test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Expired SSL Certificate (Resolved!)

The certificate for crypticspace.com expired today, preventing any XMPP connections to be made to the server.
The fingerprint of the certificate is 95:ad:06:a2:bb:3c:9c:fa:88:e3:8d:dd:7c:ac:31:58:0e:23:6e:af
and it expired Fri Jan 17 08:29:57 2014.

Could that be updated please ?:)
Post edited by darkshadowsto on

Comments

• nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The certificate for crypticspace.com expired today, preventing any XMPP connections to be made to the server.
    The fingerprint of the certificate is 95:ad:06:a2:bb:3c:9c:fa:88:e3:8d:dd:7c:ac:31:58:0e:23:6e:af
    and it expired Fri Jan 17 08:29:57 2014.

Could that be updated please ?:)

Sooooo.... a company who's Raison d'etre is built on the internet .....lets a key SSL certificate expire.....

:rolleyes:

Whats next? are they going to forget to pay the utilities bill? lol
    server_hamster6.png
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can also confirm this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • mengde74mengde74 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, I guess this explains why I haven't been able to log in via pidgn since last night.

This is a real inconvenience. Sto is a social game, I don't log on for the game play, I log on for the people I play the game with. I talk with them while I doff, while I rep, while I grind out starbase projects. Its just about impossible to carry on a conversation when switching between 30 characters setting up reputation *unless* you have an external chat client, and trying to keep track of conversations while in an stf is confusing, and detracts focus from the mission. Having an external chat client has become integral to the way I play the game, I've been using it since Stormshades original post in may of 2010. It's as integral a part of the game to me as firing phasers.

Can we get some dev attention on this? Or at least some dev acknowledgement that this is a thing?

Regardless, I don't think I'll be playing much sto until this is fixed...
  • mengde74mengde74 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OK, issue is fixed, for now.

Those were a dark 12 hours or so, but thanks for the prompt action :)
  • darkshadowstodarkshadowsto Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wow, that was quick, huge thanks for that ultra fast fix.
    I hope I don't have to write another message on the Sun Jan 17 22:34:07 2016 ;-)
This discussion has been closed.