What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cloaking/Battle Cloak

13»

Comments

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    you could say why is the older b'rel in the game and not the k'vort? effectively it's meant to be the b'rels younger bigger brother. so if they resized the b'rel. give it fixed wings. 5 fore 2 aft or 4 fore and 3 aft and 5 tac consoles. more hull and less turn rate than the b'rel people would still buy it and it wouldn't be hard for them to make it either. it's also a commonly requested canon kdf ship. I fail to see why there resistance to it? is it because the feds can't have it? or because it might have battle cloak? lol

Did you even read what I said? It's stock footage of a B'rel with weird scaling.

Yes, KDF needs more ships. I'm all for giving KDF more ships. Even ones with battle cloak, despite them being boring and annoying to fight. But I just don't get why people want something that is literally copypasta of a B'rel with a different name applied to it, not even a kitbash like the Cheyenne-class.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Op i see u payed for the wine for everyone:D
    My rom n kdf chars have 15sec CD its the enhanced battle clock were u de-cloak and fire in 3 sec.

Now im going by ur post count are u a troll?
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Did you even read what I said? It's stock footage of a B'rel with weird scaling.

Yes, KDF needs more ships. I'm all for giving KDF more ships. Even ones with battle cloak, despite them being boring and annoying to fight. But I just don't get why people want something that is literally copypasta of a B'rel with a different name applied to it, not even a kitbash like the Cheyenne-class.

I did read what you said but as I said it's a canon class of ship that's not in the game. the k'vort class is mentioned and seen as a k'vort far more than many other cannon ships in the game. it has plenty of technical differences. but all in all just highlights what kdf players are up against. have a nice day :)

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Klingon_Bird-of-Prey

and

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/K'vort_class

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/B%27rel_class
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you're going into a battle that likely will have cloaked ships you better sure as hell be carrying something yourself or have a team-mate outfitted with something that can hurt, detect or decloak ships. That you don't want to outfit your ship for any cloak detection/attack capacity just means the only one who is at fault for these battles is your own self.

Sci captains with higher innate cloak detection and sensor scan, tachyon detection grid etc for finding cloaked ships

Mines of all sorts for grabbing or attacking/decloaking cloaked ships.

Combating cloaked ships in ST, is much like combating submarines IRL.... part of that contest is finding them.
  • heartsinatlantisheartsinatlantis Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Who gives a ****... Where's my BORG CUBE?
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you hand over 100.000 glossy pictures to Q it is yours! :D
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
    edited February 2014

Sitting in front of you as a big fat freaking target.

You want a Borg faction? Welcome to zero customization, individuality or choice. You are drone #356658198656585771 of Unimatrix Umpteen. You have no free will. You serve the Collective. Your orders quite literally consist of "go here, kill this, and assimilate that random ball of dirt", without even the amount of justification the regular factions get. You fight by walking slowly towards the enemy as part of a skirmish line of mentally TRIBBLE zombies.

If Starfleet wasn't totally incompetent at tactics and weapons development, the Borg would've been a one-shot threat reacted to with approximately, "Well, that was bracing. Let's go take a look at that pulsar over there."
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• starschildren1starschildren1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Alright people I made this posts to get people talking not for you to sit there and laugh at how many posts I made in my lifetime..Just because I don't like to Post about stuff doesn't make my opinion any less Valid as those of you who have 1000+ posts. Like really people? Since when did the amount of Digital Social Posts determine your self entitlement? I'm not downgrading anyone or talking bad about anyone when I say my opinion is just as valid as yours.

Also in reference to some people opinions on how they think I abandoned my post, how can you possibly determine that? You don't know my schedule; I work 12 hour shift and then I'm off for 8 until my next 12 hour shift. I'm a 911 Police Dispatcher and I only have a couple days off, please excuse me while I go save another 50 lives on my next 12 hour shift. I don't have have a lot of free time.

Now to start my explanation on my post. I am sorry if it comes off a little less detailed than what I intended. I admit it was a bit of a rage post; come on we all do it at one point or another (and if not then your a rotten apple liar). To continue on my explanation; I have noticed that almost 60-80% of the Klingons and or Romulans (mostly Romulans) are cloaking and decloaking virtually at will with a very short cool down. I kinda have a bit of an issue regarding that cooldown on ANY ship. Before anyone says that I need to invest in Sensors and stuff to of which I all ready know how to do being a member for a good amount of years. Investing in Sensors and finding the cloakers is not the problem, Cloaking is not a problem! I think is an excalent idea and mechanic in game! I just have a slight issue regarding the cool down timer on Cloak/Battle Cloak/Enhanced Battle Cloak. Perhaps to a extended total of 30 sec. Not a lot of Abilities have the Generous 20 sec cool down that many cloakers experience. The average Cool Down on most abilities is 30-45 sec I believe. Maybe 30 sec for Cloak. 25 sec for Battle Cloak and 20 sec for Enhanced Battle Cloak

An extended cool-down is the topic to be discussed on this post and the original reason for this post in general to be posted. Now please...Discuss.
    Fleet Guardian of Nova Core

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I did read what you said but as I said it's a canon class of ship that's not in the game. the k'vort class is mentioned and seen as a k'vort far more than many other cannon ships in the game. it has plenty of technical differences. but all in all just highlights what kdf players are up against. have a nice day :)

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Klingon_Bird-of-Prey

and

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/K'vort_class

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/B%27rel_class

Why... why would you link to memory beta that has the fail size?
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    An extended cool-down is the topic to be discussed on this post and the original reason for this post in general to be posted. Now please...Discuss.

There's nothing to discuss, really. It's not the cloak cooldowns that you're experiencing problems with, it's the blatant power creep that has been going on over the last year.
    Romulan rep. cloak, Hirogen cloak, this cloak, that cloak, weird rep passives, insane Romulan Boffs, etc., etc. - that's what you're looking at here.
    It's not that the cloak has a short cooldown, it's all those things that can supplement it. And so, we're back to the fact that there's nothing to discuss - because the way of the power creep is clear and I seriously doubt that any of the aforementioned things would change at this stage.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 649 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Alright people I made this posts to get people talking not for you to sit there and laugh at how many posts I made in my lifetime..Just because I don't like to Post about stuff doesn't make my opinion any less Valid as those of you who have 1000+ posts. Like really people? Since when did the amount of Digital Social Posts determine your self entitlement? I'm not downgrading anyone or talking bad about anyone when I say my opinion is just as valid as yours.

You got people talking, but they were not saying things you wanted to hear. You made a rage post, and people pointed out that the problem wasn't with the cloak/battle cloak mechanic.

I noticed you changed your opening post. People reading that post for the first time are more than likely to wonder if you have lost your mind or something. It's out of context.
    Also in reference to some people opinions on how they think I abandoned my post, how can you possibly determine that? You don't know my schedule; I work 12 hour shift and then I'm off for 8 until my next 12 hour shift. I'm a 911 Police Dispatcher and I only have a couple days off, please excuse me while I go save another 50 lives on my next 12 hour shift. I don't have have a lot of free time.

It's best to leave personal information out of the forums. You are not the only one who has important duties outside of the game and forums. Sometimes people make these kinds of threads, and just leave them or make an account just to rage on the forums. Try not to take it personally. You don't exist in a vacuum here.
    Now to start my explanation on my post. I am sorry if it comes off a little less detailed than what I intended. I admit it was a bit of a rage post; come on we all do it at one point or another (and if not then your a rotten apple liar).

Not all of us do. You can't make judgments on others based on what YOU would do. It's never a good idea to post when you are mad. When you do get mad, just take a step back and relax, and come back when your anger has cooled.
    To continue on my explanation; I have noticed that almost 60-80% of the Klingons and or Romulans (mostly Romulans) are cloaking and decloaking virtually at will with a very short cool down. I kinda have a bit of an issue regarding that cooldown on ANY ship. Before anyone says that I need to invest in Sensors and stuff to of which I all ready know how to do being a member for a good amount of years. Investing in Sensors and finding the cloakers is not the problem, Cloaking is not a problem! I think is an excalent idea and mechanic in game! I just have a slight issue regarding the cool down timer on Cloak/Battle Cloak/Enhanced Battle Cloak. Perhaps to a extended total of 30 sec. Not a lot of Abilities have the Generous 20 sec cool down that many cloakers experience. The average Cool Down on most abilities is 30-45 sec I believe. Maybe 30 sec for Cloak. 25 sec for Battle Cloak and 20 sec for Enhanced Battle Cloak

We have discussed it, and just because much of what has been posted doesn't agree with you does not make it invalid.

