test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ESD Attacked

raptor77thraptor77th Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Last night while in ESD a Voth fleet warped in and a short battle ensued. Did anyone else experience this?
Post edited by raptor77th on

Comments

• kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The fact that you're the only one who bothered posting it, and that you waited this long, makes your claim rather unbelievable. So I must say, pics or it didn't happen.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • raptor77thraptor77th Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    http://gyazo.com/d2c0287b754242521cd9984793914045

Unsure who took it I forgot the name I did not take it but I am the Scimitar R.R.W. Phoenix
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have never seen the log off message with that unique coloring.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    that poor ship didnt stand a chance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited January 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I have never seen the log off message with that unique coloring.

chat options ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I see one Voth ship in that pic. Where's the rest of the fleet that you're talking about???
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
    edited January 2014
    And what is with the fleet marks notice?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • karathenoblekarathenoble Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    that poor ship didnt stand a chance

there were i think 3-4 ships that came in.
    edited January 2014
    The 2 palisades died rather quickly I honestly can't remember much was working on my ship and heard weapons fire.
    edited January 2014
    Curious how these are the first forum posts y'all have made.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This has got to be one of the more clever photoshops I've seen so far. But everyone knows you cannot fire weapons in ESD orbital space. So fake. Clearly you've photoshopped an image of a Starbase Fleet Defense over parts of ESD. The shoopwork is really quite good, but given that you've chosen to depict something that is physically impossible, the fakery is revealed.

<Vreenak>IT'S A FAAAAAAAKE!</Vreenak>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    This has got to be one of the more clever photoshops I've seen so far. But everyone knows you cannot fire weapons in ESD orbital space. So fake. Clearly you've photoshopped an image of a Starbase Fleet Defense over parts of ESD. The shoopwork is really quite good, but given that you've chosen to depict something that is physically impossible, the fakery is revealed.

Ah, that right there proves it.
    edited January 2014
    So why are we being linked the same picture twice?
    edited January 2014

<Vreenak>IT'S A FAAAAAAAKE!</Vreenak>

so you never seen hanger pets attacked ? ive seen this happen before but was long ago on the test server and to be precise you can attack any thing as long as it shows up as a enemy you just cant attack your own faction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Also, if this were genuine, from the angle of this shot, we would be able to see the aenigma nebula (Captain's Table entrance) in the distance, past the residential station. I don't see it.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey to the op, I've got some great swamp land for real estate development in Florida if you're interested. Did you really think your photoshop wouldn't be found out? I was at ESD overnight and that clearly never happened.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
    edited January 2014
    I can not vouch for who took the screen but feel free to contact all you see in the pic it happened I know Cryptic did something similar with Borg attacking ESD before. I honestly think it would be something awesome to see every once in a while.
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    People forget that the dev's have full control of the in game environment at all times.

There was a emergency shut down of holodeck once, about a year ago, where we were told during the downtime Dan Stal would do a Q&A at Drozana on Tribble.

Will we were all waiting for him, the dev's made Drozana's interior "HOT" and started beaming in NPC enemies, the zone I was in got the Borg, others got the Unidine, I don't know about any other factions on other zones.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
    edited January 2014
    People forget that the dev's have full control of the in game environment at all times.

they also forget they can become npc them self think dan did it one time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • legionaire77thlegionaire77th Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It was photoshopped because the guys who say it was Were not present to at the event and as we all know these guys Must be present for any said event to be real. On a totally unrelated note: Its a game guys. Remember that.
  • bladewolf5bladewolf5 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cool...spy ships:), hope next time lot more, so every FED ships have to beam out of the zone...haha.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Isn't it curious that the part of the map that shows players in front of esd and earth has exactly 5 players, except for a ship that is in a very dark area? A few other blue names in there that could easily be photoshopped into it, since we can't really see the ships, or they could be friendly Foundry npcs, with a player's name photoshopped on top of a npc named USS Hermes.

ESD and Earth is a premade Foundry space map that can be played by a team of 5 people. A gang of 5 friends can get together and shoot a Voth carrier placed at a specific x, y, and z value.

The other half of the map could be a screenshot of a fleet action, with the 5 Foundry players shooting at a ship that is placed in a spot relative to the necessary curve that would match the screenshot of the original fleet action. Or the fleet screenshot is made to fit with the exact spot of the ship being destroyed in the Foundry mission.

Still some nice photoshop work. Kudos for a creative use of the Foundry. Also "Allies" makes me think that you guys placed friendly npc mobs just outside of the frame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    When I grow up I want to be a troll like this guy. Thats alotta effort to troll a post. LOL.

If ya need to send kudos to the 'alledged photoshop' artist his name is, and Im not kiddin... 'The British Guy' on Steam.
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't know how legit this picture is...

BUT

I know it is possible to shoot in zones in that don't normally allow you, I've seen this happen a few times at DS9

I've seen this in situations where a certain KDF ship unleashes a bunch of drones... when the KDF ship leaves the sector, the drones suddenly turn into targettable enemies and they fire on ships and you can destroy them in turn

So this is possible, but not likely
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ah, that right there proves it.

It proves nothing. There's normally nothing in Sol that you can target with weapons so obviously you normally can't fire.

There was a emergency shut down of holodeck once, about a year ago, where we were told during the downtime Dan Stal would do a Q&A at Drozana on Tribble.

Will we were all waiting for him, the dev's made Drozana's interior "HOT" and started beaming in NPC enemies, the zone I was in got the Borg, others got the Unidine, I don't know about any other factions on other zones.

I have screenshots of that. After making the interior "hot" they did the same thing in the Drozana space map and there was a huge frenzy of chaotic deliciousness.

Also, if this were genuine, from the angle of this shot, we would be able to see the aenigma nebula (Captain's Table entrance) in the distance, past the residential station. I don't see it.

It's visible just above and to the right of the USS Triton. It's very faint though. Dunno if that's graphics settings or a photoshop blending layer.

Too bad there are no timestamps in the chat log to compare to the time at the minimap. The fleet mark notifications could have been from several minutes earlier.

I should point out that there are THREE screenshots of this, not just the one, and the Aenigma nebula looks the same in all 3. Why bother doing 3 shop jobs AND bother replicating such a graphical anomoly in all 3? There's also temporal cohesion between all 3 with the player's damage floaters being consistent as well as player names that are on and then off screen. I'm calling dev shenanigans.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220443301
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220443335
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220443386

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    However sadly faked this image is.... wouldn't be awesome if such random events just happened. What if you are hanging around ESD, and then a swarm of Klingon NPCs beamed in and started mucking the place up.

Or if Drozana got attacked by Dividians.

Or Qo'nos itself was attacked by the Fek'lir.

Not often.. but one random, unannounced event at odd hours every week or so. One random incursion that takes hundreds of players to take down....

Life is but a dream I guess :rolleyes:
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Made in 3 minutes. Sure, the original is far more impressive.

http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/asdfdsf.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And what is with the fleet marks notice?
    yeah, the chat log look like he was in Starbase Defense...
    kyeto13 wrote: »
    However sadly faked this image is.... wouldn't be awesome if such random events just happened. What if you are hanging around ESD, and then a swarm of Klingon NPCs beamed in and started mucking the place up.

Or if Drozana got attacked by Dividians.

Or Qo'nos itself was attacked by the Fek'lir.

Not often.. but one random, unannounced event at odd hours every week or so. One random incursion that takes hundreds of players to take down....

Life is but a dream I guess :rolleyes:
    There used to be random Borg invasions at DS9.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited January 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Made in 3 minutes. Sure, the original is far more impressive.

http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/asdfdsf.jpg

Your talent level shows here... *claps*
This discussion has been closed.