What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's your energy type?

Comments

• Options
    enderssoupenderssoup Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thanks for sharing so far everyone, it is nice to read peoples experiences with different types.

I'll share, in the beginning i made a KDF with disruptors and am currently flying an ap crit build.
    Excuse me, excuse me, would you mind stopping that darn noise?
    obscene gesture, vulcan neck pinch, claps, cheers
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Spiral Wave Disruptors or Fleet Andorian Phasers, depending on the ship I'm in.

Speaking of Spiral Waves, can we get a Dual Beam Bank, Single Cannons and Turrets added to the dil store? While I would also like Dual Cannons (DCs or DHCs) I get that the Galor cannot mount those, so they would be "not-canon".
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Elachi Disruptor Duel Heavy Cannons with my Temporal Destroyer. Although, I'm saving dilithium for those anti-Voth Polarons.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's kind of a strange thing for me. I like unusual things, so when outfitting a freshly-max-leveled character, I tend to gravitate toward the more exotic weapon choices, like dominion polaron, blue phasers, those 10% proc tetryons, or plasma-disruptor hybrids. I have a soft spot in particular for the dominion polaron beams because they shoot neat, phaser-like beams rather than the standard squiggly beams of normal polarons. Pity there's no purple MKXII version.

I of course outgrow those weapons eventually and replace them with less interesting very-rare MKXIIs centered around the most relevant-at-the-time content, but even then, I'll retire those other weapons to a less-used event/collector ship.

Ultimately though, I'd say I like polaron the best, mainly because of their fantastic color.

On the ground, it doesn't matter--I like it all. I've got nearly 5 rows of assorted weapons with various energy types in my inventory to choose from--standard types as well as the more exotic types. The voth/whatever proton rifle has been a favorite lately.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    sadorsador Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I really like the blue phasers from that mission. But my main uses AP because the rest of her weapons from before the STF system got revamped got gone some how. Her Ody Star Crusier uses 3 standard AP beams, the Omni AP beam from the Obelisk, and the Omega plasma/rommie plasma torps.
  • Options
    ultijuiceultijuice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As a "flow cap heavy" sci officer first, any other character later, pure polaron/anything-polaron/polarized-anything is the only way to go for me :cool:
  • Options
    alpharaider47#7707 alpharaider47 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I tend to stick with Romulan Plasma beams, I really like the color and proc on them. Plus, all of my fleet consoles and whatnot boost its damage. I'm currently trying to get back into antiproton though with the new Voth stuff.
    sFfAcbR.jpg
    STO Beta Test and Launch Veteran
  • Options
    nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Equal blend polarized disruptors & phasers. It's a recent switch for me, but it's a rockin' one so far. Prior set up was 100% polaron, but it just wasn't working for me.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    AP on two ships

Plasma on all the rest
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was right about to ask about these. Right now i'm flying the Romulan Vet ship, so i was debating whether or not to go Romulan Plasma or Fleet plasma. Do the plasma tac consoles boost the lotus? Or would i still be better off going for the Fleet AP?

Yes plasma tac consoles do boost the lotus. They also boost the singularity beam console the arkif uses. :)
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • Options
    ethoirethoir Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Fed Engie 1: Antiproton Beam Arrays (Old [Borg] version. Previously was crafted Plasma Beam Arrays)
    Fed Engie 2: Elachi Dual Crescent Cannons + Turrets (Previously Phased Polarons)
    Fed Tac: Tetryon Dual Heavy Cannons + Turrets (Previously Phased Tetryons)
    Fed Sci: Polarized Disruptor Beam Arrays (Previously Tetryon Beam Arrays)
    Reman Eng: Tetryon Beam Arrays
    KDF Tac: Disruptor Dual Cannons + Turrets
    KDF Sci: Phased Polaron Dual Cannons + Turrets (Prviously Dominion Polaron Dual Cannons)

I tend tochange weapons for some builds when preparing for PvP. But these are good enough for PvE.
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like polarized disruptors. But with elite gear only available in one type, if I'm focusing on damage, elite disruptors win out for those builds.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited January 2014
    For my tactical I really enjoy using the Elite Fleet Phasers for the shield heal proc. On my Engineer, I just use Advanced Fleet Antiproton for DPS potential. On my science, I use a mix of proton and antiproton, but would love to go with a full antiproton layout if they'd give us an omni-directional Proton beam.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have many, many alts and a number of them use different energy types.

1. Disruptors - Big family of Disruptor damage types, though the KDF gets the added luxury of Eltie Fleet Disruptors. Between my alts, esp. on KDF side, this is by far my most commonly used energy weapon type.

