test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Has anyone talked to the loot critter?

rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
For the last few days, a "Talk to Loot Critter" button has popped up during Crystalline Catastrophe, but always disappears before I can click on it.

Has anyone successfully talked to a loot critter? If so, what did they say? ;)
They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
candle_burning.gif
Plasma Nugget
Rayzee
excellentawesome#4589
torgaddon101
raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
Post edited by rickdanko on

Comments

• smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's not just in CC, I've been seeing it pop-up at every loot interaction, too quick to click or screenshot so far...
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Also appears in SB defense, and i didnt catch it unfortunately :P
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You guys see it too!? Thank God for that, I thought I was seeing things.

It gets around that's for sure. STF's, Ker'rat, in missions and FA's...
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I did!!

He rambled something about not liking crowds, then he did what I assumed was ... passing gas?! He scurried-off before I could figure out what had just happened. Oh, and there was a puddle.... definitely a bad-TRIBBLE puddle. On all levels I felt violated.
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I might be the new lockbox Uni console. it creates a decoy that looks like a loot drop and when you try to claim it, it will blow up. Just speculation.
  • rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Loot Critter is a pretty nice girl, but she doesn't have a lot to say.
    The Loot Critter is a pretty nice girl, but she changes from day to day.
    I really wanna tell her that I love her a lot, but I need a belly full of blood wine
    The Loot Critter is a pretty nice girl, she's coming out in Season 9, oh yeah.
    She's coming out in Season 9.
    <abrupt ending>
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You guys do know that the "loot Critters" are the Item drops that enemies leave behind, you know the ones where you go up to and you press "take item" those are loot critters.
  • rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We know, but we've never had the opportunity to speak with them before.
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • xunclexruckusxxunclexruckusx Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, Ive seen them, but as soon as you click on "talk" it disappears
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It told me it was going to eat me. :(

Or nothing, I forget which.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Loot Critter is the name of the item boxes. If there's still a loot drop left on the map, type /target Loot Critter and it will momentarily target one before de-targeting.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    rickdanko wrote: »
    For the last few days, a "Talk to Loot Critter" button has popped up during Crystalline Catastrophe, but always disappears before I can click on it.

It thanked me for never insulting somebody in group activitys and than gave me a JHAS. :)
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My guess is that is what the loot items are called in the engine, that way, they can set it to loot dropped by enemies, items, or critters, and all they need to do is change the name and costume like you would in the foundry. More than likely, it's popping up as a side effect of the server issues from the anniversary crashes, so you're seeing it as it is before applying the changes that make it more game specific.

Either that, or it's like the toothfairy.....
  • alfamegaalfamega Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Either that, or it's like the toothfairy.....
    its the "lootfairy" :D
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Since it only started showing up after Season 8.5 dropped, my theory is that it's some creature that survived in the Solanae Dyson sphere after all its other indigenous lifeforms died off. Then it managed to find its way onto starships, got carried back into the Alpha Quadrant by outgoing ships, and you can guess the rest...
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    "The careful adventurer should be always alarmed if there are lots of bones around a chest, because some chests like to bite. These are mimics!" :eek:

---
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    rickdanko wrote: »

Yep, went to one and said "Can I haz ur stuff, little dead critter?" And the critter didn't object so...
  • admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    How come people have only just started seeing this? I've had it for aobut 6 months.
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I did!!

He rambled something about not liking crowds, then he did what I assumed was ... passing gas?! He scurried-off before I could figure out what had just happened. Oh, and there was a puddle.... definitely a bad-TRIBBLE puddle. On all levels I felt violated.

LOL... Wow... Just... Wow!
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This isn't anything new. The Loot Critter is what we as players know as "bags". You've always been able to see them ever since they added NPCs and whatnot to the minimap, as "loot critter". The option to "talk" to them is mostly just a lag artifact that clears up when the data of the loot critter finally makes its way to your computer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, I spoke to one. It was kinda one-sided... sorta like talking to Morn. But I didn't feel gratified or satisfied like I do after talking to Morn, so I mugged the loot critter and left it bleeding by the side a nebula.

I never saw it again after that, I'm afraid.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes, I did. The All-Knowing Loot Critter revealed knowledge to me that mankind, as a whole, is not yet ready for.
  • chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i spoke to it once and i found out it was OP.

loot critter is OP, please nerf.
  • kestrelliuskestrellius Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah like people have said, it's just the programming name of the loot bag, and it disappears if you click the talk button. Also, they've shown up in the past, just not nearly so often.
  • shireknightshireknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ah glad I'm not the only one wondering what this button's for :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It said, "Because it tells me to..."
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • gunsang1gunsang1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I managed to get one to talk after a long interrogation.

He simply said,

"I DO NOT MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!"
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Ferengi are after this guy for undercutting their businesses. They're serious enough to enforce perpetual corporate contracts that will force him to be less competitive or the Ferengi Commerce Authority will send assassins to buy-out his operations and bodily organs.

This is hearsay and not sure how accurate the info is but at the very least the Ferengi are upset.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • dechala1dechala1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Its probably that Hirogen console coding. Since its drops a loot lookalike object I wouldn't be surprised to find out that's what's causing the loot critternto appear. Also, don't expect it to go away any time soon, they'd probably have to recode the whole thing, which doesn't add to top line revenue ATM.
  • dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I got a rock.

Oh wait, this isn't Halloween.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN