test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arc outage (1/23/14) *Resolved!*

Two days I was playing STO with no issue, then went and map moved and was timed out. Since then, I have been unable to log into the game at all. Everytime I go to load ARC, it takes a while to load before telling me

"Login has timed out. Please check your network connection and try again."

My internet is fine, its only this issue with ARC. If I try to sign back in, I get the same message.

Can anyone help?
Post edited by carlosbfly on

Comments

• markfalconemarkfalcone Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just updated Arc and now it is timing out on login, and the restarts haven't even started yet.
  • realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm having usability issues, performance issues, and cant see the red text errors and upper right corner X prompts in the new ARC.

How/where do I report/detail these?
  • ltcolsharpeltcolsharpe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm having that same problem.
  • carasek17carasek17 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just updated Arc and now it is timing out on login, and the restarts haven't even started yet.

Same here :(
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • artillerie2artillerie2 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And same here. Given the dislike aimed at Arc, i would have thought it would be made workable at least.
  • realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »

That's a 51 page response thread, anything I put there will be totally lost for sure. I was hoping for something more like ARC bug reporting/direct feedback reporting.

Right now I can't even connect to the account server (for 30 minutes) so I'm hoping that's just "early" downtime. If I can't connect to the account server none of the other issues will matter anyway.
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This has been happening to me as well. Two days ago I map moved, it then booted me out saying my login had timed out. Trying to get back onto ARC, I now can't and am constantly being told my login has timed out.
    edited January 2014
    The game is right now going update. It is Thursday. Also if you start any topic about ARC will be merged to the one I linked and the devs want your feedback there. They check the topic.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That's a 51 page response thread, anything I put there will be totally lost for sure. I was hoping for something more like ARC bug reporting/direct feedback reporting.

Right now I can't even connect to the account server (for 30 minutes) so I'm hoping that's just "early" downtime. If I can't connect to the account server none of the other issues will matter anyway.

They don't really want feedback on arc. If they did they wouldn't use it.
    If they want feedback on tribble or redshirt testing they have an entire forum where you can provide bug testing and feedback. To make it easier they will even create their own threads for minute aspects of the patches. But you don't need to use them.
    But they want feedback on a software that is suppose to work on everything their company is working in and they keep it in an amalgamated thread.
    You might as well write it in invisible ink.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • waaagh951waaagh951 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    who is goign to play

and pay of those that pays if they can't log in. last update is a wreck to all of us it seems
    edited January 2014
    LOL, sort of ARC is
    and
    . :D
  • carasek17carasek17 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Working here for me now. Just in time for the game maintenance downtime! :mad:
  • waaagh951waaagh951 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    now it works again. but it refuse to load it's URL linki. great. i got a black blue thing there?
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited January 2014
    Tell ARC to turn around

Bend over

Then deposit feedback
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

There's a Email address for ARC feedback listed here... http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1076561
  • shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have the same issue, so it's not just you. I went to log into STO this morning before the patch and got the same message. I just tried it again to patch the game before it went up and still the same message. Once again, my internet is fine as I can log into my other games fine, and browse web pages too. The issue just seems to be with ARC.
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, at least its not just me. I've never had any problems with ARC until this Tuesday. Apparently some kind of update went in that day so I can only assume its caused some issues :(
  • vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The best thing to do is uninstall ARC once you have STO on your PC. If for any reason ARC becomes forced on us, I will no longer play this game and I would encourage my friends not to either.

One MMO is a quite a bit of a time sink. If you are employed and have a family as I do, you can barely find time for one MMO, none the less a few. The whole point of ARC is to get to play more of their games.

I play here because I enjoy Star Trek. I am personally not a MMO person.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
    edited January 2014
    edited January 2014
    I didn't have any problems until this morning, so it could be.
  • pauliewok64pauliewok64 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same here I cannot log in seems that the server cannot connect..my internet is fine...sigh...hopefully it will be fixed soon I was in the mood to play the game today
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the report! The team is investigating. We will be sure to post once Arc is available again. Thanks again for your support and patience during our beta period.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is this going to become another tempermental point of failure to sabotage the reliability of this game?
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not even using Arc and I can't access the front page. Granted I can just bypass it by going to the forums directly. But what's up with this?
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That's a 51 page response thread, anything I put there will be totally lost for sure.

Why do you think every thread about ARC gets moved there, like this one inevitably will? ;)
    edited January 2014
    Just tried it for a 3rd time, and either it's fixed, or third time's a charm, cause this time it let me in and STO is patching now.
  • buddingherobuddinghero Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's not just ARC folks, I use the regular launcher and since the server mysteriously went down two days ago, and since the launcher update yesterday the login server continuously times out. If you are lucky enough to load a map, the ship just sits there, you can swivel it but you can't boldly go. Load the assignments and try to claim rewards for finished ones and it doesn't give details. Does anyone official ever comment here?
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    The issue is now resolved! Thanks for your patience as the Arc team worked on this.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.