2. Phasers - My Fed TAC has to keep it real for Starfleet.

3. Romulan Plasma - The only Plasma energy weapons I'll ever use.

4. Antiproton - Regular, trusted AP, not the Voth variety.

5. Polarons - A few of mine have these. Regular Polarons, Dominion Polarons, Phased Polarons. I'm beginning to like the Protonic Polarons a whole lot, esp. with builds that have high Crit Rates.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Melati: rainbow
    Beltran: disruptor
    Eridian: phaser
    Tetin: Phaser
    Chuft: phaser
    Drexela: plasma
    7 of 13: phaser
    Rappaccini: phaser
    Carnlan: tetryon
    Sekkoth: antiproton
    Diaula: torpedos
    Emani: plasma
    Soheth: plasma
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    caldannach wrote: »
    Yes plasma tac consoles do boost the lotus. They also boost the singularity beam console the arkif uses. :)

Nice, Thank you for that.

Does anyone know if the Elite Phaser are any good? I'm curious if they're worth getting for my fed tac, but i keep hearing too many differing opinions.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I find that I tend to prefer Tetryons and kinetic Plasma weapons. That said, I do love my mixed Disruptor loadout on my Bortasqu.

That said, I think the only damage type I don't have on one of my active ships right now is Polaron. That may change if I do try a proton build with one of the Sci-stroyers, but I they never really did it for me when I've used them in the past.
  • Options
    nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nice, Thank you for that.

Does anyone know if the Elite Phaser are any good? I'm curious if they're worth getting for my fed tac, but i keep hearing too many differing opinions.

Some people like the heal procs. They're nice, but don't often kick in when you need them. The heal is a bit weaker than that of the valedore console.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Perhaps protonic polaron....just to be different
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It used to be Polarons back in Season 2/3, but they totally renewed and screwed up some lovely weapons in S4+.

I always dispised them after that moment.

God AP used to look awesome too. A bit like how the Voth AP effects are but wayyyyyy better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I'm using polarons, but saving up to upgrade to protonic polarons. The drain I get on them is pretty awesome.
  • Options
    stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Fleet Phasers, good stats and because I prefer that authentic Starfleet look.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • Options
    platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My Dyson will be pure protonic polaron, but my main ship is tetryon.

Now if there was Protonic tetryon, holy ****.

In a world where everyone's ship shoots orange and red beams, my ship shoots blue (save for the 360 antiproton beam turret).

PvP is lame anyway, I just wish there was more tetryon weapons. I use Phased because its normal Tet + disables, and is really the only good tetryon type. A 360 tetryon beam turret would be great for using my console buffs.

Maybe my dream will come true when they improve crafting.
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Depends on the ship, but I go strictly canon if it's about aesthetics (color).. hence Disruptors for my Klingon and Romulan ships, Spiral Waves for my Galor and some Fed ships, Phasers for my Fed ships and my D'Kora, Polarons for all my Jem ships, .. etc. ..

I don't use Plasma, Tetryon and Antiproton weapons and I never will.
    Speaking of Spiral Waves, can we get a Dual Beam Bank, Single Cannons and Turrets added to the dil store?

^ This!!! Signed. *^^*
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    cabezadetortugacabezadetortuga Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I use tetryon weapons because I like their sound effects and pale blue color that matches the pulses of my feedback pulse.
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I avoid phasers on the ground, mostly because the higher Mk ones look like gaudy messes, the others I generally avoid for similar reason, though this can be worked around by using Romulan disruptors, nanite disruptors, romulan plasma-disruptors, retro phasers and retro disruptors, and bajoran phasers. I also use the omega set a lot because I like the aesthetics and utility. Other than that, my Romulan uses plasma-but not because I want to-because Cryptic has decided to pidgeonhole the Romulans as the 'plasma faction' by giving them a 10% bonus to plasma damage. Eventually I'll switch over to the Romulan rep weapons.

So mostly phasers and disruptors with some plasma and antiproton mixed in.
  • Options
    zachariyazachariya Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    On my main, who is a tac officer I use antiproton, my alts have no solid plans but At least 2 of them, both sci are gonna end up with rom plasma.
    Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!
  • Options
    terragosaterragosa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Fed ships: Phasers, Quantum Torps
    Klingon Ships: Disruptors, Photon Torps
    Romulan ships: Nanite Disruptors, Plasma Torps
    Reman ship: Plasma, Plasma Torps
    Jem'hadar ships: Polaron, Plasma Torps
    D'kora: Tetryon, Quantum Torps

Ground weapons depend on the races of the captain and boffs.
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Kinetic.

Was Tetryon before.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    confedinblueconfedinblue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Mostly plasma--I just like that field of green that I get with the Romulan Rep torps. With a splash of purple from a hargh'peng torp, it's just a pretty sight.

And I'm looking forward to seeing the Omega Rep plasma torps in action now that they're fixed--just hadn't had a chance yet. I kept thinking I was supposed to see more than one at a time--just never figured it out.

It's a bummer to see the enemy FAW the torps out of the sky, so having that torpedo cloaking ability was a nice addition.

I'm going to try out the same thing with my Romulan when he gets the rep system finished out--him in a T'Varo with that mess while cloaked will be fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]