test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sooo...still no attack ship pets for Jem Dreds without having the attack ship?

starfallarmadastarfallarmada Member Posts: 51 Arc User
I havent seen this topic come up since early last year so i wanted to see if there is any update. As someone who owns a Jem Dred but has no way to access an atack ship (seriously there is literaly none on the exchange and its not in any current officer packs or lockboxes) I am still interested in seeing this requirment change. I thought it was a bad idea in the first place, but even letting that go, these ships have been out long enough that maybe it doesnt need to be as special anymore. When i am willing to pay for a dred, and I am willing to pay the fleet creds and dil to get the elite version, it seems rediculous that I still cant complete my dred by getting the attack ship pets. As far as i know this is the only pet in the game that requires two ships to buy and use
Post edited by starfallarmada on

Comments

• Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Still need JHAS's. sorry.

Mind you, one of my alts has the JHDC, i would love to get the JHAS pets for it.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There is no update. The bonus is for people who went out of their way to get both Lockbox/Lobi ships. If you did not go out of your way to get both ships you need to settle for second-best attack pets.

You are not being deprived. The people who went the extra mile are being saluted.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    There is no update. The bonus is for people who went out of their way to get both Lockbox/Lobi ships. If you did not go out of your way to get both ships you need to settle for second-best attack pets.

You are not being deprived. The people who went the extra mile are being saluted.

Yea id love to go the "extra mile" but the Attack ship is literaly unatainable atm. Also it was never in a lockbox, it was an extreemly rare drop in a few duty officer packs. And why does this "salute" not apply to ANY other ship in the game? Its not a salute its an incomplete ship. You dont need an extra ship to get a Fer'Jai, BoP or Mesh weaver so why this one? As a side note, I dont call having lots of money to throw on a gamble "going the extra mile", thats called "having lots of extra money to throw" but thats a whole other disscussion...
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited February 2014
    The attack ship was always a special ship and the most expensive to obtain. That you want it doesn't changes the fact or entitles you to it. Live is unfair, deal with it.

You know, in the olden days of MMOs people grinded for years, actual years to get one item they wanted.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yea id love to go the "extra mile" but the Attack ship is literaly unatainable atm. Also it was never in a lockbox, it was an extreemly rare drop in a few duty officer packs. And why does this "salute" not apply to ANY other ship in the game? Its not a salute its an incomplete ship. You dont need an extra ship to get a Fer'Jai, BoP or Mesh weaver so why this one? As a side note, I dont call having lots of money to throw on a gamble "going the extra mile", thats called "having lots of extra money to throw" but thats a whole other disscussion...
    The Jem bug was originally in the Winter Event Lockbox for December, 2011. This was the very first Lockbox the game ever had - and came out right before the game went FTP. After that Event the ship was added to various Doff Packs Events over the years.

And for example, Set Bonuses are salutes to players who bother to get the whole Set. Should I be able to never do an STF or Omega Rep and claim the various Omega Gear items? Of course not. It is the same with the ship - and there are other salutes as well, such as the Veteran Boff, Vet Rewards, etc.

I have not bothered to check, but there might be some bugs on the Exchange right now; but if not I am certain they will be in another Doff Pack in the near future and then make it to the Exchange.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Another Jem bug Dread thread, guess WWF does not care about horses when they are already dead.

Last I checked the answer was nope not gonna change.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Its not a salute its an incomplete ship.

It's not an incomplete ship, all carrier frigates are atrocities that should burn in a sun's corona.:cool:
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    There arent.

Since the exchange is capped at 500 millions they are no longer listed because they are being traded above 500 million.
    Lucky for me that I bought 3 of them for 145 million each back in the day then. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Another Jem bug Dread thread, guess WWF does not care about horses when they are already dead.

Last I checked the answer was nope not gonna change.

Thank you neoakiral and tenkari. The only two people to actualy answer the question honestly instead taking the oportunity to troll or defend greed.

And Rihannsu you are not wrong. Ive been watchign the exchange for a couple weeks and have not seen one go up. This is my point. I dont care if this was a good idea or not in the first place but whether it still is. I got my main question awnsered though so thank you to those mentioned
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thank you neoakiral and tenkari. The only two people to actualy answer the question honestly instead taking the oportunity to troll or defend greed.
    How is anyone defending greed? The people who spent hundreds of dollars, or spent months grinding Dilithum and EC to buy these things, including advanced Fleet Tiers, were not greedy. They were dedicated and focused on getting what they wanted. They did not just sit around demanding they should get it too just because someone else had gotten it.
  • Options
    abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Except its not both Lock Box/Lobi ships, its the 3 of them ... JHEC, JHDC and JHAS.

Besides you still need a Shipyard T5 for the Elite version.

You need T5 Science. Shipyard is for the fleet ships. Science gets you the hangar pets.
  • Options
    daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    YES it's back, talk away people.

I see no real good reason why the ship is locked away.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I havent seen this topic come up since early last year so i wanted to see if there is any update. As someone who owns a Jem Dred but has no way to access an atack ship (seriously there is literaly none on the exchange and its not in any current officer packs or lockboxes) I am still interested in seeing this requirment change. I thought it was a bad idea in the first place, but even letting that go, these ships have been out long enough that maybe it doesnt need to be as special anymore. When i am willing to pay for a dred, and I am willing to pay the fleet creds and dil to get the elite version, it seems rediculous that I still cant complete my dred by getting the attack ship pets. As far as i know this is the only pet in the game that requires two ships to buy and use

Then maybe you should use the search button...had someone complain about this just a week or two ago in this forum.

Just because you bought one thing doesn't mean you're entitled to another, by that logic you should be complaining that your dread doesn't come with a MK XII Jem'Hadar set...makes just about as much sense.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Then maybe you should use the search button...had someone complain about this just a week or two ago in this forum.

Just because you bought one thing doesn't mean you're entitled to another, by that logic you should be complaining that your dread doesn't come with a MK XII Jem'Hadar set...makes just about as much sense.

that was me, and I bought the JHDC, I shouldn't have to get the JHAS to be able to get the pets...WHICH ARE ONLY AVAILIBLE TO USE ON THE JHDC!!!....it's like me buying an SUV but the tires are all teeny tiny spares...I'd have to buy a car of the same brand to get the tires for my SUV...sure I can still drive the SUV, but the tires would suck, they'd be too narrow.

that's the general feeling.

and to anyone else, If your argument is "I have a sandwich, so you can't be starving" , this topic applies.
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I actually get your point OP. I myself have a JHDC and woul love to have the bug, not just for the pets but also to fly. Personally I do find it annoying that there is currently no realistic way of buying this ship, or grinding for this ship. And don't get me wrong I am totally understanding that this ship is special, and requires a special effort to attain.
    However I am also firmly of the opinion that not every player can hurl god only knows how much real cash into annoying doff packs. I would happily save zen, or do a mad mark grind, or even hammer away at standard lockboxes to get one happily. But putting them in those doff packs was not in any way appealing considering the cash/gamble involved.
    Don't get me wrong here I don't mind spending real money on sto, happily have, happily will, but as the OP said, there is no way of getting it at all atm.
    And it would be nice if when they do start dropping them again they put it into something that has a chance of getting something else other than doffs in the inevitable event you get squat in terms of your bug you may still have something that makes you feel like you haven't just wasted your money.
    I happily worked for my bastion flight deck cruiser, and on the very many occasions I failed to get it, occasionally I got a voth weapon or something nice.
    But with things as they are there is no way for us simpletons who don't have access to time travel to go back and get one in the winter event, and has made this ship only really available for those with more cash to get it. Sadly I have heard a string of people ingame over the time I have played going to questionable sources (those websites) to obtain these ships. I find this disturbing.
    On another note I did read the epic thread last year, but frankly thought it degenerated down to a flame-fest that was just a plain silly.
    I do see both sides of the coin, but its difficult not to be irked when there is simply no way of gaining this ship currently. I also know they ran the event not long ago, I took a few shots, probably wasted more money than I should have trying for it. But it still hasn't stopped this ship from becoming totally elitist sadly.
    And now judging by what happened to anyone with a simillar opinion last year. Let the ranting commence.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    ... Lets try this again.

Do I need to own the Type-10 shuttle do unlock the Elite Shuttle pets? Do I need to own the Yellowstone to unlock the Elite runabouts.

This argument about being "entitled" is hilarious because the JHAS IS entitlement because owning it does unlock the option to buy the hangar pets, a hangar pet that can ONLY be used by the JHDC.

You are not using logic, you are misusing a word ... entitlement is exactly what JHAS owners HAVE because they get a unlock to use on another ship, since the JHDC doesnt come with the Jem'hadar set so the JHAS doesnt come with a hangar to launch itself, the ship have NO USE for its own unlock.

The logic was Cryptic looking at the JHAS sales and popularity at the time decided that the JHDC wasnt good enough for those people so they put the hangar behind a unlock to sell the JHDC to JHAS owners because they would be entitled, never mind the cost ... 30k Dilithium for rare and 45k Dilithium for Ultra.

To get the Orion interceptors you need to own the Orion Dacoit Flight Deck cruiser, and to get the Orion Slavers you need to own any of the Orion Flight Deck cruisers. So it's not unprecedented.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    To get the Orion interceptors you need to own the Orion Dacoit Flight Deck cruiser, and to get the Orion Slavers you need to own any of the Orion Flight Deck cruisers. So it's not unprecedented.

yes....but you can use those interceptors on the ship you need to own, not to mention they can be used on any carrier.

the JHAS pets cannot be launched from the JHAS, nor can it be used on any other ship (understandable in a way) not to mention it's an unlock the JHAS owners cannot use if they dont have the JHDC.

It's an illogical and insulting cash grab that seems to be on a downward slope after seeing such in game support, and a minor support from the forums.
  • Options
    wait4mewait4me Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    OP, I do understand your frustration with being unable to access the JHAS pets; they are pretty freakin' awesome. Elite ones start with over 31,000 hull and go over 33,000 hull at rank 5. They last very well and hit hard - plus they are just really nice to watch working over one enemy or another.

That said, I paid through the nose for them, in real money for keys. That was my choice, and honestly if you really want them you can earn some real money of your own to get them, once they are listed on the exchange again. I also had to wait until I found a good price; sometimes you have to be patient.

So, before I will condone any giveaway of JHAS pets, I need to hear a great proposal for how you would compensate those who did pay the time/money for these pets? I don't really think it should happen, but let's hear your proposed solution.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    yes....but you can use those interceptors on the ship you need to own, not to mention they can be used on any carrier.

the JHAS pets cannot be launched from the JHAS, nor can it be used on any other ship (understandable in a way) not to mention it's an unlock the JHAS owners cannot use if they dont have the JHDC.

It's an illogical and insulting cash grab that seems to be on a downward slope after seeing such in game support, and a minor support from the forums.

JHAS is not a carrier or FDC, so no it couldn't. I listed those as examples of a precedent of forcing players to get one thing, to unlock another.

The JHAS is an ultra rare ship, so of course availability will be scarce.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    wait4me2 wrote: »
    OP, I do understand your frustration with being unable to access the JHAS pets; they are pretty freakin' awesome. Elite ones start with over 31,000 hull and go over 33,000 hull at rank 5. They last very well and hit hard - plus they are just really nice to watch working over one enemy or another.

That said, I paid through the nose for them, in real money for keys. That was my choice, and honestly if you really want them you can earn some real money of your own to get them, once they are listed on the exchange again. I also had to wait until I found a good price; sometimes you have to be patient.

So, before I will condone any giveaway of JHAS pets, I need to hear a great proposal for how you would compensate those who did pay the time/money for these pets? I don't really think it should happen, but let's hear your proposed solution.

You made the choice to do that, not them. The pets are not a requirement to use the JHDC. I use the DC just fine with elite scorpions.

You wanted the attack ship pets badly enough that you were willing to pay whatever price for them without someone sticking a gun to your head. No one needs to compensate you for a choice YOU made.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Except you didnt, the ships you listed come with those pets and are in fact in the ship when you get them.

Its a loaded argument, you might as well use consoles and skins of lower tier ships as example, heck the Assault Cruiser Refit comes with a launcher that can be used on any ship ...

No, its not. In order to get the elite pets (you are not going to seriously argue that people are just going to sit around and use the default pets) you need the appropriate ship. You do not get the elite pets out of the box.
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As much as it irks me to say it (and it does as I didn't see it when I got the dreadnought carrier). It is ( or was as mentioned in last years thread) in the small print when purchasing this ship that you need the bug for the pets. Though I'm not saying it isn't really annoying if you didn't notice it, or even if you did, especially if you've maxed you JHDC build and just want that icing on the cake ( I do myself).
    As a previous poster mentioned, the people that DID in fact buy this ship with cash or insane grind would have to be compensated for the sheer magnitude of investmen required for the ship, as if it were me, and they gave it away, I think I would have an anneurysm.
    I don't see cryptic doing this however, it would be cool if they did some kind of zen re-imbersement for the ships, but given the sheer cost of this ship and the ingame cash outlay, and its possible effects then on ingame markets I really don't see it happening.
    What MIGHT work PERHAPS and only if it would satisfy the playerbase who already own the ship, would be some kind of MIGHTY zen price, 10k maybe... I don't know I'm just thinking aloud. I would certainly save my zen for several months for it.
    Another idea would be for an insane grind that was widely considered to be comparable to time spent grinding for dilithium-zen or ec, or even what people accept as an acceptable grind comparable to their RL expendature.
    Sadly though, and it really does sadden me to say, I don't see anything changing in terms of availability for this ship.
    It was my first ship I bought in the beginning, after my mirror upgrade on my first toon. I would love to see something happen with this as I would love to break my canon build out and finally finish it off with that much wanted bug.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    No, its not. In order to get the elite pets (you are not going to seriously argue that people are just going to sit around and use the default pets) you need the appropriate ship. You do not get the elite pets out of the box.

no you don't get them out of the box, who said they would?

Also it brings up another good point, i got 60 smackers ready to pay into the game for the damn elite frigates
    should they ever be unlocked from the tandem gate between the jhas and jhdc.

I'd like to believe people would pay for zen to dil conversion just to have the elite fighters, it's at least profitable in that extent.