What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Re: Hourly Event Change/ Weekend Events

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like the dailies instead of the hourly events.
    Previously i rarely got to do the events due to them being during working hours or middle of the night.

And for those complaining, there are still enough ways to level your alts fast and i understand event weekends are on route (like the recent Dyson weekend) and until we know the specifics about that complaining only make you look like a fool and/or spoiled brat.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    extremis0extremis0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    im confused why are we talking about this now when sto post like last week this was gonna happen this thread should of been posted before 8.5
  • Options
    phyloephyloe Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Seems to me that the rewards for doing them during the almost one week that they will be available might make up for it and make it easier for the majority of players to take advantage of the event. Perhaps, though, people should give it a shot before complaining. Then again, people tend to not like change regardless of whether it is good or bad.
  • Options
    xalexkxxalexkx Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    phyloe wrote: »
    Seems to me that the rewards for doing them during the almost one week that they will be available might make up for it and make it easier for the majority of players to take advantage of the event. Perhaps, though, people should give it a shot before complaining. Then again, people tend to not like change regardless of whether it is good or bad.

it's bad. this change cannot be good.
    To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wasn't a fan of chasing hourly events, but with bonuses now bi monthly and only on weekends, it makes us into cattle and grinding all weekend long.

But without the Fleet Mark Hourly Bonus events, it's now a pain to find groups to earn Fleet Marks. Nobody is in the Queues and Defera is quiet. Granted, I'll sum most of that to the server outages and people playing the new event, but that should be wearing off now and the same thing is happening now. So Cryptic just gave the middle finger once again to small fleets who don't have the manpower to do fleet queues.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This new weekend events suck. No event this weekend, dilithium event next weekend, no event the following week and then finally one reputation weekend. Seriously, who thought this was a good idea? I totally agree with the OP, bring back the hourly events!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    szim wrote: »
    This new weekend events suck. No event this weekend, dilithium event next weekend, no event the following week and then finally one reputation weekend. Seriously, who thought this was a good idea? I totally agree with the OP, bring back the hourly events!
    i totally agree
    1 hour daily for dil mining was best since it can only be done each 24h , but not a whole weekend. waste of event time
    cryptic, we want the hourly events back
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gonalius wrote: »
    A Cryptic weekend is Thursday through Monday.

And until now, there were events from 24/7.
    Yeah, some of them were useless (shuttle event), but that is why the old system needed a rework.
    And not the implementation of a new system, which equals to more grind.

It's just not a good thing in my opinion.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    frenchy277frenchy277 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The old event system was far from perfect, but this weekend event idea is a step in the wrong direction.

For starters, you removed the events before the weekend event system was even in place?! Bad idea #1.

Secondly, events are only going to be during the weekend, meaning there will be no reason or incentive to play during the week. Bad idea #2.

Thirdly, many fleets relied on the mark events to keep daily fleet holding projects running. In addition, many up-and-coming players are now hampered by the loss of bonus reputation marks.

You stated that this change was to make certain less popular events more appealing; Why not do so by improving their rewards? Players are already tired of grinding (even in 3 hour segments), and you increase these grinds to encompass entire weekends? Cryptic, you continue to demonstrate poor planning and an unwillingness to listen to your consumers.
  • Options
    asthalothasthaloth Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    "Weekend" events now run thursday through monday, Actually.
  • Options
    gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My biggest problem is that events are now gone. Like Mirror invasion, the Academy event.
    Those small flavor things helped the game be unique and interesting.
  • Options
    asthalothasthaloth Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gurluas wrote: »
    My biggest problem is that events are now gone. Like Mirror invasion, the Academy event.
    Those small flavor things helped the game be unique and interesting.

Mirror is being redone for season 9, and im pretty sure academy is becoming a daily.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Another thing: They said they were going to revamp MU like they did with CE. But then why not make the current version queue-able until they finish the revamp? I have several characters that are out of experience, and MU was the fastest way to get it.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    frenchy277 wrote: »
    The old event system was far from perfect, but this weekend event idea is a step in the wrong direction.

For starters, you removed the events before the weekend event system was even in place?! Bad idea #1.

Actually the Weekend events are active, its just the first weekend event is next week (a Dilithium Weekend), then two weeks later its a Reputation Bonus Weekend.

Which I was surprised, they said weekend events, not bi-monthly weekend events. :(

Secondly, events are only going to be during the weekend, meaning there will be no reason or incentive to play during the week. Bad idea #2.

Thirdly, many fleets relied on the mark events to keep daily fleet holding projects running. In addition, many up-and-coming players are now hampered by the loss of bonus reputation marks.

You stated that this change was to make certain less popular events more appealing; Why not do so by improving their rewards? Players are already tired of grinding (even in 3 hour segments), and you increase these grinds to encompass entire weekends? Cryptic, you continue to demonstrate poor planning and an unwillingness to listen to your consumers.

I have to agree with this. As I stated in another thread, I can understand why they abandoned the hourly events, because people hated chasing the event times. But on the other hand, you knew people would be playing these events. So you had a far greater chance of finding a group, compared to now.

So it would be nice if they went back and did something for the Fleet Mark grinders, because waiting for the odd chance of fleet mark weekend does not work well for those who work daily on their starbases.

They could increase the Fleet Mark drops overall, increase the yield of the Fleet Mark Bonus you get from the Quartermaster, or maybe scale fleet marks due to size.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    next reputation grind weekend is 20th this month. so a whole 3 weeks. there is a dilithium grind weekend, but i suspect for some its a pointless venture.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I suggest a mix of both. Keep the hourly events during the week and introduce 2-3 weekend events per month. It was working just fine with the Dyson weekend last time.
  • Options
    iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Considering they want you to play every day, refine dil every day, dailies, stuff like that, then they take AWAY the daily bonuses? That doesn't make sense.
    This will take away a LOT of players during the week. Then you have people that work on weekends, or have other commitments, who will miss out on most of this.
    Sure they may get a day on the fringes, but that's not much.
    It also means JUST mark grinding that entire time just to make up for the next 3 weeks when you don't get any bonus.

The daily bonus's meant you could switch up what you wanted to do, play different things.
    Now its just mass grind one thing. Yuck.

And yes, i know that the dailys were a pain if they were during the night, or when you were at work, and trust me i know, I'm from Aus, so our times are WAY out and we get the short straw.
    Yet i still prefer that system to this.
  • Options
    pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    all they had to do was remove the crafting hour and the academy event.
    however in true cryptic style they removed the lot.sigh.:mad:
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    and Until Now, There Were Events From 24/7.
    Yeah, Some Of Them Were Useless (shuttle Event), But That Is Why The Old System Needed A Rework.
    And Not The Implementation Of A New System, Which Equals To More Grind.

It's Just Not A Good Thing In My Opinion.

+1 .
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is a completely unwarranted and unwanted change. Most of the hourly events were unpopular because you never bothered to update them or make them viable. The marks event however was popular with everyone, and being several hours daily, gave people the flexibility they need to log on whenever they are free. Now we have to wait several weeks for one single weekend event?

No, just no. That will not do.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    williamjanewaywilliamjaneway Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't object to the weekend events as I think they could work quite well.

In their current format however, take the first weekend event coming up, Dilithium bonus... and Rep bonus the following weekend... once you consider all the bonus weekend varieties it could be a 6 week rotation before seeing the first one again...

What would work better would be on the events calendar at the start of the event period you got to select which event you wanted to participate in, once selected you are locked out of the other events until the next event period where you again get to select an event bonus

I am sure like most new implementations we will have to see how it works, and go from there...
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Frequency of these events is painfully low. When I first heard of the changes, I assumed every weekend would contain a marks boost, possibly with a dilithium mining boost mixed in. Yet what I see on the calendar now is a minimum 4 weeks wait between marks boost events that last for just a few days.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    captainaramdacaptainaramda Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just my opinion here but I think the current changes are poor.

You have to keep in mind, first of all, that most of the people that can pay money can NOT get online every day. With so many working/at school, they can only get online for weekends (Saturday and Sunday). The changes put in place will now reduce the amount of times per month where you can get the bonus dilithium to a minimum. For me personally, that means instead of doing the bonus event 8 times a month (given a 4-week month), I can only do the mining 2 times.

For those that CAN play everyday, you can now only get a max of 5 where you could have gotten 30 days. Cryptic claims that this will help small fleets. I totally disagree with this. Most of your paying customers happen to be in smaller fleets for the most part. This is not taking into account the younger players who are paying with parents' money.

In essence, and only in my case (I'm sure for others too), I get 2 days to get bonus dilithium now instead of 8. You haven't helped the small fleets by cutting me down 75% on my runs.

Very bad idea and I hope they change this to something that will benefit BOTH the player base and Cryptic.

I hope I'm not the only one that feels cheated by this.
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't like that change and I want to see hourly events again.
  • Options
    commandernecocommanderneco Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Pyschologically speaking: we generally prefer good things in small doses. A fine meal in the afternoon, a massage, and other human vices :D - are desirable in small doses.

The hourly events at least promoted a sense of flexibility. Mirror universe here, deferi there...back to some campaigning...

Instead, this promotes a more drone-like response whereby we try to maximize the time allocated to us with one monotonous task. Granted, most people do that anyway. But this just makes it worse.
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    D'angelo stated he wants special events on a regular bases. If these events are always about sth like 'grab it now because you can never again' then he will keep players in the game with grinds to compensate for the weekdays when there is no week event going on. I hate this tactic though. I don't want to do special events all year through. Winter and summer are enough for me, together with the anniversary.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014

See "Anniversary ship grind" for their solution to Bad Idea #2. Make everything that used to be a mission reward into something that takes more days played over a month than there are weekends, and...STO 2.0, Working As Intended. :P
  • Options
    ajddominionajddominion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is going to cripple the smaller fleets that coordinated for those 3-hr fleet mark events. It is hard enough with the amount of grinding for fleet holdings to get motivation for those events...now that they are confined to a single weekend it is going to be near impossible.

Please look for a different solution in the long term.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I want the Mirror Universe back.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.