test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ghosts of Feature Episodes (spoilers)*

macwilliam1975macwilliam1975 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
Back in October while playing through "Sphere of Influence" several times I noticed something and thought it was a glitch with my graphics card. The scene where your toon and Worf destroy the swarmmers (just before the red, blue, green, yellow puzzle) and the scene shows the rest of your stranded party walking onto the platform... there is a ghostly image of a humanoid standing over the console.... I never brought it up before, because I chucked it over to a mediocre graphics card.

link to screen cap: http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/sirdaniel1975/screenshot_2013-11-04-20-43-03a1a.jpg

So today while playing "A Step Between Stars" I noticed the same figure repeatedly in one of the rooms in various scenes. When you approach the ghostly figure... it disappears. In addition, the moment when you're in some combat... the drone my Alien (KDF) Engineer had beamed in targeted the figure a couple of times. Then I really got thinking. I did take some screen shots, non showing my drone firing, although in one image you can see that my shield generator is clearly in front of the figure... incase some were to say I fabricated the images of the ghostly figure.

link: http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/sirdaniel1975/screenshot_2014-01-30-14-59-23a1.jpg

link: http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/sirdaniel1975/screenshot_2014-01-30-15-08-07a.jpg

Is this my graphics card?
Why did my drone target the figure?
Are these hidden easter eggs?
Are these figures the Iconians?
Are these figures the missing Aliens from these Dyson spheres?
If so, have these Aliens been affected by some kind of aphasic subspace issue?

Thoughts?
screenshot_2014-11-17-20-57-54a1a1a.jpg
Post edited by macwilliam1975 on

Comments

• sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Its not just you. I've noticed it too. Guess we have ghostly stalkers.
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • endorfinatorendorfinator Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh god the Iconians!
  • captrott1captrott1 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's a time traveller from the 28th century
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,410 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    I've noticed that in SoI as well... reminds me of the mysterious contact from the future Silik would talk to in Enterprise. But I've never gotten close enough to see details.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • gjohnny1990gjohnny1990 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've seen it too, nice to know its not just me, now its just creeping me out. :confused:
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    For me, he was popping up Closer to the door, where the sniper was. Initially i had just thought it was a bug since i didn't have to fight the guy at all, but thinking back, this happened in SoI as well, so i really have no clue what it is.
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I've noticed that in SoI as well... reminds me of the mysterious contact from the future Silik would talk to in Enterprise. But I've never gotten close enough to see details.

I hope its not Future Guy! Unless Future Guy is an Iconian and/or Wesley.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,410 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    We never did learn who Future Guy was.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sentinelprime4hsentinelprime4h Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok, that's officially creepy as I've just now spotted that as well. Who the hell is that supposed to be?

SP4H
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You are being observed.
    Ya I noticed him too, just visible and disappears if you approach.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • macwilliam1975macwilliam1975 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I ran it two more times tonight with two other toons and I wanted to make sure it wasn't the Cloaked Voth.... well it isn't... you defeat him and the ghost guy is still there!
    screenshot_2014-11-17-20-57-54a1a1a.jpg
  • captainkbxcaptainkbx Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I could understand a technical, behind the scenes, non-lore reason for the figure in the latest FE - Being there to actually do the sniper shot - but for the other mission, I've got nothing. I'm thinking it's a bug but who knows.

We'll see what happens.
  • nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh that's weird. I noticed that in SOI, too, and also chalked it up to graphics glitch. I'll pay close attention to my surroundings for "The Figure" when I play ASBS later on tonight.

Hmm, makes me wonder what's going on. If it's a hidden hint at a storyline to come, I'd be hard-pressed to guess anything other than Temporal-linked. If it's just a rendering glitch, it's still oddballs.
  • captainkbxcaptainkbx Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I restarted the mission because of the middle glitching out and appearing all black. Set my graphics to a higher setting, and noticed something interesting; The figure wasn't there. Is everyone running in low settings?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    captainkbx wrote: »
    I restarted the mission because of the middle glitching out and appearing all black. Set my graphics to a higher setting, and noticed something interesting; The figure wasn't there. Is everyone running in low settings?
    Yes and no. It does appear to be related to detail distance all right... But... detail distance changes affect models.... what's this ghost a model of?

I just don't see anything that looks like it should have geometry there.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's the One.

He has somehow become unhooked in both time and franchises.

It's all setting up for Season 9: Shadow Attack! :cool:
  • gjohnny1990gjohnny1990 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was hoping it was an easter egg or lead up to something coming but after observing it closely it looks to most likely be a placeholder/marker generic untextured biped model for an action or event that is supposed to occur at that point, it is not supposed to be visible in the live product.
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited January 2014
    Bonniekins! Boooonniekins.... :eek:
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My guess would be a camera 'actor' that isn't properly rendered invisible.

However, if it is actually something like subspace residue from some kind of observer, that's a pretty clever easter-egg. It looks very 'human' though. The Solanae(? - "Click-Clicks") were kind of haunched over.. and it certainly doesn't look like the Iconians.
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Here's a theory, in a couple of the fed missions (the one where you arrest Taris and the one where you go after Hakeev alone) you can see a Romulan male run through the Iconian gate in each of those missions, maybe it has something to do with him?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Never saw that one...
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • wrenfuwrenfu Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    saw one in the room with the bodies at the start of the new mission. figured it had something to do with a model that was placed but never shows up for some reason (asset not being used? no idea). its like the voth battlesuits can just look like a really oddly shaped human at a long enough distance before it loads the suit part
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wrenfu wrote: »
    ...its like the voth battlesuits can just look like a really oddly shaped human at a long enough distance before it loads the suit part
    I suspect a graphics glitch as mentioned above has something to do with it.

I suspect that (in the case of SOI, anyways) it is whatever you are interacting with when you do the Red Blue Yellow thing, and insstead of the Voth Exo Suit not rendering over the NPC, the NPC is rendering when it shouldn't at all.

Prehaps it is a Developer Spawn point? Do they need such things if they are testing the maps?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    edited January 2014
    The game engine uses that default wire frame whenever you're outside the range where it renders the actual model.

The question here.... is what is it rendering? I just didn't see anything...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • neotanrimneotanrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Whatever it was my turret had a good time shooting at it. Not that it did any good.
  • preikopreiko Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i threw a Plasma Grenada at IT

and it started running ^^ i even set it on fire

then i noticed my Combatlog

"Your Plasma Fire III gives 0 Plasma Damage to TARGET_TEST"

even my Wide Beam Setting hit him

"Your Wide Beam Setting gives 0 Proton to Target_Test"
    edited January 2014
    It has a name!!! We're making progress! :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    preiko wrote: »
    i threw a Plasma Grenada at IT

and it started running ^^ i even set it on fire

then i noticed my Combatlog

"Your Plasma Fire III gives 0 Plasma Damage to TARGET_TEST"

even my Wide Beam Setting hit him

"Your Wide Beam Setting gives 0 Proton to Target_Test"
    Just curious: did you copy/paste that text, or type it from memory? If c/p, I find it curious that the name is ALL CAPS in ona and not the other. Otherwise, nevermind...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,428 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I saw something there the first time I ran through the mission, with a Fed - figured it was the sniper.

Then on the second run-through, with a Rom, there was no sniper; instead, there was a deactivated Voth battlesuit (that activated later). And off to the side, the Mysterious Figure, just standing there until I approached...

If this isn't some sort of easter egg or foreshadowing yet, it should be woven into the storyline, because it would be incredibly cool if it turned out some subtle clue about the final chapter of this storyline had been hidden throughout it from the beginning.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
    Nonsense, there is no one there. Just look right over here . . .
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg