test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is your beef with the Galaxy playerbase?

2»

Comments

• sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ok, finally got things together and seemed to have my best game yet. I have been about 6K to 7K. Going by EncDPS I got 10.7K DPS.

ACT results from an ISE session, see Sirrokk:
    http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k520/kufber/ISE-Sirrokk_zpsb8aba62a.png

Build and Skills:
    http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=sirrokkgalr_6071

Suggestions and comments are welcome on any optimization and changes.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank you all for your participation. All data is useful data!

I'm noticing a problem tho, and that is we are all using different parsers. And to muddle things, ACT has different plug-ins which all record data differently.

Personally, I find ACT to be unwieldy at best, and wildly inaccurate at worst, but I don't want to dictate what choice of software to use. I personally can't say enough things about STOCombatLogParser. It is amazingly good. It's only downside... It is German. The English translation is about perfect, so it is quite usable, but I had to figure it all out myself. It's learning curve is *MUCH* less steep then ACT, even with no documentation, but it is different, and requires handling things a bit different as a result, but when all is said and done, STOCombatLogParser is a breeze to use, has a ton of features that are actually relalvent to the game that we are playing, is updated regularly, and... the best part really... gives higher numbers then ACT :P

Maybe somebody out there has a link to some English documentation? I only found it by chance one day when somebody posted the results in the chat and I was curious about the name. I think I saved the link let me dig it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Kv2QGRi58

When you first run it, a couple dialogs will be in German. Click thru, and it becomes English soon enough.

Anyway, again, I don't want to dictate which software you use, but I have to deal with this somehow. For now I will simply record results separately, and if somebody switches parsers I will replace their entry.

Elsewise, use using STOCombatLogParser are almost always going to be on top, and the rest of you shouldn't even show up :P

I'm feeling a bit better today, and got me some Elite Fleet phaser beams, finally! I really got them for my PvP healboat Ody/Ambassador, but I might see what I can do in ISE with a Gal-X, seeing as we still don't have a Science entry for her. I didn't want to go filling up the list with just my scores, but I'm curious myself now what I can make the ol' girl do...

Edit: Both of you, you didn't say what proffession, but I got it from your STO Academy profile, both listed as Tacs. Unless you say otherwise, I am putting you both in as Tacs.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Didn't know there was another parser out there. I will redo it tonight using the STOCLP instead of ACT.

I may be able to do all three professions for the Gal-X as well.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
    edited February 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    STOCombatLogParser is a breeze to use, has a ton of features that are actually relalvent to the game that we are playing, is updated regularly, and... the best part really... gives higher numbers then ACT :P

Maybe somebody out there has a link to some English documentation? I only found it by chance one day when somebody posted the results in the chat and I was curious about the name. I think I saved the link let me dig it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Kv2QGRi58

I would be happy to use the same parser as you. I found some links but I'm not sure about the sources - I like to get applications directly from the original sources, less chance of malware being introduced and the source will have the latest version.

Does STOCombatLogParser have a Help and About menu option that may say who created the application? Might even be a link there. Any information would be helpful.

If I can find the source, I'll share it. :)
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
    edited February 2014
    This is the About page, Copy and Pasted.
    Welcome and thank you for using CombatLog Reader. I hope you find it useful and helpful.

This program was developed and written by Lea@omegashoker.
    I'm Fleetbase Commander (Fleet Rank 6), Co-Leader and Chief of Staff of the Starfleet Germany!

If you want to contact me, please use ingame possibilities!

This CombatLog Reader is especially developed for Star Trek Online. It may work with other Cryptic games but there is no guarantee for that.
    kimmym_5664.jpg
  • hawkishmonkhawkishmonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Didn't have time for more than one run but I figure I'll contribute too. To be fair I had a really good team for this run.

Character: Teya
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/forvrknight/STO/DPSISE.png

Profession: Engineer

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=galrplasmsa_0
    (Replace the Dyson engines/warp core/shields with the Solanae ones since skillplanner doesn't have them yet.)

Doffs: 2x Sci team recharge, 1x M/AM Aux2D, 2x Beam recharge
    edited February 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    This is the About page, Copy and Pasted.

For those of us that don't already have "CombatLog Reader"...

Here's a link to Lea@omegashoker's Fleet forum pointing to a fairly recent ZIP file. Expand ALL the contents into it's own folder and read the README file.

http://www.starfleetgermany.org/html/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=321&h=a4997ad27e2e6a0ac7aca6a11fcdea3ad72fe2e6

You'll need to install Java to run it. Go to java.com, click on Free Java Download. During the installation make sure to UNCHECK the options to install any additional software (like McAfee Security Scan, etc.).

Securing Java: When done, go to the Control Panel, open Java, select the Security tab and uncheck "Enable Java Content in the browser" unless you know you really need Java connected to your browser.
    edited February 2014
    Ok, so here's my awesome DPS that used to be 10K in ACT, and now is an amazing 7.9K in STOCombatLog Reader! Of course, that was a freak score, since my average is about 6.5K. :D

STOCombatLog Reader: (Sirrokk)
    http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/kufber/media/ISE-2-9-14-Capture_zps20e80305.png.html

Build:
    http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=sirrokkgalr_6071

Comments and suggestions are welcome! :)

EDIT: I usually do 2xAux2Bat w/ Tech doffs, but it doesn't seem to make much difference.
  • torvinecho25torvinecho25 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Go back to pre-LoR before Embassy consoles existed and half of these builds will lose a solid 25% of their DPS...
    edited February 2014
    Go back to pre-LoR before Embassy consoles existed and half of these builds will lose a solid 25% of their DPS...

I'll stick to comparing non-Fleet builds for now. There seems to be enough differences that show that there is room to optimize/adjust without having to take the next step up to using Fleet consoles. Thanks.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The galaxy isn't an ideal dps boat by any stretch, but there are ways you can attempt to offset it's badness for those that just love the look and want to fly it without being a stick in the mud. It has tons of engineering abilities and consoles, so you'll probably have to use an aux2bat build with two copies of aux2bat. That will give your few tactical powers double value, not to mention having room for directed energy modulation. The ship also has a ton of engineering consoles but few tactical consoles. Offset it with more universal consoles, the ones that increase your dps but you can't ever quite fit them all on your 5 tac console ships. They aren't as good as a tactical slot, but they beat stacking hull armor when you can survive PvE just fine without them. I'll put all my leech/borg/romulan/nuka/ consoles and the like along with an rcs accelerator in the engineering slots, three flow capacitor/plasma damage science consoles (you sure as hell won't be short on power) and two plasma infusers in my tactical consoles, couple with romulan plasma/experimental beam ect for weapons..
  • starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There's a reason why STO-CombatLogReader is giving higher numbers than Advanced Combat Tracker. By default, it only counts the damage you do during active combat rather than the damage dealt in the time between your first and last shots. That gives inflated DPS figures. If you enable the following settings, the results are much more consistent with ACT:

DPS-Calculation by Overall combat time (from first to last hit)
    Pets use combat time of owner
    Ignore warp core breach

I'll use my character Muri@Starboard_Nacelle as an example. He's an Engineer flying a Fleet Exploration Cruiser Retrofit. I just took him through Infected: The Conduit (Elite) and ran the numbers.

This is the incorrect parse. 14,626.127 DPS? It sounds too good to be true because it is.

This is the parse with the settings altered to gather more accurate data. Here is an ACT parse of the same log. When averaged, it appears I actually did 11,235.4915 DPS.

I suggest that anyone who's posted logs in this thread using STO-CombatLogParser correct their settings and post new results.
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the settings.

Going over past logs, the largest discrepency I found was ~550dps. That is because I usually have close to 100% uptime in ISE. Pets use combat time of owner didn't change the numbers at all, other then to clear up their reading on the chart itself (My end number was unchanged, just the line that read my pets DPS)

The one that poking around is helping me a ton is turning off "HY-Torpedoes, mines etc. are abilities." Again, no change to the end number, but as my Atrox uses no torps or mines, turning that off finally puts the scorpion pets torpedos DPS under pets, as well. They still don't go to the scorp, but they all get tucked away under pet damage and get parsed under my combat time on the pet line of my overall... Not perfect but it will do.

Not a lot of interest, and I didn't start this to record my own progress. Thanks for everybody who participated, if I get more entries I will fill them. Since the patch I've been lost in loadouts and building all my ships to be functional instead of floating storage bins as well, so I haven't been trying to set any records. Gotten more into building canon style ships and having fun.

Edit: I forgot to mention, several of the logs turned out to parse in my favor... If I can find the Galaxy log I'll update it... I'm not sure I saved it or purged it or what I have *SOOOOO* many logs and make more every day.

My Atrox did more DPS then I thought she did, I'm up to 18.770...
    kimmym_5664.jpg