test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Earning fleet credits

deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
In larger fleets, it is quite difficult to earn fleet credits, especially as each project asks for 170ish duty officers. EACH...

Now the exchange is asking for more and more expensive prices... and EC is getting a bit hard to come by.

Could those items that we put in the projects that cost like 1200-1800 EC each, please have a higher return for fleet credits than 2 or 3 fleet credits each?

I'm not complaining about the prices. I'm just saying, can we have a better return on our contributions to the fleets? This will help smaller fleets as well.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2013
    thoughts? comments? objections?
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's a complicated issue. The reason the Doffs, for example, are expensive is because people are in a rush to complete their Fleetbases and they would rather buy the Doffs rather then earn them through play. It's the players who decide they're willing to pay 2,000 EC for a Doff knowing they need 170 of them. I don't feel that people should be rewarded more due to the vagaries of their nature.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    2,000?

the lowest is 20,000... and that's because the guy didn't check the next up price, which was 34,000.

It's averaging 40,000 ec. It's starting to get cheaper to buy rare officers.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And my point still is that you are deciding the price of those Doffs by being willing to pay for them rather then get them through play. It's your own need to get your base done quickly that's driving you to pay those prices.

As I said, a 170 Doffs is not hard for a large Fleet to get just by playing. It's generally not even 1 doff per member.

What you're proposing is rewarding people who decided to take the Exchange shortcut.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    satinaviansatinavian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Normal stuff is around 100 EC per fleet credit, sometimes 75 EC from special vendors.

Dill ist 1 Dill per fleet credit which is not too far from 100 EC regarding contrabant prices, dill exchance and c-store prices.

Doffs give 300 fleet credits each, a little less for those "any doff" stuff.

Doing the math results in the exchange prices for fleet base doffs are pretty much in line with the other contribution options. (That is only true after puting an "or" in tac/sec and sci/med options, ofc)
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    thoughts? comments? objections?

I think the doffs might be balanced, so that you can't make profit by purchasing them at your starbase, turn them in, rinse and repeat. So if they were to raise the rewards recieved for each doff, they'd also have to raise the price for buying them at your starbase.

I agree that the rewards for contributing commodities is to low for the work involved. Spending millions on thousands of seismic stabilizers, going through the hassle to buy them in stack of 100 and being left with a bit of change worth of Fleet credits.

One thing I hate even more, though, are the embassy and mining supplies, which you have to purchase for Fleet Credits, but they don't reward anything on turn-in. They should make them accessable through doff missions and unbound.
  • Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would rather they accept more than just common doffs. I say commons are worth 1, uncommons are worth 2, rares 4, and purples 8. I have a lot of greens and blues that are worthless for assignments, might as well get some use out of them.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I say commons are worth 1, uncommons are worth 2, rares 4, and purprles 8

but who would do that, when you can get 27 commons out of each purple?
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you're struggling for Fleet Credits, run the Crystalline Event and Mine Trap Elites Daily. I think (if played during the bonus) that's a 55 and 95 Fleet Mark reward respectively, and they can be played continually; I don't believe Mine Trap has a cooldown. CE is only 15 minutes I think?

If you're struggling for White Duty Officers, there are a selection of NPC's (in Starfleet Academy, First City and New Romulus Command) which you can visit (I believe every 48-72 hours) and undertake assignments which reward you with between (typically) one and three doffs (per assignment). They're usually white too (occasionally you may get a green or blue out of it).

Assuming you run them every 72 hours, that's a potential 13 doffs (17 if you're playing as a romulan) every half week. Double that for a weekly reward.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    jessiecoltjessiecolt Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You can downgrade Doff's through the Personnel officers at your respective faction location.

Klingon or Starfleet Academy.

As my main has migrated/upgraded to mostly Purples and Blues, the remaining greens are being swapped out for whites for fleet projects.

Doing this helps in many ways:

1. Opens up Doff Roster space
    2. Earns Recruitment points
    3. Fills fleet projects
    4. Earns money by selling the un-used Doff's that are randomly received.
  • Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited October 2013
    Join a smaller fleet. Nobody if forcing you to stay in a large fleet. FC's are easy to come by in a smaller fleet and actually appreciated.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    not my problem, i said that the commodities return is too low, considering how many doffs that need to be bought.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just pour dilithium into it. Nobody donates that stuff.;)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Dilithium should be worth more in my opinion, at least twice or thrice the amount!
  • Options
    madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    If you're struggling for Fleet Credits, run the Crystalline Event and Mine Trap Elites Daily. I think (if played during the bonus) that's a 55 and 95 Fleet Mark reward respectively, and they can be played continually; I don't believe Mine Trap has a cooldown. CE is only 15 minutes I think?

If you're struggling for White Duty Officers, there are a selection of NPC's (in Starfleet Academy, First City and New Romulus Command) which you can visit (I believe every 48-72 hours) and undertake assignments which reward you with between (typically) one and three doffs (per assignment). They're usually white too (occasionally you may get a green or blue out of it).

Assuming you run them every 72 hours, that's a potential 13 doffs (17 if you're playing as a romulan) every half week. Double that for a weekly reward.

It's that i'm struggling but no matter when I log in, I even skip work because Iknow a timer is going to expire, when I do the projects are all filled in minutes, in several fleets I've tried. It's frustrating, there's no where to actually contribute. It seems like the fleets I've been in, if I leave to go put marks into some lower fleet, just to earn some, they won't let me back in because they want all the fleet credit to themselves. It's depressing how hard it is to actually earn fleet credit and then be able to spend it. I need higher things, like tier 3 and up, but everything is filled. It's just a struggle I can't win.

