Options

Re: Hourly Event Change/ Weekend Events

124»

Comments

• Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    The Academy event though....I mean that had...rather low rewards anyway. Mirror Incursion though, I don't understand why they would take it out while reworking it. Even if they're making something new, they couldn't they have left the current version up on holodeck?

I regularly got over 7000 dilithium from that event. My highest number of particle fragments was 214.

http://imageshack.com/a/img36/3467/uc5w.jpg

It's the event I miss the most.
  • Options
    captainaramdacaptainaramda Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gogereaver wrote: »
    with so much stuff giving dilithum as a reward there is no need for those events. daily's mining both solo and fleet stf and foundry btw featured foundry gives alot. if your not way over your 8k a day doing these things your doing something wrong.

It seems to me that people like you who make comments like this are on for long hours at a time. Congrats if you're able to do that. Not everyone has massive amounts of time either on a daily basis or a weekly for that matter.

Personally, I work upwards of 70 hours per week. I know some are both full-time workers plus go to school (higher education) full time. Getting the full 8k of dilithium daily is a massive undertaking. Again, you can get this easily congrats to you but do not assume that others are doing it wrong if they can't. They most likely don't have the time to play that you do. Please take that into consideration before making such silly comments.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Honestly? I've rarely had issues getting STFs to fill outside the mark event.....
    Not STFs as much per say, or Crystalline Entity. Why? Because they have great base rewards. But some of the fleets alerts, especially on the Klingon side are incredibly hard to fill in off hours.
    I regularly got over 7000 dilithium from that event. My highest number of particle fragments was 214.

http://imageshack.com/a/img36/3467/uc5w.jpg

It's the event I miss the most.

:eek: That's amazing, what was the secret? It's irrelevant for now, but I never had anywhere close to that kind of success.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Not STFs as much per say, or Crystalline Entity. Why? Because they have great base rewards. But some of the fleets alerts, especially on the Klingon side are incredibly hard to fill in off hours.

:eek: That's amazing, what was the secret? It's irrelevant for now, but I never had anywhere close to that kind of success.
    The bit with expanding or dissipating particles is not random. There IS a right answer that will always give you a particle drop. But it depends on what the prompt is. I melee the Klingons because it's faster than shooting them. I'd go in loops, and do a long path winding around academy, especially the edges. people tend to do the middle more.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The most important is a cooperative instance. Most areas in the map can comfortably support two people; the particles will respawn faster than two people can clear them. If an area is supporting three people there will be some slow down, and four or above is just a waste of time. You don't need an area all to yourself, you just need to make sure you're not sharing an area with too many people.

You also can't discount luck. I consider 180 particles in an hour successful. I don't always get that. Sometimes I struggle to get 150 because of overcrowding and bad luck. That 214 run was a fantastically lucky event with cooperative participants who seemed to understand how to not overcrowd an area. We shared, we knew which particles were ours and which weren't (like an unspoken agreement on which particles each of us would get), and it ran like clockwork.

There's also little tricks I use to increase efficiency.
  • Options
    goobilygoobily Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I cant speak for other fleets out there, but ive noticed a significant reduction of people playing in our fleet since 8.5 came out. Hourly events brought people in - please bring them back.