Moretacteamsmoretacteamsmoretacteamsmoretacteamsmoretacteams

Nice Tactical Team indeed, have enough now sir ? ;)
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • thecallup1thecallup1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think the important thing to take away from this, that no one seems to be discussing, how is it 2409, but Tuvok still have his Voyager combadge?

OH PLEASE, WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CANNON?!?11!1

:D

It's Canon, you nitpicking son of a monkey's uncle!
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited January 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    So, how many times in a row would you like Branflakes to pop in and say, "We still haven't figured out why the servers crashed, but we're working on it!"?

As for the ones who'd actually understand why it crashed, I'd rather they spent their time fixing it, not TRIBBLE around on the forums...

At least once would be nice(per server crash). Itd also be kinda nice if they gave us some updates... theres plenty of people that can take 2 seconds to tell ya whats frakked, and weather theyll have it up in an hour or two or not. Yeah I know, "You want ACTUAL customer service?! Dafuq you smoking?! This is the internet, we don't do that here!"
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • landshark535landshark535 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thecallup1 wrote: »

You son-of-a-biscuit-eating-bulldog!

:P
  • doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's Canon, you nitpicking son of a monkey's uncle![/QUOTE

I KNEW HE WAS AN HAIRY GUY !!
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG

cube.jpg
  • ridinginkridingink Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Besides, starfleet command said they're allowed to wear what they like!

Thats military uniform for you!
    bb8ec35.png

edited January 2014
    it's Canon, You Nitpicking Son Of A Monkey's Uncle!

I Knew He Was An Hairy Guy !!
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG

cube.jpg
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Given the title of the thread, at this point I must call Shenanigans ;)

Therefore...

Rabble Rabble!

Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • landshark535landshark535 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Therefore...

Rabble Rabble!

Stop that
    edited January 2014
    Well I just downloaded a 204mb patch... so perhaps the servers will be up soon(ish)
    edited January 2014
    I used to get bored playing STO after 4am,

It's actulay 7am and I'm having lot of fun on forum...

is there a lifetime subscription for forum too ?
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG

cube.jpg
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Our mid-season update, Season 8.5, is now live on Holodeck! Read more to learn about the updates you will experience in this update.

Click here to read more.

Really is it live I played halfway through the mission yesterday before the servers crashed i then go on this morning only to find out the servers are down again. Every time you have a season update you get these issues. You need to forecast that more of the playerbase will jump on due to more content besides the never ending grinds. because if you don't people will take there time and money elsewhere I was going to deposit some money to buy zen first time in months but with the servers being down I just put my money into buying a new game
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwmiykaelpwmiykael Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't normally do this, but my post got bumped down two entire pages in five minutes. lol

Someone asked a similar question way back when, as well. Since neither of us have been answered yet, I just thought I'd re-post in case someone knowledgeable might have missed it.

Okay so...I'm kinda curious about this:

"Early Starfleet missions have been updated with new art and gameplay improvements. We've improved the flow, made story updates, and overall improved the play experience of these missions. This is a great time to start a new Starfleet character and see what's changed!"

Anyone have any idea exactly how they've been changed? I was thinking maybe it had something to do with making the "friend" that you have in the academy more relevant to the story chains that follow...sort of like they did with the named BO on Romulan side.

That would be great, seeing as how you can't change her name or anything. And I've always been a strong proponent of bridge officer story focus...especially if you plan to make the character your first officer.

Any thoughts on this, or has anyone had a chance to try it out before the server went down?

The main reason I ask is because I JUST made a new Fed toon four days ago to try out the "new content." lol I'm already Commander and on my third ship. So aggravating...
    edited January 2014
    Nop Hillel, I'm heading to bed so u own us 10$ now :p
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG

cube.jpg
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Notice how they're all about "communicating" with the player base until something goes wrong... then its silence, locked threads, and/or deleted posts :P

Don't take it personally, they are just scared of the truth. They say one thing but really mean another. Plus that dead hamster is a real pain to get out, it's taking the whole team a good 12+ hours to work out what is the best way to open the cage. :P
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • drskyentistdrskyentist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gryspeert wrote: »
    welcome to the internet:D

Yes! Followed immediately with using catch phrases and art created by others to show our collective individuality and incredulity!

Thats what she said!

sticker,375x360.png
    edited January 2014
    Don't take it personally, they are just scared of the truth. They say one thing but really mean another. Plus that dead hamster is a real pain to get out, it's taking the whole team a good 12+ hours to work out what is the best way to open the cage. :P

well on the flip side Ive managed like 300 zen in free surveys that actually paid out :P
  • krymsonskorpyonkrymsonskorpyon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Calling it "live" is a bit premature, imho. Yes, I realize that others have said it; now I've said it, too.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Therefore...

Rabble Rabble!

Okay, now it's alive :)

/END_RABBLE_RABBLE
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • ridinginkridingink Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the entertainment guys!
    bb8ec35.png

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,428 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • pwmiykaelpwmiykael Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Still waiting on a reply to this from several pages ago. Anyone?
    pwmiykael wrote: »
    Okay so...I'm kinda curious about this:

"Early Starfleet missions have been updated with new art and gameplay improvements. We've improved the flow, made story updates, and overall improved the play experience of these missions. This is a great time to start a new Starfleet character and see what's changed!"

Anyone have any idea exactly how they've been changed? I was thinking maybe it had something to do with making the "friend" that you have in the academy more relevant to the story chains that follow...sort of like they did with the named BO on Romulan side.

That would be great, seeing as how you can't change her name or anything. And I've always been a strong proponent of bridge officer story focus...especially if you plan to make the character your first officer.

Any thoughts on this, or has anyone had a chance to try it out before the server went down?

The main reason I ask is because I JUST made a new Fed toon four days ago to try out the "new content." lol I'm already Commander and on my third ship. So aggravating...
  • ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    With all the issues of actually getting into the game and the issues of being able to complete the new mission (which seems to have completely ignored the graphics issue raised in that section of the forums months ago), has nobody else noticed that they've nerfed dilithium mining?

No more 300 dilithium rewards per mining spot. The daily is awarding the 200 max amount that you got outside of the event hour. Of course without the event hour, this also applies to the fleet mine rewards. No more 5080 (max) dilithium mine runs from visiting Vlugta and a T3 mine. That's now no more than 3480 - per toon.

Yeah, sure you can do other things to make up the deficit, but that means taking more time than before to get it, and probably resources, too (e.g. batteries). :mad:

So much for the greater rewards...
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pwmiykael wrote: »
    Still waiting on a reply to this from several pages ago. Anyone?

I just tried Stranded in space (only). The only differences I noticed (so far) were less Orions and the freighter seemed to have received somesort of graphical cleanup. Other then that I noticed nothing else.

Edit: Having played a few more episodes, I think its safe to say those missions in the series that have been named in the release notes have had their storylines and their graphics cleaned up. Its not a bad experience, but mine might be somewhat slighted as I driven through that part of the series with my Fully equipped Galaxy.
  • evelgarevelgar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OK....big problem with "into the void"....i got the dyson ev suit on and followed tuvok and crazy cooper out the forcefield and suddenly....DUN DUN DUUUUUUN.....everything is black....no lighting at all....all i see are black sillouhettes and the far away background is the only texture with lighting......*sigh*:eek:
  • galiesgalies Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same here. I cross the threshold to begin the space walk section of a step between stars and all od the models go black, including the sun, and the only light available is from the "sky dome". Ive seen a lot of people having the same issue. How about some info on whats going on there? Oh, and, shot in the dark here, but since you realeased an unplayable mission, how about extending the anniversary event by another day. That way people like me, who have tried playing the mission multiple times to get the qmendations, aren't getting shafted because you couldn't do proper Q&A Cryptic.
  • spreenaut2spreenaut2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Interesting, you get black models, I got white textures, I can't see sh*it, reeeeeally disappointing. No Science Destroyer for me then..:(
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Have u guys tried to switch to DX9 / DX11 or tried other graphic options?? because someone said that switching to DX9 or DX11 fix it.
  • ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Have u guys tried to switch to DX9 / DX11 or tried other graphic options?? because someone said that switching to DX9 or DX11 fix it.

Actually it was stated as a known issue for the emergency patch notes and that this was a workaround for some. I have been trying various options, high and low: nothing works, and with my calendar for the next few weeks being full, I may well have trouble managing to get a ship for my toons without having played that mission.

As with one post above, I get mostly white-outs, not black-outs, that leads to ongoing problems when I leave the mission. This seems to be related to the graphics issue reported in the graphics section by some and it is extremely disappointing that it seems that Cryptic has ignored that issue to the detriment of so many now with this mission; which per a reply on Twitter, they indicate is down to "low-end graphics".

What I take that to mean is that they blame the issue on lower-spec graphics cards, which they couldn't be bothered to test with, despite apparently being good enough to play the game with, although people who had no such issues before are having the problem now.

The difference here is that it happens at a specific point, when it was occurring before after a varying period of time, depending on play, although usually at a map change, as with the space walk.
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela