test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Isn't it just time to end it the wars?

2»

Comments

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Undine infiltrators J'mpok and his lackeys, most of whom are almost certainly infiltrators, are exposed. The Empire is nearly destroyed, along with their subjects among the Gorn, Orions, etc. They come crawling to the Federation and Romulan Republic for help. After careful consideration, the Federation decides not to shoot the dog in the head this once, and the tattered remains of the once-kind-of-great empire try to get a few shots in against the Iconians before their betters win the glorious victory.

ROFL :D :P Yeah, right. Only if the same thing nearly destroys the Federation as well and then we can all bow to our new overlords, the oompa-loompas.
    Seriously, how does going to war against the Federation do anything at all but help the Undine? That's a terrible idea. The Klingons are just as riddled with infiltrators as the Federation, and said infiltrators were almost certainly responsible for the war. But what really needs to happen is for what is nearly the most boring and hackneyed faction in the game to just shoved into the gutter and forgotten about.

Well there certainly can't be peace with a faction that is led by infiltrators bound to destroy you and life as you know it.

But what I find more amusing is how players are ok with pulling imaginary things out of a hat, like the Klingon Chancellor being an Undine where there's exactly zero evidence in game, while conveniently ignoring and disregarding that the Federation is led by Undine even though we clearly see evidence of that in multiple missions.
    lol STO forums :P
    Don't misunderstand me -- I'm not all that much of a fan of the Federation either. In terms of culture, the Romulan Republic are the only ones I really like, Mary Sues or no.

Hey, that's your right. I like pie. :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »
    there are not enough interested klinkons to keep the ques running

On those grounds alone I say end the war
    *rant start*
    No its not just time to end the wars.

Since we are approaching the 4th anniversary I would say : 4 years ago it was JUST time to end it.

The war makes no sense in any remote way.

It was supposed to be the "Base" of pvp. But pvp in the game has exactly ZERO immersion.
    The only effect the war ever had was no team up between the factions, wich menans kdf players couldn't find teams.

Story wise:
    STO was supposed to PROGRESS the Star Trek story. And Klingon federation war is no progress its the opposite. This war was already done.
    Even the backlash in DS9 season 4 was not generally liked. Here it was just repeated.

And in STOs own story:
    WTF?
    Alliance to fight the Borg
    Alliance to fight the Both
    Alliance to fight the Breen
    Alliance to fight the Dominion
    Alliance to fight the Tal'shiar
    But at war with each other.

Yeah thats happening all the time isn't it?
    Don't your remember the part of world war 2, in real history, where the US were invading TRIBBLE germany while, on another front in the east, TRIBBLE and US troops where allied to fight the Russians?
    No? Because things like that do not happen....

*rant ends*

Lmao ur history is WRONG there was US n UK troops in russia yeaching them how to use the arms that was been sent from US to the UK then on to russia. Plus UK n US navy ships were hunting U-boats in off the coast of the USSR.
    I watch a lot of history programs by the way.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    Lmao ur history is WRONG there was US n UK troops in russia yeaching them how to use the arms that was been sent from US to the UK then on to russia. Plus UK n US navy ships were hunting U-boats in off the coast of the USSR.

You didn't get the joke, didn't you?
  • veryth12veryth12 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The real problem with the war is that they have not really owned it as part of STO. The mission storylines do not really have too much to do with the war, just a little here and there peeking in after the tutorials are over. On top of that there's no encouragement to fight one another. If they do not want to have PvP as something forced onto players that's fine, they could always make territory control like with the Voth and each side fights NPCs to gain the territory, but like someone previously said, you can go by just ignoring the fact there's a way if you wanted to. If anything we kind of have a TOS version of a war, where we are at ends when we see each other, but we are not really actively invading each other's space. The only problem is all the teamwork against things like the Borg and the Voth have kind of spoiled that.

If the war is to continue, I think they really need to develop it, otherwise they need to ditch it entirely.
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    That was his point. None of that happened. He just didn't put in [sarcasm] tags.

Though to be honest, his analogy does break down a little. The US and the USSR were allied during WWII, but neither one liked the other and the alliance degenerated into a cold war which threatened the destroy the world.

But yeah, the war is dumb. The reasoning behind it is dumb, and the in-game supporting material is weak.

Either give us a real reason to fight a war, or end it already.
    edited February 2014

Though to be honest, his analogy does break down a little. The US and the USSR were allied during WWII, but neither one liked the other and the alliance degenerated into a cold war which threatened the destroy the world.

Wich only proves my point. Despite not liking each other the Russians and Americans did not fight a war (cold or hot) with each other while fighting the germans together.

You either have an alliance or a war (or none of both) but certainly not both together.
  • redshirtfanredshirtfan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They are ending the war this year.
  • thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    War is good for business.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The only way this war should end is with the death of all Klingon scum and New Romulus is seized by the Federation and Romulans hunted for sport.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You didn't get the joke, didn't you?

LOL he must have a kind of UK sense of humor :D:D
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Spoken like a true Ferenghi
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • jimtkirkjimtkirk Member Posts: 0
    edited February 2014

Really? What war is that? Just when is the last time you were able to fire on an 'enemy' ship? Outside of PVP, which isn't story line that is, and is even now being turned cross faction.

Shared allies, shared enemies, joint operations. This is war? I think not. The only SF/KDF war on STO is in some stubborn developers head. In game, there simply isn't one.
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    saedeith wrote: »
    The only way this war should end is with the death of all Klingon scum and New Romulus is seized by the Federation and Romulans hunted for sport.
    That doesn't sound very becoming of Starfleet. Are you sure you're not an Undine?
    Peace is good for business.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I haven't read the entire thread, but in my opinion the upcoming "summit" is an ideal time to end the war.

BUT

I don't think a formal alliance should be formed. The game is more interesting with strong tensions between the factions, but the trend towards shared content in which "opposing" factions can band together just doesn't mesh with the concept of those factions warring with one another.

What I would prefer to see is a formal end to outright hostilities, but the Federation/Klingon Neutral Zone reinstated and strictly enforced, i.e., border skirmishes and PvP can still occur.

When mutual enemies arise, the factions can put their differences aside and team up, as they have been. The Romulan Republic would be instrumental in maintaining this uneasy peace.

Just my two cents - I think it makes more sense than the status quo we have now, though it still is implausible.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • kestrelliuskestrellius Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wait are you trying to tell me that the Undine haven't infiltrated the Klingon Empire?

Seriously?

Anyway, my point stands. The effort should have been to develop a method of exposing Undine, and then to use it, even if the Klingons somehow were deluded enough to believe that the honor, glory and sheer awesomeness of their empire had saved them from the treachery of the qaH Ma qeV or whatever it is you people call them. Not to declare pointless war, when that was clearly the entire reason for the infiltration in the first place.
    edited February 2014

Rule of Acquisition 35:
    Peace is good for business.
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    I haven't read the entire thread, but in my opinion the upcoming "summit" is an ideal time to end the war.

BUT

I don't think a formal alliance should be formed. The game is more interesting with strong tensions between the factions, but the trend towards shared content in which "opposing" factions can band together just doesn't mesh with the concept of those factions warring with one another.

What I would prefer to see is a formal end to outright hostilities, but the Federation/Klingon Neutral Zone reinstated and strictly enforced, i.e., border skirmishes and PvP can still occur.

When mutual enemies arise, the factions can put their differences aside and team up, as they have been. The Romulan Republic would be instrumental in maintaining this uneasy peace.

Just my two cents - I think it makes more sense than the status quo we have now, though it still is implausible.

Well.... problem is, there already IS a formal Alliance.....
    And a war. At the same time...