test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Did S8 Do To Keybinds? *team is investigating*

13»

Comments

• nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have removed F12 binds completely as by default Steam uses F12 for screenshots (a fact PWE continues to ignore), yet a lot of times when I make a screenie the game goes into edit UI mode, adding all those green boxes to the screenshot. Very pretty. When I check keybinds F12 is still gone. This started with S8.
  • fifthofjackfifthofjack Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've read through this and have not seen anyone mention the change that combines the Full Impulse and the Quantum Slipstream commands and activated the appropriate command while in planet space or sector space.

Not an "End of the World" issue, but very annoying trying to use my mapped button to go to full warp in sector space but only to activate Quantum Slipstream.

This seems to have something to do with the following commands:

Button4 "GenSendMessage Throttle_FullImpulse_Button FullThrottle"

In planetary space, this will apply full throttle and engage Full Impulse. In Sector space this will apply full throttle and full warp only (No Quantum).

Seems the "Full Impulse" and "Quantum Slipstream" have now been combined so when button 4 is pushed in Sector space, the "FullImpulseToggle" command now does both, where as before in sector space it just when to full warp.
    T'Plaas Fleet XO Icarus Elite / Icarus Imperium
    Fifth of Jack XO House of Icarus
    [SIGPIC]http://http://icaruselite.org/smf/index.php[/SIGPIC]
  • flyingshoeboxflyingshoebox Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just started playing again a few days ago. And am getting this makes it really hard to play any of my higher level characters when the buttons you push don't do what you want or expect them to do.

Noticed somebody saying langue stuff might have something to do with this. I know I set my langue region thing to simple Chinese a while back to play in the blade and soul beta. Will try and set it back to see if that makes a difference it is always set to English in the tray option. Does anybody else with this problem of resetting keys have the option set in windows to swap langues in the tray?

I tried turning off the extra langues and making sure its only option now is English United States and that didn’t seem to help.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I prefer to keep my key binds as a .txt file and whilst these have been working fine, It all changed this morning, for without any warning no matter how many time s I try reloading the key bind file, my key binds simply refuse to work. I've gone through the bind file line by line and again nothing has been altered I've even tried replacing them with their backups but again nothing works, the software for my gaming mouse is running as it should and the key assignments are all normal. I'm frankly at a loss as to what has happened.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Just found out that my keybinds are working fine again, so I've no idea what caused yesterdays problem. I'm hoping thats the last time it shows its self but I wont hold my breathe
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• dragondomdragondom Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    < Also has problem with keybinds resetting since S8.
    When I log in to any character or change zones in space, 2 rows in particular reset. Most of my binds stay the same, what I set them to, but my row 2 & 4 buttons all reset to be Shift+1-0.
    When I reset them so only row 2 has Shift+1-0 and then save the changes, it resets itself so row 2 is Ctrl+1-0, while keeping my power-level keys Ctrl+1-4.
    When I reset them a 2nd time so row 2 is Shift+1-0, it saves that properly but clears the power-level keys altogether.
    So I set my binds a 3rd time so the power-level keys are again Ctrl+1-4, and I'm good.
    Then I change zones and do it again.

I never had to use the bind file save/load stuff before, but am going to try that now to see if I can at least speed this up when it resets. Otherwise, this Beta-Lifer might stop playing altogether because this is ridiculous.
    Oh, and I submitted this to the in-game bug report system on Monday or Tuesday, checked on Thursday as I hadn't heard anything and found the ticket was gone altogether, so the bug report system is bugged also. :'(

Cryptic, please fix this soon or lose players.
  • tubbydorftubbydorf Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just purchased a new PC and installed STO. Now I am getting the same issue., I cannot alter ANY keys in the default options menu, as soon as I exit or change to another layout, the keys reset.

Super Frustrating
  • dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am still randomly having this problem. I can be in the middle of battle, hit a keybind that worked two missions ago, and have it do something other than what it's supposed to do. As I mentioned previously, I had to alter my bindfile to correct several binds that kept getting completely messed up. Fortunately, my new bind to reload my keybinds still works, but it's a troublesome work-around at best. This really needs to be fixed fast.
  • juggernautxjuggernautx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm having an issue with PAGEUP still zooming in on my ship,even though I cleared it and changed it to another key. Hope its fixed soon, I use HOME,END,DELETE, and PAGEDOWN for my Fore,Aft,Starboard, and Port Shiled power buttons. So whenever I hit PAGEDOWN I sometimes accidently hit PAGEUP and zoom all the way in on my ships.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I find that these commands no longer work

genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_0
    genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_1
    genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_2
    genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_3"

regardless of what key I assigned them to.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • dustinmjohnsondustinmjohnson Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i use a program found at the Federation Emergancy Services website
    http://www.ifes.us/index.php/sto-utilities/sto-pvp

you tell it what you want then save it

(it makes a name like STO158231231257.txt )

i rename mine for example Jones_SpaceKB.txt

i've not had any issues with this setup..:D
  • kalipou77kalipou77 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Getting the same issue, as soon as I switch between shooter mode and Rpg mode or change map my keybinds reset...

This is kind of game breaking... what the hell?
  • spatchmanspatchman Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've been having the same problems. I just got into keybinds and realised how awesome they can be, I just got a taste of that juicey goodness and then it breaks. Maybe it's just my luck?

It's doing the thing everyone else is describing, I load my space keybind, I change zone or enter battle and it immediately forgets it.

Now I have an earlier keybind file I did a few days ago and that is still running fine. I can load that up and the settings remain persistant.

The keybind file I've been having trouble with is much more in depth. I've pretty much got every permutation of every key with ctrl, shift and alt either doing something I've told it to do or blanked off. It's like a clean slate that wipes all controls apart from escape, enter, back, delete, home, page up, page down, end. A few others as well.

When it runs, it runs perfectly, even some of my more inventive binds but you have to reload it every time.

I tried for an hour last night systematically from a blank file, adding portions of binds, going in game, unbinding, rebinding, changing zones in an attempt to make it break. It seemed to be working okay until I added the number pad and its keys. I havn't been able to Isolate it, in fact it seems like any key from the number pad was enough to break it. I'll do some more testing tonight so see if I'm right. I really hope not as the number pad is damned essential in this game.

I hope maybe this is of some help to someone.

*Edit

Actually, I'm sorry. This doesn't seem to be the case. The part about the older file still working is true. The number pad doesn't seem to be doing it. The only part in my bind after that is to do with the mouse. I wonder if it's down to filesize or number of binds or something. I'm lost.
  • lordcuttersladelordcutterslade Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    this issue is fixed for me since todays patch..
    i bet it had something to do with "Material Files Reloaded"
    but ye...finally this keybind madness has come to an end....:D
    [SIGPIC]Everything is awesome![/SIGPIC]
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Knock on wood...

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • rayethrayeth Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm having a similar issue. I use a Dvorak keyboard, and so my key-bindings are different from normal. Usually the game can figure out the alternate mapping without any trouble, however with the new update, the O key which is in place of the S key is bound to the social window. Even after disabling the keybinding it did not change. Right now I can only fix this by switching between shooter controls and RPG controls in ground, and I cannot change it at all in space mode, which means I have to use the mouse to maneuver my ship, this is also difficult since I don't always point directly at my target, but I try to keep the ship I'm attacking in view.

In addition I'm using a G510 Logitech keyboard and I have my macro keys set to open certain windows for convenience, inventory causes my character to crouch, and the status key opens the fleet management window.
    I found a plot hole! NURSE!
  • wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I also use Dvorak mode in Windows. Some keybinds recognize which mode I'm in, others do not. And some keys could not be rebound (as others have noted), so I could not rebind everything.

Switching to shooter mode (in the keybind settings window) and then back to RPG did some magic and allowed me to be able to rebind all the keys.

This problem affected all of my characters.

/edit
    This problem showed up for me after the 8.5 patch. I was fine after the 8 patch.
    edited January 2014
    I'd also like to add, that while swapping controls from shooter to rpg in ground combat works, it cancels out after moving between zones.
    edited January 2014
    I tried playing on my laptop, and the error occurs there too, which suggests that the problem is on the STO end of things.
    edited February 2014
    Gahhhhh my keybinds!
    0x12 "throttleadjust .2"
    0x10 "throttleadjust -.2"
    0x801+0x19 "PvEQueues"
    0x801+0x23 "DutyOfficer"
    0x802+0x4f "(null)"
    0x4f "UseTraySlot3 0"
    0x802+0x50 "(null)"
    0x50 "UseTraySlot3 1"
    0x802+0x51 "(null)"
    0x51 "UseTraySlot3 2"
    0x802+0x4b "(null)"
    0x4b "UseTraySlot3 3"
    0x802+0x4c "(null)"
    0x4c "UseTraySlot3 4"
    0x802+0x4d "(null)"
    0x4d "UseTraySlot3 5"
    0x802+0x47 "(null)"
    0x47 "UseTraySlot3 6"
    0x802+0x48 "(null)"
    0x48 "UseTraySlot3 7"
    0x802+0x49 "(null)"
    0x49 "UseTraySlot3 8"
    0x802+0x52 "(null)"
    0x52 "UseTraySlot3 9"
    0xf1 "FirePhasers"
    0xf2 "FireTorps"
    0x801+0x4f "UseTraySlot4 0"
    0x801+0x50 "UseTraySlot4 1"
    0x801+0x51 "UseTraySlot4 2"
    0x801+0x4b "UseTraySlot4 3"
    0x801+0x4c "UseTraySlot4 4"
    0x801+0x4d "UseTraySlot4 5"
    0x801+0x47 "UseTraySlot4 6"
    0x801+0x48 "UseTraySlot4 7"
    0x801+0x49 "UseTraySlot4 8"
    0x801+0x52 "UseTraySlot4 9"
    0x803+0x4f "(null)"
    0x803+0x50 "(null)"
    0x803+0x51 "(null)"
    0x803+0x4b "(null)"
    0x803+0x4c "(null)"
    0x803+0x4d "(null)"
    0x803+0x47 "(null)"
    0x803+0x48 "(null)"
    0x803+0x49 "(null)"
    0x803+0x52 "(null)"

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited February 2014
    Has there been any leads to this? I'm still having this issue and it is making it not fun for me to play the game.
    edited February 2014
    Anybody? Bueller?

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    edited March 2014
    So suddenly out of the blue I'm getting a system message whenever I touch the Ctrl key that says:
    Unknown command "(null)".

I haven't changed any of my binds at all, this just started happening.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't have this bug, but for those that do, what happens when you load your keybinds from a UI settings file instead of a keybinds file? Also, is it possible that the problem is related to the type of keyboard you are using?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Any word on this? I am still having the problem intermittently, and keep hearing my fleet mates complain of the same thing.

To the previous poster: Neither of those seem to be the issue.
    edited April 2014
    I just tried again to change my Windows default keyboard to US-Dvorak, and the bug is still there when I do that (which is how I usually keep my computer). I have to set the default keyboard to default "US" in order to play properly. But that makes it tedious to type, so undesirable.