test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry mission now has 92 Errors in it and is un-publishable.

Comments

• Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The issue is not being blown off. The problem is that this issue requires a programmer to fix. It has been assigned to a programmer, but our programmers have a lot on their plates. As such, issues requiring their attention are triaged based upon how much of the game is affected by the issue. Combine that with the fact that any issue requiring a programmer will take time just due to the nature of the work and we have a situation that probably won't be fixed quickly. I can't even venture a guess as to how long a fix might take.

I understand you have spent a lot of time on a project that was messed up by this issue. I understand that you are angry about that. For what it's worth, I'm sorry. If I could fix the problem myself, I would.

That's the situation to the best of my knowledge.

Is this why stuff has been broken for the KDF for over a year now without any fixes? :D
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The issue is not being blown off. The problem is that this issue requires a programmer to fix. It has been assigned to a programmer, but our programmers have a lot on their plates. As such, issues requiring their attention are triaged based upon how much of the game is affected by the issue. Combine that with the fact that any issue requiring a programmer will take time just due to the nature of the work and we have a situation that probably won't be fixed quickly. I can't even venture a guess as to how long a fix might take.

I understand you have spent a lot of time on a project that was messed up by this issue. I understand that you are angry about that. For what it's worth, I'm sorry. If I could fix the problem myself, I would.

That's the situation to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to relay the progress of the dev team to us. It is greatly appreciated.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    thedukeofrockthedukeofrock Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the fix, much appreciated. :)
    ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
    by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
  • Options
    altexistaltexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Will you please just admit it that this has been Blown off!

Season 8 Tribble is in full gear.
    Hmm, let me wonder where all the programmers will be focusing their efforts?
    Gee thats's a tough one isn't it.

I guess the most important part of my series is just F$%$%ed as well as the others whose missions have been destroyed by this. Apparently it's too much trouble to fix a simple map for us lifers who have spent money as well as dedicated time to building these missions for a game which at the time, was suffering from lack of content. Now that the content is there, TRIBBLE us and our broken mission maps.

Just admit it, this issue is not even on the radar, it HAS been blown off!

DoR
    :mad:

hmmmm. It has been 5 month since this was broken and I came back to see what the status was and to see if the Foundry was given any love after NW launched. But I can see reading Duke of Rock post that things are the same. I share his feeling on this. I am sadden to see a great creative and innovative feature like to foundry left to wither and die in this manner.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Update: 2-6-14
    Good job on the map fix, much appreciated.

Thanks again!

DoR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    5 months for an issue that completely broke many existing missions is unacceptable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thirded. I hold myself to the same standard that I hold other programmers: game-breaking bugs are unacceptable, end of discussion.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That's four.

LoR (and Foundry "fixes") were released way back in May or June. It's been over six months, and something as simple as undoing a map crop still wasn't done. I'm still sitting on over 1500 errors, after deleting the redundant maps.

Over six months, and still waiting.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    It looks like we may have a fix for this inbound.

thedukeofrock, can you get me the Mission ID for you affected project so that when the fix makes it into a build I can test your mission to make sure it is fixed?

For that matter, if anyone else has a mission that was broken by the Ice Caves 03 bug and is still in that state, let me know the Mission ID. I want to make sure the fix works.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the update. Looking forward to this getting sorted.

Mission: The Prisoner

Faction: KDF

Mission ID: ST-HGWW2UNUN
  • Options
    edited February 2014

thedukeofrock, can you get me the Mission ID for you affected project so that when the fix makes it into a build I can test your mission to make sure it is fixed?

For that matter, if anyone else has a mission that was broken by the Ice Caves 03 bug and is still in that state, let me know the Mission ID. I want to make sure the fix works.

Absolutely, The mission is Spawn of Medusa IV
    ID: ST-HT4BAVWUY

Man, you will have made my day, week, and month if they get it fixed. Thanks a lot
    for the update.

DoR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014

LOL and I had all but written this off. I got to give you some points for keeping at it and single handedly trying to keep the Foundry alive.

Here is my mission info:
    Tipping Point - Fed Side - ST-HBS33H8KT

CrypticFrost, the Dev who could. "I think I can.... I think I can.... I think I can get this bug fixed!!"
  • Options
    markjames1markjames1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    altexist wrote: »
    LOL and I had all but written this off. I got to give you some points for keeping at it and single handedly trying to keep the Foundry alive.

Here is my mission info:
    Tipping Point - Fed Side - ST-HBS33H8KT

CrypticFrost, the Dev who could. "I think I can.... I think I can.... I think I can get this bug fixed!!"

