test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What makes you want to keep playing STO?

13»

Comments

• Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What makes me want to play?

-shrug-

I got nothin' here. "It passes some time" maybe?
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not very much these days. Too much grinding. I would say the foundry but since the search menu isumm broken advertising your mission is yet another grind.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The key is to be selective in what you grind for. It either has to be a really fun grind like Dyson Rep, which doesn't feel like grinding at all, or it has to have something I really want like the new Dyson Hybrid ships.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It is Star Trek

It is not horrible, and they try to improve.

I have not heard much about ARC. I may need to unplug to read about it. From the comments on the forums it is a multigame launcher similar to what they used for FF online. As long as the system use for it is minimal and I can still do the things I do now.
    <shrug>

If not then it is an 'improvement' for the sake of changing things. Not to improve anything.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    krovankrovan Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I log in when something new comes out, but rarely stay for more than a few days. If there was more player driven type stuff to keep things fresh between content releases I'd probably hang around.

The foundry was great, but the tools need an update badly, and both the foundry and any real pvp development seem to be far off the radar. Exploration is also off the radar.

I wish they would do a survey and actually stick to the results, it seems really murky and I tend to avoid murky futures in mmos because time investment isn't giving me adequate returns.
    http://soundcloud.com/krovan-1
  • Options
    gemetzelgemetzel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I play STO because it's fun as hell. It's the best sci-fi MMO out there and I love Star Trek. I trust Cryptic with the IP and they've done a fantastic job with keeping the game moving. STO gets better every year.