *should* be possible to use the screen on the bridge as a mini version of the space view, and allow the captain to control the ship from the bridge -- that would be FUN.
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Also the singularity cores are waaay to freaking huge, it makes me wonder if they looked at Startrek or Dr who when they designed it cause the only way to fit that in is if the inside of every warbird is a tardis.

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080418234946/memoryalpha/en/images/d/d3/Dderidex-engine_core.jpg

This is the what the singularity cores true size is ^^^^
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    noroblad wrote: »
    Bridges need a serious overhaul. The scimitar has nothing but a bridge and a ??? room with a bank clicky --- no captains chambers, no way to visit the crew, nothing. The obelisk carrier only has a giant bridge, the thousands of crew are... where? Many of the other ships all reuse the same bridge, but even that is better than nothing at all.

The whole "visit interior" needs a re-work --- every ship should allow the captain to visit engineering, crew areas, a captain's chamber, the bridge, and so on. Also, it really *should* be possible to use the screen on the bridge as a mini version of the space view, and allow the captain to control the ship from the bridge -- that would be FUN.

I agree that there needs to be more Romulan bridges and interiors in addition to the one already in the game. It is not like they DON'T have a lack of examples. Numerous one have been seen in both TNG and DS9.

In particular, the interiors of the Khazara really need to be added.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/D%27deridex_class
  • Options
    majorsmoker420majorsmoker420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There is a sickbay, mess hall, captains cabin, a lab, and a hydroponic looking area on the crew level, but you can't do anything with any of it :(
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    One thing that garnered interesting comments, is that Hakeev's ship has a full interior, and could have been modified to act as a full ship interior. But we didn't get that.

I also don't get why the Romulan interior doesn't have NPC contacts. It has NPCs that could act as contacts, but they don't....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    One thing that garnered interesting comments, is that Hakeev's ship has a full interior, and could have been modified to act as a full ship interior. But we didn't get that.

I don't have that ship so didn't know that was the case...okay that's really strange and a big bummer.:(
    Pretty much the only thing missing would've been a new engine room with borgified bits and a new power core. And since that's what they would've needed to build for this ship INSTEAD of a new bridge because that was already in place from the mission chain it's even more baffling.
  • Options
    aprogasaprogas Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    davidwford wrote: »
    I agree. Romulans need more bridge designs, and it is not like there haven't been a number of ones seen on TNG and DS9 for them to copy.

Also, I agree that there needs to be a Mess Hall/Chow Hall/Dining Facility where players can talk to their Chef and Bartender to complete the Culinary Credentials and Extreme Bartending DOFF chains.

I also agree that Romulans can stand out from the crowd if they have both a Councilor AND a Brig. I would like to see Romulans get the best from BOTH major factions.
    You can still access your invisible Chef / Bartender through the Contact Duty Officer station on the bridge (to the left after spawning).
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    I don't have that ship so didn't know that was the case...okay that's really strange and a big bummer.:(
    Pretty much the only thing missing would've been a new engine room with borgified bits and a new power core. And since that's what they would've needed to build for this ship INSTEAD of a new bridge because that was already in place from the mission chain it's even more baffling.
    Yeah it's just a bridge/ready room. It looks cool, but it's a two pieces of the layout of Hakeev's ship. they could probably use the weapons laboratory as engineering.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yeah it's just a bridge/ready room. It looks cool, but it's a two pieces of the layout of Hakeev's ship. they could probably use the weapons laboratory as engineering.

Interesting idea, I actually hadn't thought about that.
    But an idea that went through my mind was that they could've repesented that "Tal Shiar Adapted Borg Warp Core" by using a redressed vinculum (just add a bunch of tubes).
    A combination of your and my idea could have worked out quite well IMO.
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    aprogas wrote: »
    You can still access your invisible Chef / Bartender through the Contact Duty Officer station on the bridge (to the left after spawning).

Sometimes I seriously wonder if any of those complaining have actually explored the interior of their ships at all. Not only is there a Contact Duty Officer station, but there is a club (or "mess hall" if you insist, though it looks pretty club-like to me), and there is a bartender there (maybe a chef as well, although I don't remember offhand) -- at least on my ships (apart from the lockbox ones and the Dreadnoughts).

Whether or not you can run DOff assignments to bestow upon them functionality as you can with Klingon and Fed ships, I don't know, because I've been busy with other DOff assignments (and fleet holding projects and reputation projects). I'll get around to that eventually, but it's not a pressing concern at this point. There may even be a workaround, for those who have allied ships (i.e., go to the 10 Forward or Messhall on your Fed or Klingon ship, run the DOff assignments from there, and see if that has any effect on your Romulan ships' bartenders/chefs).

Heck, there's even an area in the club that looks like it would work for placement of trophies, but is apparently unfinished (or bugged?).
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    protogoth wrote: »
    Sometimes I seriously wonder if any of those complaining have actually explored the interior of their ships at all. Not only is there a Contact Duty Officer station, but there is a club (or "mess hall" if you insist, though it looks pretty club-like to me), and there is a bartender there (maybe a chef as well, although I don't remember offhand) -- at least on my ships (apart from the lockbox ones and the Dreadnoughts).

Whether or not you can run DOff assignments to bestow upon them functionality as you can with Klingon and Fed ships, I don't know, because I've been busy with other DOff assignments (and fleet holding projects and reputation projects). I'll get around to that eventually, but it's not a pressing concern at this point. There may even be a workaround, for those who have allied ships (i.e., go to the 10 Forward or Messhall on your Fed or Klingon ship, run the DOff assignments from there, and see if that has any effect on your Romulan ships' bartenders/chefs).

Heck, there's even an area in the club that looks like it would work for placement of trophies, but is apparently unfinished (or bugged?).
    I'm going with unfinished....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »

I think they are talking about the interior that makes up the majority of the mission "Mind Games".
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I think they are talking about the interior that makes up the majority of the mission "Mind Games".
    That would be the one. It's the inside of Hakeev's ship the I.R.W. Khnial. The lower part of the page has screenshots of several rooms.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Thank you, I understood that. However I wonder why you're quoting me and then address me as though I was not part of that convertsation.:confused:
  • Options
    indypenguinindypenguin Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That would be the one. It's the inside of Hakeev's ship the I.R.W. Khnial. The lower part of the page has screenshots of several rooms.

That is true, but peronsally like the existing style bridge and interior. It would be nice to have more options. However, even introducing npcs you can interact with (as stated previously for KDF and FED) would be a small start.
    Ad astra per aspera

God be between you and harm, and all the empty places we must walk.
  • Options
    armitageofgamersarmitageofgamers Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Of course there was all those doffs in the the bridge at some point. Some how when season 8 Released Dyson the bridge itself just no long has anything in it. Reading the other things the trophies would be nice. Also being nice is actually having a few more bridge interiors. Can't tell why this is a bug with the doffs cause they were all there when Legacy of Romulus started and when I attempted. Shuttle works fine even though i wish the shuttle interior of the war bird shuttles was similar with KDF and Fed shuttles too. I can access stuff from the shuttle but yeah i agree entirely please fix.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Took my first tour of my Rom ship yesterday ... It really just looks like a slightly reshaped version of the Romulan Flotilla ship, which was a little disappointing as I was hoping for a little bit of individuality ... It's also WAYYYY to big and there is way to much just, wasted, space ...

The Singularity Core though is without doubt THE sexiest engine room of any interior, I was mesmerized by it ... Kept watching it, then turning to the Holographic display ... then turn back ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Dont forget the Reman base thats underground is also a D'derp hull beamed down in chunks.. Loose the iceover effects and theres another good interior we could use.
  • Options
    shantavishantavi Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That is true, but peronsally like the existing style bridge and interior. It would be nice to have more options. However, even introducing npcs you can interact with (as stated previously for KDF and FED) would be a small start.

I'd be happy with the bridge actually showing, you know, the actual BOFFs I have. The bridge already only shows like 4-5 personnel on it, I have at least 6 BOFFs, and there are *still* two generic people on the bridge. The hell? Seriously?

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    shantavi wrote: »
    I'd be happy with the bridge actually showing, you know, the actual BOFFs I have. The bridge already only shows like 4-5 personnel on it, I have at least 6 BOFFs, and there are *still* two generic people on the bridge. The hell? Seriously?

lol Ive often wondered the same thing
  • Options
    borgus1122borgus1122 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Although the romulan ship interior is quite interesting, I wonder, why there aren't more bridges to choose from? Only one - if you don't count scimitar bridge. And, why cant we walk through the whole ship if we have scimitar bridge. You only have bridge and thelaron room - no ready room, no turbolift to go explore through the ship. All they could do it to add turbolift and romulan ship interior to the scimitar bridge and that would be it.
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    astro2244 wrote: »
    Also the singularity cores are waaay to freaking huge, it makes me wonder if they looked at Startrek or Dr who when they designed it cause the only way to fit that in is if the inside of every warbird is a tardis.

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080418234946/memoryalpha/en/images/d/d3/Dderidex-engine_core.jpg

Actually, the looked at Galaxy Quest.. Its the Omega 13..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    astro2244 wrote: »

I'd rather have the cool one Cryptic made then the $20 set redress they had to use on TNG.

And that room is what, 100 feet across? The only Warbird it be close to being a tight fit in is the T'Varo/T'liss.

It would be nice to have at least recolors of the current interior to make it feel like there are more options. And it would be nice to have the ability to place trophies as well.