test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is the klingon-federation war coming to end?

startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
At the end of the FE it seemed to me that the klink-fed war is going to come to an end.

Thoughts?
Post edited by startrek1234567 on

Comments

• johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    None of the Devs have said that this was probably going to happen.

None of them at all.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    None of the Devs have said that this was probably going to happen.

None of them at all.

Quite a few devs have indicated that it is going to come to an end.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    On hold... cause you know: Klingons.

While I might be all for finishing what Cartwright started, all that's typically needed to stop a war with the Federation, is to stop attacking the Federation. But the Klingons think we need to apologize to them for not taking them seriously about the Undine threat; for being unreasonable. And until we do, they'll blaze a trail of bloody hissy fits across the stars, as would be the reasonable response, I guess...

No but seriously...

Really...

These Dyson spheres can move.

And explode with a force that'll make the great plume of Agasoria shrivel up with timid inadequacy...

And the Klingons reeeaaally want a Dyson sphere.

So...

Does Section 31 have a suggestion box, you think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    chalpen wrote: »

Yet another example of how sarcasm doesn't work over the internet.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    chalpen wrote: »
    I think the recent Geko interview indicates the end of the FE leads to an escalation of hostility because the klingons are pissed about learning the feds had a dyson sphere for 40 years and had been milking knowledge all that time.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    At the end of the FE it seemed to me that the klink-fed war is going to come to an end.

Thoughts?

Small Craft Arena launching at the same time that allows mixed factions to fight together for the first time.

Tim Russ being paid by Cryptic to say that Tuvok is going to mediate peace talks.

Consistent foreshadowing throughout the game lore that Chancellor J'mpok isn't all that popular anymore.

Dyson Joint Alliance, Omega Force, Nukara Task Force, courting New Romulus on both sides.

Yeah, pretty sure this war is going to end soon.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They said this would eventually happen, albeit from all the wrong reasons.
    Nevertheless, when they do it I just hope that they will tie some story arc for both the Fed & KDF based on resolving the Undine infiltration in the Federation, hunting down the spies and setting the stage for a renewed peace treaty rather than just tell us out of the blue or through a dev.blog that it's over.

The story they started about the Fed-KDF conflict needs to have a proper conclusion, especially now after the Tuvok FE where it become blatantly obvious that there are Undine infiltrated everywhere in Starfleet. The Federation's ignorance led to this moment where the Undine now have a working gateway to transfer forces to the Alpha/Beta Quadrants.
    And that's why that story needs a few missions that will deal with purging the Undine from the Federation, because as it is there's no point of a KDF-Fed peace treaty in order to fight the Undine, when one of the mentioned parties is pretty much completely manipulated by Undine.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    I think the recent Geko interview indicates the end of the FE leads to an escalation of hostility because the klingons are pissed about learning the feds had a dyson sphere for 40 years and had been milking knowledge all that time.

Which is itself amusing. Study one sphere for 40 years, its just a scientific curiousity. Study a second sphere made by the same guys from the same technology, and they're building new ships out of that tech a few weeks later. Um waitaminute....

As for the war coming to an end, does seem that way. Maybe not love-and-friendship (certainly not with Koren or Shon behaving how they are at the end of the FE), but I imagine that if the Federation starts making a point of shooting at Undine, some Klingons are least will be "Kahless above, TOOK you long enough!" and mellow out (mellow by Klingon standards anyways). And of course given the location of New Romulus, the Republic will be only too happy to help negotiate, if not peace, then at least a ceasefire.

How ironic, after generations of the Romulans trying to drive the Federations and Klingons apart, that they would now by trying to push the two back together.
  • adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the consensus by talking with many is that there will be peace.

I hope not.

I am tired of the KDF, during times of so called peaceful interaction for joint stf''s, that continually raids and plunders Federations ships and outposts and basically acts like pirates with he help of the Orions.

This must end..this so called cold war with the KDF.....there must be a culling of the Klingons and their so called defense force that is not defensive at all.

They have no honor as a whole.They are a blight as were the Romulans.

