test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tour The Galaxy

andihraveyandihravey Member Posts: 132 Arc User
Hey everyone.

I hope someone can help me on this because i have run out of ideas.

Since tour the galaxy came out as a daily mission i have been trying to do this mission and reach all of the sector's to complete the daily successfully.

But i have been unable to do this. no matter where i start from, i cannot get round all of the sector blocks. I have tried starting in Iota Pavanis and working my way down. I tried starting in pi canis and working my way up etc. I have tried doing it in my Avenger, and also my excelsior (using the advanced transwarp). I have also made sure to take the shortest possible route across the sector to my next one and i simply cannot do it. (and yes i have also used my slipstream drive)

Sitting down and working out you need to to either be hitting warp 17 to be able to get round in the time allotted or an extra 5 mins needs to be added.

but one thing i have noticed is this, even when you are on a loading screen you lose time. it may only be 3/4 maybe even 5 seconds. But when you add that up over all the loading screens that's gonna round 45 seconds (as a round figure). And even then with that time added you still would need another 3/4 mins.

My ships max warp speed in sector space is warp 14. So either my ship is too slow, I'm not taking the right round or there simply is not enough time to do this daily in unless you one of this hot rod ships that's doing warp 20.

Anyone have any ideas??????
Post edited by andihravey on

Comments

• talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Odyssey or bortas with transwarp and every thing you can possibly nail down to reduce transwarp cool down. Only way I can think of doing it.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you have access to them, the Borg impulse engines are great for this.

The other thing that helps is the Obelisk Warp Core. It has all three slipstream warp core bonuses on it, so you can have the faster cooldown, faster speed and faster turn rate.

I tend to start in the Pelia sector myself after equipping both of these due to it seeming to be the largest back track I need to do. Tend to finish with ~45 seconds left. Of course I also can enter Klingon space due to my diplomacy so I can take a shortcut on my route.

My route is:
    1 Pelia Block
    2: Gamma Orion Block
    3: Fly to Beta Ursae block nets me two of the Sirius block.
    4: Beta Ursae Block
    5: Zeta Andromedae Block
    6: Alpha Triaguli Block
    7: Fly to Eta Eridani Block
    8: Fly to Oreluus Block. Do a loop there to get the two sectors and fly back to Eta Eridani.
    9: Eta Eridani Block
    10: Cut through Omega Leonis to Pi Canis. Here I tend to have about 7 minutes left.
    11: Pi Canis Block.
    12: Tau Dewa Block.
    13: Psi Velorum Block.
    14: Fly through Alpha Centari getting two sectors on the way to Iota Pavonis Block.
    15: Iota Pavonis Block.
    16: Finish off Alpha Centari Block.
    17: Finish off Sirius Block on the way to Regulus Block.
    18: REgulus block.

You may have a preferred route, but this works for me.
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Usually I could complete a full run in 15 minutes with MACO engines (warp 14 for me) in my Excelsior. My route used to be:

- The top block of Sirius Sector
    - Fly to Alpha Centauri, cross immediately into Iota Pavonis
    - Finish Iota Pavonis, back to Alpha Centauri
    - Finish Alpha Centauri, enter Psi Verolum
    - Zig-zag your way through Psi Velorum, Tau Dewa, then Pi Canis
    - Leave Pi Canis at the Eta Eridani border
    - Fly through Eta Eridani towards the Orellius Sector block
    - Finish Orrelius Sector Block, go to Beta Ursae
    - In Beta Ursae, fly immediately towards Zeta Andromeda
    - Complete Zeta Andromeda, enter Alpha Trianguli (the bottom Cardassian block, I think that was the name but not sure)
    - fly through Alpha Trianguli, turn around once you completed it and enter Beta Ursae halfway.
    - Finish Beta Ursae, go back to Sirius
    - Finish Sirius, head immediately for the transwarp conduit
    - Completely do Gamma Orionis (fly through the middle, make sure you touch each sector for a few seconds)
    - Enter Pelia
    - Transwarp to Regulus (you have the excelsior yourself, so this shouldn't be a problem)
    - Finish Regulus
    - LOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!

