test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is your beef with the Galaxy playerbase?

kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Federation Discussion
Hello, and welcome.

I am here to issue you a formal challenge.

I want to know how much DPS you can make a Galaxy Retrofit do.

I don't want this to turn into a debate on her merits and flaws, we have a nearly 600 page thread already where you can do that to your heart's content. In fact I'm starting this thread to stop polluting that one. You can find it here if you want to talk about such things:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=528931

The rules are simple. Take a (Fleet)Galaxy Retrofit, buff her to the gills, and compete for the top spot. Screen shot the parse, post it here. There will be 3 categories, for each of the professions, and I will keep track of the highest scores for each map represented. I would encourage sharing the build as well, as this is a data gathering project more then a true competition, but if you would rather keep your secrets, I won't pry.

I will start things off in the Science category. 14.1k ISE

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g362/DarielaScc/Galcarrierrecord2_zps3e1811bb.png

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/index.php?build=galrcarrier_5664

Put up, or shut up! :P

:
:
Galaxy Retrofit

Engineering:

Science:
kimmym: 14.099k ISE

Tactical:
vexashen: 18.462k ISE (STOCLR)
nikephorus: 13.220k Starbasse Fleet Alert (STOCLR)
Sirrokk: 10.755k ISE (ACT)

Galaxy-X

Engineering:

Science:

Tactical:
Risingstar2009: 11.971k ISE (ACT)
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
kimmym_5664.jpg
Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Post edited by kimmym on

Comments

• Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is the galaxy x acceptable?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    robdmc wrote: »
    Is the galaxy x acceptable?

In the interest of fun, I will create a second set of catagories for the Galaxy-X, just so more people can get in on the fun. Please indicate in your posts which Galaxy type you were flying.
    kimmym_5664.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    skilltree + boffs?

If you go thru the different tabs on my STO academy profile, it should show you my skill tree, my rep skills, and I wrote in my doffs on the notes tab.

I would repeat them here, but I keep them updated when I hit a new record... to do so would not be nearly as helpful as showing you where I put the information.

If STO academy horked the info... I will put it back in.

Edit: What do you know it horked my skills.... fixing now... Sorry, fixed!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    I think you should also show results from the Fleet Excelsior and Fleet Ambassador. The 2 predecessors to the Galaxy then you might see what people mean when it's not on par with other cruisers.

Begone.

I care not about what they do here. I care not of your opinion here. Go to the other thread for that.

This is for information gathering and bragging rights. If you don't get it, don't stay.

Edit: If you want that information, I will gladly participate in a thread of yours, politely and by the unofficial "rules". I just really don't need the no brainer info that a ship that is more tactically focused can do more DPS. My daughter doesn't game and could figure that out. If you want to know how much more I can do in those ships, give me time, I'm only one girl hehe.

As it is, I only decided to let the Gal-X in and gather data for her as a service to Galaxy fans. Of course she can do more DPS... she is more tac... but this could be fun, why not let more people get in on it?
    kimmym_5664.jpg
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    Begone.

I care not about what they do here. I care not of your opinion here. Go to the other thread for that.

This is for information gathering and bragging rights. If you don't get it, don't stay.

You should probably change the title of your thread then? I mean the title as it stands purposely is similar to "the other thread." So you're consciously trying to attract those same posters. Thus telling them to go back to the other thread seems a little odd.

I mean why make the topic seem like it's an extension of that other thread, if instead it's just a thread about data collecting for one (though now two) specific ships?

If your thread is oranges. And the other thread is apples, your sign shouldn't mention apples in it.

;)

That being said, I do have access to the Galaxy Retrofit on Tribble. What should I test it against?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    You should probably change the title of your thread then? I mean the title as it stands purposely is similar to "the other thread." So you're consciously trying to attract those same posters. Thus telling them to go back to the other thread seems a little odd.

I mean why make the topic seem like it's an extension of that other thread, if instead it's just a thread about data collecting for one (though now two) specific ships?

If your thread is oranges. And the other thread is apples, your sign shouldn't mention apples in it.

;)

That being said, I do have access to the Galaxy Retrofit on Tribble. What should I test it against?

Anything you like, I want numbers more then anything. ISE is the obvious choice as people flock to it, but if you give me a parse for anything else, I will note it and gladly accept the information :)

And yeah, I used the old thread title style... I'm whimsical... Bad idea? Maybe, but it might get some more action. I really want things to be peaceful, I will debate opinion in the proper place, I provided a link to a much more productive place to discuss. Thank you for your notice.
    kimmym_5664.jpg
  • Options
    oninotaki18oninotaki18 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am really curious, how potent are the boarding parties with point defense phasers? Your build was exactly what I expected except for that. Also how much of an impact does the increased threat have on your survivability with so few healing powers.

All in all its just nice to see a non aux2bat build pull in the dps even if it it still spams BFAW.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I am really curious, how potent are the boarding parties with point defense phasers? Your build was exactly what I expected except for that. Also how much of an impact does the increased threat have on your survivability with so few healing powers.

All in all its just nice to see a non aux2bat build pull in the dps even if it it still spams BFAW.

I'm still experimenting, but with 1 assault squad officer they occasionally hit for as much as a good torp? I've seen some do 20k damage (not DPS, and not in a burst, I mean the damage they did while alive.) They usually don't live that long, or actually get where they are going and do what they were originally meant too.

What I need to do once my wrists aren't so sore, is reverse the FDO's and the assault squad officers, and go 3+1 the other way. I'm not entirely sold that quantity is better then quality in this place, but I'm having too much fun spitting all those shuttles... its why I wen't that way first even tho I'm pretty sure stacking more chances for point defense is going to be better in the long run.

Edit: Best part... knocking Donatra out of cloak with my fleet of shuttles hehe...

And? It is a weak point defense for you, as well... always nice to have.

I have yet to try with phasers as I don't have a good set, but since they are not hangar pets, they might get a phaser bonus? who knows? Maybe one day I'll see, but I'd likely lose more then I gained. They are getting graviton procs, plasma console procs, and DEM procs, according to my logs.

If I didn't need the adapted maco to keep my crew up, I'd see about tet glider, too, but it doesn't show in logs, and its an ability that will go off only randomly when I get a point defense proc... testing that would be hard.

Oh, and I'm sorry I forgot the threat question. Typically, it makes 0 difference if I use + or - threat. I test exclusvely in pugs, as I personally want real-world situations, not perfect storm ones, to base my desicions on. + or - threat, doesn't matter, threat aura, doesn't matter, 9 out of 10, they are hitting me anyway...
    kimmym_5664.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    Perhaps you should change the name of the thread to "How well can you do with the Galaxy" or "How much dps is the Galaxy capable of".

For you, I will see about doing so. My apologies if I sounded gruff earlier, and thank you for respecting the "rules".

Edit: My attempts are running into issues, it changed the title but not the thread title... oh my... Mods? I don't ask much, and I really have been trying very hard to keep my fiery temper under wraps, could I perhaps indulge a favor, if things do not resolve themselves? Please? I'll give you a peace muffin?

I'm guessing threads do not get noticed unless reported for content or very active. I will wait patiently and hopefully. Please, all, do not let my playful attitude be misconstrued as malice. I hope for an feeling of joyous and playful competition, where you can say, "You think you're so good? I can make an Engineer do X DPS in the worst ship in the game, what can you do with her?" and have some friendly, good natured fun while we see just exactly what the worst ship in the game can do.

That is what I want to know more then anything. What can the top of the playerbase do with what I will concede has been elected the wurst shp eva, and get people thinking outside the box. It can only help us fly other ships better, pushing the boundaries helps everybody :)
    kimmym_5664.jpg
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Because I enjoy the challenge of pushing ships to doing their best and also because I have a love for the Galaxy class ships, I have been revisiting my Gal-R for the past few weeks and have been impressed with what it's been capable of, but not quite as impressed as I am with my other cruisers though.

