test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patcher Error

drdazzordrdazzor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
When trying to log into patcher to launch game I get the following eroor dialogue box and the patcher won't initialise.

"A file was locked that could not be opened for writing"

Please help ...need sto fix!!!!!
Post edited by drdazzor on

Comments

• drdazzordrdazzor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Additional info fro error log -

130607 20:49:37 2 [1] ESC : The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 36\nA file was locked that could not be open for writing - Could not delete previously renamed file (C:/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online.exe.deleteme)
    130607 20:49:37 4 [1] ESC : The patchclientlib is returning error code : 36\nA file was locked that could not be open for writing
    130607 20:49:37 5 [1]: Launcher PCL Error A file was locked that could not be open for writing

I have tried manually deleting the file in question but get a dialogue box reporting -

'The action can't be completed because the file is open in Star Trek Online.exe'

Even though I do not have the game client open.
  • stonesaintstonesaint Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    I have downloaded this game for the first time and at 99% I get the error 36 thing and it goes round and round And I do not have an answer yet it is driving me crazy oh and 2 hours and counting :eek:
  • pmaddenpmadden Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i am also getting this 'error 36' code.
    I have had the game installed for a while now, and play frequently, today is the only time I have had this issue.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pmadden wrote: »
    i am also getting this 'error 36' code.
    I have had the game installed for a while now, and play frequently, today is the only time I have had this issue.

Try running the launcher as 'Administrator'...

<right click launcher icon> -> 'Run as administrator'
  • scazzzascazzza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've literally had the game installed since months before launch. First time ever the game won't patch. Tried as admin, still nothing.