test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dyson Sphere uniform parts unavailable

kishodarkishodar Member Posts: 89 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
On my Romulan-Federation Alien, the pants for the Dyson Sphere uniform are in the "Uniform - Pants - Tight" area, and the boots are in the "Uniform - Pants - Loose Knee High" section, so they can't be used together.

KDF Alien characters have no option for the boots at all: cnSfjrL.jpg
Post edited by kishodar on

Comments

• Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    me likely where is this from? T3 spire???
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    drumcd74656drumcd74656 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've run into this problem also. KDF males can't use the complete uniform because they can't select the correct type of uniform for the lower half of the toon.

I don't have the problem on KDF females because they have the lower-half uniform selector to switch between various types of pants and skirts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Submitted ticket #140201-000957 and #2,281,735
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    temporalhavoctemporalhavoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    From my original post: (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1006571)
    I've loved the Dyson uniform, and have proudly displayed it on all my toons and all my bridge officers ever since my fleet unlocked it. However! After the update earlier, the boots disappeared from all my male BOFFs and characters! If I go to try and edit the uniform in any means, they vanish and are no longer listed under the feet menu. My female characters and BOFFs are unaffected.

Was this intentional? Why are my boots gone? Where did they go? My character and his officers' feet are cold as they huddle in the trenches of the ground warfare zone, and I'd like an answer. I can't imagine this was intentional, as the boots were totally unisex and looked great on both genders.

I'll move it here, since I didn't see this thread when I made mine.
    Nick - Human Tactical Officer - FED [INACTIVE]
    Tenix - Romulan Science Officer - KDF Ally [INACTIVE]
    M'ossa - Ferasan Science Officer - KDF [MAIN]

Formerly known on the forums as Remissus
  • Options
    temporalhavoctemporalhavoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Bumpage. If this issue has affected you, please chime in!
    Nick - Human Tactical Officer - FED [INACTIVE]
    Tenix - Romulan Science Officer - KDF Ally [INACTIVE]
    M'ossa - Ferasan Science Officer - KDF [MAIN]

Formerly known on the forums as Remissus
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for chiming in. Yes, this is the only uniform set that I've really gotten interested in the the past four years.

I'm also pretty damned upset that something that I had to grind for Fleet Marks and pay for with Dilithium has been made unusable by Cryptic's own errors.

The set was working just fine until the Anniversary event. It seems like whenever Cryptic uses a costume set in the FE's (they used this uniform set for the captain of the Dyson) it breaks something for the Romulan's and the KDF's uniforms.

The reply for the ticket that I submitted to PWE said that "they were aware of the issue". Not that I have any faith in what the bot said.

Time to pray to Q, I suppose.

Anyone else having this issue?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    FEATURED EPISODE SPOILERS HERE

Are those the uniforms that the redshirt captains are wearing in the FE?

• Options
    edited February 2014
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    me likely where is this from? T3 spire???

Yep James, it's from the T-3 Spire fleet holding tailor. You buy the set from that tailor for Fleet Credit and Dilithium and it's character bound for you and your Bridge Officers.

And, just on another note, they STILL won't fix the Bortasqu' Uniform from the KDF Starbase tailor either.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=542011
    orangeitis wrote: »

Are those the uniforms that the redshirt captains are wearing in the FE?

Yepper.
    BTW, thanks for encouraging toons w/ good badonkadonks. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Male, Human, Federation:

The Dyson Sphere Uniform Boots, which I know exist thanks to Tribble testing a while back, are simply gone from every category. I've tried every combination I could think of, even looked in MACO and Omega just to be sure. They're gone.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    enoemg wrote: »
    Male, Human, Federation:

:(:(:(

No offence, enoemg and I hate to say it, but I'm glad that is busted for Federation players too.

Not out of spite to you or other Fed players, mind you. Crytpic never pays attention to KDF issues. Hopefully we'll see some action on it now that it's affecting the majority demographic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    :(:(:(

No offence, enoemg and I hate to say it, but I'm glad that is busted for Federation players too.

Not out of spite to you or other Fed players, mind you. Crytpic never pays attention to KDF issues. Hopefully we'll see some action on it now that it's affecting the majority demographic.

Oh, I understand completely. I have three characters, one from each faction, and I always realize which one would get the most attention if there is an issue.
  • Options
    scizorfettscizorfett Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Can also confirm the boots are missing on my Human Male Fed.

