Options

PvP Overhaul in Season 9?

2»

Comments

• Options
    verusisraelverusisrael Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    warr182 wrote: »
    Their's so much potential in STO pvp combat when we cap give us planetary defeances , let us raid resources and raid SOl or Qo nos once or twice a day as a reward in territory control or let us vote where we raid ,daly ,In real space war we would fight to a system then we would fight in the planets atmostpher then to the ground , to take and hold a planet than a system , We could oribit strike ground targets with our ship , And fire planetary defeances at the attacking ships from the ground .All of that sounds very fun and its what , We the pvp commutiy deserve it for standing bebind STO for 4 years with nothing new in pvp , We still play pvp cause the ship combat is soild .And all of us hope you ll see the potential in bringing true space to ground warfare into pvp , Its about time you guys help the pvp out in STO and the the ground warzones is a perfect stepping stone for it ,i know you guys say pvps not that polular,,,, but we ve been playing the same maps the same way for 4 years ,,,,come on give us the game we deserve for sopporting you,,,,thx 4 a great game later

it would be nice to not play the SAME damn maps over and over, I like cracked planet because it has some things to dart behind and navigate around. I would also enjoy a WvWvW situation like you see in GW2. Hell the WHOLE pvp scene needs to be revamped to a GW2 style. When someone beats you there its because they put together a better build than you and are better at using it. NOT because they have no life or job and grind all day OR they paid their way to the top.
  • Options
    ronrobaronroba Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    darthhawke wrote: »
    I agree we need more pvp maps like on Qronos or Starfleet. If Cryptic can think of Pvp gear that would be great as well. This game can get boring with no pvp after a while. Please advise crptic and thank you.

James T. Curt.

I agree.... I would also like too see an open pvp mode... Its kinda weird going through subspace seeing the enemy faction around and cant do anything about it XD.

For those that dont like Pvp could turn off this certain mode or tuen it on if your up for it...
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ronroba wrote: »
    I agree.... I would also like too see an open pvp mode... Its kinda weird going through subspace seeing the enemy faction around and cant do anything about it XD.

What level are your characters? At what point have you played through the various story arcs? For that matter, what level are the characters you're seeing and what point have they played through the various story arcs?

Cause...there is no enemy faction depending on how you answer that...
    ronroba wrote: »
    For those that dont like Pvp could turn off this certain mode or tuen it on if your up for it...

What game has Open PvP worked in? Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed more than my fair share over the past 16 years in various games...but in the end, I've never played one where it did not degenerate into blob warfare...meh.
  • Options
    sp74656sp74656 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    warr182 wrote: »
    Their's so much potential in STO pvp combat when we cap give us planetary defeances , let us raid resources and raid SOl or Qo nos once or twice a day as a reward in territory control or let us vote where we raid ,daly ,In real space war we would fight to a system then we would fight in the planets atmostpher then to the ground , to take and hold a planet than a system , We could oribit strike ground targets with our ship , And fire planetary defeances at the attacking ships from the ground .All of that sounds very fun and its what , We the pvp commutiy deserve it for standing bebind STO for 4 years with nothing new in pvp , We still play pvp cause the ship combat is soild .And all of us hope you ll see the potential in bringing true space to ground warfare into pvp , Its about time you guys help the pvp out in STO and the the ground warzones is a perfect stepping stone for it ,i know you guys say pvps not that polular,,,, but we ve been playing the same maps the same way for 4 years ,,,,come on give us the game we deserve for sopporting you,,,,thx 4 a great game later

I would love all these things you talk about, I really really really would but let's face it, Cryptic isn't up to the challenge. They would make quite a healthy profit by doing this cause as we all know, the PVP community is usually the first to buy the best and the greatest from the store and lockboxes but oh well.

So much profit and awesomeness to be gained but ultimately lost.
  • Options
    mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    A man can dream
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com