I am using MACO engines due to them being my combat equipment as well. If you don't have access to these though, go for the Elite Fleet Engines. They give the same speed as MACO. Assimilated Engines are also great for this mission.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    greyhame3 wrote: »
    If you have access to them, the Borg impulse engines are great for this.

The other thing that helps is the Obelisk Warp Core. It has all three slipstream warp core bonuses on it, so you can have the faster cooldown, faster speed and faster turn rate.

I tend to start in the Pelia sector myself after equipping both of these due to it seeming to be the largest back track I need to do. Tend to finish with ~45 seconds left. Of course I also can enter Klingon space due to my diplomacy so I can take a shortcut on my route.

My route is:
    1 Pelia Block
    2: Gamma Orion Block
    3: Fly to Beta Ursae block nets me two of the Sirius block.
    4: Beta Ursae Block
    5: Zeta Andromedae Block
    6: Alpha Triaguli Block
    7: Fly to Eta Eridani Block
    8: Fly to Oreluus Block. Do a loop there to get the two sectors and fly back to Eta Eridani.
    9: Eta Eridani Block
    10: Cut through Omega Leonis to Pi Canis. Here I tend to have about 7 minutes left.
    11: Pi Canis Block.
    12: Tau Dewa Block.
    13: Psi Velorum Block.
    14: Fly through Alpha Centari getting two sectors on the way to Iota Pavonis Block.
    15: Iota Pavonis Block.
    16: Finish off Alpha Centari Block.
    17: Finish off Sirius Block on the way to Regulus Block.
    18: REgulus block.

You may have a preferred route, but this works for me.

Tried that route, still roughly half a minute short in regulus, but a good route.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • whitewinged7whitewinged7 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you dont mind me asking guys as I am nowhere near ( I assume my old 50 doesnt have the engines to do this)*edit just checked he can only go warp 9.8 in sector space never got transwarp in the star cruiser

But, how is is possible for you all to break warp 9.9? dont you hit some cannon law that its not possible?
  • astral#0893 astral Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The quickest way of doing the tour is via the map that used to be on one of the forums, I'll try posting the pic. Before it was a daily, when u had no choice but start at Jay Yim in the club, I had been completing it in 12 minutes with my Odyssey, with a warp core that has a 50% cool down to slip stream, my driver coil skill is maxed & using the borg engine.

Now u can accept this daily from the 'available tab' I started from the Sirius Sector & followed the normal route, then from the pelia sector were it used to finish, transwarp to the Tau Dewa Sector Block & get the last two. I am still completing this in 11-12 mins.

Personally I wouldn't worry if u can't do it in under 15 mins because the bonus isn't worth having. I think that the way it is now totally sucks for anyone who hasn't got at least a level 50 ship, it should be fun & obtainable to all.

To view the pic large, after clicking on the link, click the magnifying glass in the bottom right of the pic once & then again on the next.

TourtheGalaxy-Standard2014.png
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you dont mind me asking guys as I am nowhere near ( I assume my old 50 doesnt have the engines to do this)*edit just checked he can only go warp 9.8 in sector space never got transwarp in the star cruiser

But, how is is possible for you all to break warp 9.9? dont you hit some cannon law that its not possible?
    Some of the Rep engines, specifically from the Omega rep, allow you to go faster than warp 10. Specifically the assimilated impulse engine and the MACO impulse engine.
  • jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Max driver coil skill and borg engines take you over 20 (aka tv story transwarp speeds) and slip stream will be 30ish
  • andihraveyandihravey Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks everyone il give those suggestions a try. At the moment i am using the assimilated set. and hitting warp 14. but i always seem to end up having 3 sectors left over by the time the timer hits 0.

Really frustrating.
  • askatusaskatus Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    One other thing that no-one seems to have mentioned: are you getting someone to grant you diplomatic immunity/raiding party? That might give you that little bit of extra speed you need.
    You shoot me down
    But I respawn
    I am duranium!
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm averaging about a 1:30 remaining each time i do this. But for several reasons: A) Vesta Class so I have the chroniton intigrated Quantum Slipstream drive. B) Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines. C)Level 50. D)I use the gamepedia guide for the feds but every few zones if not every zone I'm hitting transwarp. I'm also sitting with my hands on the map key and manually steering in certain sections.