If anyone has a fleet with high tiers I can give marks to because dilithium is a terrible turnaround, please private message me on here, so I can join. I play crazy hours. very late at night and I want to donate fleet marks more than anything!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    hmm, message SWAT ingame, sometimes we do have fleet marks problems, as well, we''re on tier 5, lol...

a member to message is ynotwlf@ynotwlf

he's on a lot.
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Maybe there could be more fleet projecst to earn fleet credits like that colonization eforts.
  • Options
    oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    they won't let me back in because they want all the fleet credit to themselves. It's depressing how hard it is to actually earn fleet credit and then be able to spend it. I need higher things, like tier 3 and up, but everything is filled.

Just to counter the 'they are greedy" argument. On my Reman toon I've spent over 5million Fleet credit buying DOffs to feed into the projects. That's over 11000 DOffs. For my toon I've only bought an Elite warp core and a MkXII ground kit. It might not be that they want all the Fleet Credits for themselves, but to help the fleet. To get the fleet to Tier 3 and higher, just like you want.

There are only so many Fleet Credits you can spend on yourself.

And no, I've not gotten all those FC from donating only FM, but also from grinding out EC and Dilithium as well.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    2,000?

the lowest is 20,000... and that's because the guy didn't check the next up price, which was 34,000.

It's averaging 40,000 ec. It's starting to get cheaper to buy rare officers.

Lol hey I resent that remark, as I am one of those who post of whites for 20k all the time until market prices dwindle lower.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Does everyone forget about the several projects under the special tab at the bottom that completes in 30 minutes? Also I see this is a leadership problem. I am the leader of a medium sized fleet (200 Members) and we don't have such problems. Our leadership makes sure there is normally projects that will take fleet marks, even the ones that give you nothing almost in fleet xp but completes in 30 Minutes.

I will even slot provisioning projects in the Mine and Embassy just so there is a place to drop marks and other resources.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To those who keep saying do missions, missions give you fleet marks (MARKS) no fleet credits (CREDITS), you get credits by donating to tasks on the SB.

You buy stuff in your SB with fleet credits no with fleet marks.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    vamank wrote: »
    Does everyone forget about the several projects under the special tab at the bottom that completes in 30 minutes? Also I see this is a leadership problem. I am the leader of a medium sized fleet (200 Members) and we don't have such problems. Our leadership makes sure there is normally projects that will take fleet marks, even the ones that give you nothing almost in fleet xp but completes in 30 Minutes.

I will even slot provisioning projects in the Mine and Embassy just so there is a place to drop marks and other resources.

I find the Colonisation project is a good one to pick. Colonists is easy to come by and Provisions are cheap

We are short of dilithium, the holdings just eat it up, even with the 15% discount. The T2 and T3 main Spire upgrades are going to cost 2.55 million, and not provide much in the way of return. So I dislike putting up a provisioning project just for someone to turn in FM. It's going to sit there for ages waiting for dilithium. The 30min 'special' are a far better solution and why they were included.
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think the doffs might be balanced, so that you can't make profit by purchasing them at your starbase, turn them in, rinse and repeat. So if they were to raise the rewards recieved for each doff, they'd also have to raise the price for buying them at your starbase.

I agree that the rewards for contributing commodities is to low for the work involved. Spending millions on thousands of seismic stabilizers, going through the hassle to buy them in stack of 100 and being left with a bit of change worth of Fleet credits.

One thing I hate even more, though, are the embassy and mining supplies, which you have to purchase for Fleet Credits, but they don't reward anything on turn-in. They should make them accessable through doff missions and unbound.

Actually mining provisions can be gained by criting on the mining doff assignments at the Fleet Mines.

Its Embassy and Spire provisions that have no doff assignments which means you have to pay FCs for them for absolutely no reward. They're really stupid.
  • Options
    andy1884andy1884 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    flash525 wrote: »

Worst advice ever.

In big fleets fleet marks is the first (along with exp, if its there) to fill, doffs are the last (or sometimes dil if its there). the 30 min project most large fleets use to generate fleet creds needs (i think) 510 fms, 17 doffs and 9 civilian doffs. So, basically a cple of hours for a fed to get the FMs for 1 project, a week for the doffs.....

If you really want FMs in a big Fed fleet, go to all the nebulas, do the support mission, if you crit grind the purple doff into 27 commons, then send the refugee on the appropriate asylum mission to get another grindable doff giving you 1/3/9/27 more common doffs to donate.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    andy1884 wrote: »
    Worst advice ever.

In big fleets fleet marks is the first (along with exp, if its there) to fill, doffs are the last (or sometimes dil if its there). the 30 min project most large fleets use to generate fleet creds needs (i think) 510 fms, 17 doffs and 9 civilian doffs. So, basically a cple of hours for a fed to get the FMs for 1 project, a week for the doffs.....

If you really want FMs in a big Fed fleet, go to all the nebulas, do the support mission, if you crit grind the purple doff into 27 commons, then send the refugee on the appropriate asylum mission to get another grindable doff giving you 1/3/9/27 more common doffs to donate.

As I'm in a teeny tiny fleet nowadays, these issues dont come up.

But I've been in large ones and its not the individual player scrounging up resources to swap for fleet credit thats the problem there, its that projects can fill up too fast for everyone to earn some FC.

The small, low yield projects can help, but they're not a panacea.

I dont think theres a pat, simple solution that will cover every eventuality.

Main thing is for fleet admirals to recognise the issue and try to spread the love.

Perhaps big donators can be asked to take a holiday for a week or two.

Perhaps slots need to be set up at differing times of day, so players in different time zones get a chance.

Thing is, it's always going to be a local solution. However, no solution will ever be forthcoming if its not recognised first.