The Romulans are now humbled as they are the alien trash of the alpha quadrant. Their home world is dust, they are a split faction and do not have a true leader.....

There needs to be repercussions for this blatant war mongering by the Klingons and their lap dogs.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • mrcaton1mrcaton1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm actually hoping the Dyson ground battlezone was a precursor to some Klingon/Fed PvP ground battles in the same vein, so I hope the war doesn't end too soon.

That said, I love the return of the Undine, and the manner in which it was carried out.

We need some more high-level challenging STFs; perhaps the Undine will fit that bill.
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Which is itself amusing. Study one sphere for 40 years, its just a scientific curiousity. Study a second sphere made by the same guys from the same technology, and they're building new ships out of that tech a few weeks later. Um waitaminute....

Its like the film, Independence Day. The USA had an Alien Ship for 50-odd years, but all the cool stuff has happened in the last little while since it was activated. Same principle in game. Nothing was active in the sphere until we activated the gateways... (Though as I recall, all gateways everywhere were meant to be activated simultaneously, so why is the one connecting the spheres dormant until we break the sphere's engine)?
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Would be nice to have somekind of peace, or at least end to sanctioned hostility ( some klingons are probably never gonna stop being raiders are they? )

But won't this kind of throw a spanner in the works for the PvEs that have hostile interaction between the two?

Though i would hope that peace would be a good oppertunity to replace some of the aging PvE content
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
    edited February 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    The story they started about the Fed-KDF conflict needs to have a proper conclusion, especially now after the Tuvok FE where it become blatantly obvious that there are Undine infiltrated everywhere in Starfleet. The Federation's ignorance led to this moment where the Undine now have a working gateway to transfer forces to the Alpha/Beta Quadrants.

I'm just going to sit back and laugh, and laugh, and laugh, when J'mpok after using this entire "The Federation is infiltrated by honorless shapeshifters looking to weaken us with pointless war. This is unacceptable! Let's pointlessly go to war with them!" schtick turns out to have been against cooperative initiatives like Omega Force and the Dyson Joint Command all along, and grows a third leg right at the summit...

I'm just going to nudge the Romulan ambassador beside me and tell him "This is even better than that time when admiral Zell turned out to be an Undine right after she made me slaughter dozens of... oh, ah, uhm... Epohhs! Them Undine be crazy, amiright!? Hahah! Good talk, gotta go!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gonalius wrote: »
    Its like the film, Independence Day.

That'd explain why Dr. Eric Cooper gave off all signs he was an Apple user but wasn't seen with an iPad in the mission.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    adabisi wrote: »

I hope not.

I am tired of the KDF, during times of so called peaceful interaction for joint stf''s, that continually raids and plunders Federations ships and outposts and basically acts like pirates with he help of the Orions.

This must end..this so called cold war with the KDF.....there must be a culling of the Klingons and their so called defense force that is not defensive at all.

The Romulans are now humbled as they are the alien trash of the alpha quadrant. Their home world is dust, they are a split faction and do not have a true leader.....

There needs to be repercussions for this blatant war mongering by the Klingons and their lap dogs.

Spoken like a true Starfleet officer. :rolleyes:
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    I'm just going to sit back and laugh, and laugh, and laugh, when J'mpok after using this entire "The Federation is infiltrated by honorless shapeshifters looking to weaken us with pointless war. This is unacceptable! Let's pointlessly go to war with them!" schtick turns out to have been against cooperative initiatives like Omega Force and the Dyson Joint Command all along, and grows a third leg right at the summit...

I don't understand what is there to laugh about? Maybe you'll enlighten me? Even if it turns out to be like you said, is the Federation not infiltrated by Undine, or this last FE was just Tuvok's dream?
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    I'm just going to nudge the Romulan ambassador beside me and tell him "This is even better than that time when admiral Zell turned out to be an Undine right after she made me slaughter dozens of... oh, ah, uhm... Epohhs! Them Undine be crazy, amiright!? Hahah! Good talk, gotta go!"

Another prime example of what the Federation has turned into these days.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    adabisi wrote: »

I hope not.

Spoken like a true Ferengi war profiteer! :P
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It is possible to end the war without ending Fed-KDF conflicts. The KDF is made up of forces from many Houses (much like the feudal houses of Europe and Asia), so the majority may end the fighting, but a few will continue raiding actions against border systems.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Its sad because its actually a good topic to discuss, ways to put an end to a wasteful conflict and focus on the bigger picture, but it always degenerates so quickly into idiotic name calling and people who just want the fighting to continue when intelligent discussion is so much more interesting.

Damn Undine.
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There is also the possiblity of pushing the time line forward. Alot of stuff has been shoved into the same year in game. So you want KDF fed war stuff, play missions from the first year, want to focus more on cooperation, play the new year's content.
  • longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited February 2014
    A proper Klingon Captain needs no war or reason to kill FEDs randomly! :)

As the FEs make us cooperate so often its really better to end this "war". It makes little sense.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Thoughts?

I'm not sure where you're getting in the Featured Episode that the Federation-Klingon War is coming to an end. It was specifically stated that negotiations of what to do with the Dyson Sphere was going to be very difficult because both powers were still at war, despite the makeshift "alliance" against the Voth.

I actually liked seeing the cracks of this "alliance" when you had representatives of the Klingons, Federation, and Romulan Republic bickering to the edge of breaking the alliance.

However, with the advent of the Undine, maybe the Federation will see once and for all how terribly wrong they were in burying their heads in the dirt like an ostrich at the mention of Undine infiltration, despite what the Klingons were finding. If reconciliation can occur and a new, more lasting alliance occurs, then so be it.

But I for one have no problem with the continuation of the war, and was glad to hear official game storyline specifically stating the war is ongoing.

The Klingons and Federation at war... that is classic Star Trek :cool:
    XzRTofz.gif
  • startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I actually really hate this war, it makes no sense at all. Fed and Klingons work together in so many things. The only indication of war to me is in those few low level missions, an occasional klingon fight in pve, and in pvp. Otherwise were all working together. I mean even in the romulan faction gameplay its weird. I mean I have a klink-alligned romulan who shoots feds. But wait, aren't the feds helping New Romulus as well? Why am I shooting the very people that HELP the romulans.

In the end the war just makes no sense, and why have it? So many other threats. We got eh borg, undine, dominion, voth, tholians, and maybe even the Iconians. The war never seems like its happening anyway. i fly past klingons in my fed toon all the time without any event. I parked my ship NEXT to a klingon one without violence.

Also there really is no evidence that either the feds or klingons are winning, no more territory has been gained by the klingons or feds at all.

I think its time to end the war in Season 9. Heck, i dont even remember what started the war.
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I want the kick the war up a notch, I mean yes it looks like the feds want to talk to the Klingons again, now that the Klingons were proven correct. but that's always the way it is with the feds. maybe they need to come and just regain some honor in our eyes and say you know what you were right and we were wrong. will you help us?

maybe then id be ok with a end to the war and only then, no more of them looking down on us. and as far as J'mpok being undine I think he is as well other wise we wouldn't be fighting =with the Voth we would have sent staas to work out an alliance with them. I mean the Voth don't have a beef with any other species other than the humans since the ancient origin theory is the problem with earth and humans. Klingons are not from earth so to the Voth we are just another species like the Kazon or what ever other species in the delta quadrant they know of.

So the Voth would make decent allies for the Kdf none of our member species conflict with the doctrine they have. we both hate species 8472. and we both dislike the federation for different reason but still a shared goal. stop the feddy bears from spreading their dribble to others.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd much rather the war stay on and they just actually much unique content for both sides instead of making us share everything and force all these alliances into the mix.

Why not just have a permanent KDF team and permanent Fed team each developing their own stuff?
    edited February 2014
    Except you're technically occupying the Gorn civilization, and maybe Staas and the Voth leadership will hit it off and decide to deal with the mammals that are actively bothering their newly met Gorn friends first. Or did you forget about that?

And shpoks: The joke is irony.