15 minutes is doable but only under certain conditions it seems. So here's what I do: (Path taken from STO.Gamepedia.com no infringement meant); What I do is in bold:

For the Federation, a suggested path that takes <25 minutes:

1.Head straight for and enter Alpha Centauri Sector Block

2.Enter the Iota Pavonis block.

3.Plot a course for the Fvillhaih System and from there plot a course to the Great Bloom system and then return to Alpha Centauri block (This will ensure you visit all the sectors of this block)At this Point I hit Slipstream and then rapidly click each section once it clears

4.Go diagonally to the Psi Velorum Sector block .

5.Go to the Narendra sector of the Tau Dewa Sector block.Slipstream drive

6.Go to the Xarrantine sector of the Pi Canis block Slipstream Drive

7.Plot a course to the Ceron system in the Pi Canis block and then go to the Eta Eridani block. I use the system above Ceron And use my slipstream so I get a better turn, ignore the Omega leonis screen

8.Go to the Orellieus sector block and plot a course to the Zaria system and then go to the Beta Ursae block. Slipstream Drive

9.Go to the Zeta Andromadae block and plot a course to the Arawath system and from there plot a course to the Mec system and go to the Alpha Trianguli Sector Block. Once I'm in Zeta, I hit the slip stream drive and then rapidly click each system after it clears to keep flying to the next

10.Plot a course to the Obrom system and then enter the Beta Ursae block. Slipstream Drive And then manual steer once the circle clears just before Obram

11.Go into the Bajor(middle) sector of the Beta Ursae block and head back to the Sirius Block. I go for the system on the outter most part of the highlighted circle then slipstream drive back to sirius

12.Go straight to the Regulus block.

13.Plot a course to the Tostig system and then to the Briar Patch and then enter the Sirius Block. Slipstream drive then manual navigate once the Briar patch area circle clears

14.Use the Gamma Orionis transwarp conduit. Upon Exiting I impulse up one notch and manually steer to the conduit then hit auto nav. Otherwise it turns like stupid

15.Plot a course to the Sibiran system and fly around to visit all 4 sectors and then go to the Pelia sector. Slipstream Drive And once the middle is hit I impulse forwards and the remaining 3 zones clear. Once that happens slipstream is still up and I auto nav to pella

16.Then transwarp to Earth Space Dock to complete mission.

Note: You cannot get distracted doing it like this. I let myself get distracted once and I ran out of time before leaving Beta to Sirius. I hope this helps along with everyone elses guides.

EDIT: I will try to fraps a run through using this guide and put it on youtube.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Your first problem: Max Speed of warp 14. That means your slipstream drive will ONLY go warp 20. Period.

Solution: Put 3 points in Driver Coil. All of a sudden you'll be traveling warp 17 with your Borg engine, and warp 28 or 30 in slipstream. I've gotten my Odyssey up to warp 42 before. It's pretty easy too.

Second Problem: Not using a ship with an enhanced slipstream drive.

Solution: Use the Odyssey or Vesta. They get a faster and longer slipstream than the other ships (their slipstream lasts for 60 seconds instead of 30 and they go a few warp factors faster, usually 3 or 4). Also, get a warp core that gives you either a reduced transwarp cooldown or increased slipstream speed.

Third Problem: Route.

Solution: Covered by other posts here. Also, you can use an Astrometrics Scientist DOff to reduce your transwarp cooldown even further, allowing for you to make a jump every 4-5 minutes instead of 15. Best part? They're cheap.

Fourth Problem: No Diplomatic Immunity/Raiding Party. Both of those boost your top speed by at least 2 warp factors in normal warp, and 4 or 5 in slipstream.

Solution: If you ask nicely enough, there are plenty of people who will throw it on you. I know if anyone nearby asks me, I toss it to them, doesn't matter which toon I'm on, if I can, I give it.

Final Problem: For some strange reason Cryptic decided to remove the ability to retain slipstream through map transitions. You used to be able to, which meant if you had a ship with a 60 second drive you could often fly through multiple sector blocks on one slipstream.

Solution: This problem is beyond your control, but it's still noticeable and a significant factor.

Hope that helps.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I didn't want to cram up my first post, but here's the route I used to run (when I bothered with this mission)

FED RUN ONLY

1. Exit ESD into Sirius. Immediately Slipstream down to Gamma Orionis Transwarp Gate, and enter Gamma Orionis Sector block.

2. Fly through the Sibiran System (should read you as having entered all 4 sectors at once), then enter the Pelia Sector. Transwarp to Alpha Centauri.

3. Exit Starbase map, fly a little to the left so you register that sector, then head up into Iota Pavonis. Fly up the middle just on the left so you have least distance traveled, tip the top two sectors, then head back down on the right side. MAKE SURE YOU'RE TRAVELING STRAIGHT DOWN. It will save you a good 5 seconds. Upon re-entering the Alpha Centauri block, head right until you reach the edge of the next sector and it registers, then immediately head straight downwards. Enter the Psi Velorum block.

4. Head straight right. At this point, use your Slipstream again, and MAKE SURE YOU'RE TRAVELING IN A STRAIGHT LINE (a slight downward angle is allowed here though). Once you hit the 3rd sector, kill your slipstream and head straight downwards. Travel through the Tau Dewa block, straight down. Do not head left or right. Once you hit Pi Canis, IMMEDIATELY turn to the left and head towards the Regulus block. HOWEVER once you hit the final sector, TURN DOWNWARDS and enter Eta Eridani.

5. Enter the Eta Eridani block, and head straight towards the Orellius sector block. Try to be moving straight towards it, no moving up or down. All this straight lining will save you a minute or two in total. Enter Orellius, then head straight up. Once you tap that top sector, turn around and head straight downwards into the Beta Ursae block.

6. Now that you're in Cardassian space, IMMEDIATELY turn towards the Zeta Andromeda block. Enter it, and head towards the middle of the sector block. Tap the two side sectors and then make a beeline for the Alpha Trianguli block. Enter said block, and hit your slipstream. Head straight for the Sirius block. But what about the other two sectors in Beta Ursae? you may ask. Well once you hit that 3rd sector in Alpha Trianguli, kill your slipstream, and head straight upwards. HOWEVER be sure to re-enter the middle sector of the block before changing maps. Re-enter Beta Ursae.

7. The neighborhood alert should tell you Bajor Sector. If it says that, head straight right and go to the Sirius block. If it says Xarantine Sector, you didn't change down in Alpha and need to head left for a bit until it says Bajor Sector, after which you then head back to Sirius. Upon entering Sirius (you're almost done!), head DOWN until it says Risa Sector, and then head straight for Regulus. Upon entering Regulus, head straight up (use your slipstream if it's off cooldown, if not, just run like hell). Upon finishing Regulus, transwarp back to ESD and turn it in.

The fastest I ever got this run was 13 minutes, and that was back before I used Astrometric Scientists. This probably can get it done in the time required. But it's crucial you have at least 1 point in Driver Coil, or you'll NEVER exceed warp 14 at normal warp and warp 20 at slipstream, which is currently what's crippling you the most I think.

Good luck!
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I must agree I find the new Tour the Galaxy a challenge although not impossible. I use the MK XII Sub-Transwarp Impulse Engines on my Cruiser Refit with only 6 points in my Driver Coil skill and without Diplomatic immunity.

This is the route that I take, if you're wondering how I can start from somewhere other than ESD please note that since the recent update the Tour mission can be started at any location via the mission journal.

Route Map Key:
    Pink = Warp
    Green = Slipstream
    Blue = Loading Screens/Jump between Sector Blocks

I've had anything from a few seconds to spare to two minutes twenty odd seconds to spare using the above route/set-up.

Hope this helps. :)
  • maiewskimaiewski Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That looks pretty solid.

I'm going to have to try that route today in my Odyssey, leethorogood.
    DarthGM, GM Phil, Admiral Kavalon, et al

Currently cruising the Pi Canis Sector Block...
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I must agree I find the new Tour the Galaxy a challenge although not impossible. I use the MK XII Sub-Transwarp Impulse Engines on my Cruiser Refit with only 6 points in my Driver Coil skill and without Diplomatic immunity.

This is the route that I take, if you're wondering how I can start from somewhere other than ESD please note that since the recent update the Tour mission can be started at any location via the mission journal.

Route Map Key:
    Pink = Warp
    Green = Slipstream
    Blue = Loading Screens/Jump between Sector Blocks

I've had anything from a few seconds to spare to two minutes twenty odd seconds to spare using the above route/set-up.

Hope this helps. :)

No Tau Dewa block?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    No Tau Dewa block?

It's just an older map. If you look at the Pi Canis path there, you can see that he's hugging the border and, as I like to call it, shooting the seam between Pi Canis and Tau Dewa.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    No Tau Dewa block?

As anodynes said the route is there it's just the map backdrop is out of date and doesn't include Tau Dewa. :)

maiewski, Thanks I hope the route works for you! :)
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Lots of good suggestions here.

Learn to use mission transwarps and changing instances. Mission transwarps don't engage the global transwarp cooldown and for a number of sectors they only cost 100-5000 EC which is peanuts compared to the amount you'll be making. Strategically changing instances (if there are enough players on to spawn a second+ instance of a sector block) can teleport you into a different sector if it happens to be an efficient route you're using. e.g. the spawn point in Sirius block is by ESD, so if you already have the bottom 2 sectors, change instance to be instantly teleported to the top of the sector block and pick up the 3rd sector. Beta Ursae spawn is in the far left sector, Eta Eridani spawn is near Drozana IIRC, etc etc etc.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • snowpig74snowpig74 Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    you do not need mission or non-mission transwarps to complete the tour. Just a plain borg engine and some points into drivercoil -> 12 minutes for the complete tour.

I start in Tau Dewa btw. and end up in Pelia.
  • cletusdeadmancletusdeadman Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just keep raising that bar...
    This is another example of Cryptic's war on the casual player.
    Now this event is out of reach unless we respec to fit the mold to play the way that Cryptic is forcing us to play. I would name it, but I don't want to point for typing in the forum and violating the rules... but yeah, we know what it's called.

Honestly, why did you revamp it if you didn't want the casual player doing it?
    Why didn't you just pull it out completely instead of committing resources to it?
    And why is it I am still surprised, since January 2010, at anything Cryptic does?
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have run this multiple times with the easiest route for the fed side, and running it at transwarp factor of 17 is not sufficient enough on a basic ship to make it in the 15mins given.

A ship in which slipstream can be used more often or lasts longer can make it, but a ship without those abilities and only enough driver coil+engine to reach a nominal speed of warp 17 cannot.

This is primarily due to the loss of time between loading screens, as I always come up short by 30secs to complete an entire run and this includes running thru the now added tau dewa.

However I have easily accomplished it in the exact same ship with a higher driver coil netting a speed of warp 20, and using the exact same route with exact same usages of slipstream with quite a few secs remaining.

Adding a coil boost and/or diplomatic immunity and/or raiding party will net you some extra speed, so this can go a long ways into completing the mission in the given 15min window.

Here is a link for my Fed route.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• adamwehn1979adamwehn1979 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have run this multiple times with the easiest route for the fed side, and running it at transwarp factor of 17 is not sufficient enough on a basic ship to make it in the 15mins given.

A ship in which slipstream can be used more often or lasts longer can make it, but a ship without those abilities and only enough driver coil+engine to reach a nominal speed of warp 17 cannot.

This is primarily due to the loss of time between loading screens, as I always come up short by 30secs to complete an entire run and this includes running thru the now added tau dewa.

However I have easily accomplished it in the exact same ship with a higher driver coil netting a speed of warp 20, and using the exact same route with exact same usages of slipstream with quite a few secs remaining.

I will try and pop in a link with the new route map.

I love your avatar!!!
    These aren't the droids you're looking for.
    edited February 2014
    I love your avatar!!!

TY, and I popped in a link with a map done up for Fed's to run.

• aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't get it; my normal warp speed in my Odyssey is barely over 19, and I had a little over 2 minutes left while only transwarping once.

My route:
    1. Start in Pelia Sector, sitting on the border.
    2. Go through Gamma Orionis to the Sirius gate.
    3. Proceed north all the way into Iota Pavonis; hit all four blocks there and exit on the Eastern side.
    4. Proceed south through Regulus, hitting both of the remaining Alpha Centauri blocks on the way to it, heading all the way South into Eta Eridani.
    5. Turn East, then slide up into Pi Canis, and cover all three blocks there, ending on the Eastern end.
    6. Head north into the sector block above it, doing the same thing, ending on the Western end, then north into the block above that, ending on the East.
    7. Transwarp to K-7, exit to sector, then head West into Orelius sector block.
    8. Cover both blocks there, then take the exit to Beta Ursae.
    9. Head East in Beta Ursae, to the bottom edge of the Eastern-most sector; take that exit South into Alpha Triangulae, then head West to Zeta Andromidae.
    10. Cover the four sectors in that block, and you're done.

At Transwarp, I'm doing about 32, but this ship is no speed demon. The keys lie in cutting through the corners of the sector blocks. Also, wait to do the mission until you can have someone slap Diplomatic Immunity, Raiding Party, or both on you.
    edited February 2014
    aethon3050 wrote: »
    I don't get it; my normal warp speed in my Odyssey is barely over 19, and I had a little over 2 minutes left while only transwarping once.

My route:
    1. Start in Pelia Sector, sitting on the border.
    2. Go through Gamma Orionis to the Sirius gate.
    3. Proceed north all the way into Iota Pavonis; hit all four blocks there and exit on the Eastern side.
    4. Proceed south through Regulus, hitting both of the remaining Alpha Centauri blocks on the way to it, heading all the way South into Eta Eridani.
    5. Turn East, then slide up into Pi Canis, and cover all three blocks there, ending on the Eastern end.
    6. Head north into the sector block above it, doing the same thing, ending on the Western end, then north into the block above that, ending on the East.
    7. Transwarp to K-7, exit to sector, then head West into Orelius sector block.
    8. Cover both blocks there, then take the exit to Beta Ursae.
    9. Head East in Beta Ursae, to the bottom edge of the Eastern-most sector; take that exit South into Alpha Triangulae, then head West to Zeta Andromidae.
    10. Cover the four sectors in that block, and you're done.

At Transwarp, I'm doing about 32, but this ship is no speed demon. The keys lie in cutting through the corners of the sector blocks. Also, wait to do the mission until you can have someone slap Diplomatic Immunity, Raiding Party, or both on you.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Quantum_Slipstream_Drive

This is one of the biggest factors in using an oddy, it can sustain slipstream drive for longer with each activation.

And yes I had to edit my prior statement diplomatic immunity and/or raiding party can help quite a bit as well, so to does a coil boost from say a doff mission critical success.

• aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Quantum_Slipstream_Drive

This is one of the biggest factors in using an oddy, it can sustain slipstream drive for longer with each activation.

And yes I had to edit my prior statement diplomatic immunity and/or raiding party can help quite a bit as well, so to does a coil boost from say a doff mission critical success.

Agreed, but that doesn't account for having over 2 minutes left over; I only use the slipstream in Regulus and Alpha Triangulae, and normal ships get through 2/3 of those sectors with standard slipstream. It really only saves me about 20 seconds more than other ships.
    edited February 2014
    aethon3050 wrote: »
    Agreed, but that doesn't account for having over 2 minutes left over; I only use the slipstream in Regulus and Alpha Triangulae, and normal ships get through 2/3 of those sectors with standard slipstream. It really only saves me about 20 seconds more than other ships.

Well running the path in the map I have linked, using a tac oddy capable of nominal warp factor 20 and no other buffs can easily run it with roughly 2mins to spare as well.

However running it in my Ar'kif warbird with the exact same route/gear/specs giving it the same 20 warp factor it makes the same run with only a min or less to spare due to half the slipstream time of the oddy.

Running it again in the exact same Ar'kif warbird, but with little into coil skill and netting only a warp factor of 17, cannot make the same run as it falls short by about 30secs.

• adamwehn1979adamwehn1979 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    TY, and I popped in a link with a map done up for Fed's to run.

Data is tied with Spock for my fave character.
    These aren't the droids you're looking for.
    edited February 2014
    Data is tied with Spock for my fave character.

Agreed, I too enjoy both of them in a similar light. :cool: