test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

=/\= The 2nd Fleet =/\=

1161718192022»

Comments

• lazy8521lazy8521 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Is that where I am? I thought this was the pvp. (Seriously Cryptic, I wouldn't mind some insight).
    edited September 2012
    Sadly school's keeping me busy so I'm not going to be posting on here as often as I used to.
  • landshark535landshark535 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    lazy8521 wrote: »
    Sadly school's keeping me busy so I'm not going to be posting on here as often as I used to.

Well, I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok.
    edited October 2012
    I once went to a restaurant that had a sign that read "Breakfast served anytime"

I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.

-Steven Wright
  • vonamicusvonamicus Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Whoops wrong Fleet, sorry! Where's the delete button on this thing! ;-)
    =/\=Von Amicus=/\=
    12th Fleet
    Fleet Executive Officer
    SigRA.png
    edited November 2012
    There is no delete button, there is only Zuul.
    edited November 2012
    Finally got over to Tribble this weekend and, I must say, New Romulus does not dissapoint.
    edited November 2012
    New Romulus has been pretty fun, so far.
  • ridinginkridingink Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm interested to see what they are going to be doing with the undine in season 8.5... An updated terrordome would be interesting.
    bb8ec35.png

edited February 2014
    So now that Season 8.5 has been live for a while I would like to shout out and say that it is over all fairly interesting. The story was fun, building off what we already know and pushing further.

Me personally I predict an end to the Klingon/Federation war. Its nearly to the point where captains would need to carry a manual to know if the two sides might be allowed to engage one another.

As a post note: 2nd Fleet does indeed welcome Romulan main characters to join us.
    There is also a Klingon side for your alts.
    bb8ec35.png

• mikamochamikamocha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If there is an end to the war, does that mean we can do cross faction teaming?

I think they would have to change all of the missions - no more KDF as enemies? NWS and other missions wouldn't make sense anymore.

I think that it would require too many game mechanic changes to make it feasable. I predict that this war is permanent.
  • ceefaxceefax Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I very much doubt that there can ever be peace between the Federation and the Klingons; at least not in this game. It would need too much rewriting of the early missions to make it worthwhile. The only way it I could see it possibly happen, is if they created a renegade Klingon element, on a par with the Romulan Republic and the Tal Shiar and then rewrote the early Federation missions to be conflict against that faction instead of the entire Klingon Empire.
    edited February 2014
    How about a Cardassian Faction (Joke).
    edited February 2014
    I'm not sure that they would need to re-write the early missions. Because as far as the story is Concerned those missions happen after one another. All they would have to do is explain why the war has now ended at end game. Perhaps have an episode that shows a peace treaty.

As far as queue ups such as NWS, it features practically every enemy no?

Anyway I hope it means an end to the war, mostly because I would like to see cross-factional teaming.
    bb8ec35.png

• gut155gut155 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    are there any original members of 2nd fleet here like from the 1st year or so of its creation?
  • gut155gut155 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    is this fleet actually still active or in the near future could i remake it?
    edited September 2014
    gut155,

This fleet is very active, however we have unfortunately let our Star Trek Online forum page fall back. I am a founding member of the 2nd fleet and can probably answer some questions, but I most definitely encourage you to check out our website; www.2nd-fleet.org, for more information. If you're interested you can apply to join our fleet there.

Thank you for your interest.
    edited September 2014
    So, Delta Rising is a thing. I really want a real Delta Flyer interior to my shuttle.
    edited September 2014
    When I look at some of these "screenshots" that people post, I just think to myself; "I wish I could use photoshop like that." So, does modifying a screenshot still make it a screenshot or does it then become player art?
    edited October 2014
    Fleet Meetings are always productive and involve very little innuendos.
    edited October 2014
    Hey look at that, I'm a Lieutenant now.
  • chaosnexus#5539 chaosnexus Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've applied and haven't heard anything about it.
    edited October 2014
    Sorry, our Integration team is currently a bit under staffed. Hopefully we can be more quick on the draw in the future.
    edited October 2014
    One thing that always help with recruitment is when we are able to contact our prospective fleet members for induction.
    edited October 2014
    There really isn't something as satisfying as getting that 4th pip for the Admiral rank. Well, there is something as satisfying. Perhaps more satisfying, is being a member of The 2nd Fleet. I've seen this game grow and all from the comfort of The 2nd Fleet community.
    edited October 2014
    Ok so I have submitted 2 applications, 1 I never got in touch with anyone and the 2nd was declined for no reason at all. What the heck is going on?
    edited October 2014
    Sorry that we we were unable to get the sto mail to work. We tried to contact there as quickly as possible but perhaps the game mail is broken due to launch.

However we now have a means to communicate with you on our website. So hopefully this situation can be resolved. :cool:
    bb8ec35.png

edited October 2014
    Don't worry about it. Clearly according to certain fleet admins its was somehow my fault they failed to contact me via in-game.
    edited November 2014
    So, difficulty increases with Delta Rising. Probably my incompetence, but those Vaadwaur are already difficult enough for me on Elite.
    edited November 2014
    Well, Turkey Day is over for the US. Back to our regularly scheduled lives.