With my Eng Fed, typically I get about 2/3rds of the damage of my Excelsior, granted the Excelsior has one more Tactical console slot and a little inherent different BOff layout, also both the Gal-R and AHCR are both supposed to have +5 to all power systems according to STOWiki. I find it difficult to believe that with the diminishing returns from stacking consoles that it would make that much of a difference.

I am planning to do a little more testing to make sure that I am comparing apples to apples and then bring my results back to the thread for discussion.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Hi, Kimmym. Looking at your build I noticed that you have slotted the Particle Generators. I don't see any Science abilities, perhaps your boosting your characters abilities?

Curious. Thanks!
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I had particle generators that gave a +plasma mod, and not any other type.

Nothing really special there. I could do better, but its what I had.
    kimmym_5664.jpg
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Did a few runs today and messed with my build a bit to try and squeeze more dps out of it. The main issue I run into is the Lt Tac station. I'm now running B:FaW1 and AP:B1. I've had to remove TT1 which I believe will reduce my staying power particularly against hard hitting targets like a borg tactical cube. I've tried to keep TT, but without Attack Pattern Beta debuff my damage suffers unless I'm lucky enough to get a team that's tossing it around for me. I've tried to offset the loss of TT1 with EPtS3... also got the RSP duty officer so will see how that goes. I haven't had a chance to use my slightly modified build in an ISE yet, but I did do a Fleet Alert and managed 13.3k. I'll do some test runs in ISE this weekend and see how it goes.

Really wish that Ensign Engineering station was Tactical. That would make the ship sooo much easier to work with. [/whine]:cool:

Here's what I'm running right now for those interested.

Boff Layout:

Lt Tac: B:FaW1, AP:B1
    Cmd Engineering: ET1, Aux2Bat1, EPtS3, DEM3
    LtCmd Engineering: EPtW1, Aux2Bat1, RSP2
    En Engineering: EPtE1
    Lt Sci: HE1, TSS2

Gear:

Weapons (Fore) - 3xVoth Antiproton Beam Arrays [CrtD]x3, Experimental Proton Weapon
    Weapons (Aft) -2xVoth Antiproton Beam Arrays [CrtD]x3, Omni-Directional Antiproton Beam Array, Borg Cutting Beam

Assimilated Deflector, Sub-Transwarp Engine with a Fleet Elite Resilient Shield and Obelisk Rift Warpcore.

Consoles:

Engineering: Zero Point, Assimilated, Plasmonic, 2xFleet RCS Accelerators
    Science: Tachyokinetic, Emitter Array [-th] [Pla], Proton Particle Stabilizer
    Tactical: 2xVulnerability Locators [AP]

Duty Officers:
    3xTechnicians (For Aux2bat)
    Systems Engineer (Marion with DEM)
    Conn Officer (Enhances attack patterns +10)
    Fabrication Engineer (Increase duration of RSP by 8 seconds)
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Can I use my level 30 galaxy?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    vexashenvexashen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=vexfleetgalaxy1_3060

My toons name is Edward Teach
    Link to the parse picture below.

Doffs are:
    2 purple conn officers for tac team
    purple energy weapon doff for beam cool downs
    Blue energy weapon doff for beam cool downs
    Marion for dem buffing

My reps on this toon are not complete and I don't have my 6th doff yet. My build isn't totally optimized for the Galaxy as its not the only ship I fly.

galcomlog3521Pop.jpg
    The ORIGINAL SERIES VETERANS www.Tosfleet.com
    [SIGPIC]http://file3.guildlaunch.net/205090/DVhexishensig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Cruisers with mk x common in infected elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q82PqoFFxjc
    Cruisers with good gear in infected elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMnFljZD9m8
    Soloing Infected Elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaEFICFx4E8&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    gogereavergogereaver Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    heh i was flying the retro fit sense the day it was released. just recently switch to a avenger class. and to be honest i may pull the galaxy out again. i have personalty hit for 17k with a beam overload easily. for a beam boat your best type is going to be antiproton or romluion rep disruptor. its no king of dps but the ships tough as nails can survive pretty much any elite stf with non rep gear. and can put out stable dps. it also has the fastest turn of all the cruisers when you have the saucer off.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Nikephorous: Thank you for your data. You did not supply a screenshot or mention what proffesion you were playing. I assume Tac because it was in your sig, which would put Vexashen above you anyway, so a screenshot is not needed I suppose.

Rylanadionysis: If you give me level 30 Galaxy data, I will track it. Why not? It's all for fun.

Vexashen: Thank you! You were one of the people I had hoped to hear from! You didn't mention, but I looked you up on Gateway, I am putting you in the Tac category. One of these days I'll make a committed one ship skill build, but I test so many things and fly so many ships it just wouldn't be efficient for me yet.
    kimmym_5664.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Nikephorous: Thank you for your data. You did not supply a screenshot or mention what proffesion you were playing. I assume Tac because it was in your sig, which would put Vexashen above you anyway, so a screenshot is not needed I suppose.

Rylanadionysis: If you give me level 30 Galaxy data, I will track it. Why not? It's all for fun.

Vexashen: Thank you! You were one of the people I had hoped to hear from! You didn't mention, but I looked you up on Gateway, I am putting you in the Tac category. One of these days I'll make a committed one ship skill build, but I test so many things and fly so many ships it just wouldn't be efficient for me yet.

Here's my screen...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/iphacles/galaxypars_zps5f3b1afe.jpg

So I guess then that we are allowed to join groups of high dps people to inflate our own dps?
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    nikephorus wrote: »
    Here's my screen...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/iphacles/galaxypars_zps5f3b1afe.jpg

So I guess then that we are allowed to join groups of high dps people to inflate our own dps?

Groups are fine.

Again, I do all my testing in pugs because that is the gameplay I am personally curious about. Information from "Perfect Storm" groups is even more valuable really, even tho I rarely find myself in one.

A group with 4 Sci's in Recluses with Weavers stacking AP:B3, Sensor Scan, and other debuffs thru the roof? Fair Game! Any other ship in the game can get those benefits as well.
    kimmym_5664.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Oh, and re-reading I realize that was not an ISE. 13.220 is a pretty damned snazzy fleet alert! Nice work!

Score noted!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Groups are fine.

Again, I do all my testing in pugs because that is the gameplay I am personally curious about. Information from "Perfect Storm" groups is even more valuable really, even tho I rarely find myself in one.

A group with 4 Sci's in Recluses with Weavers stacking AP:B3, Sensor Scan, and other debuffs thru the roof? Fair Game! Any other ship in the game can get those benefits as well.

Yah that's my only concern with this is obviously if your teamed up with a group of 4 scimitars all doing 30k dps your own damage will be much higher.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    As a follow up to the question on boarding parties, I just parsed a boarding party as doing 37,025 damage (not DPS)

She was the highest scoring pet I lauchned, beating each individual nimbus pirate and photonic fleetmember.

The next highest scoring pet was a Photonic Typhoon at 31,798, then a nimbus pirate at 30,237.

This was a run with 3 assault squad officers and 1 flight deck officer. No record, mediocre showing, I flew poorly I am expecting company and it usually takes me some time to warm these old joints up.
    kimmym_5664.jpg
  • Options
    vexashenvexashen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    FYI as of the latest patch APB no longer stacks.

Edit: It no longer stacks your own (including your pets) betas
    The ORIGINAL SERIES VETERANS www.Tosfleet.com
    [SIGPIC]http://file3.guildlaunch.net/205090/DVhexishensig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Cruisers with mk x common in infected elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q82PqoFFxjc
    Cruisers with good gear in infected elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMnFljZD9m8
    Soloing Infected Elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaEFICFx4E8&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    captaindecker12captaindecker12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    "What is your beef with the Galaxy, playerbase?"
    Actual Join Date: Dec 2009 (Yes, that's pre-launch)