test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

EV Suit visuals borked again (Season 8.5)

suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
In general, head, legs or other parts are missing when certain EV suits are worn on certain characters

Female Romulan (KDF-Allied) Solanae Sentinel EV Suit worn on Uniform slot - http://i.imgur.com/pueCBbB.jpg (works fine on Off-Duty slot)
Female Romulan (KDF-Allied) Nukara EV Suit worn on Uniform slot - (was fine pre-Season 8.5) - http://i.imgur.com/kJ60VMs.jpg
Female KDF Joined Trill Solanae EV Suit worn on KHG uniform - http://i.imgur.com/P0hSVTo.jpg

I recall such issue happening some time ago, so I assume once again a new big update has re-introduced bugs that were already fixed.
PyKDqad.jpg
Post edited by suaveks on

Comments

• grievasgrievas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    yep, i had that too. And as usual only on my kdf (the second class faction in STO apparently).

:(
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    In general, head, legs or other parts are missing when certain EV suits are worn on certain characters

Female Romulan (KDF-Allied) Solanae Sentinel EV Suit worn on Uniform slot - http://i.imgur.com/pueCBbB.jpg (works fine on Off-Duty slot)

I can wear the ones from the featured mission no graphical issues, but the dark one from the Lobi store is all screwed up like this on my female romulan
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • kepasbeleglornkepasbeleglorn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    While the three regular suits, obtained in the mission "A Step Between Stars", are shown correctly, the "Sentinel" suit is not shown properly.
    It just looks like that.
    Or like this.
    And here my legs where vaporized by the suns heat.

Oh, nearly forgot to tell...
    Playing a female romulan on the following system:
    Intel Core i7 920
    NVidia GTX 580
    24GB RAM
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I can wear the ones from the featured mission no graphical issues, but the dark one from the Lobi store is all screwed up like this on my female romulan
    Yes, my chracter had no issues with all three suits, but the Sentinel was all broken.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    At least the Marksman and Striker versions on KDF Female characters (Klingon and Orion) only show the helmet and backpack. The chest is the outfit that is on the character and the legs are invisible.

No difficulties per se on my Female Fed aligned Romulan except if I am wearing the cosmetic Maco XI outfit. Then I believe only the helmet is from the Solanae suit - rest is Maco. The Maco helmet does not show on my character normally anyway so that may be why that spot gets the Solanae EV suit graphic.

Also, turning on or off the character armor graphics seems to have no effect on any of this
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited February 2014
    *reads patch notes*is it me or did this issue just get ignored for tomorrow's patch?
    edited February 2014
    Khan Off-duty costume set:
    EV suits and armors now appear normally when wearing the Khan outfit.[/INDENT]

If we're lucky, this would adress the issue as a side effect. However, my female FED romulan does not wear any parts of the Khan outfit.
    Edit: No, the issue survived the patch...
    edited February 2014
    If we're lucky, this would adress the issue as a side effect. However, my female FED romulan does not wear any parts of the Khan outfit.
    Edit: No, the issue survived the patch...
    Well it didnt fix it, heres a screenie from today
    Lobi Store EVA
    and one proving the Marksman EVA from the feature episode shows up just fine.
    Which kinda makes you wonder considering the Lobi version is basically the same with some glowing bits on it
    edited February 2014
    Once again this bug isn't mentioned in the latest patch notes. :(
    edited February 2014
    Once again this bug isn't mentioned in the latest patch notes. :(

AND its still not fixed
  • johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    glad its not just me, I am holding off buying anymore of them untill I know its fixed, i put in a bug report too.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    While I understand the bug issue, I ask why are you wearing ev suits. They are not real armor. They don't even come close to real armor resistance. For the little content in game that you need it, there are more serious bugs.
    320x240.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Because we can?
    The question is not why one would wear an EV suit.
    But when one does, it should look right. Mining dilithium whithout legs is a pain.

And when it comes to visual bugs (not only this one), following your opinion, they should never be fixed before other bugs. But graphical bugs in fact are being fixed. Well, there's even a whole section in this very forum concerning graphical bugs.
    edited February 2014
    simeion1 wrote: »
    While I understand the bug issue, I ask why are you wearing ev suits. They are not real armor. They don't even come close to real armor resistance. For the little content in game that you need it, there are more serious bugs.
    Nukara... now go home troll
  • johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nukara, Mining, and the fact that it helps hugely against those bloody raptors in dyson ground, even if it has lower defence.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
    edited February 2014
    Another patch goes by, and still no fix
    edited February 2014
    We can fix the cat's tails but not the other issues?!
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I got on my Romulan to do a Nukara round. And its still broken. Darn I wanted to shoot some Tholians, but I hate to run around headless and legs missing. And this is with a normal EV suit you find.

I hope they would fixed this by now. Well looks like I will do a different Rep with my Romulan until they do fix it.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, just ran into this while doing A Step Between The Stars today. My Klingon was a legless abomination like all the rest.
    edited March 2014
    Really? The free ones show up fine for me, even on my Gorn. Its the Lobi one that's borked... Shows up fine on my "Alien" in the KDF tho.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Really? The free ones show up fine for me, even on my Gorn. Its the Lobi one that's borked... Shows up fine on my "Alien" in the KDF tho.

Really. I activated the one given in the mission and my Klingon was a jumbled mishmash of her KDF uniform, the EV suit, and invisible legs.
    edited March 2014
    Another patch goes by and its not fixed.... hell its not even mentioned in known issues still
    edited March 2014
    bump so it doesnt get buried.... cant say 'and forgotten' since its just being ignored.
    edited March 2014
    Still not mentioned in the latest patch notes. Not even as "known issue". :(
  • bryanschaeferbryanschaefer Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And, yet again, another patch goes by without it even being acknowledged as a known issue. This is really starting to get ridiculous.
    edited March 2014
    just to be sure, everyone HAS reported this bug right?
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Still with us ... And yes It's been reported ... But as per usual for Cryptic, they are ignoring it.

It's only a small percentage of players and EV suits aren't used that often (except for Nuk Rep) so ... Pfft ... We don't make much/any money from it, so maybe we'll get to it some time after season 15 or maybe season 20.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
    edited April 2014
    Another patch goes by and... well you know
  • logan375logan375 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have the same issue with 2 of my characters. Both female. One Rom/Fed, the other Orion/KDF. What bugs me the most about this is that these are Lobi suits. These were not give-aways. I guess ARC>Moar pay for stuff developement>10 other things>long time known issues like this in the minds of the Devs.
    edited April 2014
    Agreed the fact that its the lobi version is what really irks me as well