Sort of related, but I also noticed that you can't get the uniform to have glowy bits like the captains' from the FE, wondering if maybe that is a bug also?
  • Options
    nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No dyson boots available for KDF male joined trill. In fact the dropdown box to select type of lower uniform (long tight, long loose, mid-knee etc.) is completely missing:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/597027342554042651/AB9E868DFB16C5BFD10E819EBED12DD99B0EE9E1/1024x640.resizedimage
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Same for me, my fed rom got the researcher outfit and all was good, then after Thursday patch all borked. Cant use dyson boots with the dyson trousers/pants, please fix this ASAP its bugging me as I wanted to try and, recreate the dyson captain look ( out of the new FE ).
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just bumping this a bit, please look into this, any dev want to comment?
  • Options
    caeloaeturnumcaeloaeturnum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have a Fed. character and, like the O.P. said, the boots are available using the knee-high pants option, however the Dyson pants are classified as tight. It's a shame, 'cause it's a really amazing costume.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ok, I found the boots, but they're in the wrong section. Instead of the Pants - Tight category, they fall under Pants - Loose Knee High for some reason. I'm currently using them in conjunction with the Jupiter 3 pants because it doesn't look as bad as not using the boots at all. It actually goes fairly well together if you don't mind a bit of clipping.
  • Options
    usernametaken1usernametaken1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Good thing this is broken for Fed toons too, otherwise it'd never be fixed.
  • Options
    fbreprimefbreprime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kishodar wrote: »
    On my Romulan-Federation Alien, the pants for the Dyson Sphere uniform are in the "Uniform - Pants - Tight" area, and the boots are in the "Uniform - Pants - Loose Knee High" section, so they can't be used together.

KDF Alien characters have no option for the boots at all: cnSfjrL.jpg

I just joined the ranks of people with this issue as well. KDF-Rom just bought it. I can see the boots in the pants options where it clips through them horribly, but not on the tight pants that they seem to be designed to work with.
    I am Elachi! All other sentient lifeforms must bow before Elachi! Yo soy Elachi! For those of you who don't "habla Iconoa", Elachi is Iconian for.. The Achi!
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    This looks to be an issue with the Male costume. I'll get it written up. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    caeloaeturnumcaeloaeturnum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This looks to be an issue with the Male costume. I'll get it written up. Thanks for the reports.

YAY!!!!
    /10char
  • Options
    myrnwynmyrnwyn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2014

As a bonus problem, the KDF's version has a different color palette so you can't select the same range of colors that are available to the fed one. (It uses the old (pre-LoR) color palette instead of the expanded and brighter one the federation version has access to)

Actually while I'm at it, Letheans don't have arms when they wear the Voth Soldier uniform and the Dyson armor's head lights still aren't actually fixed for the KDF, but really all the little costume problems probably deserve a centralized thread with screenshots.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

So glad to see that people from Cryptic actually read these forums. That's something that I still can't say I've witnessed in Star Wars The Old Republic and others, so this game will always top my list.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    this Looks To Be An Issue With The Male Costume. I'll Get It Written Up. Thanks For The Reports.

THANK YOU Crypticfrost!!!! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkthorne70darkthorne70 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thanks for looking into this one I found on my alien KDF that he has the issue too.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I've got a female Liberated Borg Romulan toon who I can't change any of the colours of the Dyson boots on. My holstered weapon also disappears when standing still, but reappears as soon as I move.

Edit: Turns out the holstered weapon is not a bug directly related to the Dyson uniform from today's patch. The colour issues are though.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The uniform boots are working properly on the male human Federation character now, I'm sure of that. All of my bridge officers have been fixed now as well. Thanks, Cryptic!
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Kdf cat sane as op
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What the? Is this suppose to happen?

On my male Caitian character the boots are that of the ones that female characters get. They are very tall knee high boots. Shouldn't males have much shorter boots, like what Dr. Cooper wears in the featured episode? :confused: The boots for my catian only show up in the tight category, which should be correct.

It doesn't look right.

Edit: dysonuniformmistakes_zps9693e169.jpg~original

It seems to have the wrong color palette. I can't get any purple colors. If you look at the top side of Dr. Cooper's shoulders in the featured episode, there are rings that are purple and seem to have a glow effect, as well as a bright purple on other parts of his uniform.

For my fed liberated borg female, the only other toon I got the outfit for so far, the boots also show up in the knee high category. Same color palette my male catian has.

And I don't know if this is a bug or not (if not I'll suggest it), but there is no hip attachment like what Dr. Cooper wears in the FE.

It would be nice to have a regular boot option for both genders as well as the really tall boots.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    What the? Is this suppose to happen?

On my male Caitian character the boots are that of the ones that female characters get. They are very tall knee high boots. Shouldn't males have much shorter boots, like what Dr. Cooper wears in the featured episode? :confused: The boots for my catian only show up in the tight category, which should be correct.

It doesn't look right.

Edit: dysonuniformmistakes_zps9693e169.jpg~original

It seems to have the wrong color palette. I can't get any purple colors. If you look at the top side of Dr. Cooper's shoulders in the featured episode, there are rings that are purple and seem to have a glow effect, as well as a bright purple on other parts of his uniform.

For my fed liberated borg female, the only other toon I got the outfit for so far, the boots also show up in the knee high category. Same color palette my male catian has.

And I don't know if this is a bug or not (if not I'll suggest it), but there is no hip attachment like what Dr. Cooper wears in the FE.

It would be nice to have a regular boot option for both genders as well as the really tall boots.

Cooper's uniform is made up of different sets than the Dyson Researcher. His legs are from the Omega armor and his boots are simply Leather Boots. This makes an interesting combination. I do wish that we got the "glow" effects on the Dyson uniform like the ones shown on Cooper, though. The areas of the uniform that should have this on the player set don't appear to have the correct color palette, as they are just a slightly lit up version of the normal Federation palette. Hopefully, we'll get the right one in the future, one similar to the Dyson armor set costume.