Hi,

For what it's worth, I've been very much wanting to play this mission. I did a Google search for 'favorite Star Trek Online Foundry missions'... and 'Tipping Point' showed up on the STO forum discussion posts quite a bit! ;)

Take Care!

P.S. Thank you CrypticFrost and other devs for all your efforts and hard work!
    star-trek-london-captains_zps420d10b3.jpg

These Are The Voyages...
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I also have a mission that uses the Ice Caves map.

"Ghosts of War, Part VI" (aka "Time's Hammer")
    Mission ID: ST-HB3UDU2GK
    Author: @NCC-89471
    Faction: Federation
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Release notes say:

The template map Interior Ice caves 03 will no longer be partially cut off and inaccessible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Well Done.

Now:
    http://oi61.tinypic.com/2iu851y.jpg

Before:
    http://oi39.tinypic.com/32zs8rp.jpg

after more then 6 months, re-publishing now....

CrypticFrost, help yourself to anything in the break room refrigerator labeled "Capt.Geko" You earned it.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    It only took 7 months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    Glad to hear things are looking good so far.

I did what I could, but the person you really need to thank is BranFlakes. He brought the problem to Mr. D'Angelo's attention, who was pretty much the one who initially designed and built the Foundry, in addition to being Cryptic's Chief Technical Officer and STO's EP. As I understand it, it took himself with some help from Neverwinter's main Foundry programmer (probably the two people most knowledgeable with the inner workings of Foundry in the whole company) to find and fix the issue.

That's my understanding of things.

The next time you see BranFlakes at a Con, buy him a drink.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2014

I did what I could, but the person you really need to thank is BranFlakes. He brought the problem to Mr. D'Angelo's attention, who was pretty much the one who initially designed and built the Foundry, in addition to being Cryptic's Chief Technical Officer and STO's EP. As I understand it, it took himself with some help from Neverwinter's main Foundry programmer (probably the two people most knowledgeable with the inner workings of Foundry in the whole company) to find and fix the issue.

<3

Hope to see some of you at the next con :D

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    <3

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    I'll probably will never see you all IRL, but a big thank you for all the efforts is in order!
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited February 2014

That's awesome. I hope he can continue to help to get the Foundry bug list down.

Also, would love to see you and Kestral come out to the Las Vegas con too. :)
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    <3

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I haven't seen any indication of PWE on or offsite at Comic-Con.

I met Jack Emmert there before CoH launched, very briefly.

Does a dev delegation look likely? I'd imagine pro badges are running low if they have any.
  • Options
    kineticimpulserkineticimpulser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014

<3

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

P1 is in the early stages of planning a return to Vegas in 2014, so here's the deal:

Tony will buy one drink for BranFlakes (or the dev of his choice) per Foundry Bug caught and squished by July 1, 2014.

Make it so!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I cannot express my gratitude enough for Brandon getting involved and Mr. D'Angelo helping out. It's great to see the team effort to help us and very much appreciated.

Now if you can forgive me, I need to run and get into the foundry again to see
    about testing and republishing Spawn of Medusa IV.

I'm feeling a little inspired again at last, now I can get back to work on Medusa's Revenge.

:):):):)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markjames1markjames1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I cannot express my gratitude enough for Brandon getting involved and Mr. D'Angelo helping out. It's great to see the team effort to help us and very much appreciated.

:):):):)

Hi,

I am a huge fan of the Star Trek Online Foundry... it's absolutely wonderful that it's getting this kind of care and attention!

We need more comments like the quote above as well, the STO forums can be very negative and downright hurtful at times.

Well said Duke Of Rock!

Take Care!
    star-trek-london-captains_zps420d10b3.jpg

These Are The Voyages...
  • Options
    designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I didn't have this problem but I am none the less very pleased that it did get resolved.

Congrats to both authors and devs.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm very happy that this got fixed. However, please a little quicker than 7 months next time.

its soul crushing when you pour days and weeks into missions and they break beyond your control.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm very happy that this got fixed. However, please a little quicker than 7 months next time.

its soul crushing when you pour days and weeks into missions and they break beyond your control.
    Well... Geko(and the lead NW programmer) fixed it. That says a lot about how much the devs cared about seeing it fixed.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes, thanks for finally fixing this map. I'm planning on remastering that mission anyway, so I won't be republishing it right away, but at least I can use the map again.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    That says a lot about how much the devs suddenly cared about seeing it fixed.

Just needed to fix that Mark. It's a good fix and I am thankful. I hope this sudden interest continues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.