I've been seeing Klingon players going on about the Federation owing the KDF some form of apology, for not taking them seriously enough on the matter of the Undine. For condemning their invasion of the Gorn homeworld though they were proven right on their leadership being Undine. A group of shapeshifters with as their main goal to sow chaos and disorder across the quadrant, wearing out all the major powers in wars against one another. And by launching into a war against the Federation, they still play right into the Undine's hand. Either cause Klingons are really, really, REALLY stupid, or are being deliberately riled up by some Undine spymaster who found a way to turn the Klingons knowing the truth about their infiltration to their advantage. Make it a matter of honor, vengeance if you will, before common sense and survival. If you stop to think it through for even just one second, it's a bad idea. Kind of wish the Romulans found out about them instead.

So yes, methinks J'mpok doth protest too much.

And I laugh to keep from crying. :o

Come see, come all, the Klingon-Federation war: The single greatest puppet show in the galaxy! (Tickets not available in Tau Dewa and Gamma Orionis, at this time.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Thoughts?

You mean the Klinks and Feds were at war at some point?</sarcasm>

As I said the last several times this came up, Cryptic basically let the Third Klingon-Federation War sputter to a pointless halt after B'Vat died. There was never any official declaration of peace but they're working together every single time you turn around.

**** or get off the pot, willya?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the only thing that leads me to think that J'mpok is not 8472 is trek already pulled that with the martok changling episode pulling his masters strings to get int othe war. just seems like they would be ripping off too much from that episode if they did it.

As for a needless war. I say it is not needless from the Klingon point of view. you are trying to apply human Western morals and values to an alien species. that believes dyeing in battle for a cause that is seen as just, is honorable and guarantees their place in the afterlife.

Personally I just don't like the federation they are way to liberal for my taste so I play KDF. at least for the most part they say what they think and whispers are considered rude.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• wakerobertswakeroberts Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Federation-Klingon War has outlived it's usefulness. Kahless said, "Sacrificing an empire to win a war is no victory." Why would the Klingons continue to throw ships and warriors into the grinder against the Federation when they have the Tholians, Elachi, Voth, Borg, Undine and a host of others at their doorstep. The Empire has far more interests in common with the Federation than uncommon. It is in the interests of all three powers to fully cooperate with each other if they are to counter the assault by the Iconians and their allies when it comes.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I thought it was nice to see some cracks In this alliance finally. Now that the Voth are defeated (dying pointlessly and anticlimactically, as they deserved) perhaps now we can get back to the war plotline that was on the back burner for far too long. The Klingons and Federation seem to have finally had enough of the Rommies taking advantage of them (trying to take control of yet another sphere, and one owned by the federation already to boot). Hopefully I'll be able to make good on my threat to blow up the Klingon flagship :) but I doubt Cryptic will let us go that far.
  • archofwinterarchofwinter Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This war annoys me.

Not that the war exists annoys me, but the circumstances of what is going on in the war is annoying me.

The need to either heat it up or make peace. This fighting each other while still working jointly doesn't make sense.

Please make a feature series on how this is going to bring peace, like how the Dominion War united the major powers of the known space, or escalate the war and breaking off all the alliances and task-force.

Logistically, with Cryptic, I think they'll go for peace, because so many of the PvE events are collaboration between the two sides. It would take way too much effort to change them.

One thing regarding a certain previous complaint on the 40 years the FED have over the TNG Dyson Sphere,, before the new Sphere was activated, the old TNG Sphere was dormant and there was no priority to study it. There probably wasn't any Omega there. So I doubt the FED would pool that much resource into it, especially during that 40 years, the Dominion War was going on, the Borg tried to invade again, and lastly the political instability caused by the destruction of Romulus. But when the new Sphere was discovered and was active with aliens with hostile intent trying take it over, then the new Sphere became top priority. That is how in so little time, they can churn out new ships and tech. They have 3 sets of civilizations working on it non-stop.

Another curious question regarding the Voth. They always refers to our factions as mammalia, yet they seems to ignore the existence of the Gorn on the KDF side and Saurian on the FED side. What's with that?