The current mechanics are just fine. If you don't like fighting cloaked foes, don't go into Kerrat.
  • timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited February 2014
    I'd love to see this guy try to fly a Bird of Prey in serious PvP combat and complain about the cooldown not being long enough then. It's difficult enough to survive in those 15-20 seconds as it is, more seconds are the last thing that's needed. I feel the Bird of Prey's defenses are even weaker than the shield modifier and hull points indicate, because it ALWAYS feels like it's made of paper, unless you've got RSP up. Even that's no guarantee nowadays, because of all the accursed bleedthrough. . .which affects BoPs the most because they've got the lowest hullpoints of any Tier 5 ship.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
    edited February 2014
    timezarg wrote: »
    I'd love to see this guy try to fly a Bird of Prey in serious PvP combat and complain about the cooldown not being long enough then. It's difficult enough to survive in those 15-20 seconds as it is, more seconds are the last thing that's needed. I feel the Bird of Prey's defenses are even weaker than the shield modifier and hull points indicate, because it ALWAYS feels like it's made of paper, unless you've got RSP up. Even that's no guarantee nowadays, because of all the accursed bleedthrough. . .which affects BoPs the most because they've got the lowest hullpoints of any Tier 5 ship.

Indeed, all the ships with BC (including the ROMs) are penalized in HP compared to their nearest counterparts without it. and as such it takes some tactical tricks and correct ability and skill loadouts to keep them surviving, this goes from a tiny BoP or T'varo all the way to a Scimitar. People can see these and kringe after dying at their hands when in the hands of a skilled player.... and on the flip side you can watch these ship blow up over and over again in the hand of an unskilled one.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is another "Cloaks are overpowered" thread isn't it?

*Yawn*

Next.
  • kolbrandrkolbrandr Member Posts: 266
    edited February 2014
    "I've never trusted Feds, and I never will. I could never forgive them for the nerf of my enhanced battle cloak."

For those unaware, the EBC used to work like the one in the movie. Threads like this got it changed.
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    you could say why is the older b'rel in the game and not the k'vort? effectively it's meant to be the b'rels younger bigger brother. so if they resized the b'rel. give it fixed wings. 5 fore 2 aft or 4 fore and 3 aft and 5 tac consoles. more hull and less turn rate than the b'rel people would still buy it and it wouldn't be hard for them to make it either. it's also a commonly requested canon kdf ship. I fail to see why there resistance to it? is it because the feds can't have it? or because it might have battle cloak? lol

The resistance is one of the devs doesn't like the ships design so we don't get a say it it. Though funnily enough the only reason the old K'vort exists is because someone working on TNG broke the studio model of the b'rel so they said **** it we will do it live , stuck the wings on inverted and called it the K'vort.

Also does anyone remember the good old days when you could decloak on someone at point blank and wipe them out with a barrage of cannon fire and 1 well placed tricobalt? Now those were the days
    edited February 2014
    kolbrandr wrote: »
    "I've never trusted Feds, and I never will. I could never forgive them for the nerf of my enhanced battle cloak."

For those unaware, the EBC used to work like the one in the movie. Threads like this got it changed.

Obviously it would only be fair if "cloaking" did not make ones vessel disappear and put a gigantic space-discoball over the top of your ship and launched fireworks and a strobing light show while keeping you from firing weapons and shutting off your shields.

That way feds flying ships or in teams in arenas where there are likely to be cloaking enemies, with no detection related points set and no armaments capable of decloaking or striking at cloaked vessels would not fell butt-hurt over getting pwned.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    Obviously it would only be fair if "cloaking" did not make ones vessel disappear and put a gigantic space-discoball over the top of your ship and launched fireworks and a strobing light show while keeping you from firing weapons and shutting off your shields.

That way feds flying ships or in teams in arenas where there are likely to be cloaking enemies, with no detection related points set and no armaments capable of decloaking or striking at cloaked vessels would not fell butt-hurt over getting pwned.

You could literally create a fed Iwin button and they would still complain its unfair and unrepresenting of star fleets obviuos greatness:rolleyes:
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited February 2014
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    You could literally create a fed Iwin button and they would still complain its unfair and unrepresenting of star fleets obviuos greatness:rolleyes:

Nah, it's just a few twits.

I don't mind people having battle cloak, I just find them annoying to fight because it's always decloak, shoot at me ineffectively while I hammer him, then cloak and run the hell away. Boring, repetitive and inconclusive.

But I have a different perspective on it than most because I've got a buddy with a Mobius who can do the exact same thing with no cloak at all.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png