test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ESD Attacked

Comments

• keria0macleodkeria0macleod Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    When a KDF pops into ESD and shoots Quinn , there is a riot on the forums, and in zone chat...so a fleet of Voth would be noticeable.

I wouldnt call it a fleet. It was two or three frigates.
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Exactly my point.

Ah... nvm.
    Fleet Admiral; MACO Advanced Recon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • legionaire77thlegionaire77th Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    The post counts of the eyewitnesses are not very reassuring.

You must explain why "Post Counts" lend to credibility here on the forums. Last I checked experience lent to credibility.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You must explain why "Post Counts" lend to credibility here on the forums. Last I checked experience lent to credibility.

Now you are up to 7.

Any STO players with forum reputation for honesty want to chime in on this ESD invasion? Surely, somebody besides 3 or 4 new accounts saw a Voth invasion of ESD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karathenoblekarathenoble Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Now you are up to 7.

Any STO players with forum reputation for honesty want to chime in on this ESD invasion? Surely, somebody besides 3 or 4 new accounts saw a Voth invasion of ESD.

aww someone cant believe. nothing ever happens unless you are there to see it your self. well now. just shows that you have small closed mind.
    edited January 2014
    Now you are up to 7.

So I 'Potentially' lack reputation for honesty based on a quantity of posts.

So by your logic... you at one point on this forum also Potentially lacked a reputation for honesty too.
    edited January 2014
    Also, if this were genuine, from the angle of this shot, we would be able to see the aenigma nebula (Captain's Table entrance) in the distance, past the residential station. I don't see it.

Probably because the Captain's Table isn't part of the Foundry pre-made ESD space map.

Edit: I will now stop feeding them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    I don't know if this will help in your endeavour to prove/disprove my validity, but here. Have a screenshot of my time played according to Steam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've seen Big Foot pictures with more proof...I would think players would spam the hell of of the print screen button and have different pictures from different angles, especially all those Allies on the right.
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited January 2014
    I agree it is odd that there aren't more pictures of it, though I didn't screen it. Apparently I should have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raptor77thraptor77th Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I guess I should have have made a screenshot as well, but not when an enemy ship warps into my back yard my last thought is oh I should grab my camera.
    edited January 2014
    I agree it is odd that there aren't more pictures of it, though I didn't screen it. Apparently I should have.

yea alot of us just focused on killing it. :/ screen thos was sort of a after thought. the british guy was only one smart enough to grab them
    edited January 2014
    Probably because the Captain's Table isn't part of the Foundry pre-made ESD space map.

Edit: I will now stop feeding them.

I don't post or reply in forums often because this usually happens. Of course I am going to support my squadmates. I don't understand the initial quick dismissal of things. I did not find the initial responses to my colleague very objective. Instead his account of things was rebuked solely on the basis of the number of post counts. Do you understand how shallow that sounds?
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Usually most people will miss it. it would be over before you realize what is happening. then you have the group that want in on the fun and try to get a shot in as their priority.

The thing to keep in mind is that in sol you can use abilities and launch mine but they don't explode and you cant fire weapons only because there is no enemy npc. If there is an enemy npc you have to be able to defend yourself.

Enemy npcs have come on social maps a number of times in the past. if a kfd play makes their way onto esd they can shoot can kill. If my fed gets into qo'nos I could start shooting npcs as well.

This event is well in the realms of possibility. Those screen shots don't look fake.
    edited January 2014
    I don't post or reply in forums often because this usually happens. Of course I am going to support my squadmates. I don't understand the initial quick dismissal of things. I did not find the initial responses to my colleague very objective. Instead his account of things was rebuked solely on the basis of the number of post counts. Do you understand how shallow that sounds?

You're missing about 4 or 5 legit reasons to be skeptical, from the presence of a fleet mark reward to the lack of a captain's table to the fact that much of it can be forged using the foundry. The post counts were never the sole objection. They are simply obvious evidence that we're either dealing with dental or one poor guy with multiple accounts.

This is how you and I have spent a Saturday night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    I can't speak for the others that are telling what they saw. However, I can name a list of at least 3 different people who use in game voice chat that can confirm who I am.

At the end of the day, it doesnt matter to me one way or another if I am 'credible' or any such at this point. It's not like I'm going to gain or lose anything from any who do or don't believe it.

It happened, people where too busy shooting to screen it. Not gonna spend my night arguing about it. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    You're missing about 4 or 5 legit reasons to be skeptical, from the presence of a fleet mark reward to the lack of a captain's table to the fact that much of it can be forged using the foundry. The post counts were never the sole objection. They are simply obvious evidence that we're either dealing with dental or one poor guy with multiple accounts.

It could have been worse. But instead, and fortunately for us, it was enlightening. Thank you.
    edited January 2014

what? you saying i am of the same person? wtf sort of argument is that? i can prove i am me my self and I. as can others. your just being whinny little ***** because you were not part of something.
    edited January 2014
    what? you saying i am of the same person? wtf sort of argument is that? i can prove i am me my self and I. as can others. your just being whinny little ***** because you were not part of something.

Thread is done sweety let it go. Any further posts will just be flame and/or pointless debate on the authenticity of peoples identity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    Thread is done sweety let it go. Any further posts will just be flame and/or pointless debate on the authenticity of peoples identity.

that was a bit of personal blow -_-
    edited January 2014

wanna pvp?
    i need to test something. rest of my fleet members are in bed
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well...that was an interesting journey.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • tick0tick0 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To those using the excuse "the Aenigma Nebula isn't there" to prove the screenshot is fake: you didn't look very hard. After reading those posts, I looked back at the screenshot and saw it straight away, to the right of Dark StaR in Lag Industries (look up from the Voth ship and you'll see him). You guys probably missed that because the nebula's full visual effect isn't there, most likely due to the player's video settings and/or abundance of activity in the scene, thus details in the distance were lowered. Whatever the reason, it is there, just look.
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I have never seen the log off message with that unique coloring.

This made me laugh. I guess forum post count means nothing of experience or legitimacy since you don't even know that you can alter the colouring of chat channels. :P

Now, as for what I think... The screenshot looks legit to me, and the idea of Voth attacking ESD doesn't seem so far-fetched considering the Devs have had fun like this in the past. :D

Don't know, don't care, just wanted to point out a couple of things to some of the posters here. :)
    star_trek_razzle_dazzle_by_schematization-d37701m.gif
    @f4tamy | Sad Pandas
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    *observes screenshot*

1. One last wave... in chat box. Yeah this aint real. SFD overlaid on ESD zone space
    2. One cannae fire in that zone (scotty voice)
    3. lol 2xtt 1xet
    4. lol 700 damage floaters

Stop making things up OP.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not sure why people are so quick to yell fake. They have done this type of stuff before... I remember fighting borg at ESD once.

On tribble I have seen devs warp in all sorts of stupid things. lol

Either they are planning something in a story coming up and we will see more of this stuff... or it was a bored dev... or perhaps it is just a photoshop.

Not impossible though and yes they have warped things into ESD previously before a major story release. There is an event coming up we all know... and good chance its going to revolve around the current story which means Voth most likely. Even has Tim Russ in it... of course if they where promoting something they would likely have done it more then once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not sure why people are so quick to yell fake. They have done this type of stuff before... I remember fighting borg at ESD once.

On tribble I have seen devs warp in all sorts of stupid things. lol

Either they are planning something in a story coming up and we will see more of this stuff... or it was a bored dev... or perhaps it is just a photoshop.

Not impossible though and yes they have warped things into ESD previously before a major story release. There is an event coming up we all know... and good chance its going to revolve around the current story which means Voth most likely. Even has Tim Russ in it... of course if they where promoting something they would likely have done it more then once.

The chat log is the dead giveaway mate. It shows system messages, and if he was actually at ESD between the Fleet Alert and ESD there would have been a message about entering the sector space or something akin to that (forget the exact wording)
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Fake or not, i like the idea of random incursions in sectors.

Space and ground : Breen, voth, borg and everyone in the sector has to participate. I believe this is how it was with the original borg red alerts.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In the words of one of our more popular Senators:

"It's a fakeeeeee!"
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Will we were all waiting for him, the dev's made Drozana's interior "HOT" and started beaming in NPC enemies, the zone I was in got the Borg, others got the Unidine, I don't know about any other factions on other zones.

That would be a wonderful event on Holodeck
    <3
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Weither it's a fake or not, weither it's a dev just having fun while being bored or teasing something bigger, I don't know and I don't care. They're sweet screenshots and I thank the OP for posting them. Personally, I'd love to have random events like this happen once in a blue moon. It would be like that time the Breen got to Earth, or the end of 'Endgame'.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    grylak wrote: »
    Weither it's a fake or not, weither it's a dev just having fun while being bored or teasing something bigger, I don't know and I don't care. They're sweet screenshots and I thank the OP for posting them. Personally, I'd love to have random events like this happen once in a blue moon. It would be like that time the Breen got to Earth, or the end of 'Endgame'.

Perhaps with random reputation reward boxes. Everyone has to participate and the rewards are to prevent people form fleeing at the first sign of trouble.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
This discussion has been closed.